Metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
anyone enjoying this? snyder is undoubtedly one of my fave writers, but....i'm not really all-in with this thing yet. haven't read all the current tie-ins but it's not really dragging me in, or getting me excited to read them. maybe it gets better? /shrug

abhilegend
I'm loving it. It's totally nonsensical and revels in it.

leonidas
read a couple more issues today. i am starting to get into it. just hard to see all these alternate batmen as being....multiversal level threats? some of them are cool, no doubt, it just seems odd to me, and the weird metal just doesn't FEEL like a huge threat. /shrug

Zack M
The Dark Knights aren't Multiversal, but Barbatos probably is.

leonidas
hypertime was shown on panel. i officially LOVE this series. thumb up

AlmightyKfish
I love how completely mental this series has been.

I mean beyond all the references to his own run, Snyder is using all the crazy Morrison stuff from before the N52, Challengers of the unknown, Detective Chimp and next issue Dream seems to have a big role to play (which makes sense given the Dark Multiverse is a load of nightmares made into universes or whatnot).

It's like the least street level, dark and gritty Batman story ever and it's great.

leonidas
yeah, took me a while to warm up to it, but i'm really enjoying it too. lol i love snyder so i'm glad this is working itself out. hope the end doesn't disappoint.

AlmightyKfish
So err, today's issue was full on madness once again.

It was great. Did not expect a certain telepathic starfish to appear, but clearly in this series anything can happen.

MrMind
I do not like the fact that BA one shotted Dr Fate
but its fun to see Dream of the Endless explains of Dark Multiverse, Barbatos seems pretty uber with burning stories and all, reminds me of mandrakk

Zack M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

It was great. Did not expect a certain telepathic starfish to appear, but clearly in this series anything can happen.

Starro was also called the most powerful telepath in the universe and he doesn't need his mini starfish to control people, anymore.

I was also surprised to see Onimar Synn.

leonidas
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

yeah lol that was my fave issue so far. starro, onimar sunn and dream! no wonder i love synder.

can't wait to see diana beat the holy f*** out of adam...

leonidas
i really dislike the hawkman part of the metal story. honestly it just seem to fit. he's portrayed as this guy who has always tried to solve mysteries, but....that isn't hawkman. at least not the hawkman i'm familiar with. it feels forced and...pointless to me. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.