Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
http://i.imgur.com/0fKtqCNl.jpg

Trailers:
aOC8E8z_ifw
XmI7WKrAtqs

Darth Thor

Raptor22
The inevitable watering down of the franchise was my biggest concern when Disney purchased the rights to SW. I didn't think they could do it anymore anymore than they already have.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Early Adventures of Jar Jar series at some time down the road. I don't even want to consider the possibility of a live action Ezra at some point.

ares834

UCanShootMyNova
I just want it to be a series of Jedi missions before the Clone Wars. Kind of like Star Trek.

Kurk
This could either kick ass or suck major d1ck. I'm thinking the latter...

ares834
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I just want it to be a series of Jedi missions before the Clone Wars. Kind of like Star Trek.

Nah. I'd rather there be no Jedi. They should focus on something else for once.

Darth Thor

Raptor22
Yeah I'm with u Thor, I wouldn't want them to cheapen lightsaber duels either. I say keep them special, like having Ezra shoot stun orbs out of his hilt, or the grand inquisitor spinning his over his head and flying away.

Sry bud, but I think Disney already delved down that "cheapened" rabbit hole.

playa1258
Some regular non-force users would be a good start.

Kurk
Potential Show Ideas:

1. How I Became the Senate

2. Sand, Lightsabers, and Deathsticks

3. The Adventures of Meesa

4. One and a Half Droids

5. The Counts of Serrenno

6. The Big "Do It" Theory

7. A Jedi's Guide to Treason

8. Just Another Happy Landing

UCanShootMyNova
@Thor: There wouldn't be lightsaber duels. I mean, I doubt most pre TCW Jedi missions involved engaging another lightsaber wielding opponent.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Zenwolf
How's that?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How's that?

Cause it looks more real?

But truthfully the animated ones are certainly choreographed better.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Cause it looks more real?

But truthfully the animated ones are certainly choreographed better.

Not really the strongest of cases, but then I'm more partial to animated than live action for certain shows, SW being one of them...movies aside.

Darth Thor

AncientPower
Prequel era is absolutely off limits with Disney. Rebels is finishing already. Battlefront II and the Aftermath books have taken up the OT-ST space quite considerably. TLJ and IX is finishing off the ST era permanently. We already have Kenobi and Han Solo standalones, as well as the Vader comics, filling in the OT era.

Given all of that. Any Canon timeline is already overly booked. It's either set after the ST or it's TOR related.

It being TOR is not nearly as farfetched as one might think. They've already given EAWare special precedence for continuing their era, they also went the extra step of making sure the Chiss expansion aligns with the Disney Canon Story Group.

That's hardly overwhelming evidence but it is a possibility. The same is true for the Johnson trilogy.

DarthAnt66
I feel it's most likely an Underworld show with Boba Fett and the like.

godemperortrump
Yay now they can butcher TOR characters.

AncientPower
That was cancelled and shelved though.

DarthAnt66
It was, but I imagine they'll do a similar theme. A TOR show seems like it'd be far too expensive.

Beniboybling

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Yay now they can butcher TOR characters.

What's there to butcher?

Zentrex
There are so many things to wonder about this show. So many things which can go wrong.

What will the genre be? Comedy? Action? Horror? What will it focus on? The main ideas here seem to be either Jedi, or the crime world. But there are other options, you could make it about the Sith, or politics, or some other type of life we've yet to see in the star wars universe.

I honestly think there are many, many direction this show can be taken in, and it would be very interesting if it was taken in all of them. You know, have one episode be about a certain set of characters, another about another set of characters, maybe follow a few consistent chains of characters and settings.

I'd really like to see something new. Like, in Canot Bight (The novel and the scene in the movie), we're shown a side of star wars we were never shown before. Maybe it'll be about some random people between the Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It all seems very interesting to me.

The problem I have with bringing legends into canon is that having this new canon gives us the opportunity to do something completely different, and reshape the entire look of the Star Wars expanded universe, and so I would be a little disappointed if they just made the old republic the same as it was in legends. I want to see something new, a new kind of history. Maybe the Republic doesn't have its origins that far back. Maybe the Jedi weren't part of the Republic then. I just want to see something different.

Freedon Nadd
Who would want a show about Sith? Most wouldn't. It may make the Sith, less monster-y.

Darth Thor
They are not holding back on the budget.

$100 million for a 10episode season. So should look very cinematic like Star Trek Discovery does.

Is also based shortly after ROTJ:

http://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2018/08/07/star-wars-live-action-series-budget-length/

Ive also heard its based on Mandalore. If true thats Quite fitting given series creator Favreau voiced Pre-Vizsla.

Tzeentch
As long as it's not plucky underdogs fighting The Man I don't give a shit what it's about.

But this is Disney so it will almost certainly be about plucky underdogs fighting The Man.

victreebelvictr
I would hope that they release more on the prime jedi

Darth Thor
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/star-wars-jon-favreaus-tv-series-details-revealed-1149194

Galan007
Hmm.

Voicing Pre Vizsla must have really left an impact with Favreau. Can't say the initial premise here really peaks my interest, but we'll see.

Darth Thor
Sorry Galan think these need merging:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t647647.html

Galan007
*Merged.

Darth Thor
Wow we have a useful mod now.

As for this, Im guessing it means they have scrapped the Boba Fett movie idea. As it would essentially end up being the same kind of thing.

Galan007
Yeah, a Boba Fett film seems like it would be completely redundant with this project in the works.

Dunno, I'll wait for more information to be released about this series, but given the era it is set in, my initial thought is that I really don't care. Of all the stories they could have gone with they choose a lone Mandalorian in a space-western. Meh.

NTJack0
Definitely wasn't interested in more Mando crap, oh well.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, a Boba Fett film seems like it would be completely redundant with this project in the works.

Dunno, I'll wait for more information to be released about this series, but given the era it is set in, my initial thought is that I really don't care. Of all the stories they could have gone with they choose a lone Mandalorian in a space-western. Meh.

Yeah not sold on the time period. But I do have faith in Favreaus creative talent. So its mostly his name that has me intrigued.

Galan007
Same.

Also, here is Favreau's official Twitter announcement:

https://i.imgur.com/Kskjngh.jpg

DarthSkywalker0

( A quote by Syndiciate )

TheIndyJedi
I hated how the mandalorians were treated in Rebels.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I hated how the mandalorians were treated in Rebels.

Don't even get me started, this all started in TCW with pacifying them! Also now looking bad on it...did anyone find the combat kinda....dead in the shows?

Maybe more Rebels with the blaster fights, but they seemed really...not all that interesting.

juggernaut74
So does this confirm that Bobba dies in ROTJ? I can't see them wasting Bobbas story on TV.

ares834
https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/the-mandalorian-1024x809.jpg

Looks nice.

Trocity
But it`s the new Star Wars, so it`ll be shit.

TheIndyJedi
Reminds off the concept art for Boba Fett from the cancelled Star Wars 1313 game

Darth Thor
Nice

Galan007
Also looks like Filoni will be one of the executive producers for this.

Zenwolf

Galan007
*Since we now have an official name/premise for this series and a rough release date, I'm going to update this thread's title and move it to the proper forum.

Darth Thor
Also looks like Filoni will be one of the executive producers for this.

He is on the list of directors for the first season I believe. Which was always an obvious move for him. Hes been directing and producing on animation for long enough.

Zentrex

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Zentrex
It's something I've been wondering too. Why is there so much outrage for Disney Star Wars? I know there's a fair share of people who think it's bad, but Star Wars has produced some of the worst content ever in the past. It never sparked anything on this level before. Star Wars has endured through so much, so why not this?
And it's not possible that Disney just happens to pool their money and most successful talents into work that just turns out to be garbage.

Maybe it's just to do with how the fanbase talks about star wars now. Maybe it's to do with the "political" direction Kathleen Kennedy has taken. I don't know. It seems there's something else going on than just the content being "bad". Because the bad content of Star Wars used to be for only fans of Star Wars. The bad content of Star Wars is now for everyone, and that makes them fans of Star Wars.

The main stuff is being blasted with shit and political agendas.

That's the difference. You used to have to read a shitty novel or a bad comic to find truly awful shit. Now you can watch a movie to find comparable things. The bad is thrown in your face a little bit more.

Obviously not all the canon is bad. But it doesn't help when people find the main attraction shit.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zentrex
It's something I've been wondering too. Why is there so much outrage for Disney Star Wars? I know there's a fair share of people who think it's bad, but Star Wars has produced some of the worst content ever in the past. It never sparked anything on this level before. Star Wars has endured through so much, so why not this?
And it's not possible that Disney just happens to pool their money and most successful talents into work that just turns out to be garbage.

Maybe it's just to do with how the fanbase talks about star wars now. Maybe it's to do with the "political" direction Kathleen Kennedy has taken. I don't know. It seems there's something else going on than just the content being "bad".

I guess it's a mix of what you're saying and what Mob said. I mean I'm not saying all the current Disney stuff is bad, I certainly liked Vader's first comic series and a few issues of the main Marvel SW series. But so far? That's really been it..the concepts they're bringing over from Legends certainly haven't been enticing either.

I haven't exactly followed what KK has done, but I have heard about what she's said, about what JJ and Johnson said and it's just.....ugh.

Galan007
A few recently leaked set photos reveal extras in Stormtrooper armor:
https://i.imgur.com/FZxjhuC.jpg

Considering this series is supposed to take place 2 years after RotJ, it's interesting to see Stormtroopers still around. There are obviously several possible explanations, but one "?" posed by the producers was interesting...

mmm

Zenwolf
The 2nd seems more plausible. ....Still irked how they handled the aftermath of the war.../hiss. <.<

Also I have a bad feeling about this series..

Galan007
My major holdup is that I really don't give a shit about this random Mandalorian and his hijinks in the outer rim. The premise just isn't appealing to me at all, tbh.

Maybe it'll end up being good. Dunno. I just couldn't care less about it right now. /shrug

One Big Mob
What if I told you the Mandalorian was a people of color woman? I bet your interest has piqued now, hasn't it?

Zenwolf
My major holdup is that I really don't give a shit about this random Mandalorian and his hijinks in the outer rim. The premise just isn't appealing to me at all, tbh.

Maybe it'll end up being good. Dunno. I just couldn't care less about it right now. /shrug

Yeeah...it's kinda hard to get into it when the Mandalorians haven't....really been great in this new Canon, least for me. Didn't really care much for them in Rebels....TCW the only good thing about em was the DeathWatch and even then it kinda was solely on Vizsla.

Much prefer the Mandalorians pre-Canon reboot.

Trocity
I really hope she is wearing a hijab under that helmet.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
What if I told you the Mandalorian was a people of color woman? I bet your interest has piqued now, hasn't it? https://i.imgur.com/3ARFRXZ.gif

Yeeah...it's kinda hard to get into it when the Mandalorians haven't....really been great in this new Canon, least for me. Didn't really care much for them in Rebels....TCW the only good thing about em was the DeathWatch and even then it kinda was solely on Vizsla.

Much prefer the Mandalorians pre-Canon reboot. Yeah, TCW making the Mandalorians a pacifist race was retarded.

Much prefer Legends Mandalorians.

Zenwolf

Yeah, TCW making the Mandalorians a pacifist race was retarded.

Much prefer Legends Mandalorians.

Even worse it's just some regular human based faction now. Or at least I don't recall their being any aliens among them, they started out as humans too...no Taung in the beginning...quite sad.

Galan007
Pedro Pascal was cast as the lead role:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/13/the-mandalorian-star-wars-tv-series-casts-pedro-pascal-in-lead-role

This is potentially a really good thing. The dude is a great actor. thumb up

Darth Thor
Oh wow

Galan007
A recent set photo shows one of the actors in what appears to be Death Trooper armor, standing alongside the actors in Storm Trooper armor. So that's interesting.

Also, Gina Carano joins the cast in a yet undefined role:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/14/the-mandalorian-gina-carano-joins-the-cast-of-star-wars-show

Darth Thor
Im officially more excited for this now then for the R1 prequel. But looking forward to both tbh.

I guess the R1 prequel has more potential for PT/OT cameos though.

queeq
So now Disney is making a tv series based on a costume.... wow...

Galan007
Nick Nolte's on board now as well:
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/30/nick-nolte-joins-star-wars-the-mandalorian/

Galan007
"Pedro Pascal, who was previously confirmed to be the lead in the series, will be in the role of the Mandalorian gunfighter. Joining him will be Gina Carano from Deadpool, Giancarlo Esposito from Breaking Bad, Emily Swallow from Supernatural, Carl Weathers from Predator, Omid Abtahi from American Gods, Werner Herzog from Grizzly Man, and Nick Nolte from Affliction, who was previously announced."
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/12/star-was-the-mandalorian-cast-officially-confirmed

Pretty stacked cast. thumb up

Galan007
Jon Favreau posted this pic today:

https://i.imgur.com/83Nr2XQ.jpg

So it would seem that IG-88 will also be part of the roster...

Darth Thor
^ Classic Bounty Hunters (or their equivalent). More evidence this show is clearly a replacement for the Boba Fett film.

Now that I think about it, Solo probably would have been better as a series as well. A bit silly wasting a film on him meeting Chewie, winning the Falcon and doing the Kessel Run. Could have easily fitted in those things while focusing on a bigger space adventure series over a 10episode season.

TheIndyJedi
Looking forward to this more than episode 9 tbh. Also didn't Favreau direct the 1st Iron Man film? Yeh I have a feeling this going to be good

Darth Thor
^ Yeah he did. So he basically kicked off the Iron Franchise and the entire MCU.

He also directed Jungle Book. And he voiced Pre-Vizsla in TCW, so this is right up his alley. Still would have liked him to direct a Star Wars film though.

I cant see any reason to be excited for Episode 9. Will see if the first trailer can do anything to change that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Also didn't Favreau direct the 1st Iron Man film?

1 and 2.

Then Shane f*cking Black happened...

Kazenji
Jon Favreau posted this pic today:

https://i.imgur.com/83Nr2XQ.jpg

So it would seem that IG-88 will also be part of the roster...

Looks like Taika Waititi is voicing IG-88

better have a different voice then what he had for Korg, He was okay for Korg with all the comedy Ragnarok had in it.

ares834
I kinda like it. The contrast between the voice and the appearance sounds like it could be fun. It'll never happen in a million years, but I'd love if they alluded to IG-88 hacking the second Death Star.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Raptor22
The inevitable watering down of the franchise was my biggest concern when Disney purchased the rights to SW. I didn't think they could do it anymore anymore than they already have.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Early Adventures of Jar Jar series at some time down the road. I don't even want to consider the possibility of a live action Ezra at some point.

thumb up

CaveDude33211

Yeah, and people wanted the Disney Trilogy to be good movies.

It's over - Disney destroyed the franchise.

Time to boycott these retards, until they sell the Star Wars franchise to a better company that will bring back the proper EU and show the stories the fans actually want to see.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Trocity
But it`s the new Star Wars, so it`ll be shit.

Bingo.

ares834
eQzVs7pQVUQ&t

This looks like it could legitmettely be great.

I guess this is what happens when you get guys with real creativity and passion to work on a project. Shocking.

ares834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ATJWkiSAY

Trailer is right at the start of this one.

Tzeentch
My nigga Carl Weathers looking great at 71 years old

TheIndyJedi
It does look really good

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
eQzVs7pQVUQ&t

This looks like it could legitmettely be great.

I guess this is what happens when you get guys with real creativity and passion to work on a project. Shocking. @2:39

Awesome to see that Favreau is consulting with Lucas one-on-one. thumb up

Darth Thor
^ Abrams apparently consulted Lucas before rewriting the story/script for Episode 9 as well:

https://youtu.be/JpiNwkzZN-4

CaveDude33211
^ Abrams apparently consulted Lucas before rewriting the story/script for Episode 9 as well:

https://youtu.be/JpiNwkzZN-4

thumb up Disney is going to say whatever they need to say to have your money, even if it's a lie.

Galan007
https://i.postimg.cc/7Pg7rC0x/d23-the-mandalorian-poster.jpg

Zenwolf
Eh...I can't really say I'm crazy about the guy's ship. I'm also seeing a lot of problems with his armor. But then again I guess that's nothing new for sci-fi.

Nice poster though.

Zenwolf
Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw&t=15s

And of course the playback is being stupid...

Anyway, it looks...alright. But trailers can be deceiving. Better than what TROS has shown anyway..

ares834
Looks decent. And, yes, this looks way better then Ep IX.

Rebel95

Darth Thor

CaveDude33211
Ok, I just watched the trailer.

Bounty hunters regularly encase people in carbonite, now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In any case, the first 5 minutes of TFA looked decent, too - then the PC-propaganda started to creep in.

Purchase at your own peril.

- Also, not sure if Disney deserves our money after what they did to Luke Skywalker.

Galan007
Lol.

It seems like some of you guys hate just to hate. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand some degree of pessimism when it comes to Disney canon, given its subpar track record thus far... But objectively speaking, this trailer looks pretty damn promising, imo.

Will watch for sure. thumb up

Galan007
Apparently this show might also expand on the First Order's rise to power...

Filoni:

Favreau:

Zenwolf
Well it only took how long? 5 years for them to finally start this in how the FO rose? Should have done sooner, but better late than never I suppose. Hopefully it's interesting.

Robtard

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch
My nigga Carl Weathers looking great at 71 years old thumb up

I feel the need for speed.

Galan007
Interesting article:
https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/05/inside-the-mandalorian-star-wars/

Zenwolf
Oh jeez, is IG-11 gonna be the comic relief?..."Like a child with a gun."

That kinda kills it for me..the character I mean. But maybe on screen it'll be different, but the way that was sounding...

Also guess further confirmation Boba and Jango aren't Mandos in this continuity.

ares834
Yes, he will be. He is being voiced by Taika Waititi. I'm fine with a comedic droid like HK-47 but I doubt they will go that angle. And even if they do, the voice actor's voice is incredibly grating and I don't see it working.

Darth Thor
Interesting article:
https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/05/inside-the-mandalorian-star-wars/

Moff Gideon laughing out loud

I like the tag line - A New Hope for Tv,

Very fitting given this show has given hope to the Star Wars franchise again after the crap fest ST.

Zenwolf
Moff Gideon laughing out loud

I like the tag line - A New Hope for Tv,

Very fitting given this show has given hope to the Star Wars franchise again after the crap fest ST.

Which it honestly shouldn't be this way to begin with....but here we are.

Zenwolf
Wellp, apparently this show is gonna have political messaging. I just hope it's not like..about our own RL stuff and more SW related, but we'll see.

Galan007
Not surprised.

This is supposed to be set in a period of political instability: after the Empire was brought down, but before the New Republic was established and strong enough to police the galaxy with any sort of efficiency.

Like you said, I just don't want to see any real world political bleedover in the show... ermm

Galan007
Favreau was asked if this show would include characters like Thrawn and Mara Jade. His response:

...mmm

Filoni also talked about his excitement at seeing one of his creations come to life on this show:

...mhmm

Zenwolf

Galan007
Well I just wonder who it could be if that is true? As if it wouldn't be obvious, there's only 3 possible characters of his that could be. However given the premise of the show, probably Sabine. Sabine would definitely make the most sense, but you know Filoni would try to cram Ahsoka into this by any means possible.

Favreau's comment just gives me hope the we'll be seeing a very dynamic cast of characters. thumb up

Zenwolf
Sabine would definitely make the most sense, but you know Filoni would try to cram Ahsoka into this by any means possible.

Favreau's comment just gives me hope the we'll be seeing a very dynamic cast of characters. thumb up

Probably...I still feel like she should have died at the finale in Season 2...<.<

But anyway, here's hoping so long as they aren't some kinda platform for ridiculous agendas about the real world that have nothing to do with SW.

Darth Thor
Probably...I still feel like she should have died at the finale in Season 2...<.<

Or indefinitely trapped in limbo.

Her being around post ROTJ is just retarded.

Filoni also talked about his excitement at seeing one of his creations come to life on this show:

...mhmm

You sure hes not referring to characters hes created for The Mandalorian?

That said, I fully expect TCW and/or Rebels characters to pop up at some point.

Galan007
Apparently Bill Burr is also in this? Didn't realize that...

juggernaut74
I hope we get to see live versions of Ahsoka, Ezra, and Sabine in this. They are still alive in this part of the timeline as far as I know but they might not be in the same galaxy.

Galan007
Evidently ~30mins of the show was released by Disney to a handful of journalists. Their reactions are overwhelmingly positive. thumb up

Zenwolf
I have a hard time trusting critics and journalists tbh.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah I mean TFA and TLJ have RT % scores in like the 90s and 80s respectively.

Galan007
I have a hard time trusting critics and journalists tbh. Same. Whether the reviews are good or bad, I always need to watch it for myself.

carthage
^ Yeah I mean TFA and TLJ have RT % scores in like the 90s and 80s respectively.

Still butthurt two years later hilarious

Zenwolf

It's not even just about SW, but rather everything these days....there's always some kinda agenda or false reports or whatever being written just for views or likes or to make 'entertainment'. Like just give me the truth, I don't care about all this nonsense or biased against so and so...your job is to write what is actually going on.

If you want to write a story, then become a novelist or something.

It's like there's no real journalism or critics anymore and you basically have to be an eye witness to get any kind of truth, which can be difficult or near impossible depending on what it is.

I mean I get critics are criticizing about something that can be viewed one way or the other, but be reasonable about it ya know?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
Still butthurt two years later hilarious

Lmao I think bringing Palpatine back shows whose truly butthurt.

Desperate Disney begging Prequel fans for their money now laughing out loud

I mean I get critics are criticizing about something that can be viewed one way or the other, but be reasonable about it ya know?

Except with those 2 films they didnt criticise. Like they all just turned a blind eye to the blatant faults in those films. And why? Because Disney has Star Wars now! Whoop!

carthage
Palpatine existed in the OT before the Prequels, butthurt Prequel fans have to ride the coattails of a superior trilogy

Your criticism sucks ass

No one looks back fondly on AOTC or TPM.

ares834
The Prequels are better than Disney Wars and Infinity War/Endgame.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
Palpatine existed in the OT before the Prequels, butthurt Prequel fans have to ride the coattails of a superior trilogy

Your criticism sucks ass

No one looks back fondly on AOTC or TPM.

He was introduced in the final film of the OT. But its the PT that developed him and made him as popular as he is today. He is Primarily a PT (and EU) Villain.

As for the rest you sound really butthurt laughing out loud

-Pr-
He was introduced in the final film of the OT. But its the PT that developed him and made him as popular as he is today. He is Primarily a PT (and EU) Villain.

As for the rest you sound really butthurt laughing out loud

Wait, what? He's the main antagonist in ROTJ. The prequels might have expanded on his story, but he was still very much a major villain in the OT.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait, what? He's the main antagonist in ROTJ. The prequels might have expanded on his story, but he was still very much a major villain in the OT.

He was obviously the main bad guy of ROTJ. But His popularity is mainly due to the prequels. Heck we didnt even get his name in ROTJ.

Vader was the main villain of the OT. Palpatine only in ROTJ with the purpose of making the main villain of the OT a sympathetic and redeemable character.

Bentley
Palpatine's whole schtick is appearing in third films for the sake of redeeming other characters really.

-Pr-
He was obviously the main bad guy of ROTJ. But His popularity is mainly due to the prequels. Heck we didnt even get his name in ROTJ.

Vader was the main villain of the OT. Palpatine only in ROTJ with the purpose of making the main villain of the OT a sympathetic and redeemable character.

Honestly, I'm not sure I agree. Though I can see why someone could see things your way, so I can't argue either.

Originally posted by Bentley
Palpatine's whole schtick is appearing in third films for the sake of redeeming other characters really.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I'm not sure I agree. Though I can see why someone could see things your way, so I can't argue either.

Fair enough.

On top of Palpatines return though there was the Maul cameo in Solo and then theres the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan series confirmed.

So does few like they are trying to get Prequel fans back on board. A big change given how when Force Awakens came out they were pretty much distancing themselves from all things Prequel.

Zenwolf
So 2nd trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

Again looks nice and actiony, but I'm still kinda skeptical given well...everything else. Just cause something is made by someone good, doesn't mean that it can't fail anyway.

Still from what's shown in the trailer, it looks neat. I just hope what the trailer shows, isn't all the good stuff.

Although wtf is that Trooper doing at 0:58?...His gun is clearly so far passed the door, that isn't necessary and gives you away..why?..

ares834
Looks solid; far better then the previous trailer. Looking forward to torrenting this. thumb up

steverules_2

Mendax
So 2nd trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

Again looks nice and actiony, but I'm still kinda skeptical given well...everything else. Just cause something is made by someone good, doesn't mean that it can't fail anyway.

Still from what's shown in the trailer, it looks neat. I just hope what the trailer shows, isn't all the good stuff.

Although wtf is that Trooper doing at 0:58?...His gun is clearly so far passed the door, that isn't necessary and gives you away..why?.. laughing out loud You are a habitual nitpicker when it comes to all things Disney. Your pessimism is almost comical at this point.

This trailer looks fantastic tho. Can't wait to watch this. big grin

Zenwolf

Galan007
So 2nd trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs Very much looking forward to this. thumb up

Darth Thor
Looks great. Just dont like this new trend of final trailers giving no clue to the plot.

Robtard
Looks great. Just dont like this new trend of final trailers giving no clue to the plot.

I like it actually. Looking forward to the story unfolding before me; not knowing.

Eight more days!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bentley
Palpatine's whole schtick is appearing in third films for the sake of redeeming other characters really. thumb up truest quote ever? Maybe!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
I like it actually. Looking forward to the story unfolding before me; not knowing.

Eight more days!

Lucky you.

We still have no confirmed date for Disney Plus here.

No idea how im gonna avoid spoilers...

they are really begging me to illegally download arent they?

Robtard
Lucky you.

We still have no confirmed date for Disney Plus here.

No idea how im gonna avoid spoilers...

they are really begging me to illegally download arent they?

They certainly seem to be doing just that.

What I'm doing and yes, I blame them for making me do it. I have no choice.

Galan007
The extremely brief synopses of the first 3 episodes...

Darth Thor
Interested to see how Filoni does directing live action.

Robtard
Happening tomorrow; my body is ready. Do not disappoint me.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
Happening tomorrow; my body is ready. Do not disappoint me.

I'll bring over the baby oil and PB

Stringer
Decent first episode I guess.

-Pr-
I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one.

carthage
Loved it so far

steverules_2
Better than TLJ

Galan007
First episode held my interest the entire time. Really enjoyed it, tbh, and am anxious to see where the season goes. thumb up

That said, thoughts on the Yoda baby..?

WolvesofBabylon
Really enjoyed it. Ready for more

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'll bring over the baby oil and PB

Oh baby...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>