2017 Game of the Year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
You know the drill. Vote and discuss which game in the 2017 lineup reigns supreme.

With so many good games out this year and the number of entries I can put on the poll is limited, you can vote on Other and share your opinion what you believe is GOTY.

Arachnid1
Divinity 2 killed everything, and it wasn't even close.

That said, I voted for The Evil Within 2, because I'm biased when it comes to that series.

ares834
I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but even I know that Persona 5 is a glaring omission from your options.

Anyways, it's gotta be BotW. Not since Witcher 3 have I been so enthralled with a game.

Nibedicus

Adam Grimes
Persona 5 hands down

Nemesis X
Whoops. Thought I forgot something. Gonna see if I can get Persona 5 in there later. My bad.

Bentley
Pokken Tournament DX!!!!!1111

Impediment
Fixed the poll.

Bentley
Poll is still broken, shitty Nintendo games are still there.

emporerpants
BoTW for sure. Haven't had this sense of adventure in a game since I was a kid. I will always love this game for instilling in me a child like sense of wonder again.

Zack Fair
Breath of the Wild followed closely by Persona 5.

Ironic considering I'm actually playing through P5 a second time(A rarity for me these days)

BackFire
BotW and it's not even close imo. That game was an incredible achievement in world building and overworld design. Never before have I experienced such a desire to aimlessly explore a world.

And this is coming from someone who historically isn't very big on Zelda games.

Nephthys
Interesting. My impression was that Mario Odyssey was considered the wholey better game than BotW and it wasn't bogged down by a shitty stamina system or weapon durability mechanic either.

Persona, Divinity or Nier for me.

BackFire
I liked Zelda more than Odyssey, and generally I like Mario more than Zelda games. Thought the weapon durability mechanic was fine, but I understand why some wouldn't like it.

Nephthys
Yeah, the system is completely anathema to what I like about games so I judge it very harshly.

This year has been absolutely amazing in terms of games quality though. Ironic because it's also seen a dramatic upsurge in industry bullshit. Every silver lining has a dark cloud I guess. I feel Divinity especially deserves more love than it gets for how much its raised the bar for RPG mechanics. Similarly I've heard that Zelda and Mario do the same for their genre's and exceeded all expectations. Nier brought back Yoko Taro's eclectic genius married with excellent gameplay and gamings most perfect ass. And Persona 5 is possibly the most stylish game ever made with oodles of charm.

All around one of the best years I've ever seen for games.

BackFire
Yeah this year will go down in history with 98, 2004 and 2007 as one of the best years in gaming history. There are several games that came out this year that would all be game of the year winners had they come out any other year.

Adam Grimes
Persona 5 is still better. Nerds.

Bentley
Persona 5 is a dime a dozen JRPG that will go into history as a generic but serviceable entry in a decent series. The physical representation of "nothing to see here, go on with your gaming".

CPT Space Bomb
Botw easy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Persona 5 is a dime a dozen JRPG that will go into history as a generic but serviceable entry in a decent series. The physical representation of "nothing to see here, go on with your gaming".

You're starting to sound like me.

Everyone raves about every Zelda game ever, and I just want to play LtTP. Definitely don't see how BoTW is better then all the "more of the same's" out there that aren't Zelda..

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Bentley
Persona 5 is a dime a dozen JRPG that will go into history as a generic but serviceable entry in a decent series. The physical representation of "nothing to see here, go on with your gaming". I only forgive you because you're french and don't know any better.

Bentley
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I only forgive you because you're french and don't know any better.

If the game was translated into french wih french voice acting it would be the best RPG of all time biscuits

Adam Grimes
You should make it happen.

Impediment

Bentley
BotW might win the game of the Year award against Games that aren't nearly as flawed. But that's just how games roll.

Smasandian
Horizons for me. I loved that game. Then Evil Within 2.

I think Zelda is overrated. There was a couple of really annoying things for me and very little story to speak of. As well, most of the side missions I played were crap.

I can understand why people loved it and that's cool but I can't see it. The only thing I did during the game was find shrines because that's the only thing I find extremely enjoyable. Personally, I despised the weapon durability system because it made finding chests completely pointless.

Khazra Reborn
Did Nioh come out this year? That game was pretty damn fun, good blend of Souls' and Onimusha.

jaden101
Just make The Witcher 3 again and be done with it.

Surtur
Breath of the Wild.

Adam Grimes
Holy shit I wish I could play that game

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Did Nioh come out this year? That game was pretty damn fun, good blend of Souls' and Onimusha.

Yeah it did come out this year...waiting on the Complete edition of that game

probably come out next year the Physical copy of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.