CNN says TLJ was a let-down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Now you know that the movie is going to be good, lol.

RHaggis
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Now you know that the movie is going to be good, lol.

laughing

Probably not enough transgender native Americans in it for their taste.

Ursumeles
Shouldn't they blackmail teenagers or something like that?

Kurk
Coming from CNN it means they either ditched their gay-ass progressive agenda or they legitimately ****ed up. I'm confident that it's the former.

playa1258
CNN is a Time Warner company. It comes as no surprise.

Rebel95
lol

Haschwalth
Eh, I'll find out tommorow, sounds promising.
Maybe A white Male(Luke) slaughtering diverse knights of Ren.

godemperortrump
^ I hope so. Luke slaying a bunch of n.iggers and chinks unarmed with a big white pride tattoo on his forehead would be a delight.

Psychotron
It's definitely not the lack of diversity, I'll say that. The only heroes left for IX are women and minorities. Also, there's a Force sensitive kid at the end hinting at the next generation of Jedi who is ambiguously brown.

I posted this over in the movie section, but I may as well post it here.

Luke dies in the most retarded way possible. Leia dies but not before flying through space like ****ing Superman with the Force. Snoke is betrayed and killed by Kylo. Luke doesn't give a shit about Rey. Yoda's ghost has to force him to help Rey by lecturing him and burning down the tree with lightning. Yes, Force Ghosts can affect the physical world now and ghost!Yoda can do Force lightning. Rey's parents were nobodies. Snoke's backstory is never explained. Rey continues to be a Mary Sue. Kylo is now the main villain despite being a ***** Vader wannabe in TFA. Quips ****ing everywhere. Even the old depressed Luke and Yoda quip at each other.

If that sounds good to you then you're gonna have a great time.

Oh, and the Knights of Ren aren't even in the movie. They aren't even mentioned. Luke has a throwaway line about some of his students siding with Kylo after Luke tried killing a younger Kylo in his sleep (seriously), but that's it.

Kurk
I'm logging out of here until Saturday night after I've watched it. No sense in spoiling it for myself.

godemperortrump
Everyone spoil it for me. I'm not watching it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Everyone spoil it for me. I'm not watching it.

Just read what I wrote. That's the gist of it. A few other things like Luke can project himself with the Force to save Rey (didn't do it for Han because **** Han, I guess) and confront Kylo, but the strain of it kills him. He dies on the island and disappears like Obi-Wan. Kylo is also more powerful than old master Luke, apparently. Reylo is thing now. For some reason these two are fawning over each other and both are attempting to turn the other, even though Rey hated him in TFA. They team up to fight Snoke's guards when Kylo shivs him. Finn and Rose are 100% filler that nobody cares for. Poe is a cuck that needs to be reigned in by Leia all the time .

FreshestSlice
Leia doesn't die, yet, and Luke is cut off from the Force so he didn't know Han was dead. Snoke being one shot'd is also kind of retarded, but who has the time to build the world, you know?

Psychotron
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Leia doesn't die, yet, and Luke is cut off from the Force so he didn't know Han was dead. Snoke being one shot'd is also kind of retarded, but who has the time to build the world, you know?

She doesn't die technically, but with with Carrie dead there's no way she's coming back. They ****ed up big time when they killed off Luke and left Leia alive, but I guess they gotta push the feminist agenda, right? Can't have a heroic white male in the movie, so they just shat all over Luke and Han and killed them off, while leaving Leia alive. Only fate had a joke at Kathleen Kennedy's expense.

FreshestSlice
Look, the Force is female, okay?

Psychotron
Better hope the new fans are too, because I'm not coming back for IX.

NewGuy01
Dear god, that's hilarious. laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
My favorite part was when novice Rey beats Luke.

What a strong wamman.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
My favorite part was when novice Rey beats Luke.

What a strong wamman.

She beats everyone. She beat the hell out of Kylo in TFA, when she was untrained lmao. How are we supposed to take him seriously as the main villain when he already lost to her?

The Lost
Originally posted by Psychotron
Just read what I wrote. That's the gist of it. A few other things like Luke can project himself with the Force to save Rey (didn't do it for Han because **** Han, I guess) and confront Kylo, but the strain of it kills him. He dies on the island and disappears like Obi-Wan. Kylo is also more powerful than old master Luke, apparently. Reylo is thing now. For some reason these two are fawning over each other and both are attempting to turn the other, even though Rey hated him in TFA. They team up to fight Snoke's guards when Kylo shivs him. Finn and Rose are 100% filler that nobody cares for. Poe is a cuck that needs to be reigned in by Leia all the time .

This is the second time I've seen you totally misunderstand or wrongly interpret something that happened in this movie. Jesus, dude...

Rey and Luke discuss how Luke has distanced himself/cut himself off from the force, which is probably why he didn't project himself to save Han or interfere earlier. He is on the island and has distanced himself from the force, the Jedi, and anything to do with that world. How did you honestly miss this?

Also, Kylo and Rey are both powerful figures at opposite sides so why wouldn't they want to turn the other? Bonus points if you get the ENORMOUS symbolism of them vying for Anakin's lightsaber and it breaking.

Rey wants redemption for Kylo and thinks there is a part of him that could return to the light. She is right. He hesitates to kill his mother and obviously is protective of Rey outside of just wanting her power. Kylo wants someone powerful to reign with within the dark side of force and thinks there is a part of her that could turn to the dark. He is right. She sees a dark vision (the dark abyss on the island) and does not hesitate or combat going there. There is a part of her that could succumb to that. Rey obviously still has huge resentment for Kylo for what he did to Han and herself in TFA, as she showcased/said in TLJ but cannot deny her connection to Kylo and the fact that Rey thinks she can bring Kylo back from the dark side.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Lost
This is the second time I've seen you totally misunderstand or wrongly interpret something that happened in this movie. Jesus, dude...

Rey and Luke discuss how Luke has distanced himself/cut himself off from the force, which is probably why he didn't project himself to save Han or interfere earlier. He is on the island and has distanced himself from the force, the Jedi, and anything to do with that world. How did you honestly miss this?

Also, Kylo and Rey are both powerful figures at opposite sides so why wouldn't they want to turn the other? Bonus points if you get the ENORMOUS symbolism of them vying for Anakin's lightsaber and it breaking.

Rey wants redemption for Kylo and thinks there is a part of him that could return to the light. She is right. He hesitates to kill his mother and obviously is protective of Rey outside of just wanting her power. Kylo wants someone powerful to reign with within the dark side of force and thinks there is a part of her that could turn to the dark. He is right. She sees a dark vision (the dark abyss on the island) and does not hesitate or combat going there. There is a part of her that could succumb to that. Rey obviously still has huge resentment for Kylo for what he did to Han and herself in TFA, as she showcased/said in TLJ but cannot deny her connection to Kylo and the fact that Rey thinks she can bring Kylo back from the dark side. Psycho isn't known for his intelligence but mainly for his obstinance and emotional outbursts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.