Andy Serkis on Snoke: Is he more powerful than Darth Vader and the Emperor? "Oh, with

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://i.imgur.com/hB7ANif.jpg

Azronger
So he is more powerful because he has "limitless resources." So this in referenve to political power, not mastery of the dark side.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's way more retarded that Snoke is more politically powerful tho

DarthAnt66
Nah, I think it's Force power. Sidious is unquestionably more politically powerful - he owns the galaxy and has the largest army ever.

I think Snoke will be using external sources to fuel his powers - perhaps said power is what Sidious felt calling him in the Aftermath books.

DarthAnt66
Plus, it doesn't make sense of including Vader in the question if it's political power-based.

Greysentinel365
All the protagonists are weaker and the main villain is stronger. I can't wait to see the PIS in IX where they beat him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Plus, it doesn't make sense of including Vader in the question if it's political power-based.
Lulz.

Since when is a question dependent on the answer, and not the other way around?

ares834

Azronger
thumb up

That's literally what Serkis says, no twisting it. Whether it makes sense to you personally is irrelevant.

Nephthys
I think Snoke will be using external sources to fuel his powers - perhaps said power is what Sidious felt calling him in the Aftermath books.

InB4 nexus chat.

Rebel95
Nah, I think it's Force power. Sidious is unquestionably more politically powerful - he owns the galaxy and has the largest army ever.

thumb up
I don't think he's talking about political power.

Azronger
Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all.

ares834

Azronger
If Snoke actually turns out to have characteristics to fundamentally separate him from Sheev, then perhaps I will not have such an issue with his probable superiority, but as of now it looks like he'll be joining Vitiate in the club of cheap Palpatine knockoffs.

Rockydonovang
In fairness, I liked what I saw of Snoke in the trailer, Andy Serkis has great line delivery and is a great actor.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Azronger
Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all.
Why would it be "retarded"?

If anything you should rejoice. You can now chortle the balls of a character that has a genuine claim at being the strongest Dark Sider.

FreshestSlice
Because this isn't Dragon Ball, and no one gives a shit about villains just because they escalate in power.

Azronger
thumb up

Azronger
Originally posted by Unbowed
Why would it be "retarded"?

If anything you should rejoice. You can now chortle the balls of a character that has a genuine claim at being the strongest Dark Sider.

I could already do that with the Son, but given your intellectual myopia, I'm not surprised you haven't yet understood that it isn't about power levels.

Unbowed
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because this isn't Dragon Ball, and no one gives a shit about villains just because they escalate in power.
Then don't give a shit. What exactly is the problem? The movie hasn't even come out yet. We don't yet know what Snoke is about. Besides, from the little we've seen of him, Snoke is more compelling as a character and better acted than the cheese that was McDiarmid's Emperor in the OT

As much as they attempt to deny it's not about power levels, Sheev fans doth protest too much. Until now they've been able to use his role in the movies to lord it over EU characters that are blatantly stronger than him. Now that another movie character is going to be stronger than him, they have nowhere to turn to. laughing

Kurk
Bow down to Snoke:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JuJLT2MtIPY/maxresdefault.jpg

Azronger
Tempest must've really caused Unbowed's psyche to snap lmao.

The_Tempest
Let's wait til the movie comes out before we pass judgment. The context for this is more than a bit wonky and Ian McDiarmid said Palpatine was "500 times as fast" as any Jedi.

Then don't give a shit. What exactly is the problem? The movie hasn't even come out yet. We don't yet know what Snoke is about. Besides, from the little we've seen of him, Snoke is more compelling as a character and better acted than the cheese that was McDiarmid's Emperor in the OT

As much as they attempt to deny it's not about power levels, Sheev fans doth protest too much. Until now they've been able to use his role in the movies to lord it over EU characters that are blatantly stronger than him. Now that another movie character is going to be stronger than him, they have nowhere to turn to. laughing

It's ironic that your KMC career is defined by Sheev as much as anybody's.

Unbowed
Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's ironic that your KMC career is defined by Sheev as much as anybody's.
Stalking me again?

And lol @ "career". All I'm doing on this forum is slumming it. I barely average one or two posts a week, and as soon as I post you appear and quote me. Why do you keep following me around like a bad smell?

The_Tempest
Stalking me again?

And lol @ "career". All I'm doing on this forum is slumming it. I barely average one or two posts a week, and as soon as I post you appear and quote me. Why do you keep following me around like a bad smell?

As has been explained to you before, you seem interested in attracting my attention by spending all your time here exclusively posting about Sheev in Sheev threads. I'm just gracious enough to give you what you're looking for.

Unbowed
As has been explained to you before, you seem interested in attracting my attention by spending all your time here exclusively posting about Sheev in Sheev threads. I'm just gracious enough to give you what you're looking for.
Do you even hear yourself talking?

I'd be curious to know your results on this test: https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/SD3/

LordOfTheLight

Just a little further and you'll put the Red Sea to shame.

FreshestSlice

I know you're clinically retarded and all, but don't ask questions you don't want the answer to. All this irrelevant rambling about Sidious is honestly embarrassing.

Unbowed
I know you're clinically retarded and all, but don't ask questions you don't want the answer to. All this irrelevant rambling about Sidious is honestly embarrassing.
I didn't ask you a question, did I? You butted in, and your answer made no sense. I asked why is it retarded for Snoke to be more powerful than Sidious and your answer was because "this isn't Dragon Ball". So no villain in fiction is allowed to be more powerful than the previous one because it breaks some bullshit rule you made up in your head?

And how is my rambling about Sidious irrelevant in this thread? This thread is about a direct comparison between him and Snoke. What else would be relevant if not talk about Sidious and Snoke? Do you even know the meaning of the word "irrelevant"? And you call me a retard.

I know Tempest and I have our differences, but at least I can tell in terms of intelligence he's one or two standard deviations above the norm. But you... maybe the comments section on youtube would suit you better.

DarthAnt66
Unbowed's fall from grace to a deranged lunatic is pretty amusing.

Greysentinel365
It was too early in the morning to read this thread.

FreshestSlice
I didn't ask you a question, did I? You butted in, and your answer made no sense. I asked why is it retarded for Snoke to be more powerful than Sidious and your answer was because "this isn't Dragon Ball". So no villain in fiction is allowed to be more powerful than the previous one because it breaks some bullshit rule you made up in your head?

You're an idiot. I don't need to be asked the question to answer it, and my answer makes complete and total sense to anyone with even an ounce of sense. We need more than just power to make a villain interesting. Just increasing the power for no reason is retarded. It's really not that hard, which is exactly what Azro said.

It's irrelevant because Sidious had nothing to do with the point being made outside of a very tenuous connection. No one cares about how strong Snoke is. But you took the opportunity to rant because you can't put more thought into your replies besides, "LMAO, Sidious is bad, his fans dumb. Yarg."

>universally hailed as the most stupid person on the forum
>has the gall to talk about my intelligence

Though regardless, whether I be as dumb as you, and thank God I'm not, or as smart as Einstein, the point is the same. My reply was not hard to grasp, and if you think it was, you're beyond idiotic.

godemperortrump
So he is more powerful because he has "limitless resources." So this in referenve to political power, not mastery of the dark side.
Dry those tears cuck.

Unbowed
You're an idiot. I don't need to be asked the question to answer it, and my answer makes complete and total sense to anyone with even an ounce of sense. We need more than just power to make a villain interesting. Just increasing the power for no reason is retarded. It's really not that hard, which is exactly what Azro said.
https://new3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Blank+_20d420a2c306e2b51017227082f43339.jpg

I took the opportunity to rant because I know how easy it is to trigger you guys and have you frothing at the mouth. Case in point.laughing out loud

Sure, sure. Posture all you want but this is obviously a sore spot for you.

Judging by the way you casually toss around terms like "retard" and "dumbest person on the forum" while at the same time being insulted that I have the "gall" to question your intelligence, I can infer that you're really insecure about it and projecting it on other people. It's the most common defense for a fragile ego and low self-esteem.

I want to tell you that it's okay, you're enough just the way you are. hug

NewGuy01
erm

When will people learn that no one finds the, "anyone who's mean to me is just insecure," narrative compelling? Especially when it's coming from the guy who just accused someone of electronically stalking him. laughing out loud

Azronger
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Dry those tears cuck.

Talking eases one's pain. If you wanna talk about how your dad beat you as a child, dressed in a Sheev costume, I'll listen.

Unbowed
Originally posted by NewGuy01

When will people learn that no one finds the, "anyone who's mean to me is just insecure," narrative compelling? Just because it's trite doesn't mean it's not true. If I were to accuse you out of nowhere of being ugly, and after you returned the favor I would be offended at the "gall" you have for questioning my looks, that would reveal something about me.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Especially when it's coming from the guy who just accused someone of electronically stalking him. laughing out loud
That's not a baseless accusation when it comes to him. Anyone else sure, but him? Check his posting history. At first I was just kidding around but the facts are the facts. I barely post, and never engage him in conversation and debate. He always hounds me from thread to thread and then he frames it as if he's being gracious and indulging me.

Wouldn't you feel a little apprehensive?

godemperortrump
Talking eases one's pain. If you wanna talk about how your dad beat you as a child, dressed in a Sheev costume, I'll listen.
This was actually pretty funny.

The_Tempest
That's not a baseless accusation when it comes to him. Anyone else sure, but him? Check his posting history. At first I was just kidding around but the facts are the facts. I barely post, and never engage him in conversation and debate. He always hounds me from thread to thread and then he frames it as if he's being gracious and indulging me.

Wouldn't you feel a little apprehensive?

The reason no one's convinced by this is because you go from thread to thread obsessed with Sheev. Sheev dominates your posts here. You crave my attention, you're just too shy to directly ask for it. FreshestSlice and others have pointed this out to you before.

The fact that your post count is relatively low doesn't really mean anything when I'm apparently the only reason you come here at all.

Azronger
Unbowed's fall from grace to a deranged lunatic is pretty amusing.

What grace? He's been on about Krayt > Sidious since the very day he joined lmao.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=588048

Date registered: Nov 26th, 2013
Date the above thread was created: Nov 26th, 2013

Unbowed
The reason no one's convinced by this is because you go from thread to thread obsessed with Sheev. Sheev dominates your posts here. You crave my attention, you're just too shy to directly ask for it. FreshestSlice and others have pointed this out to you before.

The fact that your post count is relatively low doesn't really mean anything when I'm apparently the only reason you come here at all.
Is that so? Then let me state it plainly: you can safely stop quoting me and following me around from thread to thread. Your kindness is not required, you don't need to indulge me. There.

It should be easy enough to stop stalking me now.

Unbowed
What grace? He's been on about Krayt > Sidious since the very day he joined lmao.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=588048

Date registered: Nov 26th, 2013
Date the above thread was created: Nov 26th, 2013
Krayt>FOTJ Luke>DE Sidious cool

Azronger
Still waiting for you to accept my challenge to debate you on the issue: Luke and Sheev vs Krayt and Kun, or just Sheev vs Krayt and Kun. You pick.

The_Tempest
Is that so? Then let me state it plainly: you can safely stop quoting me and following me around from thread to thread. Your kindness is not required, you don't need to indulge me. There.

It should be easy enough to stop stalking me now.

Oh hush now.

This is analogous to you camping outside my house and expecting me not to answer when you repeatedly knock.

Don't be bashful.

Unbowed
Still waiting for you to accept my challenge to debate you on the issue: Luke and Sheev vs Krayt and Kun, or just Sheev vs Krayt and Kun. You pick.
Debate deez nuts.*grabs crotch*

Haschwalth
Krayt>FOTJ Luke>DE Sidious cool

Malak>Krayt

Darth Abonis
I'm speculative of Snoke being more powerful than Palpatine. I believe that he is a master of Force drain, and steals essence of Force sensitives, but is physically weak and Palpatine could take out his lightsaber and kill him

Haschwalth
It doesn't matter anyway, Legends Sidious would shred snoke to pieces.

Lord Stark

Oh hush now.

This is analogous to you camping outside my house and expecting me not to answer when you repeatedly knock.

Don't be bashful.

Holy shit my sides laughing laughing

TheMuser
So basically more ambiguous quotes from cannon this time.....Yay.....

Azronger
Originally posted by Haschwalth
It doesn't matter anyway, Legends Sidious would shred snoke to pieces.

Yesh, my dude.

godemperortrump
Putting my Sheev hate aside for a moment, I don't know if Snoke will be allowed to be more powerful than Sidious...

The_Tempest
Snoke is repeatedly referred to as powerful, but I don't think we'll see much of him by way of combat.

Azronger
Cool, so Sheev may still retain his paramountcy even in Canon.

ares834

The_Tempest
Looking through the rest of the guide, there's definitely more ESB rehashing than I'd like.

Azronger
I never had an issue with the idea. He did it to showboat, to humiliate his enemy - to show them that he was better than them in every way, shape or form. They were toys to him, literally, and dueling was an egotistical and narcissistic - not a practical - exercise. That's keeping in-character. It's not like he really needed them.

Azronger
Looking through the rest of the guide, there's definitely more ESB rehashing than I'd like.

My expectations would drop, except that they're already as low as they could be.

Unbowed
I guess it's fitting for the most powerful character in the saga to outgrow the lightsaber and the silly Jedi dueling games. thumb up

The_Tempest
An intriguing theory about Snoke's origins from leaked photos of the Last Jedi Visual Dictionary...

FreshestSlice
Yeah, got the same gist. On the upside, it's longer than ESB, so something should be original.

slayne
'Resources' is a broad term - it could mean anything from military strength to Force power/reserves; though given the context (and the way the ST seems to be handling power levels) I'd probably go with the latter interpretation.

UCanShootMyNova
Did you mean the former? If not, then why do you think it's implying Force power?

FreshestSlice
Snoke is supposed to be a cripple who can barely move. Seems legit for super powerful.

The_Tempest
Yeah, got the same gist. On the upside, it's longer than ESB, so something should be original.

Johnson's a more imaginative director than Abrams, so I hope so. The new prevailing Snoke theory is kinda interesting.

Azronger
the most powerful character in the saga

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPzLXQYb2Bn5PLG/giphy.gif

Just wait till you see it. Sheev stomps Snoke.

Ursumeles
Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all. ur wrong

relentless1
LOL wait until Monday and then when you all who have seen ep 8 you can concede all power to Lord Sidious; the TRUE Force master. As ive known since Force Awakens Snoke is nothing but the Wizard of Oz; all smoke and mirrors no real power whatsoever

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
ur wrong

Yeah, I'll give Rian props for making Snoke an even bigger failure than Vitiate was. thumb up

And yes, I do think that was entirely intentional. He knew Snoke could never live up to the Emperor. They could've gone the Plagueis route but it was a safer choice to make him a Vitiate-type nobody.

The Merchant
Snoke is weak

Unbowed
Originally posted by relentless1
LOL wait until Monday and then when you all who have seen ep 8 you can concede all power to Lord Sidious; the TRUE Force master. As ive known since Force Awakens Snoke is nothing but the Wizard of Oz; all smoke and mirrors no real power whatsoever
Rey> Luke
Kylo> Vader
Snoke> Emperor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDtFnpNOfE

relentless1
Rey> Luke
Kylo> Vader
Snoke> Emperor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDtFnpNOfE

lol you see the movie yet??

playa1258
What will be funnier, Snoke vs Palpatine or Luke vs STID Khan?

quanchi112
Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all. You're biased and upset given your fervent worship over the guy with no back strength. Look at the man's posture he needs the force to strength his back muscles. Snoke is more powerful just as the First Order is more powerful than the empire. No amount of poor comprehension can twist the meaning of what these words mean you insufferable baboon.

quanchi112

As much as they attempt to deny it's not about power levels, Sheev fans doth protest too much. Until now they've been able to use his role in the movies to lord it over EU characters that are blatantly stronger than him. Now that another movie character is going to be stronger than him, they have nowhere to turn to. laughing You can already see the over defensive response of Azronger to misinterpret a very easy to understand quote from Serkis. He's upset because to me it's always about power levels. He's a fanboy with nothing between his legs when anyone challenges him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
LOL wait until Monday and then when you all who have seen ep 8 you can concede all power to Lord Sidious; the TRUE Force master. As ive known since Force Awakens Snoke is nothing but the Wizard of Oz; all smoke and mirrors no real power whatsoever Snoke showed off far more power unrivaled in this film. The wizard of oz had no power whatsoever to blatant and despicable lying won't help Palpatine. The new trilogy has more raw strength and power in the Skywalker as well as Rey. Snoke is above them in force power. It wasn't close.

Trocity
Yeah, I'll give Rian props for making Snoke an even bigger failure than Vitiate was. thumb up

And yes, I do think that was entirely intentional. He knew Snoke could never live up to the Emperor. They could've gone the Plagueis route but it was a safer choice to make him a Vitiate-type nobody.

Power aside, there is nothing about Snoke that is remotely comparable to Sidious. Not how he talks, no unique mannerisms, nothing cool about him. The most memorable thing about him is how ****ing ugly he is.

quanchi112
Iyo not mine. Better voice, better presence, better robe all around better character.

The Merchant
Snoke was literally presented as a guy trying really hard to be Palpatine.

Haschwalth
and we still know jack shit about him, and how TF did he get so powerful

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Merchant
Snoke was literally presented as a guy trying really hard to be Palpatine. Iyo but that has nothing to do with him being more powerful. Your bias betrays you.

FreshestSlice
The autism being exhibited in this thread is pretty ****ing hilarious tbh.

Nephthys
Am I the only one who thinks Snoke may come back?

It kind of felt like what he was saying was a bit too on the nose for the situation and hes still a huge mystery.

Also if he is Plagueis....

ares834
Dead as a door nail. Good riddance.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys

It kind of felt like what he was saying was a bit too on the nose for the situation and hes still a huge mystery.

Nah I think he's dead.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nephthys

Well cut in half, the huge ship blowing up. The only way he comes back would be as a spirit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.