What if all of the Naboo soldiers fired upon Maul in TPM?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
What if Qui-Gon instructed all of the Royal Naboo security force personnel to immediately shoot Maul the moment the sliding doors opened? Assume Maul is unprepared and has to fumble with his lightsaber. ~20-30 guns aimed at him.

Darth Abonis
Finally a good one!!! Sorry, but a lot of your scenarios are silly, Family Guy-esque. This is actually a very good point. I think if Qui-Gon was smart he would have done this, but he is a Jedi and believes in the Force and is arrogant, which we see earlier in TPM, when he tells Padme to trust his judgement. He assumes that Maul is only something him and another Jedi can handle, when in reality, it would definitely give Maul a hard time to have everybody blast him.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Finally a good one!!! Sorry, but a lot of your scenarios are silly, Family Guy-esque. This is actually a very good point. I think if Qui-Gon was smart he would have done this, but he is a Jedi and believes in the Force and is arrogant, which we see earlier in TPM, when he tells Padme to trust his judgement. He assumes that Maul is only something him and another Jedi can handle, when in reality, it would definitely give Maul a hard time to have everybody blast him. I get my inspiration from Robot Chicken and SW YTPs

DarthAnt66
It would be too risky. The Queen needed to survive for the plan to work. Her and her force shooting at Maul would risk them being engaged with Maul and possibly killed.

Indeed, that's what I think would happen. While non-Canon, I imagine a similar situation to the following would occur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE&t=47s

Zenwolf
Legends? Maul already went through far worse, this would have done nothing other than having everyone get killed.

Disney? Well who knows, cause it seems numbers are more a factor in this one.

godemperortrump
Maul Pong Krell's them.

Kurk
I regret making this thread. The image of Maul slicing and dicing beautiful Padme makes me want to an hero.

Lord Lucien
Yeah... yeah what IF?

ILS
Then we wouldn't have had him in TCW or Rebels.

What a result that would have been...

Greysentinel365
In Canon he dies

In Legends he wrecks

TheNuisanceBird
If he doesn't get immediately gunned down and can draw his saberstaff he could take out a great deal of them before leaving himself open to Qui-Gon and Kenobi.

Big Gerald
He would have put up enough of a fight that multiple soldiers and the queen could have died. Better to simply sacrifice Liam Neeson for the greater good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.