Skywalker Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samappo
Hey, got some questions on Anakin and Luke, since I really can't remember where the canon references are.

1. I can't remember what Lucas said about this, but does Luke have the exact same force potential as Anakin? Half ? Somewhere inbetween ? I always imagined it as half.

2. Luke is known to have a sort of "intuition" skill that allowed him to go up against the likes of Darth Vader with very little formal training by mirroring his opponent's lightsaber technique. Was this unique to Luke or did Anakin have this ability as well ?

3. Is Dark Side RoTS Anakin stronger than Sidious? I'm pretty sure if he went up against Yoda, Vader would win.

Greysentinel365
1. Yes, Luke does. X2 of Palps

2.Seems to be unique to Luke but the growth of Force Users is so inconsistent it amounts to little.

3. In terms of raw power he's on par. In an actual fight he would likely lose due to their superior mastery IMO

DarthAnt66
-

DarthAnt66

godemperortrump
Look this Anakin wank was fun to downgrade Sidious and Yoda, but let's be serious now. He loses to both.

Azronger
How would it downgrade them, lmao? It would just elevate Anakin, and by proxy, RotJ Sheev. So I'm on board with it.

On topic:

1. No, he doesn't have Anakin's potential, and Anakin's potential is way higher than twice of Sidious.

2. Anakin should have it as well.

3. They're on the same level in power. Who is definitively stronger is debatable. I'd wager Anakin loses regardless given Sidious' mastery and versatility.

LordOfTheLight
The above two statements are what George has published about the matter. If you notice, he never says Luke is as powerful as Anakin. Rather, he states that Luke could be "this really super guy" or "somebody who would be more powerful than he was."

Eh, no. He literally says this:

He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that.

Explicitly saying that Luke could become what Anakin was supposed to become. In other words, Luke's potential=Anakin's potential, or at the very least, comparable. Also, you are misinterpreting what Lucas himself said. The "super powerful" and "extremely powerful" are not in reference to Luke, but to Anakin. The only thing of relevance he has said about Luke, is that he could become what Anakin was supposed to become. The purpose of the paragraph, from Lucas's viewpoint is to deliver that message.

I agree that EU has tamed him down a bit when facing off against Abeloth, That doesn't mean that his potential itself, is lesser than that of Anakin. Quite aside from the fact that the S&D vs Abeloth "battle" is a cycle that ranges across eons whenever Abeloth becomes strong enough to escape( presumably when chaos runs wild across the galaxy), Luke himself obviously hasn't actualized his potential, even by FOTJ.

samappo
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Look this Anakin wank was fun to downgrade Sidious and Yoda, but let's be serious now. He loses to both.

He's not that far off of Sidious and Yoda. Firstly, he has at least double the force potential/raw power as Sidious , AND he is a 9 in lightsaber dueling. The only other two in this category in the movies are Sidious and Yoda. Nick Gillard:

"Level nine, the highest level of lightsaber fighting, is occupied by a small number of capable sword masters, including Yoda and Darth Sidious. At so high a ranking, it comes down to individual fighting styles as well as the circumstances of the surroundings that make a difference." "

godemperortrump
Nick Gillard's opinion is irrelevant to me.

samappo
Ah, I see. Your personal view > Gillard/Lucas fact. Fair enough I guess... but don't forget to add "imo" when you say such stuff, because it's what you want it to be, not what's actually factual within the canon.

DarthAnt66
I find it funny four people have read the same quote and thus far 2 have posted one interpretation of it and then the other two have posted the actual opposite.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by samappo

1. I can't remember what Lucas said about this, but does Luke have the exact same force potential as Anakin? Half ? Somewhere inbetween ? I always imagined it as half.

He never explicitly says that Luke has the same potential as Anakin. What he does say is that Luke has the potential to be the kind of super-Sith that Palpatine had wanted Anakin to be, and that Vader never could be.

Either way, half is too low of an estimate; that's about where Palpatine himself sits, as per Lucas

It wasn't so much a special skill as it was Luke being a natural who picked things up quickly. If you're asking if Anakin also had that sort of innate talent, then the answer would be yes.

Is he stronger? Probably. Does that mean he'd win against the older, more experienced masters? Maybe.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Azronger
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Either way, half is too low of an estimate; that's about where Palpatine himself sits, as per Lucas

No, Lucas never said Anakin's potential is twice of Sidious', or that Palpatine's is half of Anakin's. He said that Vader can no longer be twice of Sidious, meaning that Anakin could have been but in no way does that restrict Anakin to merely 200 % of Palpatine. After the Mortis arc, it's fair to conclude his potential is a fair bit higher than that, with him ragdolling the Ones, you know. Unless you for some reason believe Sheev is on the level of the Son or the Daughter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.