Official "Ask a Star Wars expert" thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Gerald
I am a close friend of George Lucas and can answer all of your Star Wars questions with the accuracy of George Lucas, himself. I also have numerous other sources and have overseen the development of most Star Wars material, including the films. Please submit your questions and I will address them.

darthbane77

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Big Gerald
I am a close friend of George Lucas and can answer all of your Star Wars questions with the accuracy of George Lucas, himself. I also have numerous other sources and have overseen the development of most Star Wars material, including the films. Please submit your questions and I will address them.

Why did Lucas replace Aurra Sing with Zam Wessel?

Kurk
Why did Luke use a rock to push the button to close the door on the Ranchor in RotJ instead of using the force to push it?

JKBart
Who's in Gillard's tier 5 and 4

Why is it Shaak Ti in 4

Big Gerald
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Why did Lucas replace Aurra Sing with Zam Wessel?

Interesting question. This is something of an ongoing conspiracy involving Mr. Lucas and the Star Wars cosplay community. They saw greater potential for busty women wearing leather pants in Aurra Sing, so they decided to prolong her existence in the series (in TCW and in her AOTC cameo) while using Zam Wessel as the throwaway character, and also making her ugly to make sure the attention was placed on Aurra Sing for marketing purposes.

godemperortrump
How does Grievous take a shi.t

Big Gerald
Originally posted by JKBart
Who's in Gillard's tier 5 and 4

Why is it Shaak Ti in 4

I recently suggested the following changes to Nick, who immediately implemented them in private:

Shaak Ti moved to Tier 6 from Tier 7 due to her inconsistency as a duelist

Tiers 5 and 4 are entirely populated by the Rebels cast, who move up or down depending on whether they are angry, minus Ahsoka who is Tier 8 or 9 depending on how angry she is.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by Kurk
Why did Luke use a rock to push the button to close the door on the Ranchor in RotJ instead of using the force to push it?

At this point, he had been extensively training his physique and wanted to put these physical "gains" to the test by throwing heavy objects at things. This is also the primary factor in his defeat of Darth Vader, so this scene was actually meant to be foreshadowing of the fight on the Death Star.

Originally posted by godemperortrump
How does Grievous take a shi.t

General Grievous does not defecate. He is sustained by battery power.

|King Joker|

Unbowed
What did one prick say to the other prick?

Kurk

cs_zoltan
@Joker

To prevent Beni going Keving Spacey by giving him something to masturbate to.

TheMuser
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/811/296/9ab.png

Azronger
Are you the reincarnation of SuperShadow?

TheNuisanceBird
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Ahsoka's design either.

godemperortrump
Christ who cares. It's easier to jump and flip around in an outfit that isn't baggy, stop bitching about clothes you cuck.

Kurk
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Ahsoka's design either. Yeah, they could've made the curves a lot more poppin.

Originally posted by godemperortrump
Christ who cares. It's easier to jump and flip around in an outfit that isn't baggy, stop bitching about clothes you cuck.
Hell, animating Sidious fighting must have been a real-*****

TheNuisanceBird
^ Also probably why the Jedi Council didn't wear cloaks. Or why cloaks weren't that common anyways.

Big Gerald

Lord Lucien
I am a close friend of George Lucas and can answer all of your Star Wars questions Anyone here old enough to remember Supershadow? I miss the mid-2000s. *sigh*

Big Gerald
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Anyone here old enough to remember Supershadow? I miss the mid-2000s. *sigh*

My friend, are you unable to read other posts in the thread?

quanchi112
Lord Lucien is extremely old and forgetful. He also is a Kevin spacey fan so I wouldn't trust him.

Big Gerald
Disgusting. Though I had long suspected this forum is populated by the senile and sympathizers of sexual assault.

deathslash
Why is it that star wars antagonists continuously get killed off in the same movie that they do something awesome in?

JKBart
To demonstrate the brutality of the universe and the fact that "there's always a bigger fish".

UCanShootMyNova
Oh! LMAO. That's why Lucien changed his avatar. xD

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by deathslash
Why is it that star wars antagonists continuously get killed off in the same movie that they do something awesome in?
Because the TV shows that Lucas watched as a kid had a new villain every week.

Lucas wanted the same idea with the prequels, hence Maul, Dooku, and Grievous.

It's also present in the originals, albeit a lesser degree, with Tarkin and Boba.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Anyone here old enough to remember Supershadow? I miss the mid-2000s. *sigh*

Yep. And he was right all along about Episodes 7-9 being made. The guy knew his shit.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Because the TV shows that Lucas watched as a kid had a new villain every week.

Lucas wanted the same idea with the prequels, hence Maul, Dooku, and Grievous.

It's also present in the originals, albeit a lesser degree, with Tarkin and Boba. really wish he hadn't done that. Those characters had really great potential.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by deathslash
really wish he hadn't done that. Those characters had really great potential.

They weren't wasted though? They got plenty of material after their movie appearances. Unless you mean by just movies.

samappo
Nick Gillard gives massive praise to Sidious, including naming him anbidextrous, a master of all types of weapons and being a 9 as a duelist.

So let's get this settled right now. Who's the better duelist, Sidious or Yoda?

Lord Lucien
My friend, are you unable to read other posts in the thread? Yes. Because I skip them and go right to the ending. I like to know how it all ends.

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Oh! LMAO. That's why Lucien changed his avatar. xD I figured I should stop associating my image with a disgusting person.

carthage
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
@Joker

To prevent Beni going Keving Spacey by giving him something to masturbate to.

laughing out loud

Big Gerald
Originally posted by samappo
Nick Gillard gives massive praise to Sidious, including naming him anbidextrous, a master of all types of weapons and being a 9 as a duelist.

So let's get this settled right now. Who's the better duelist, Sidious or Yoda?

Sidious, most likely. Yoda does not have comparable praise from Nicholas, which is the most important thing in determining the strength of a character.

samappo
Okay, here's another question:

In TPH novelisation, Qui-Gon Jinn almost kills Maul. He "stymies" the Sith and Maul was able to jump away milliseconds before he got cut down. After that, Jinn exhausted all of his strength.

So, who would win in a straight one v one on flat ground? Jinn or Maul? And would it be close?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.