Aquaman Vs Blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/ab/98/0eab984265764c09c5bddfe19babe48f.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/45/11/e8/4511e86f804539ef3cd6ab5421153b6b--marvel-dc-comics-marvel-art.jpg

carver9
Where does the fight take place?

Smurph
If Blink is willing to maim or kill Arthur, she wins.

carver9
Exactly, which is the reason I asked where the battle take place. She could win this, easily.

riv6672
Forum fight.
No bloodlust crap.

-Pr-
I don't know how his durability would stack up to her shard things, tbh. I mean, if I had to guess I'd say he could take a few, but I can't be 100% certain.

Teleporting him away won't really do anything unless he's outside of the Earth's gravitational pull.

Sin I AM
Aquaman. For the majority

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
Forum fight.
No bloodlust crap.

Featureless environment then. She teleports 10 tons of the ground into Aquaman brain 10/10 and yes, she does kill.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't know how his durability would stack up to her shard things, tbh. I mean, if I had to guess I'd say he could take a few, but I can't be 100% certain.

Teleporting him away won't really do anything unless he's outside of the Earth's gravitational pull.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3108581-11.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3108582-12.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3108581-11.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3108582-12.jpg

You didn'y listen to the op, did you?

Sin I AM

That plus he cant distinguish 616 Blink from Exiles

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
That plus he cant distinguish 616 Blink from Exiles

Lol... that is exiles Blink (lolololol).

carver9

No bfr and no prep. None of that applies to what I said. She can simply throw her spear at the ground and teleport tons of it into Aquaman head. That requires no prep.

TethAdamTheRock
No bfr and no prep. None of that applies to what I said. She can simply throw her spear at the ground and teleport tons of it into Aquaman head. That requires no prep. It only got inside Hyperion because he vibrated

-Pr-
No bfr and no prep. None of that applies to what I said. She can simply throw her spear at the ground and teleport tons of it into Aquaman head. That requires no prep.

So you didn't read it, then. Right here:

Originally posted by riv6672
Forum fight.
No bloodlust crap.

And you seem to have conveniently forgotten that Aquaman has no qualms about killing either.

Sin I AM
Lol... that is exiles Blink (lolololol).

Did Riv mean 295 Clarice? He said no bloodlust and thats incompatible with Exiles version. Shes a killer...when pushed. Im sure the pic is just for shits and giggles.

carver9
616 Blink make things a lot worse for Author since she is a bloodlusted killer AND she can rip people from existence with her powers.

Sin I AM
616 Blink make things a lot worse for Author since she is a bloodlusted killer AND she can rip people from existence with her powers.

When did she become a killer?

carver9
When did she become a killer?

616 Blink was villain like. She snatched Arch Angel wins clean off of him.

-Pr-
She wasn't intentionally a villain. She was manipulated by Selene.

Sin I AM

She it took her awhile to shake selenes influence. PR have you gotten back into X books?

-Pr-
She it took her awhile to shake selenes influence. PR have you gotten back into X books?

Not really. I just remembered the scenes where Strange and Emma freed Blink of the spell Selene put on her and she had her mini-breakdown about how many people she'd killed.

I keep thinking I want to read X-Men Gold, but it isn't very good when I try it.

krisblaze
tbf I don't think sand would work on Aquaman.

King Hyperion's durability was a bit suspect at times, Namorita could snap his neck.

Sin I AM
Not really. I just remembered the scenes where Strange and Emma freed Blink of the spell Selene put on her and she had her mini-breakdown about how many people she'd killed.

I keep thinking I want to read X-Men Gold, but it isn't very good when I try it.

X men Gold...whos team is that Kittys?

-Pr-
X men Gold...whos team is that Kittys?

Yeah. I was only willing to give it a shot because of Colossus, but I really haven't found it that interesting or well-written.

The book with the teen X-Men sucks too, last I checked.

Smurph
Originally posted by krisblaze
tbf I don't think sand would work on Aquaman.

King Hyperion's durability was a bit suspect at times, Namorita could snap his neck. Aquaman would tank hundreds of pounds of sand teleported inside him?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Smurph
Aquaman would tank hundreds of pounds of sand teleported inside him?

Yes.

I assume most superhumanly durable people, including King Hyperion tbh, would tank that easily.

The kind of pressure it would generate wouldn't be nearly enough to do any lasting damage to his organs and so on.

Clearly I was off on KH though smile

riv6672
Its 616 Blink to keep things even.

This is the only x book i read regularly. It hasnt been bogged down by a dozen unnecessary crossovers. Yet.

Smurph
Yes.

I assume most superhumanly durable people, including King Hyperion tbh, would tank that easily.

The kind of pressure it would generate wouldn't be nearly enough to do any lasting damage to his organs and so on.

Clearly I was off on KH though smile It might not crush organs, but it would prevent organs from functioning. Doesn't matter if your lungs are intact if they're filled with sand.

Sin I AM
Yeah. I was only willing to give it a shot because of Colossus, but I really haven't found it that interesting or well-written.

The book with the teen X-Men sucks too, last I checked.

I think teen xmen got cancelled. Gold sucks. Idc 4 kitty as leader. You know my thoughts on astonishing. I still cant figure out y teen angel has fire wings. Or wtf happened to hope, cuckoos, etc.

-Pr-
I think teen xmen got cancelled. Gold sucks. Idc 4 kitty as leader. You know my thoughts on astonishing. I still cant figure out y teen angel has fire wings. Or wtf happened to hope, cuckoos, etc.

Me either.

They really need to fix basically everything Bendis did. Not that it was great before, but still.

krisblaze
It might not crush organs, but it would prevent organs from functioning. Doesn't matter if your lungs are intact if they're filled with sand.

We don't know how Aquamans physiology works.

Even seemingly humanoid creatures like Kryptonians are vastly different to humans.

Sin I AM

Even seemingly humanoid creatures like Kryptonians are vastly different to humans.

He is able to talk in water.

Smurph

Even seemingly humanoid creatures like Kryptonians are vastly different to humans. He's half human (unless there was a re-retcon?). He bleeds. Any human-sized circulatory system isn't going to work when filled with hundreds of pounds of sand. no expression

C'mon, guys.

-Pr-
Even if he could survive it, he has no way of expelling the sand unless he could flush his system somehow. Not that I can think of.

Unless the trident he has no can do some weird shit, but I haven't been keeping up on his latest stuff.

krisblaze
He's half human (unless there was a re-retcon?). He bleeds. Any human-sized circulatory system isn't going to work when filled with hundreds of pounds of sand. no expression

C'mon, guys.

Superman's not supposed to work with his heart cut in half either.

Viltrumites aren't supposed to keep going with their guts torn out, etc.

Even King Hyperion took a wholesome beating from two other Hyperions after that.

Arthur's accustomed to pressure at extreme depths so the sand wouldn't bloat him up like it did against KH.

And

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It only got inside Hyperion because he vibrated

DarkSaint85
Teth is really on point lately, kudos.

krisblaze
Yeah.

I'm not wholly convinced by my argument though, but I really do think there's a case to be made for "absurd injuries" not disabling superhumanly durable guys. Especially those who aren't strictly human.

-Pr-
For what it's worth, I don't think the sand would make him bloat either. I think his resistance to those kinds of pressures, even taking it all at once, would only do so much before his insides compressed it enough to need flushing.

TBH though, I don't see Blink using that attack. This isn't even Exiles Blink per the OPs decision.

riv6672
He is able to talk in water.
Its like Superman hearing in real time despite the speed of sound. laughing out loud

riv6672
TBH though, I don't see Blink using that attack. This isn't even Exiles Blink per the OPs decision.
Hell of a conversation though, dedpite not being applicable really.
Imagine if i -had- specified blood lust. huh

Zack M
Does Aquaman still have that trident that allows him to freeze, teleport, and create lightning? It was pretty much standard equipment. If so, he wins

Zack M
https://i.imgur.com/Nwg9k2c.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bU6Yxoe.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Does Aquaman still have that trident that allows him to freeze, teleport, and create lightning? It was pretty much standard equipment. If so, he wins
Interesting theory.
And yes he does.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack M

In the comics no. He lost it

carver9
616 Blink rips him from existence, easily. Or she teleport his legs off.

carver9
Here she teleports Arch Angel wings off...

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364082-teleports+archangels+wings+2.jpg

DarkSaint85

So Carver is using a mind controlled Blink?

She was influenced by Selene in that scan. Afterwards, she had a mental breakdown when Selene was purged.

We don't debate based on powersets here Carver.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

She was influenced by Selene in that scan. Afterwards, she had a mental breakdown when Selene was purged.

Lol, but you do though. Remember, Superman blitz around because he is dumb argument. I wouldn't call Blink dumb either. She could just teleport bricks into his legs until he is unable to fight. It wouldn't kill him but it would stop him.

Sin I AM

Saint do you know how many times has Warren lost his wings? Blink and Wolfsbane come to mind but Id swear there was more

DarkSaint85
Superman and Flash and WW all think and strategise in nano seconds, if not miliseconds. They can map entire strategies out in that time. Especially as they're usually put up against threats who are generally known to be incredibly powerful.

Showings of Blink doing so, especially against people she doesn't know? Someone who she probably thinks just talks to fish?

Lol you really can't argue this with me, as you never take their characters into account. Blink, on panel, was all cut up and was crying about hurting people when Selene was gone.

You think WW would do the same? Then you don't know her that well.

You think Midnighter would shed tears over using doors to win?

Deathstroke?

-Pr-
616 Blink rips him from existence, easily. Or she teleport his legs off.

She wouldn't do that unless she was under Selene's spell. Which she isn't anymore. You're attributing traits to her that she doesn't have unless she's mind-controlled.

Lol, but you do though. Remember, Superman blitz around because he is dumb argument. I wouldn't call Blink dumb either. She could just teleport bricks into his legs until he is unable to fight. It wouldn't kill him but it would stop him.

You're arguing powerset, not personality. Stop.

==

TBH, you could easily argue that Aquaman is more willing to kill than 616 Blink when she's not under someone's control. He's straight up murdered henchmen without a second thought.

leonidas
If Blink is willing to maim or kill Arthur, she wins.

yeah i'm having a hard time seeing arthur win this one too... sounds like she's being neutered a little bit too much... /shrug

carver9
Superman and Flash and WW all think and strategise in nano seconds, if not miliseconds. They can map entire strategies out in that time. Especially as they're usually put up against threats who are generally known to be incredibly powerful.

Showings of Blink doing so, especially against people she doesn't know? Someone who she probably thinks just talks to fish?

Lol you really can't argue this with me, as you never take their characters into account. Blink, on panel, was all cut up and was crying about hurting people when Selene was gone.

You think WW would do the same? Then you don't know her that well.

You think Midnighter would shed tears over using doors to win?

Deathstroke?

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364045-blink+of+an+eye.jpg

carver9
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364053-gone+before+strange+can+recite+an+incantation.jpg

carver9
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364058-too+fast+for+the+x+men+even+with+precog.jpg

DarkSaint85
What does any of that have to do with creating an entire battle plan in nanoseconds?????

Looool

Smurph
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It only got inside Hyperion because he vibrated Uh, no.

Hyperion vibrated to avoid the first javelin she threw.

The second one was thrown at sand because it would be much harder for him to avoid by vibration (hence the dialogue). Not only had he stopped hyper-vibrating (visible in panel two), it doesn't make any sense that vibrating would make him more susceptible to sand attack.

Iirc, in Exiles she also teleported a serum or solution from a syringe right into somebody's veins, no vibrating involved.

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i'm having a hard time seeing arthur win this one too... sounds like she's being neutered a little bit too much... /shrug Yeah, 616 Blink minus the Selene-controlled showings has basically nothing to her name, so this is a non-fight.

-Pr-
That feeling when Carver keeps posting scans of a character that's under the influence of a spell...

krisblaze
Arthur can't vibrate anyways, so moot point lmao.

riv6672
Saint do you know how many times has Warren lost his wings? Blink and Wolfsbane come to mind but Id swear there was more
Wasnt the Mutant Massacre the first time?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mOjxDSHr4jk/UwPGlX7mKeI/AAAAAAAAXAU/BXayuDkkh9I/s1600/Pic+D+-+Mutant+Massacre+2.jpg

https://m0vie.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/mutantmassacre3.jpg

https://comiczombie.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/archangel24.jpg

-Pr-
TBH, if Blink is mind-controlled or Exiles, she should be able to just teleport parts of him off, so she would win.

Standard 616 though? She'd balk at killing. He wouldn't. He'd most likely win, or she'd just stay at range until the timer runs out.

riv6672
TBH, if Blink is mind-controlled or Exiles, she should be able to just teleport parts of him off, so she would win.

Standard 616 though? She'd balk at killing. He wouldn't. He'd most likely win, or she'd just stay at range until the timer runs out.
Works for me.
Thanks, -Pr-.
And everyone else too, much appreciated.

-Pr-
Yeah iirc the MM was the first time, but it happened a bunch of times after @ wing loss.

riv6672
Well, hopefully Sin'll see the post.

JBL
Blink. Rather easily.

Genii96
Just because normal blink is not a killer, doesn't mean she wouldn't do it or at least maim when her life is threatened would it?

krisblaze
She has to do so before Aquaman, with his legit superspeed, knocks her out.

riv6672
Originally posted by Genii96
Just because normal blink is not a killer, doesn't mean she wouldn't do it or at least maim when her life is threatened would it? thanks for the Bump.

h1a8
Can she teleport a fast moving target?
What's her reaction and perception feats?

carver9
Instant. To the point a telepath couldn't even track her or shut her mind down. She was moving too fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.