Steven Spielberg Best Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

digiosmosis
Which is the best movie of Steven Spielberg?

steverules_2
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm thinking the first three Indiana Jones films are high on the list. And some favorites of mine...

Jurassic Park

Minority Report

Saving Private Ryan

Jaws

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by steverules_2
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark This. So much.

Underrated Spielberg? Minority Report....love that movie.

jaden101
Duel

Because **** you.

roughrider
1. Saving Private Ryan.
2. Schindler's List.
3. Jaws
4. Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
5. E.T.

I think Raiders Of The Lost Ark would have been top five at one time, but The Big Bang Theory ruined it for me.

Impediment
Jaws, CEotTK, and Raiders.

Zack M
Saving Private Ryan/Jurassic Park

Inhuman
The Terminal

ares834
Jurassic Park.

Slowpoke
Schindler's List

relentless1
Jurassic Park hands down. The wonder, the style and grace of the Dinos with great visuals that still hold up to this day; the cross appeal for both adults and kids. It also struck a great balance between fun and dark subject matter and on top of all that improved upon the original novels ending also, not many films based on novels can say that.

Insane Titan
Saving private Ryan and SL

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by relentless1
Jurassic Park hands down. The wonder, the style and grace of the Dinos with great visuals that still hold up to this day; the cross appeal for both adults and kids. It also struck a great balance between fun and dark subject matter and on top of all that improved upon the original novels ending also, not many films based on novels can say that.

I agree with all of that except that it improves the ending of the novel. That's not true at all. The novel ends with the raptors looking to get off the island which is badass. The movie ends with the T-rex saving the day in sort of cheesy fashion.

The Lost
Schindler's List or Catch Me If You Can.

Darth Martin
Schindler's List or Munich.

relentless1
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I agree with all of that except that it improves the ending of the novel. That's not true at all. The novel ends with the raptors looking to get off the island which is badass. The movie ends with the T-rex saving the day in sort of cheesy fashion.

nah the movie and the book go for two different things; the book plays up the dangers of science why more than the movie while the movie focuses more on the childlike wonder and danger the dinosaurs themselves represent; I guess its all up to your tastes in approach but going the way of fascination and wonder for the film made it way better than adapting the novel fully ever would have

Patient_Leech
^ Good point. I agree that the childlike wonder and awe was the right way to go with the movie because it's a kind of spectacle adventure film, and therefore the ending was fitting. It just goes to show the difference between film and book. They're different mediums and require different approaches.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.