What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
As of 11/2/2017, the forum's rankings for its favorite two Star Wars films are:

https://i.imgur.com/kKrwNVU.png

While the list reveals favorites, it doesn't necessarily reveal the most hated.

Vote in the above poll for the your least favorite Star Wars movie.

Try to comment below on this least favorite - is it "the least best" of them all, or just awful?

Trocity
Phantom Menace is the only one that really feels like a chore sometimes when watching the films over again. It's like "okay, we have to get through this one before we start getting to the good stuff."

FreshestSlice
Nothing's worse than AotC. At least TPM had Liam Neeson.

DarthAnt66
I love all the prequels.

I'm currently working on a fan-edit, though, that combines TPM and AotC to a single 2 hr and 40 minute film.

ares834
TPM is awful. It's the only SW film I legitimately dislike on its own merits or rather lack thereof.

godemperortrump
Duel of Fates is the greatest fight in all of SW. TPM is fine

AncientPower
TPM was plain bad. But we got Darth Maul and one of the best choreographed fight scenes in living memory.

AOTC was atrocious. The pacing and length is unbelievable, and instead of getting more political scheming with Ian McDiarmid. They gave us an hour of pointless inconsequential chase scenes.

Whoever voted Rogue One needs to be 66'd.

Haschwalth
The force Awakens, aka ANH.

UCanShootMyNova
The Force Awakens. It's a completely average movie by itself. It's a disappointment as the start of the New Trilogy.

relentless1
A New Hope.

Its so dated and boring and the actors are weak except for Cushing and Ford. At least TPM had Sidious, Maul and Qui Gon and ATOC had the detective story along with a huge Jedi battle.

|King Joker|
The Phantom Menace. I can't stand the monotone voices that everyone has. Nothing about the movie is interesting.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Whoever voted Rogue One needs to be 66'd.
It's not that I dislike Rogue One. It's just I'm one of those who love all three prequels.

AncientPower
Who the fvck voted for ESB? SHOW YOURSELF!

DarthDuelist9
Least favorite: AotC.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's not that I dislike Rogue One. It's just I'm one of those who love all three prequels.

I'm no TFA hater, as you well know. But there's no way TFA > R1.

Darth Thor
TFA.

I also love all 3 prequels.

The Lucas Star Wars Saga (Episodes 1-6) are my favorite films of all time.

Enjoyed R1, but TFA was a massive disappointment. That said have high hopes for TLJ. But not looking forward to Abram's return for Ep.9.

Azronger
TFA is the worst

|King Joker|

Kurk

Zenwolf
I mean this is a first for me, but probably TFA. I still like it, though not as nearly like the rest, but pretty much what has been said nails it. That and I can't really get into anything post ROTJ, even in Legends I really only got into one comic storyline.

YousufKhan1212
Probably Ep. II, that movie can be a bit painful to go through even though I'm not a prequel hater and OT wanker. But I didn't really pay any attention to Rogue One.

Kurk
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Probably Ep. II, that movie can be a bit painful to go through even though I'm not a prequel hater and OT wanker. But I didn't really pay any attention to Rogue One. The politics of TPM don't bore you as much though?

DarthAnt66
I love the politics, tbh.

NewGuy01
>people picked 4&5

#triggered

ares834
I can see why people dislike ESB (even though those people are wrong) but ANH? It baffles me that anyone could consider that the worst SW film.

Kurk
I love the politics, tbh.

https://youtu.be/H2MvZKvodzc

https://youtu.be/B-B1sink-nY

DarthAnt66
Great scenes. thumb up

S W LeGenD
Rogue One. Thought it was totally underwhelming. TPM at least has its moments that make it an iconic film, if not a great one.

Raptor22
AoTC. I can't even watch it without fast forwarding thru a quarter of the movie. I wouldn't even put it above Caravan of Courage.

cs_zoltan
TFA is a disgrace of a movie. As much as people whine about Hollywood reboots of recent years at least those movies came up with a new plot. The total plagiarization of ANH coupled with the worst Mary Sue I ever had the misfortune to endure makes TFA one of the worst movie I ever saw.

TPM and AoTC were occasionally boring with some cringy dialogue. A way smaller offense than the above.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
I can see why people dislike ESB (even though those people are wrong) but ANH? It baffles me that anyone could consider that the worst SW film.

Did you put ANH and ESB the wrong way around?

I've never met anyone who disliked ESB. Met plenty of people who couldn't get into ANH, but I convinced them to keep watching and they liked the rest of the saga.

nfactor1995
Probably The Phantom Menace, though I don't dislike it overall and Darth Maul redeems the movie quite a bit for me. Also Liam Neesen as Qui-Gon and Ewan McGregor were amazingly cast for Jinn and Kenobi. I also don't like A New Hope.

Kurk
How could anyone dislike ANH? It's what started it all!

relentless1
Originally posted by Kurk
How could anyone dislike ANH? It's what started it all!

well thank god it got better from there eh

Raptor22
Originally posted by relentless1
A New Hope.

Its so dated and boring and the actors are weak except for Cushing and Ford. At least TPM had Sidious, Maul and Qui Gon and ATOC had the detective story along with a huge Jedi battle. I'll give u the benefit of doubt with not mentioning James Earl Jones giving one if the best voice acting performances in the history of film, since u might not be counting voice actors. But Alec Guiness, weak? Wtf.

Rebel95
I voted ANH, not because I think it's the worst Star Wars movie, but because I find it the least exciting.

Lord Lucien
I enjoy alot of the physical sets in TPM, and the comparatively limited use of CGI. It's still shit, but given those elements and a little Maul and Duel of Fates, it's superior to AotC. That movie is utter trash.

Simply "having a detective story" doesn't mean it was done well (it wasn't, it was a colossal pile of gooey tampons). The huge Jedi battle was emotionless, shoehorned, useless, fanservice--the opposite of quality. And I think people are confusing Liam Neeson with Qui-Gon Jinn. Neeson's not a perfect actor; he's fairly flat and doesn't do well with a stoic character who barely has any character written in. He's great when he's murdering people, looking threatening, or thwarting Nazis.

But Qui-Gon was a poorly written and poorly performed character. And it wasn't Neeson's fault.

relentless1
yeah Alec was a great actor no doubt I just never cared for that version of Obi Wan. I much prefer Ewans Obi especially in episode 3

McP
AotC is terribly underated imo

McGregor, McDiarmid, Lee, Morrison, Jedi Temple inside, Palpatine's political games, Battle of the Geonosis, Fett vs Kenobi. No way it's worse then Anakin's "yuppy" and a lot of Jar-Jar in E1.

And Neeson is the strongest point of TPM as well as the weakest one. We have a guy, who stole the whole movie and it's screen time. And this guy wasn't even imporatant for the Saga.

Kurk
Why do people rank AotC below TPM? Maybe it's because I haven't watched either since I was a young, adhd teenager obsessed with battle-scenes and action, but what exactly does TPM have going for it aside from Maul?

quanchi112
Originally posted by AncientPower
I'm no TFA hater, as you well know. But there's no way TFA > R1. The Force Awakens was far better than Rogue One.

TheNuisanceBird
The Force Awakens. I have two 30-45 minute videos on my YouTube channel explaining why I hated it while I'm playing Battlefront.

But yeah, I felt like while the prequels weren't perfect they at least added to the Star Wars universe and set the standards for certain things like large scale conflicts and new worlds.

TFA took away from the whole saga in general. I honestly see nothing special with Daisy Ridley's acting and feel like they misused Adam Driver.

Oh yeah, not only was Han Solo's death scene pointless and poorly executed, but we can't have Han Solo meeting Luke Skywalker ever again, or a chance to see Leia, Han, and Luke together one last time.

Plus there's endless amounts of things in TFA that doesn't make sense. The worst for me is not only having Rey fly the Falcon better the Han Solo, but have her know it better than Han Solo. This is made worse by the mind trick scene and her pulling the saber out of the snow which TLJ better explain.

About TLJ:

http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2017/11/DarkLuke.jpg

^ Note Luke is on the dark side poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBstE89j_7w

^ Wouldn't put it past them.

Kurk
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

Plus there's endless amounts of things in TFA that doesn't make sense. The worst for me is not only having Rey fly the Falcon better the Han Solo, but have her know it better than Han Solo. This is made worse by the mind trick scene and her pulling the saber out of the snow which TLJ better explain.

And that right there just swayed my vote to TFA being the single worst Star Wars movie.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

It makes sense tbh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

carthage
Attack of the Clones

Big Gerald
Rogue One is objectively superior to TFA. It had a more original and less idiotic plot.

Rogue One will go down as one of the better Star Wars films.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Big Gerald
Rogue One is objectively superior to TFA. It had a more original and less idiotic plot.

Rogue One will go down as one of the better Star Wars films. Your opinion isn't objective by any stretch of your feeble imagination.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
thumb up It should have been the New Republic vs First Order.

Zenwolf
Another one is Luke not helping out his friends at all...because it's not like he hasn't risked his very life for them or anything multiple times, even when he was being hunted down.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your opinion isn't objective by any stretch of your feeble imagination.

My friend, there is no need to be defensive. Sometimes people are entertained by rampant bad writing, such as that of JJ Abrams's fanfiction, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Darth Thor

JKBart
ANH

Big Gerald
The Resistance is a splinter faction since the New Republic was inexplicably nonchalante about the First Order's activities.

Zenwolf
@ Thor I suppose, just hope it's nothing dumb.

deathslash
It really hard for me to choose between TFM and AotC.

One had a super boring, horrible plot with a bunch a people that were half assing it in addition to giving us midichloreans, jar jar binks, ham fisting too many characters in, and setting up one of the soon to be worst acted romances ever. With that said, it introduced a cool character, probably the best choreographed fight scene in SW, and gave obi wan respect.

The other, had an equally terrible plot, too much damn CGI, horrible pacing, a terrible romance, and was generally dull. It did give us Sam Jackson in space, dooku, and mango fett though.

Kurk
Originally posted by deathslash
It really hard for me to choose between TFM and AotC.

One had a super boring, horrible plot with a bunch a people that were half assing it in addition to giving us midichloreans, jar jar binks, ham fisting too many characters in, and setting up one of the soon to be worst acted romances ever. With that said, it introduced a cool character, probably the best choreographed fight scene in SW, and gave obi wan respect.

The other, had an equally terrible plot, too much damn CGI, horrible pacing, a terrible romance, and was generally dull. It did give us Sam Jackson in space, dooku, and mango fett though. But it gave us death sticks and sand smile

quanchi112
My friend, there is no need to be defensive. Sometimes people are entertained by rampant bad writing, such as that of JJ Abrams's fanfiction, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Well it made over 2 billion so I'm sure Disney is so upset they gave Abrams the opportunity for the redo in episode nine. laughing out loud

Far greater than Rogue One.

ziggtard
Originally posted by deathslash
It really hard for me to choose between TFM

TUH FANTUM MENUCE

The Lost

Rogue One will go down as one of the better Star Wars films.

Why do people like you think using the term "objective/objectively" adds potency to your perspective on the "superiority" of films/games/etc?

It's subjective. Period.

Big Gerald
Well it made over 2 billion so I'm sure Disney is so upset they gave Abrams the opportunity for the redo in episode nine. laughing out loud

Far greater than Rogue One.

Quanchi one-hundred twelve, my friend, JJ Abrams could have defecated into a lightbulb (which is not very far removed from what he did!) and the film would have enjoyed similar box office performance. Disney saw that Star Wars non-fans would eat up a piece for piece rehash of a past film and decided to double up on the formula.

Rogue One was a fresh adventure full of wholesome characters, excellent action sequences, and clever writing. If not for one unfortunate Darth Vader pun, we would be talking about it on the level of cinematic greats like Citizen Kane, The Godfather, and Bruce Almighty.

Kurk

quanchi112
Quanchi one-hundred twelve, my friend, JJ Abrams could have defecated into a lightbulb (which is not very far removed from what he did!) and the film would have enjoyed similar box office performance. Disney saw that Star Wars non-fans would eat up a piece for piece rehash of a past film and decided to double up on the formula.

Rogue One was a fresh adventure full of wholesome characters, excellent action sequences, and clever writing. If not for one unfortunate Darth Vader pun, we would be talking about it on the level of cinematic greats like Citizen Kane, The Godfather, and Bruce Almighty. So you admit it was a success but guess what didn't make as much your Rogue One. That was Star Wars and it wasn't close. Objectively speaking you're retarded and sensitive.

Your opinion is shit. The characters were pure shit compared to the gems we got from Force Awakens. Cry in your cornflakes.

godemperortrump
Good to see TFA getting some hate

Big Gerald
So you admit it was a success but guess what didn't make as much your Rogue One. That was Star Wars and it wasn't close. Objectively speaking you're retarded and sensitive.

Your opinion is shit. The characters were pure shit compared to the gems we got from Force Awakens. Cry in your cornflakes.

My dear friend, you seem upset, resorting to so many childlike remarks. Must we continue to jump through hoops to come to the truth? Very well, then.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens was not only the first live action Star Wars release in a decade, but it was a more major title that brought back all of the characters of past. Obviously more people will view it based on that alone. Moreover, the characters were anything but "gems": we have underdeveloped Mary Sues, a vague and generic villain, and Captain "garbage day" Phasma. I hope in time you will come to realize your ignorance, and at that time, I will gladly accept your apology for being incorrect about this matter. Thank you.

quanchi112
My dear friend, you seem upset, resorting to so many childlike remarks. Must we continue to jump through hoops to come to the truth? Very well, then.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens was not only the first live action Star Wars release in a decade, but it was a more major title that brought back all of the characters of past. Obviously more people will view it based on that alone. Moreover, the characters were anything but "gems": we have underdeveloped Mary Sues, a vague and generic villain, and Captain "garbage day" Phasma. I hope in time you will come to realize your ignorance, and at that time, I will gladly accept your apology for being incorrect about this matter. Thank you. Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well. It didn't get poor reviews either. It outperformed Rogue One despite the built in fanbase. Snoke, Kylo were superior villains to Krennic and Tarkin. Rey and Finn were also more likeable than the Rogue one shit bags. It was set in a differ t tone but it wasn't a better movie. You can pretend you matter but in the end we both know you don't, little G.

Zenwolf
Part of me thinks you're just not being genuine about this, you'll understand because for the most part it has been namely Force Users with everyone else. But I mean, it took a movie for some to realize this?

Revanchiste
You know in defense of episode II. Episode V had a lot, a lot, but a hsit loa dof waiting boring moments..... And GL kinda speed-up the interaction between solo and Leila....
Mean with a good dark ending, few less awsome actions scenes and anakin and padme scenes...

I mean in every sub plot of episode V the pacing is just errff so slow....
Everybody have a good memroies of it for the ending... But I will garantee you, what the prequel had bad, the original already have it, it already had plot holes bad dialogues needless references, and bad acting wasn't that rare due to the "natural perfomances" of the actors....
Yess you kinda loose stuff in teh prequels, the alkc of true great moments, but original trilogy great moment haven't aged well, it is not just graphic effects, it plots way of acting etc... This stuff haven't really aged well in my opinion, prequel had enetrtainement value, it deepen the humor and the action scenes....
And if by comparason prequel great moment (episode I final excluded) make a big flop compared to the original, the great moment and scenes from the original trilogy don't mean a lot in today fimique contexte, they do'nt even make sens anymore.
The only one that stand out is episode I final.

To me the force awaken is truly the worse because it really betray the idea behind star wars as whole (not just the original trilogy....), plus make ray O.P so they won't have to devlopp her character during the two next movies is juuuuuuust waoo....

relentless1
Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well. It didn't get poor reviews either. It outperformed Rogue One despite the built in fanbase. Snoke, Kylo were superior villains to Krennic and Tarkin. Rey and Finn were also more likeable than the Rogue one shit bags. It was set in a differ t tone but it wasn't a better movie. You can pretend you matter but in the end we both know you don't, little G.

the first part of what you said is undisputed; theres records of critical ratings as well as box office returns but now you are throwing your opinion in on which characters are more engaging than others... careful or you may be branded a hypocrite... remember that is just your opinion and opinions vary friend

Darth Thor
Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well.

The box office doesn't mean the movie was better than Avengers and worse than Avatar Lol. Brand names matter. The Star Wars brand was always huge. It was only going to get bigger under the Disney banner.

Critics weren't divisive on the film but fans were. This forum just gives a small taste of that.

Abrams should have stuck to Star Trek. His talents at modernising and rebooting were more suited there. But he simply lacks the creative flare for Star Wars IMO. It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9.
Agreed, but he's the lesser of two evils (vs Trevorrow).

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
the first part of what you said is undisputed; theres records of critical ratings as well as box office returns but now you are throwing your opinion in on which characters are more engaging than others... careful or you may be branded a hypocrite... remember that is just your opinion and opinions vary friend He gave his opinion I have mine. I tossed in objective results to piss all over his excuses. The characters of Force Awakens will be far more memorable than Rogue One in ten years time. Do you agree ?

quanchi112
The box office doesn't mean the movie was better than Avengers and worse than Avatar Lol. Brand names matter. The Star Wars brand was always huge. It was only going to get bigger under the Disney banner.

Critics weren't divisive on the film but fans were. This forum just gives a small taste of that.

Abrams should have stuck to Star Trek. His talents at modernising and rebooting were more suited there. But he simply lacks the creative flare for Star Wars IMO. It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9. It means it did objectively far better than Rogue One. He's free to have his poor taste as are you who also despised the villains from Force Awakens. 2 billion dollars doesn't scream divisive.

He's fine for Star Wars. He had a lot to pull off with the legacy characters returning and adding the newer ones to the mix. He gets to conclude what he started.

Darth Thor
2 billion dollars doesn't scream divisive.

So? Phantom Menace made almost a Billion Dollars almost 20 years ago without 3d and without China. And that movie was definitely divisive.

Heck Avatar is divisive and that came close to the $3billion mark.

He's fine for Star Wars.

Nah. I saw Star Trek 2009 and Force Awakens back to back on the plane. Star Trek 09 is a far superior film. It's not even close.

quanchi112
So? Phantom Menace made almost a Billion Dollars almost 20 years ago without 3d and without China. And that movie was definitely divisive.

Heck Avatar is divisive and that came close to the $3billion mark.

Nah. I saw Star Trek 2009 and Force Awakens back to back on the plane. Star Trek 09 is a far superior film. It's not even close. Films that make that much aren't divisive. The haters just scream to the heavens.

I never said either Star Trek film was lesser in quality to Force Awakens but that isn't the topic. You try to change the topic in every thread you post. Force Awakens was better than Rogue One as were both Abrams Star Trek's.

Trocity
Films that make that much aren't divisive. The haters just scream to the heavens.

You really believe a movie can make tons of money and there's no way it'll be divisive? erm

Movies can get hyped to high hell and people will flock even if it doesn't end up delivering....

Batman v Superman grossed almost 1 billion at the box office, you think this is a good film then? Everyone loved it?

Darth Thor
Everyone likes/loves Avatar.

Fact.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
You really believe a movie can make tons of money and there's no way it'll be divisive? erm

Movies can get hyped to high hell and people will flock even if it doesn't end up delivering....

Batman v Superman grossed almost 1 billion at the box office, you think this is a good film then? Everyone loved it? Not making a billion and being poorly reviewed and making over double that while being critically acclaimed is entirely different. Two DC icons failing to make a billion showed us how divisive the film was. It fell below expectations.

You can say this about any film since opinions vary. Star Wars Force Awakens isn't a divisive film. It didn't fall below expectations either.

Darth Thor
Two DC icons failing to make a billion showed us how divisive the film was.

Star Wars is bigger than the whole Justice League combined. And that was when Lucasfilm was an independent company.

You think the Disney Bane has zero effect as well?

quanchi112
Star Wars is bigger than the whole Justice League combined. And that was when Lucasfilm was an independent company.

You think the Disney Bane has zero effect as well? I agree it is bigger but it's still falling below expectations so my point doesn't magically go away.

What do you mean by Disney bane ?

Darth Thor
I agree it is bigger but it's still falling below expectations so my point doesn't magically go away.

What do you mean by Disney bane ?

Meant the Disney "Banner".

To each his own. I just find there's much more divisiveness over TFA out there than things like Lord of the Rings or Avengers1.

It might only be like 30% of audiences, but I feel it's definitely a significant number and rising.

quanchi112
Meant the Disney "Banner".

To each his own. I just find there's much more divisiveness over TFA out there than things like Lord of the Rings or Avengers1.

It might only be like 30% of audiences, but I feel it's definitely a significant number and rising. I didn't feel the Force Awakens lived up to my expectations either but it is the third best Star Wars film to me and gave me Snoke and Kylo. I just don't see people hating it like they do with the prequels while Rots is my favorite Star Wars film to date.

Darth Thor

Zenwolf
Haters are always louder than the fans.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Except the fan base for Star Wars is wayyyy bigger than the traditional the Star Trek fan base.

And with TFA in particular the flaws come across to the fans more because they just think about the story more, whereas a lot of your general audience just switches off their brain when watching something like Star Wars.

quanchi112
Except the fan base for Star Wars is wayyyy bigger than the traditional the Star Trek fan base.

And with TFA in particular the flaws come across to the fans more because they just think about the story more, whereas a lot of your general audience just switches off their brain when watching something like Star Wars. My point is a small percentage of a base voted it the worst. That doesn't represent the majority of that fanbase. I am telling you how a small percentage can stain the overall public perception.

People had their problems with Force Awakens but the majority didn't hate it. Did you hate it ?

S W LeGenD
To be honest I think it's more that some have misplaced priorities than higher standards. The Force Awakens had a lot of problems if you just look at the story on paper, but the atmosphere and tone of the movie was pretty much perfect and exactly what you would want for a SW movie.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

Darth Thor

quanchi112

DarthAnt66
Nah, the TFA hate is just as strong as the PT hate, at least based on my school and social media.

The fans who grew up on the OT hated the PT; the fans who grew up on the PT hated the ST.

Darth Thor

Zenwolf
Nah, the TFA hate is just as strong as the PT hate, at least based on my school and social media.

The fans who grew up on the OT hated the PT; the fans who grew up on the PT hated the ST.

Hmm...but I grew up on the former 2 and while I don't hate the ST, I'm more indifferent to it.

DarthAnt66
thumb up @ Thor. The idea that TFA is a PC copy of ANH, although untrue, has really become mainstream. I constantly see popular Star Wars accounts and my casual Star Wars friends at school bash it.

|King Joker|

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Darth Thor

quanchi112

The fans who grew up on the OT hated the PT; the fans who grew up on the PT hated the ST. Making fun of them and hating them are different to me. Do the kids at your school hate the film ?

quanchi112

Zenwolf
This inability to quote properly is getting on my nerves...

@ Thor, true. It could swing in any direction at this point.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

quanchi112

Darth Thor

The_Tempest
TFA.

I wouldn't have minded an actual reboot, but to regurgitate ANH so shamelessly and repackage it as a "continuation" or "the next chapter" is such a colossal letdown.

I disliked virtually everything about it. Hopefully TLJ will wring something memorable from it.

quanchi112

Revanchiste
Wao I sneak pass this storm? I am proud of myself !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.