The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Disney has had talks on and off about acquiring 20th Century Fox and 21st Century Fox...

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/11/06/disney-fox-star-wars-marvel

playa1258
If the deal goes through 21st Century Fox would probably need some independence clause so anti-trust laws don't get triggered.

Like what WB does with New Line.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Make mine Marvel.

carthage
Deal is dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

Darth Thor
Screw Fox.

Silver Surfer never coming home sad

TheVaultDweller
I can understand Fox wanting to hang onto the X-Men stuff, because they make a lot of money from it, and actually produce some good things (Deadpool, Logan, Legion etc.) on occasion. But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

It's not just the bad F4 films (which does annoy me). But it's just hanging on to Silver Surfer and Galactus for so many decades and doing squat with them. That just infuriates me. Like literally someone at Fox ought to be shot for that.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

Darth Thor
Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

I know just saying, because Surfer should be with Marvel. And it's not like Fox are even giving us a shitty Surfer. They're doing squat with him. One attempt 10 years ago, and nothing since then.

Also IIRC Marvel tried to make a deal with them years ago when they were about to lose the Daredevil rights, that Fox can keep Daredevil if they give Marvel Galactus and the Silver Surfer. But Fox refused.

So they know Marvel want those characters, but are just holding onto to them out of spite.

Ursumeles
I don't care for the F4, and a teamup of X-Men and Avengers would probably to big for one movie, but I want Galactus and Surfer ffs

Ridley_Prime

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Deal is dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

in the words of Vader...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Inhuman
One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows and also merchandise.
Somehow Marvel/Disney allowed Fox to make Xmen tv shows now.
Fox had to give up something for that, since that alone is pretty big for Disney to give up and get nothing in return.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Inhuman
One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows

Do you know that for sure?

I was under the impression both companies were needed. Something like Marvel had Tv rights, but Fox had Live action rights, so it could only be done by a collaboration between the 2 companies.

Inhuman
In order for Fox to be able to make a TV show about the X-Men they had to get Marvel's permission for Marvel to write it off in order for them to be able to do it.

We know that X-Men now has a TV series with Legion and whatever else they are going to released. And we know these kind of agreements or deals are not one-sided. One party get something and the other one gets something in return.

Darth Thor
^ Ah right I thought it was some sort of joint venture, given all the Marvel Tv producer names involved.

Kazenji
Reading the deal hasn't been abandoned just yet.

carthage
Great news we get to see the Xmen make funny sarcastic quips and Wolverine will have Baby Groot dance on his shoulder!

Darth Thor
Yeah much better we keep getting crap like Apocalypse.

carthage
It wasn't even that bad of a film

Much better than unmemorable horseshit like the Two previous Thor films

Kazenji
At least the first Thor movie at least resemble something from the comics, Unlike the shitfest Apocalypse was.

carthage
As if I give a **** about whether or not it's close the comics

The first Thor had forgettable characters, generic MCU yucks, and a tin man as a villain. What boring shit

Kazenji

That explains alot

slap alot of shit together while ignoring the comics and see what works, Should get a job at Fox Studio's then.

carthage
The general audience doesn't care about if it follows the comics
Only 35 year old Neckbeards with 20 shelves filled with Marvel TPbs do and they don't even make up .00001% of the general audience

Ridley_Prime

carthage
As if the MCU is capable of generating anything as groundbreaking as Legion or as critically acclaimed as Logan. They make solid films but lets make no mistake the MCU isn't some bastion of creative freedom. At least FOX is willing to play with multiple genres and makes R rated films, and doesn't solely cater to 14 year olds

quanchi112
As if the MCU is capable of generating anything as groundbreaking as Legion or as critically acclaimed as Logan. They make solid films but lets make no mistake the MCU isn't some bastion of creative freedom. At least FOX is willing to play with multiple genres and makes R rated films, and doesn't solely cater to 14 year olds I don't give a crap what you think. Marvel studios puts out the best comic book films period. If you disagree support fox. Marvel is objectively lapping the field so cry on the losers bench.

carthage
^ Case in point mad 35 year old Neckbeard

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Anyway I hope this deal tanks, mega corporations absorbing more and more of Hollywood under their money-making umbrellas is not good for creativity, it restricts it.

quanchi112
^ Case in point mad 35 year old Neckbeard So you're upset marvel studios is winning and that fox is objectively getting destroyed. Reality is amazing at times. laughing out loud

Darth Thor

The first Thor had forgettable characters, generic MCU yucks, and a tin man as a villain. What boring shit

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_apocalypse/

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Are you going to cry, Carthage ? Objective reality keeps punching you in the face.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Kenneth Branagh says how Thor1 was the make or break moment for the MCU Phase I:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kenneth-branagh-remembers-his-thor-as-a-make-or-break-1820360257/amp

It clearly worked.

Kazenji

, and a tin man as a villain.

Maybe because that's pretty much what The Destroyer is, An Asgardian armor brought to life by magic

but do keep continue being ignorant.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kenneth Branagh says how Thor1 was the make or break moment for the MCU Phase I:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kenneth-branagh-remembers-his-thor-as-a-make-or-break-1820360257/amp

It clearly worked.

People don't give Thor nearly enough credit, imo. It has its downsides, and the Earth stuff isn't always great, but it did something amazing when it made it make sense that this Thor could exist in the same multiverse as Iron Man. It was a huge accomplishment, and it was the best bit of world-building done until what, GOTG?

carthage
Originally posted by Kazenji
Maybe because that's pretty much what The Destroyer is, An Asgardian armor brought to life by magic

but do keep continue being ignorant.

And he sucked, like 90% of the MCU villains prior to Hela, Kingpin, Alexandra, and Winter Soldier. You want me to give him an excuse just because you feel good about a mediocre movie laughing out loud

When the MCU make something as impacting as Logan, 🤙

quanchi112
And he sucked, like 90% of the MCU villains prior to Hela, Kingpin, Alexandra, and Winter Soldier. You want me to give him an excuse just because you feel good about a mediocre movie laughing out loud

When the MCU make something as impacting as Logan, 🤙 You want to talk about villains and then bring up Logan. laughing out loud

Your opinion doesn't matter. Logan villains. laughing out loud

Kazenji

Then tell me how exactly an animated suit of armor should've behave then if you're such an expert then?

don't know about you, It did exactly what it was suppose to do imo.

-Pr-
The Destroyer was a henchman, not a villain...

Darth Thor
The general audience doesn't care about if it follows the comics
Only 35 year old Neckbeards with 20 shelves filled with Marvel TPbs do and they don't even make up .00001% of the general audience

Lol and yet audiences show up in droves to MCU movies. Not so much with Fox ones, despite Fox having a 10year head start on the MCU.

In fact their biggest hit by far was when they got the look, costume and characterisation closest to the comics with Deadpool.

So your point sucks (as usual).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
People don't give Thor nearly enough credit, imo. It has its downsides, and the Earth stuff isn't always great, but it did something amazing when it made it make sense that this Thor could exist in the same multiverse as Iron Man. It was a huge accomplishment, and it was the best bit of world-building done until what, GOTG?

Yep.

The achievement of that film is really under appreciated.

carthage
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol and yet audiences show up in droves to MCU movies. Not so much with Fox ones, despite Fox having a 10year head start on the MCU.

In fact their biggest hit by far was when they got the look, costume and characterisation closest to the comics with Deadpool.

So your point sucks (as usual).

It's like you missed the point where I said the MCU films were successful regardless, and even said they were solid movies try keeping up retard. I said they were bland as shit and not particularly creative, and again more irrelevant shit about "following the comics"- literally no one cares about that outside of forum denizens and comic geeks

quanchi112
It's like you missed the point where I said the MCU films were successful regardless, and even said they were solid movies try keeping up retard. I said they were bland as shit and not particularly creative, and again more irrelevant shit about "following the comics"- literally no one cares about that outside of forum denizens and comic geeks This is your opinion and also not a popular one. Marvel films are more popular and make more money. Keep crying about objective reality you piece of dumb fox loving shit.

carthage
Yes, Quan I know you ride Bob Iger's cock furiously

quanchi112
Yes, Quan I know you ride Bob Iger's cock furiously You are upset over reality proving marvel studios to be at the top of the mountain. Losers cry about their feelings winners go out and slay all who stand in their path.

carthage
Ok I was wrong you take it from Kevin Feige and Bob at once without lube

quanchi112
Ok I was wrong you take it from Kevin Feige and Bob at once without lube I already told you in the other thread who I give it to. Disney might but the properties so it shows which one is obviously more powerful in real life as well as the big screen.

carthage
Glad to know you're a company man to the end
Originality be damned, so how deep can you take that Baby Groot strap on from your husband?

quanchi112
Glad to know you're a company man to the end
Originality be damned, so how deep can you take that Baby Groot strap on from your husband? Marvel studios is the original studio who successfully achieved a cinematic universe you nitwit. Your feelings aren't indicative of anything aside from your menstrual cycle.

carthage
You wouldn't know anything about menstruation considering how much Disney balls hit your chin

quanchi112
You wouldn't know anything about menstruation considering how much Disney balls hit your chin So you ignore the reality of the situation. Marvel studios is more original, cohesive, and successful than the rest. You're a loser.

carthage
waahhhhh how dare you not like the same funny quips and PG13 zaniness!

Lmao suck it up manchild

quanchi112
waahhhhh how dare you not like the same funny quips and PG13 zaniness!

Lmao suck it up manchild They are an unchallenged success. I don't gauge my movies based off a rating you witless baboon.

Thanos is coming you loser.

Inhuman
Disney And Fox Have Reportedly Reentered Negotiations; An Official Announcement Could Be Imminent

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/marvel_studios/disney-and-fox-have-reportedly-reentered-negotiations-an-official-announcement-could-be-imminent-a155836

https://i.imgur.com/Bb4U6Mn.png

playa1258
They better be quick. Looks like Verizon and Comcast are also interested.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fox-m-a-comcast/comcast-verizon-approached-twenty-first-century-fox-to-buy-some-assets-sources-idUSKBN1DG34Z

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-comcast-21st-century-fox-20171116-story.html

Inhuman
Originally posted by playa1258
They better be quick. Looks like Verizon and Comcast are also interested.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fox-m-a-comcast/comcast-verizon-approached-twenty-first-century-fox-to-buy-some-assets-sources-idUSKBN1DG34Z

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-comcast-21st-century-fox-20171116-story.html

Disney is basically just doing this to get their properties back. They could leave all the other fox movie properties go to Comcast or Verizon.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

With these properties back home and with the rogue villains of the FF this is where they truly belong.

playa1258
Lets hope they can get them back. I would have to see a Wolverine/Shrek crossover.

TheLordofMurder
It would be nice to see Grandmaster use his Time Manip to bring some Future Sentinels to the present so that they can beat the lving hell out of the Avengers...

Again....

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It would be nice to see Grandmaster use his Time Manip to bring some Future Sentinels to the present so that they can beat the lving hell out of the Avengers...

Again....

Happy Dance Oh it's that loser who backed foxs marvel. You're a loser.

CPT Space Bomb
I need Dr Doom to be saved by The MCU.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I need Dr Doom to be saved by The MCU. MCU adding the Surfer and Galactus would be fantastic. Feel sorry for DC fans since its been a rough time. Nah, I am just kidding I love their pain.

playa1258
Galactus would be the next natural step after Thanos. Feige/Iger talking about 20 or more MCU films makes sense with FF4/X-men added to the MCU.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Galactus would be the next natural step after Thanos. Feige/Iger talking about 20 or more MCU films makes sense with FF4/X-men added to the MCU. There is no greater villain than Thanos but Galactus would be pretty awesome. Disney is a machine and all who don't like their films such as Carthage can kiss my ass.

laughing out loud

CPT Space Bomb
Doom is better than Galactus or Thanos....but Fox keeps fking him up

playa1258
From what I am reading Fox was shopping around and probably figured they would get the best deal from Disney.

Viacom might get bought out too I'm thinking. Other companies/studios will look to counter this move.

quanchi112
Doom is better than Galactus or Thanos....but Fox keeps fking him up Not a chance. Thanos has always been far grander in scope than Doom. He might be your favorite but Thanos has always been the greatest villain the marvel comics heroes and universe have ever faced.

playa1258
Yeah the Infinity Gauntlet is a great story.

BruceSkywalker
im glad.. this'll happen soon methinks

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not a chance. Thanos has always been far grander in scope than Doom. He might be your favorite but Thanos has always been the greatest villain the marvel comics heroes and universe have ever faced.

laughing out loud

CPT Space Bomb
Not a chance. Thanos has always been far grander in scope than Doom. He might be your favorite but Thanos has always been the greatest villain the marvel comics heroes and universe have ever faced. Doom came out well before Thanos was even a copy of Darkseid. Don't get me wrong I love Thanos but Doom is the better villain more consistently throughout history.

Kazenji
Seen today Disney/Marvel is having another attempt at this

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-rumor-discussions/

Darth Thor

Insane Titan

vansonbee
Another great villain for the Avengers to fight against is a big win for me.

Thanos > Doom

roughrider
This would be unprecedented. Studios have disappeared in the past because of bad business practices - too many flops or bombs in a row - that's what happened to the likes of United Artists, MGM, Orion. Someone selling their film & TV library just for big money...well. They must not care about art at all at Fox if they care so little about making it, and just want to make right wing neo con news.

quanchi112
Doom came out well before Thanos was even a copy of Darkseid. Don't get me wrong I love Thanos but Doom is the better villain more consistently throughout history. Blatantly untrue. This is just your opinion but let's be real Doom has always been Reeed Richards personal ****boy when push comes to shove. Thanos is the grandest in comics and now in the films. In terms of scope it isn't close. Doom has been a disaster on the big screen.

Ask Kevin Feige if you don't believe me who is marvel's grandest, biggest, baddest villain. You're still free to like the character Doom more.

quanchi112
laughing out loud You are very jealous it would appear.

CPT Space Bomb

Ridley_Prime

carthage
Get ready for Disney to water the movies down and make them appealable to 5 year olds with Baby Groot dancing on Logan's shoulder. Oh yes, and no creativity with film genres or Rated Rs!

CPT Space Bomb
That is the one reason I'm FINE with having Xmen over at Fox. I enjoy the diversity that they provide and Logan being R-rated was ESSENTIAL to that movie.

That being said the MCU isn't ALL fun and games. TWS and Civil War for instance, NAILED the serious tone while still providing thrills and a few laughs. It looks as though Infinity War is going to be following in those movies' steps.

carthage
Yeah and the MCU properties on Netflix.

Ridley_Prime
erm If Disney had X-Men, you could still have the more mature stories like Old Man Logan, just they would be on Netflix, where the R-rated MCU thrives.

Darth Thor

TethAdamTheRock
TWS was probably the most nailed villian in MCU

quanchi112
Get ready for Disney to water the movies down and make them appealable to 5 year olds with Baby Groot dancing on Logan's shoulder. Oh yes, and no creativity with film genres or Rated Rs! WTF are you talking about ? Fox had one really solid xmen film in Days of Future and Past and then followed it up with that stinker Apocalypse. Marvel has vastly different properties and their formulas work, add and build into the mythos and emotion of the universe, and have a creative force steering the ship. No other property in cinemas has shelled out more movies with the unbelievable momentum they have for ten years in a row.

roughrider
I've been fine with the status quo of the X-Men mythos at Fox and all related to it, because it does help out the subtext of the various movie plots to have a world where it's just mutants and the rest of humanity, exploring prejudice in all it's forms. (Although Marvel Studios has worked hard on the TV side to make Inhumans a substitute for Mutants.) Because how could humanity be so up in arms about Mutants, when so many other world shaking events are happening with the Avengers, misadventures by Iron Man, etc?

Whatever happens happens. I'm still willing to let X-Men go if it means getting back FF and everything related to it (Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer.)

quanchi112
Doom never did it for me as a character but I do feel he could work as a Loki type villain. Galactus should be the next hyped villain IMO. I would definitely love the Surfer in the MCU.

Femi32
Originally posted by roughrider
I've been fine with the status quo of the X-Men mythos at Fox and all related to it, because it does help out the subtext of the various movie plots to have a world where it's just mutants and the rest of humanity, exploring prejudice in all it's forms. (Although Marvel Studios has worked hard on the TV side to make Inhumans a substitute for Mutants.) Because how could humanity be so up in arms about Mutants, when so many other world shaking events are happening with the Avengers, misadventures by Iron Man, etc?

I've never understood why Marvel never hammered out that inconsistency in their comics.

I'm ready for the X-Men and FF to come back home (I don't want Marvel to shelve or change Deadpool, but they'd have to take that back, too). I've seen all that they can do with those two properties and it's time to move on. They'd probably have to do a CoIE type of event just to bring mutants in the MCU.

TheLordofMurder
Doom never did it for me as a character but I do feel he could work as a Loki type villain. Galactus should be the next hyped villain IMO. I would definitely love the Surfer in the MCU.

Loki type!??

Hell no...

Doom is far stronger willed than Loki will ever be and to do Doom justice, his strength of will must be visibly apparent and must shine brightly.

Inaddition, Doom would rage mightily against being beaten up as Loki has; Valkarie (for example) would have an enemy for life if she ever did to Doom what she did to Loki...

Doom is his own man and should be unique if he comes to the MCU...

Making him a Loki type would be doing him a great injustice...

TheLordofMurder

roughrider
Originally posted by Femi32
I've never understood why Marvel never hammered out that inconsistency in their comics.

As a teenager in the late 1980's, I was reading the story lines involving the Mutant Registration Act and wondering why the public targets Mutants so much when they are so many other non-Mutant dangers and catastrophes happening. How come no one is pursuing Spider-Man out of suspicion he's a Mutant, and so on. Civil War in 2006 helped change this, when the Superhuman Registration Act put everyone under the same microscope.

roughrider
Be careful what you ask for, because if Disney gets Fox, you might have to endure the following happening to Thor for the world to see:

That's really an old, invalid complaint. Disney has owned Marvel for 8 years now, and the films have just gotten bigger and better, with no overt family values shoehorning taking place.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by roughrider
That's really an old, invalid complaint. Disney has owned Marvel for 8 years now, and the films have just gotten bigger and better, with no overt family values shoehorning taking place.

I'm just messing with him; I've messed with him in the past about Rogue defeating Thor...

Disney getting Fox would be a great thing and I have full confidence that Disney would do justice to all the Marvel franchises/characters currently owned by Fox...

quanchi112
Loki type!??

Hell no...

Doom is far stronger willed than Loki will ever be and to do Doom justice, his strength of will must be visibly apparent and must shine brightly.

Inaddition, Doom would rage mightily against being beaten up as Loki has; Valkarie (for example) would have an enemy for life if she ever did to Doom what she did to Loki...

Doom is his own man and should be unique if he comes to the MCU...

Making him a Loki type would be doing him a great injustice... Just as Thor usually always outdoes Loki Reed has routinely outdone Doom. Same principle. Doom doesn't bring the power of the big bad that's for a character like Galactus especially when Fox has really damaged the brand value of the villain.

He is a film villain not the grand villain such as Thanos all leading to that culmination.

CPT Space Bomb
Just as Thor usually always outdoes Loki Reed has routinely outdone Doom. Same principle. Doom doesn't bring the power of the big bad that's for a character like Galactus especially when Fox has really damaged the brand value of the villain.

He is a film villain not the grand villain such as Thanos all leading to that culmination. Uh, Quan lets not talk about when Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos or any other time Thanos has lost....Doom has been more powerful than Thanos MANY times...But Thanos is typically more powerful.

Either way they're both great villians....how bout you recognize that?

quanchi112
Uh, Quan lets not talk about when Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos or any other time Thanos has lost....Doom has been more powerfu than Thanos MANY times...But Thanos is typically more powerful.

Either way they're both great villians....how bout you recognize that? Thanos stood his ground and wasn't permanently killed. Thanos' will doesn't bend or break. He has saved Doom's life before when he was stuck in a time loop in Marvel's The End, and treated him as a minior irritant in Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos has been grander in scope since the beginning whereas Doom lost his shit when he stole the Surfer's powers and the guy can't even get Thanos to even strain.

You're free to like who you want but Thanos has always been their grand cosmic villain in comics and on the big screen.

CPT Space Bomb
You're free to like who you want but Thanos has always been their grand cosmic villain in comics and on the big screen. That I agree with. Thanos is the Space version of Dr. Doom. He's more powerful, but they are very much alike; moreso than you're implying.

They both are highly intelligent, have gained god-like power, ruled worlds/galaxy...etc...

They both speak in a unique style, and their motives are generally a mystery to anyone that is not themselves..... I love both characters but you're shitting on Doom. Thanos is getting the big screen credit HE DESERVES... I hope that Doom will in the future by also being brought under the MCU banner.

quanchi112
That I agree with. Thanos is the Space version of Dr. Doom. He's more powerful, but they are very much alike; moreso than you're implying.

They both are highly intelligent, have gained god-like power, ruled worlds/galaxy...etc...

They both speak in a unique style, and their motives are generally a mystery to anyone that is not themselves..... I love both characters but you're shitting on Doom. Thanos is getting the big screen credit HE DESERVES... I hope that Doom will in the future by also being brought under the MCU banner. Thanos is the end all be all for me. He doesn't share his throne. I also never cared for Doom either. Wouldn't mind him added to the MCU but my excitement is for Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus (imagine the Negative Zone invading), there are so many rogues and ideas from the FF.

Impediment
Dr. Doom has the potential to be the single greatest HERO of the entire Marvel Universe...............if he could only get over himself. #megalomaniac

Kazenji
Well he currently is a hero in the comics.

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well he currently is a hero in the comics.

Really?!? When did this happen?

Last time I read a Dr. Doom comic was when Brian Michael Bendis was writing Mighty Avengers.

I'm mostly a Vertigo and Image fan nowadays.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment
Really?!? When did this happen?

Last time I read a Dr. Doom comic was when Brian Michael Bendis was writing Mighty Avengers.

I'm mostly a Vertigo and Image fan nowadays.

He's been going around in a Iron Man suit these days

also gone out of his way to help out the the current lineup of Avengers.

CPT Space Bomb
my excitement is for Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus (imagine the Negative Zone invading), there are so many rogues and ideas from the FF. True. Doom is unquestionably the best FF villain, but Galactus, Surfer, Annihilus and other characters from the FF rogues gallery would be epic.

Also, if the MCU gets rights to Fantastic Four, they could do the Annihilation storyline....that would be incredible.

quanchi112
True. Doom is unquestionably the best FF villain, but Galactus, Surfer, Annihilus and other characters from the FF rogues gallery would be epic.

Also, if the MCU gets rights to Fantastic Four, they could do the Annihilation storyline....that would be incredible. That was one of the best comic book arcs ever IMO. Imagine Galactus being captured and letting lose the three star system destroying blast on screen after he was set free.

CPT Space Bomb
That was one of the best comic book arcs ever IMO. Imagine Galactus being captured and letting lose the three star system destroying blast on screen after he was set free. Yah, I loved pretty much everything about that storyline. And Annihilus really got a chance to shine.

quanchi112
Yah, I loved pretty much everything about that storyline. And Annihilus really got a chance to shine. Syrfer could really cut loose in that storyline but if they do another mega threat it'll be years down the road. That's the only disappointing thing is how long it'll take to see it. Hell, we still have two parter avengers film to see first.

roughrider
One big difference between Thanos and Doom is that filmmakers have to bend over backwards in the movies apologising for & explaining Doom's name. To the casual moviegoer it's like calling someone Dr. Evil. Doom was created in a more innocent time for comics. (Although that didn't stop Chris Claremont creating Mister Sinister in the 1980's, a name you will never hear without snickering in any X-Men movie. stick out tongue)

Insane Titan

CPT Space Bomb
Insane Titan, stop being butthurt about the obvious.

I love Thanos but DESPITE what he was initially thought up as, he is the Marvel version of Darkseid. Again, if you have a brain in your skull you should be able to see that.

As far as Doom "needing others"? I suppose if you're talking about his genius and the way he outsmarts, tricks and manipulates others to gain significant power upgrades then sure. It's one of the reasons why he's considered the master of prep.

Kinda like how Thanos is relying on the Infinity Stones to amp his power.

Impediment

quanchi112

Insane Titan

Arachnid1
IMO The only Avengers villains that could get me as hyped as Thanos are Doom and Galactus. Marvel getting the rights to FF back needs to happen ASAP. Their rogues gallery isn't anything to scoff at

Inhuman
If they get the rights back they could also use Annihilus for Annihilation wave etc.

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, Kang and more im forgetting.

Arachnid1
If they get the rights back they could also use Annihilus for Annihilation wave etc.

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, and more im forgetting. I'd lol if they did a skrull invasion arc

Annihilus and the Negative Zone would be absolutely epic, although I'd rather see both in an FF movie first IMO

quanchi112

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, Kang and more im forgetting. I also agree and mentioned the Annihilus storyline. Imagine seeing the Galactus 3 star system destroying blast on the big screen. That storyline was one of the best of all time. Negative Zone invasion and to see the Surfer go after Ravenous.

CPT Space Bomb
Dunno why I can't quote Insane Titan....****ing annoying.

Anyway, you are wrong, period. Starlin designed Thanos after Metron AT FIRST...but he ended up making him after Darkseid when it was all said and done. He admits as much in the interview. No one compares Thanos to Metron you goof. It's Thanos and Darkseid.

As far as Doom, um; again you are completely off your rocker and apparently know nothing of the character other than just parroting what other people say.

I can list many Doom storylines where he outdoes Richards. Secret Wars, Emperor Doom, Loftier than Mortals...etc...

Either way, the villains never TRULY win anyway, so your very point is retarded. Just admit you're wrong and move on it'll do you good.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Arachnid1
IMO The only Avengers villains that could get me as hyped as Thanos are Doom and Galactus. Marvel getting the rights to FF back needs to happen ASAP. Their rogues gallery isn't anything to scoff at thumb up thumb up

Insane Titan

Firefly218
Originally posted by Arachnid1
IMO The only Avengers villains that could get me as hyped as Thanos are Doom and Galactus. Marvel getting the rights to FF back needs to happen ASAP. Their rogues gallery isn't anything to scoff at Just about ANY villain, if used properly, can be epic and badass. Outside of Doom and Galactus, I think the time travel element with Kang the Conquerer could be awesome.

CPT Space Bomb

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Firefly218
Just about ANY villain, if used properly, can be epic and badass. Outside of Doom and Galactus, I think the time travel element with Kang the Conquerer could be awesome. Kang WOULD be awesome if done right, I was thinking that last night as well. I'd also like to see the Korvac Saga, And maybe some Graviton action as well.

Firefly218
Kang WOULD be awesome if done right, I was thinking that last night as well. I'd also like to see the Korvac Saga, And maybe some Graviton action as well. thumb up Graviton was in Agents of SHIELD but the show is essentially ignored by the films, so it's a possibility

CPT Space Bomb
thumb up Graviton was in Agents of SHIELD but the show is essentially ignored by the films, so it's a possibility Really? Was he done well? I stopped watching AoS after season 2.

Firefly218
Really? Was he done well? I stopped watching AoS after season 2. Unfortunately no it was pretty lame, he was a one-off in season 1. It shows his origin and then SHIELD locks him away in some vault and he has yet to return

CPT Space Bomb
Unfortunately no it was pretty lame, he was a one-off in season 1. It shows his origin and then SHIELD locks him away in some vault and he has yet to return Hmmm, I know Disney used him In Avengers Assemble and that was pretty amazing. I'd love to see that type of brawl with a Super villain on the big screen in the MCU. Thanos will most likely deliver that.

carthage
I can support the FF going back to the MCU

roughrider
Thanos = Darkseid? Not quite. Let's remember Jim Starlin later created Mongul for DC, and he admitted he was ripping off his creation Thanos.

You can see it on the surface - except Thanos gets proper respect from Marvel and rarely gets chumped. Darkseid spent too many decades getting solo'd by Superman, because DC Editorial can't stand having Kal-El get his ass handed to him (except when it's by Batman.) stick out tongue

quanchi112
Thanos is far superior to Darkseid in terms of character growth, achievement, intelligence, etc. it isn't close but DC is a trainwreck and has always been lacking in comparison to Marvel.

Insane Titan

CPT Space Bomb
@Insane Titan....

I'll do everyone in this thread a favor and say let's just agree to disagree. We clearly won't change eachothers' opinions. Cheers.

Insane Titan
Concession accepted

CPT Space Bomb
Not a concession, you just bore me.

Insane Titan
Any more excuses you want to reel off?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Any more excuses you want to reel off? There are no excuses, there is just no point in continuing our argument. You won't/can't change my opinion on the matter and I'm clearly incapable of changing your mind; ergo no point.

-Pr-
If they do bring X-Men back (as unlikely as it is), they need to, imo, start fresh. (Almost) Clean slate. No previous directors, no previous actors bar MAYBE Fassbender and McAvoy.

F4, I think is a more realistic prospect, and I hope we finally get the good kooky sci-fi the F4 is capable of giving us.

Darth Thor

TethAdamTheRock
No recasting, everyone is perfect

Josh_Alexander
I can understand Fox wanting to hang onto the X-Men stuff, because they make a lot of money from it, and actually produce some good things (Deadpool, Logan, Legion etc.) on occasion. But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

Totally agree.

I am not going to watch any F4 movie that has Fox behind it....

Fox want's to play "I don't care for the fans".

Kazenji

playa1258
Let's hope Disney can pull it off and not ****ing Comcast.

CPT Space Bomb
Fantastic Four going to the MCU would be the best thing ever.

BruceSkywalker
Fantastic Four going to the MCU would be the best thing ever.

right on

playa1258
FF4 going into space should be one of the after credit scenes of Avengers 4.

quanchi112
They have to purchase Fox film characters first.

Adam Grimes
Apparently it's happened already.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Apparently it's happened already. Official confirmation ?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>