Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Lost
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

I, for one, am excited for what may come. Thoughts?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Lost
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

I, for one, am excited for what may come. Thoughts? Fantastic news.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Hoping old republic, Darth Bane, etc. so many awesome ideas to be able to flesh out on the big screen.

Darth Thor

BruceSkywalker
not a surprise... been in love with star wars since 1977...

can;t wait for the next installments

of course i will be laughing soon

The Lost
I'd like to see something in the future of the SWU. Not that I'd mind a return to the Old Republic, as much of my favorite stories, characters, and more are within that era but why not see what's beyond?

Regardless, Johnson has shown competency with science fiction so I only hope that there is greatness to come.

Bashar Teg
i just came eek!

shame he's not doing ep9, tho.

Darth Thor

playa1258
This means TLJ must be great.

This is great news.

Maybe the Yuuzahn Vong done right?

quanchi112
Green lighting this prior to the Last Jedi coming out shows they have the utmost confidence in this man. Disney prints money at this point.

Patient_Leech
I, for one, am excited for what may come. Thoughts?

Don't give a shite.

The Lost
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't give a shite.

So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol

-Pr-
Hopefully The Last Jedi isn't crap, then.

Khazra Reborn
Thank god they're ditching the bullshit trilogy they have going now after ep. 9, the new characters are awful.

quanchi112
So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol This guy hates Disney but can't get enough of Riddick. Truly an oddball.

The Lost
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thank god they're ditching the bullshit trilogy they have going now after ep. 9, the new characters are awful.

I haven't seen enough to make a judgment, personally. They are part of a trilogy and their development is unfinished.

quanchi112
Thank god they're ditching the bullshit trilogy they have going now after ep. 9, the new characters are awful. You don't care for Snoke and Kylo. What's wrong with you ?

Surtur
More Star Wars is always good news. I've only seen Looper, what other good things has this guy directed?

ares834
Ozymandias. Perhaps the greatest hour of television of all time.

The Lost
Yeah, he directed a few Breaking Bad episodes. Both rank among my favorites, honestly. (Even though one gets a lot of shit)

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't care for Snoke and Kylo. What's wrong with you ?

The jury is out on Snoke, he's currently a non character. Kylo is a whiney man child, he's terrible.

Kazenji
And yet all we've seen of him is in Episode 7.

quanchi112
The jury is out on Snoke, he's currently a non character. Kylo is a whiney man child, he's terrible. He was younger and he still managed to kill his father despite the pesky light inside him. Look at Anakin in AOTC.

Patient_Leech
So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol

laughing out loud

https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

ares834

The Lost
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

Ah, still not caring, I see.

Man, some people.

Flyattractor
If we are getting a SW Movie Literally Every Year Now. The "Trilogy" shtick kind of loses its meaning. Much like Star Wars now that the DARK MOUSE LORD owns it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If we are getting a SW Movie Literally Every Year Now. The "Trilogy" shtick kind of loses its meaning. Much like Star Wars now that the DARK MOUSE LORD owns it.

stay home then

hahahahahaha

The Lost
Originally posted by Flyattractor

I am not sure if that's really true. If they are good films, I don't think it is that big of a deal. I am glad Star Wars is getting much more attention and exposure. It was bound to happen anyway, seeing as it is such a staple of American pop culture.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Surtur
More Star Wars is always good news. I've only seen Looper, what other good things has this guy directed?

Brick(Very good movie from 2005) and a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad.

Beniboybling
This is what happens when you sell it to the white slavers, who take these things... sad

Firefly218
I didn't really care for Looper, but this is a promising sign

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
I didn't really care for Looper, but this is a promising sign Wtf.

The Lost
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Brick(Very good movie from 2005) and a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad.

Brick was ****ing amazing.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Wtf.

LOL

roughrider
So this must have figured into bring back J.J. for Episode 9, as they weighed between the two. When they decided to let Rian have a trilogy of his own, the die was cast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.