Slavation or damnation? A new trilogy announced !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQm5FaZpYM

JKBart
slavation

Total Warrior
Salvation

Zenwolf
Not holding my breath, but kudos I suppose for putting that much faith into a director whose movie isn't out yet.

UCanShootMyNova
For the Disney Studio? It's gonna make them money. For us? It's going to offer us more mediocre adaptions set in a once grand universe. Maybe we'll get some cool stuff. So positive I guess?

Revanchiste
I awaited this for years but the people behind it eeerrrrrrrrfffff...

quanchi112
Great news. It's Disney's property and as long as it makes money and produces great films what's the issue. Disney is fantastic.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
Great news. It's Disney's property and as long as it makes money and produces great films what's the issue. Disney is fantastic.

The problem is, making more movies would set in fatigue eventually, making more movies also means the possibilities of said movies not living up to expectations.

Less would be more in such a case, we've already had 2 trilogies, now they're making a 3rd and 4th along with a bunch of anthology movies? So 12 movies total for all 4 trilogies + who knows how many anthology movies. You can see where Star Wars fatigue might set in and that isn't a good thing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The problem is, making more movies would set in fatigue eventually, making more movies also means the possibilities of said movies not living up to expectations.

Less would be more in such a case, we've already had 2 trilogies, now they're making a 3rd and 4th along with a bunch of anthology movies? So 12 movies total for all 4 trilogies + who knows how many anthology movies. You can see where Star Wars fatigue might set in and that isn't a good thing. Has that worked against marvel studios ? **** no. They are booming. Making bad movies hurts any brand but making good to great movies improves the brand.

They aren't going to run this into the ground. People complained with it being too few movies not too many. Quit complaining and see what occurs. Given Disney's track record I'd bet on them not against them. Never a better time in terms of being a nerd and what's in the works across the movie genre in general.

Emperordmb
If it is like Rebels, it shall be an embodiment of Gehenna just as Rebels is.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Rebels makes me think of Gehenna, a valley in Jerusalem where ****ed up shit like child sacrifice to Pagan gods and torturing people with fire used to happen before Jesus's time, then in Jesus's time it was a sewage dump area. Jesus mentioned it numerous times to make a point, and in numerous versions of the Bible Gehenna was translated to hell or was believed to be a metaphor for Hell.

So Gehenna... a place of torture and child sacrifice, a sewage dump, and what some people believe to be an allegory for hell... sums up Rebels pretty well.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
Has that worked against marvel studios ? **** no. They are booming. Making bad movies hurts any brand but making good to great movies improves the brand.

They aren't going to run this into the ground. People complained with it being too few movies not too many. Quit complaining and see what occurs. Given Disney's track record I'd bet on them not against them. Never a better time in terms of being a nerd and what's in the works across the movie genre in general.

Because Superheroes are the new thing right now, eventually that'll get old too.

Who says I'm complaining? I'm just saying is all what might happen.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Because Superheroes are the new thing right now, eventually that'll get old too.

Who says I'm complaining? I'm just saying is all what might happen. We are going on ten years and are getting more super hero films than ever and you're saying just one Star Wars film a year will burn out ? Seriously.

Anything can fail but I doubt it since Disney is behind the curtain. Infinity War is ten years in the making. It's never been a more exciting time for fantasy movie fans.

darthbane77
Slavation

Revanchiste
Super heroes are already old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.