What are your TWO favorite Star Wars movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Vote in the polls for your TWO favorite Star Wars movies, and then comment below what you picked.

|King Joker|
TESB and ANH.

DarthAnt66
My favorite film is, obviously, ROTS, and honestly it isn't even close.

My second favorite is TESB, principally because of the pure beauty of it.

AncientPower
ESB and Rogue One.

DarthAnt66
Interesting. Why Rogue One? Honestly, that's my least favorite, although I do still appreciate it greatly.

AncientPower
Just did.

Vader and the Empire are portrayed in perhaps the best light we've seen on the big screen.

Contrary to popular belief, Vader in Canon is my all-time favorite character.

DarthAnt66
Ah, gotcha, yeah. Vader was great, especially the ending scene.

AncientPower
I hope TLJ gives Kylo Ren similar light, he's very promising so far.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

For all the shit Kylo gets for that final fight, the powers he displayed throughout the film wowed the audience - literally. I get it might be hard portraying Luke, Snoke, and Kylo simultaneously as very powerful, since generally you're going to need Luke or Snoke to trash Kylo to simply prove they're indeed powerful, but I do hope they find a way to amend Kylo for his loss in TFA. While I don't hold that loss against him much at all, I know many fans who put him below, say, Jedi Knight #28 at Geonosis, so I'd like to see Kylo's reputation restored. I'm open to the possibility of Kylo contending with, but visibly inferior to, Luke in a swordfight, if they want to go that route

AncientPower
Yeah, because most fans can't even spell context.

DarthAnt66
> movie explicitly emphasizes on multiple occasions the power of the bowcaster
> kylo gets directly shot with the bowcaster, remains standing and can still fight
> "kylo is trash"

AncientPower
Not to mention the book states he was toying with Finn the whole time, which he obviously is in the film.

Nor do they seem to grasp the fact that he wanted to capture Rey, not kill her.

In reality however, this is nothing more than using Ben as a scapegoat to bash TFA in general.

Fated Xtasy
Return of the Jedi was one of the most aesthetically pleasing of the OT, the pacing is much faster, the action is superb, and it's just a wonderful way to close off the amazing trilogy.

I love all the films to a certain degree, the Phantom Menace is especially sad to watch after reading the Jedi Apprentice books, cuz Qui Gon Jinn is just so tender to Obi-Wan there. So it holds a special place in my heart despite Jar Jar, that said my second favorite SW film is actually Revenge of the Sith, it's just such an amazing piece when it comes to the silent scenes, and do not get me started on the Order 66 montage, it legit made me emotional when I was younger, still does to this day. ROTS is an underrated master piece, and probably Ewan/Hayden's best films.

AncientPower
ROTJ would've been perfect had Lucas just stuck with having Kashyyyk and the Wookies as slave labor instead of Ewoks and Endor. It was damn close to ESB otherwise.

The whole prequel trilogy could've done better with leaving the political mastermind of Sidious in. Unfortunately that was substituted with comic relief and almost mindless chase scenes.

My only major gripes with any of the films really.

godemperortrump
ANH and ROTS

nfactor1995
Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi

Azronger
Return of the Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back

relentless1
Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi are my two faves by far; Sidious is the pivotal performance in both and we see the best pacing for action and saga altering story beats in both

godemperortrump
Mm Sidious corkscrewing through the air and stabbing to decorated swordsmen in seconds gets my dick hard. Choreography level 1000

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
Looks like ROTS and ESB are tied.

Kurk
RotS and ANH.

ANH was what started it all, and because of that, it's hard to ignore even if RotJ and ESB were better from a quality perspective.

RotS is the only non-cancer prequel and a masterpiece by itself. So many different emotions in that movie with wonderful character development.

My favorite put out by Disney thus far is Rogue One.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

What he said.

ROTS is massively underrated. People can say what they want about the acting, but the music was legendary.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
ESB and Rogue One.

DarthDuelist9
RotS and ESB or TFA for me.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
What he said.

ROTS is massively underrated. People can say what they want about the acting, but the music was legendary.

Even acting was great IMO.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Even acting was great IMO. Ian was great. Aside from cringey Anakin and Padme dialogue, there's nothing to really complain about.

John Williams carried the entire saga tbh

Azronger
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Mm Sidious corkscrewing through the air and stabbing to decorated swordsmen in seconds gets my dick hard. Choreography level 1000

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyST88r_JSQ

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
TESB and ANH.

DarthAnt66
Really happy to see ROTS in the lead.

Ursumeles
ESB and RotJ.
RotS is great as well.

YousufKhan1212
TESB and ROTJ.

cs_zoltan
What autistic c-unt voted TFA?

Darth Thor

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
What autistic c-unt voted TFA? Wollf?

DarthDuelist9
I voted for TFA

cs_zoltan
Makes sense.

ares834
laughing out loud

Trocity
ROTS/ESB, and yeah, I like ROTS better.

TheNuisanceBird
I'm open to the possibility of Kylo contending with, but visibly inferior to, Luke in a swordfight, if they want to go that route

I heard that according to the head-to-head children's book: Kylo > Luke.

However, this is the same book series that says Chewbacca > Grievous in hand to hand to I don't take it seriously although I'm interested on how Kylo > Luke got written in.

DarthAnt66
Pablo puts a bunch of nonsense in those books, including Kit Fisto > Darth Maul, Plo Koon > Mother Talzin, Qui-Gon > Yoda, etc.

That being said, I have a feeling the Luke in that book is ESB, not ROTJ or TFA. I might be wrong, though.

The Merchant
Head to Head says ROTJ Luke>ROTS Anakin>Vader>Yoda.

ares834
Originally posted by The Merchant
Head to Head says ROTS Anakin>Vader

?

Lord Lucien
TESB and ANH. This is the correct answer, and in this order. Anyone who voted for a Prequel fails the test and needs to see me under the desk after class.

relentless1
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This is the correct answer, and in this order. Anyone who voted for a Prequel fails the test and needs to see me under the desk after class.

lol says you bud. You have your opinion and thats fine, but most of us tend to disagree with you according to the poll anyway

UCanShootMyNova
ESB and RotJ it's not close.

|King Joker|
Pablo said on Twitter that he didn't come up with the victors in the head to head books

Darth Thor
TESB and ANH.

This is the correct answer, and in this order.

Such a Critics answer lol

DarthAnt66
This is the correct answer, and in this order. Anyone who voted for a Prequel fails the test and needs to see me under the desk after class.
Funny considering that, besides TFA, ANH and ESB are Lucas' least favorites.

Emperordmb

Rebel95
ROTS and ESB

carthage
Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Revenge is good but Christensen's acting is a flaw

S W LeGenD
Top 5 are:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi

cs_zoltan
Fegit can't even count.

TheNuisanceBird
Pablo puts a bunch of nonsense in those books, including Kit Fisto > Darth Maul, Plo Koon > Mother Talzin, Qui-Gon > Yoda, etc.

That being said, I have a feeling the Luke in that book is ESB, not ROTJ or TFA. I might be wrong, though.

Honestly Plo Koon > Mother Talzin may not be that bad considering from their point of view Talzin's more of what the Forcecast would call a "support" role in the Force.

But yeah, I don't see Plo Koon contending with Sidious the way Talzin did lol.

Too bad her fight with Mace was mostly offscreen. Frackin Jar Jar ruined it again. Would've been nice to finally see Mace with an accurate portrayal of Vaapad since ROTS had Ian holding the fights speed back although I don't blame him.

Regardless, it would've been nice to see Mother Talzin's abilities as a swordswoman.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by The Merchant
Head to Head says ROTJ Luke>ROTS Anakin>Vader>Yoda.

ROTJ Luke VS ROTS Anakin is one of the videos Antoine's done that I actually like.

However, ROTJ Luke being physically stronger than ROTS Anakin is nonsense and I think Anakin would take more than an 8/10 majority.

ROTS Anakin > ROTJ Vader actually makes sense.

Vader > Yoda was putting ESB-ROTJ Vader against Yoda in exile so that may make sense considering he's sorta gone mad in ESB which is probably what spending time to yourself after the order you've dedicated your life to for almost 9 centuries is destroyed. But yeah, ROTS Yoda > ROTJ Vader easily.

Lookin at you Jensaaurai.

Lord Lucien
Funny considering that, besides TFA, ANH and ESB are Lucas' least favorites. Well of course they are. He's a lousy filmmaker. He's not going to see quality when it's his own franchise hitting him in the face. He's biased toward the things he had the most creative control over, and those happened to be absolutely atrocious films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.