If you could add a power to any character what power would it be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
What power would you add and what character

ghostman
energy negation to superman

Steve Zodiac
Power Cosmic to Superman.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Flying to Shadowcat

TethAdamTheRock
Teleporting to batman

tkitna
Superman - the ability to be interesting

deathslash
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Power Cosmic to Superman. it would only make him weaker.
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Flying to Shadowcat she can already do that.
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Teleporting to batman he already does that.
Originally posted by tkitna
Superman - the ability to be interesting impossible. Wishful thinking though.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Ohh, bittersweet tears. I love it.

DarkSaint85
Flight to Hulk.

Stoic
The power of purpose to Wonder Man, and near light running speeds. Oh, and while we're at it, might as well give him concussive hand blasts. Copy and paste all of the above onto Colossus.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Flight to Hulk.

Actually I like the fact that he can fly, this would make him too generic. Hulk with a mental assault/onslaught to the surrounding beings that gets more powerful with rage would be nice.

Stoic
Give Captain America the Starbrand already.

TethAdamTheRock
Lobo flight

Shabazz916
Wolverine Healing factor to black panther

Damborgson
Consistent, indisputable high end Super Speed to Thors combat speed.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wolverine Healing factor to black panther Black Panther already has a vibranium suit

RealityWarper

Shabazz916
Black Panther already has a vibranium suit AND ?????? id rather give him that than a powerful ranged attack.

zopzop
Teleporting to batman
This would be so awesome without being too overpowered.

h1a8
Flash like speed to Thor. That would be so unfair though.

Long ranged light speedattack for WW (like potent energy blasts or hv)

Flight or teleportation for Hulk (to combat bfr).

Magic power (strange or fate) to Superman.

High level tp for Superman.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
Consistent, indisputable high end Super Speed to Thors combat speed. I never got this. Why? It wouldn't be Thor anymore. It's like wanting for Superman to be able to manipulate energy just because it would be easier to argue for him against characters; would completely ruin him. As would Hulk flying, or super speed. I see some wanting TP or magic-power to Superman and whatnot.

Meh.

Like, for example, I'd extend Thor's weather stuff - being able to make lightning/storms inside people's bodies and whatnot. It's improving his finesse, without putting supplementary powers on his already ridiculous list of abilities. I don't want to see him act like Quicksilver. Imagine Hercules getting into footraces, that -- doesn't seem like him?

TethAdamTheRock
Because without speed, thors fights with gladiator or hyperion should be onesided

celeyhyga17
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jcu7Rdm_reA/VUFlgs_JuNI/AAAAAAALN4s/AgKCMjbapbs/s1600/p10_5%2Bcopy.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OmheaLNoMuw/VUFlhvn3fpI/AAAAAAALN5A/iArozu1hBB4/s1600/p10_6%2Bcopy.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
I would make king thor normal thor

GalacticStorm
Storm - The ability to transform her body into the elements she manipulates e.g lightning for increased travel speed, air currents to bolster her resistance to attacks and allow her to infiltrate places she couldn't normally etc

Be good to see her explore her mystical potential as well.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Flash like speed to Thor. That would be so unfair though.

Long ranged light speedattack for WW (like potent energy blasts or hv)

Flight or teleportation for Hulk (to combat bfr).

Magic power (strange or fate) to Superman.

High level tp for Superman.

Wonder Woman already have long range fast attacks. She is just afraid of using it...

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111193100/5310861-5310834-0188431174-justl.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Storm - The ability to transform her body into the elements she manipulates e.g lightning for increased travel speed, air currents to bolster her resistance to attacks and allow her to infiltrate places she couldn't normally etc

Be good to see her explore her mystical potential as well.

I like this.

cdtm
Superman: The power to lose once in awhile.

It's not easy being the most powerful character of all time, across any fictional or non fictional plane of existence, across the entire multiverse, omniverse, metarealities both concieved, unconcieved, ill concieved .

By Vsbattles standards, true 0 omnipotence simply isn't good enough to discribe his vastness.

So yeah, the power to not be so damned awesome.

TethAdamTheRock

Be good to see her explore her mystical potential as well. This is probably the best one.

Like ice man

wannabe
That's a really good one GS.
Does anyone remember a late 90s or early 2000s issue in which multiple futures of the x-men were shown (NOT a "what if" story!)? In one of these futures Ororo actually realized her full potential and ascended to a pure elemental energy being.

Now that i mention it - tomorrow i'll have to dive into my collection and find that mentioned issue.

Shabazz916
Invisibility to hulk

Shabazz916
Wolverines healing factor to magneto

LordofBrooklyn
Cable- The ability to spread the techno-organic virus.

krisblaze
Brains and creativity - to just about anyone character, especially the lanterns.

riv6672
I think giving Black Bolt's hypersonic voice to Dazzler would be pretty interesting.

playa1258
High level psychic/psionics to Superman.

darthgoober
Photographic reflexes for Captain America. He doesn't really NEED them, but it just makes sense that he would have them because of his peak human brain and coordination.

Flyattractor
Little Jimmy with the power of actual Human Height.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jcu7Rdm_reA/VUFlgs_JuNI/AAAAAAALN4s/AgKCMjbapbs/s1600/p10_5%2Bcopy.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OmheaLNoMuw/VUFlhvn3fpI/AAAAAAALN5A/iArozu1hBB4/s1600/p10_6%2Bcopy.jpg

I miss Classic Thor. That scene is almost poetic. Classic Thor beating a future version who is Unworthy and corrupted from the inside by outside forces.

Thor summoning a Storm inside an opponent is OP AF. Even another God of Thunder (Who survives unharmed!).

cdtm
Son Goku: The power not to suck.

$on OF krypton
power of the motherboxes to superman..it seems a little overboard though and lifting strength of a base level hulk<100 tons> to blackpanther

Mindship
Superman: healing touch.

Surfer: doesn't fall when knocked off board.

Enzeru
Teleportation to Deadpool:

I think it would be interesting to have a character, who can regenerate from pretty much anything and is basically immortal, be able to teleport on top of that. That way he could continue to regenerate from anything, but he couldn't be captured and held captive anymore. He could teleport out of everything and could teleport to every location. Seems overpowered though. Not in a comic book universe necessarily, since he had his teleportation belt... but as the only super-powered character in a universe it would be over the top.

Darkness manipulation to Moon Knight:

At first I thought about giving it to Batman, because it would be more fitting... but that would take away from Batman as a character, who is a rich guy with plenty of fancy gadgets. Super powers aren't his thing.
Moon Knight however does have slight super power, when there is a full Moon. And if he was able to manipulate darkness and form it into constructs... or travel through shadows and so on... you could create visually appealing images with all the black darkness and Moon Knights white suit. He could also form his alternate personalities and even Khonshu as constructs to help him fight and so on.

Healing abilities to Superman:

Superman kinda has more of destructive abilities if you think about it. Sure, you can use them to do good in certain situations, but with a healing touch (like Mindset suggested it), you would immediately gain access to plenty new stories with Superman. Even darker stories, where people did dangerous things just to get him to heal their family members and so on.

Weapon summoning to Ares :

Mainy him summoning all kinds of various weapons. That's the first thing I would do for Ares as a writer. I don't want him to just have a sword and an axe. I want him to have access to all kinds of regular and mythological weapons. He would just summon them out of thin air, grab them and go ham on his opponents.
I think he is somewhat capable of doing that already, but that magical ability of his is kinda limited... while I would want it to be a core part of his character. Maybe even give him the ability to move those weapons with his mind. So you would have this brawling character, who is surrounded by a field of spiky weapons running through hordes of demons and slashing them apart.

Superjump to Wolverine:

Let him do his own canonball special without the starting help of heavy hitters.

wannabe
How about Colossus being able to (at least for short periods of time) turn into various other metal forms:

a) an adamantium form for even higher levels of durability and strength
b) a vibranium form for energy absorption
c) a mercury form for infiltration
d) a uranium form for energy blasting

Damborgson

JayDaDon
Superman; the power to stand up to a significant other.

riv6672
Ben Grimm gets access to The Speed Force. New moniker...

https://i.imgflip.com/277day.jpg
BOULDER DASH

TethAdamTheRock
Ben Grimm: The ability to turn human.

cdtm
A serious answer:

Batman learns some space karate.

And it's retroactive, explaining everything from the Batkick to tanking Darkseid.

Magnon
In the same vein...

Captain America revealed to have a literal jobber aura, explaining why he has defeated over the years opponents he has no business defeating.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
Ben Grimm gets access to The Speed Force. New moniker...

https://i.imgflip.com/277day.jpg
BOULDER DASH I would actually like to see this, even if a limited run. Truly, the moniker is too good to only see in a forum.

cdtm
I second this.

Someone write a letter to Priest. Bet he'd do it.

Supermutant
Take away Bane's tubes and give him armor similar to Arkham War arc. More focus on skills.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
I would actually like to see this, even if a limited run. Truly, the moniker is too good to only see in a forum.

Originally posted by cdtm
I second this.

Someone write a letter to Priest. Bet he'd do it.
ha, you guys are awesome. big grin

StyleTime
Not exactly a powerup, but I think this fits.

I would add some clarity to Selene, especially her magic. We know she's a candidate for Sorcerer Supreme and see impressive displays here and there, but it'd be nice to flesh it out some more. You can still keep the mysterious angle while giving her a clearer identity power-wise. She's lived for millenia, so it won't be out of the blue if she surprises readers will some unknown power down the road.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by deathslash
Flying to Shadowcat
she can already do that.

Since when?

deathslash
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Since when? her power is the manipulation of her atoms. I remember that as far back as when Warpath was first introduced, she could manipulate her density so that she could float.

Bentley
Batman: gets more powerful and richer the more people Joker kills

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by deathslash
her power is the manipulation of her atoms. I remember that as far back as when Warpath was first introduced, she could manipulate her density so that she could float.

I totally missed that. Can she actually fly around like Torch, Angel, etc?

Is this her floating?

http://s24195.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Hunt-For-Wolverine-2018-001-032.jpg

BrolyBlack
Reading comprehension to Carver

Bentley
Originally posted by Bentley
Batman: gets more powerful and richer the more people Joker kills

Had to bump this roast.

Insane Titan
Thanos to expand upon has occult/dark arts and actually use magic. Sort of like how Dr Doom does it.

Quick Freeze
Batman telekinesis

One Big Mob
Full scale Franklin Richards level reality manipulation to Wolverine

MrMind
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Full scale Franklin Richards level reality manipulation to Wolverine

stilt might die from ejaculation

Stoic
Wonder Man - Super Speed, Energy blasts.
Batman - Class 10 strength, and the attributes of that strength class.
Colossus - Magnetic Powers that allow him flight, durability and strength buffs.
Hulk - Flight.
Captain America - The Starbrand. Steve's an artist, it could be very interesting.

carver9
Colossus - Adamantium skin
Wolverine - super speed
Spiderman - 80 tonner
Hulk - teleportation (or consistent super speed)
Superman - personality

8swords
immunity to SJW to all characters

edit:

spiderman - that retractable claw/spike he used to kill morlun

Stoic
Originally posted by 8swords
immunity to SJW to all characters

edit:

spiderman - that retractable claw/spike he used to kill morlun

Here's the problem with that train of thought.

Subject: Superman.

I'll name as many characters that I feel will show you that they will never stop emulating pre existing characters.

Superman Clones: Gladiator, Wonder Man, Hulk, Supreme, DBZ characters, Mon El, Silver Surfer, Icon, Zod, Luke Cage, Blue Marvel, Majestros, Starbrand, Super Girl, Colossus, Shazam, Black Adam, etc... I could go on, but the point that I'm trying to make here is that the vast majority of super comic book characters are actually just another take on Superman. It will never stop. You see it as being SJW only now? It's been going on for longer than either of us have been alive.

Adam Grimes
Superman: the ability to bring back people to life. He won't have to feel remorse after accidentally one-shot splattering Hulk.

BestEverNoob
MCU Thor: Airbending (admittedly, he does make a tornado in the mcu. Once. In the first Thor film. BRING IT BACK)
MCU Hulk: Healing factor
Wonder Woman: Healing abilities
Black Widow: Invisibility

Booya_69
Hulk- ability to release destructive gamma energy from his body/gamma blasts from thunderclaps.

Juggernaut- super speed.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't think Superman is powerful enough, so I would add someway for him to get as powerful as the plot needed like dimensional suns as a plot device. shifty He could beat anyone then!

cdtm
Duplicate Boy.

At the end of the Pre Crisis era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.