Mad Jim Jaspers vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Use any version of Sentry you want

Who wins

MrMind
Jaspers with a single handwave

RealityWarper
Sentry kills him.

Zack M
MJJ

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Zack M
MJJ

Dies.

I love how people are biased against Sentry.

Zack M
Sentry is my favorite character ever. However, he dies.

RealityWarper
Sentry is my favorite character ever. However, he dies.

Based on ?

Molecule Man couldn't kill him.

MJJ's brain was fried by the Fury.

"Id"
Sentry eats him.

Magnon
MJJ wins.

He could first drop a helicarrier on Sentry and then, while his opponent was struggling under its weight, create/summon Jim Hammond (the original Human Torch) to overload him and finish him off.

TethAdamTheRock
Sentry

the Darkone
This is spite, MJJ is omniverse threat period and so is MM depending on his mental state. Only way Sentry can beat MJJ is to take him to unspace, even without that Sentry would get curbstomp worse then Gleen for the walking dead.

tkitna
Jaspers in a stomp

RealityWarper
Originally posted by tkitna
Jaspers in a stomp

Based on ?

Digi
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Based on ?

I don't have a horse in this race, but are you really incapable of seeing a valid argument for a character with powers on Jaspers's level? Your example of Owen is also valid, but this rather pithy question really does nothing for discussion, and is a disservice to everyone to pretend you couldn't possibly be wrong.

Owen and Jaspers have feats beyond anything Sentry's ever done, by several orders of magnitude. The fact that Sentry resisted Owen's powers is indeed an uncomfortable anomaly without easy reconciliation, though many have pointed to his mental state at that time. But based on the totality of their abilities, their peak seems safely higher than Bob. To me, at least.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Digi
I don't have a horse in this race, but are you really incapable of seeing a valid argument for a character with powers on Jaspers's level? Your example of Owen is also valid, but this rather pithy question really does nothing for discussion, and is a disservice to everyone to pretend you couldn't possibly be wrong.

Owen and Jaspers have feats beyond anything Sentry's ever done, by several orders of magnitude. The fact that Sentry resisted Owen's powers is indeed an uncomfortable anomaly without easy reconciliation, though many have pointed to his mental state at that time. But based on the totality of their abilities, their peak seems safely higher than Bob. To me, at least.

I totally see Jasper power-level.

I don't see how he could possibly do better than Molecule Man at that point thus bringing the same fate for Jaspers than for Molecule Man in the end.

The mental state of Molecule Man isn't what affect his powers... At least not during Dark Avengers where he was crazy but totally in possession of his powers with only positive beliefs in his ability to use them.

I've pointed out that, when he was put in jail, Owen was depressed because he couldn't find his way back to Volcana after she dumped him, thus making him depressed...

One of the main attribute of the depression is that you completely lose the ability to trust in yourself and into what you can do.

I pointed out that Quasimodo talked about Owen's depression in the Dark Reign Files, where Owen, during his time into prison, was incapable to use his powers in imaginative ways, incapable to manipulate genetic material and other stuff that are directly mentioned in Dark Avengers as things he can do, thus proving that Owen was back at full power...

Surtur
Originally posted by MrMind
Jaspers with a single handwave

Nope, he does it with a twitch of his nose.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Surtur
Nope, he does it with a twitch of his nose.

Molecule Man couldn't beat Sentry.

How Mad Jim Jaspers does it ?

Please, elaborate.

iceman24567
Jim stomps

Surtur
Molecule Man couldn't beat Sentry.

How Mad Jim Jaspers does it ?

Please, elaborate.

MJJ vastly outpowers the power level MM had at the time. The weakest version of MJJJ required the entire universe to be destroyed, correct?

RealityWarper
MJJ vastly outpowers the power level MM had at the time.

MM can affect all realities at the same time since the first Secret Wars.

I don't remember Jaspers showing the same power output.

IIRC he affected the Multiverse via his Jaspers wave which take time to be effective.

Correct. That's still inferior to MM in power.

Surtur
Show me Sentry showing universe destroying power. MM didn't have it when they fought, so that is out. Provide non-MM feats please.

Surtur
I admit I'd feel different if MM had done things in their fight like throwing galaxies or whatever. Or maybe even universes? Whatever he did against the Beyonder. If Sentry beat THAT guy sure.

He did not beat that guy though. Power levels can change and we must separate them. Otherwise PC Darkseid wouldn't be a thing.

RealityWarper
Show me Sentry showing universe destroying power.

Sentry power has literally no limits. Tony Stark stated that he could start an House of M event on a whim already.

I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers.

I totally see Jasper power-level.

I don't see how he could possibly do better than Molecule Man at that point thus bringing the same fate for Jaspers than for Molecule Man in the end.

The mental state of Molecule Man isn't what affect his powers... At least not during Dark Avengers where he was crazy but totally in possession of his powers with only positive beliefs in his ability to use them.

I've pointed out that, when he was put in jail, Owen was depressed because he couldn't find his way back to Volcana after she dumped him, thus making him depressed...

One of the main attribute of the depression is that you completely lose the ability to trust in yourself and into what you can do.

I pointed out that Quasimodo talked about Owen's depression in the Dark Reign Files, where Owen, during his time into prison, was incapable to use his powers in imaginative ways, incapable to manipulate genetic material and other stuff that are directly mentioned in Dark Avengers as things he can do, thus proving that Owen was back at full power...

tkitna
Sentry couldnt even undo what Owen did yet beat Jaspers.

RealityWarper
I admit I'd feel different if MM had done things in their fight like throwing galaxies or whatever. Or maybe even universes? Whatever he did against the Beyonder. If Sentry beat THAT guy sure.

He did not beat that guy though. Power levels can change and we must separate them. Otherwise PC Darkseid wouldn't be a thing.

He did.

They simply attacked each other molecules that's why there is no collateral damages. Affecting everything but their own molecules is pointless.

RealityWarper
Sentry couldnt even undo what Owen did yet beat Jaspers.

it's a matter of skill here and not raw power.

Sentry just discovered what his powers were and you expect him to use his power with the same skill than Molecule Man whom trained from decades ? Really ?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Spite, MJJ stomps.

the Darkone
MJJ is omniverse level being, Death Sentry is what mid trans at best?

the Darkone
Dark Avengers MM is one of the weakest incarnation of MM, and MM admitted he wanted to lose and his powers only worked in a localize area. MJJ has no limitation, to defend Sentry against MJJ is like Defending Sentry beating someone like Enternity, Infinity or a Celestial and MJJ dwarf them in all out power

Damborgson

I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers.

In what world, does one need to prove a negative??

abhilegend
Ignore him. He has been trained by Quan most likely.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
In what world, does one need to prove a negative??

What the **** ?

It is simple...

"I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers."

Or you provide the scan or you quit lowballing the character.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by abhilegend

Sure, pal.

You countered nothing. You proved nothing.

Zack M

laughing out loud

RealityWarper
laughing out loud

So, may I see that scan of Molecule Man stating that he cannot do something with his powers in Dark Avengers, so far it is an URBAN LEGEND.

Damborgson
What the **** ?

It is simple...

"I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers."

Or you provide the scan or you quit lowballing the character.

No, that's the issue. No one needs to prove that something "didn't happen", that's flawed logic.

RealityWarper
No, that's the issue. No one needs to prove that something "didn't happen", that's flawed logic.

You really don't get what I am saying.

In all stories, when Molecule Man cannot do something with his powers, at least WHEN MOLECULE MAN BELIEVES THAT HE CANNOT DO SOMETHING WITH HIS POWERS, it is stated ON PANEL by Molecule Man himself that he cannot do something, because that's HOW HIS POWER WORKS and that's how we KNOW that he cannot do something and is somehow depowered/weakened/etc

So in short:

OR

You show a scan of Molecule Man stating ON PANEL that he cannot do something with his powers, LIKE being incapable to manipulate ORGANIC matter for example.

OR

You stop pretending that Molecule Man was somehow weakened, depowered or whatever other bullshit lowballing.

As you are keeping up with the fan-made BS that Molecule Man was weaker than usual it will be VERY EASY for you to show that scan.

Post it in here.

I'm waiting. wink

Damborgson
Oh I get what you're saying, but you said something ridiculous.

abhilegend
Also Dark Avengers feat for Sentry is not allowed for regular Sentry and is only for that arc as per forum rules.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=546926&highlight=title%3A%28sentry%29+userid%3A89307
Originally posted by Badabing
There have been arguments about Sentry, Void, Siege and Molecule Man. This has been an on again, off again discussion among mods and a few posters.

We think the best way to handle the disagreement is as follows:

Siege Sentry/Void should be a self contained character within the arc for thread purposes. And not applied to anything before Siege.

Sentry and Void feats are not interchangeable, at all.

Siege feats by Sentry and Void should not be applied to anything preceding the arc.

The Molecule Man vs Sentry/Void fight shouldn't be considered a typical or average showing since the power displayed happened only once and therefore isn't verifiable. Also, Owen's erratic past regarding his own mental state should be considered.

It's apparent that Sentry/Void was evolving during Siege by the feats and dialogue. It's also shown that Sentry was "voiding" out even when he still looked like regular Sentry. Given the ambiguity regarding Sentry/Void, we think it's for the best that the character be separated by the Siege arc.

So, to avoid excess flaming and bashing, we would like threads to show either the Siege Sentry/Void or regular Sentry/Void to avoid any problems.
How's that for a counter, eh?

tkitna
it's a matter of skill here and not raw power.

Sentry just discovered what his powers were and you expect him to use his power with the same skill than Molecule Man whom trained from decades ? Really ?

You just answered your own 'based on' question as to why he loses to Jaspers.

RealityWarper
Oh I get what you're saying, but you said something ridiculous.

So you don't have that scan, fine. Your concession is accepted.

You just answered your own 'based on' question as to why he loses to Jaspers.

He destroyed Molecule Man despite not having any skills in reality manipulation.

Again, how does MFF put him down where Molecule Man, who is clearly more powerful and skilled than MJJ, failed to do it ?

RealityWarper
MJJ*

abhilegend
Once again breaking forum rules.

Anyway moving on.

Dark Avengers feat for Sentry is not allowed for regular Sentry and is only for that arc as per forum rules.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=546926&highlight=title%3A%28sentry%29+userid%3A89307

Have any issues? Take it with mods.

RW is on a rampage.

Zack M
MJJ.

RealityWarper
Once again breaking forum rules.

RW is on a rampage.

I am not breaking anything. I am still looking at your poor flaming/baiting the way it has to be coming from someone incapable to argue for a fictional character.

https://s17.postimg.org/cc2uenq5b/Loki_dies_siege.png

There you have Void using Molecular Manipulation/Reality Warping during Siege.

Can we move on now that you have done your pathetic tantrum ?

abhilegend
Uh, so breaking the rules?

RealityWarper
Uh, so breaking the rules?

No breaking the rules and you are reported for spamming/baiting.

No knock it off.

abhilegend
Yup, totally breaking it. Bada straight up said that Dark Avengers is an outlier.

Take it up with Bada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.