Lady Bird (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Don't see very many 100% films on RT...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_bird

cNi_HC839Wo

Patient_Leech

|King Joker|

BruceSkywalker
I need to see this

marwash22
Not the type of movie I'd see in theater, but I've heard good things from trusted sources and I plan on watching when it hits video.

'Call Me By Your Name' and 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri' are also in that category.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
Not the type of movie I'd see in theater, but I've heard good things from trusted sources and I plan on watching when it hits video.

Same here. It might not even be playing near me. I don't know, though. Haven't checked.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by marwash22

'Call Me By Your Name' and 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri' are also in that category. Three Billboards is great as well. Haven't seen CMBYN yet, though.

Flyattractor
Looks like a Pretensions piece of Shit.

Patient_Leech
^ It's pretentious because it doesn't have superheros in costumes and tons of stupid CGI?

Robtard
Not a bad film from what I watched, but I could not get into this and I stopped about 40ish min in. My wife loved it though. Might give it another go around in a few months, maybe I just didn't have the mindset at the time.

She also said the daughter-mother dynamic was key here, something I can't obviously relate to personally.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
NShe also said the daughter-mother dynamic was key here, something I can't obviously relate to personally.

Ah. Hm. Well, I still plan to give it a chance anyway.

Patient_Leech
I watched this. It's well done and well acted, but not my cup of tea.

I got a few irreverent chuckles from it, but overall it's basically just an annoying coming-of-age movie.

tkitna
I hated it. The acting was good (especially Laura Metcalf), but the story was 'after school special' cringe worthy.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, it sucked. Especially in retrospect.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ It's pretentious because it doesn't have superheros in costumes and tons of stupid CGI?

No. Because it looks like a Napoleon Dynamite WannaBe.

And you just back it cause of its 'Make Fun of Religion" content.

You would 100% Tomato Rate it for that no matter what it was about.

eek!

Patient_Leech
^ Well you'll be pleased to know that I hated it, Fly.

But not because it's bad. It's very well done. But because it's simply not my cup of tea. In retrospect it's really just annoying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.