TPM Darth Maul is objectively more powerful than Snoke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

An_Sock
One survived being cut in half, the other didn't.

Azronger
The Visual Dictionary also states, "Snoke is powerful, but he is no Sith," implying he is sub-Maul. smile

Beniboybling
thumb up

samappo
...wtf.

TheMuser
Yeah, while the trolling is real, that doesn't mean its wrong.... smile

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Azronger
The Visual Dictionary also states, "Snoke is powerful, but he is no Sith," implying he is sub-Maul. smile

https://i.imgur.com/DnHcm7y.jpg

Holy shit you are right laughing

The Merchant
Snoke isn't strong enough to even acquire the faux-title of "Dark Lord of the Sith" in Kaans' Dark Brotherhood.

darthbane77
The "but he is no Sith" part of the quote doesn't imply being sub-Maul, it just translates to "Snoke is powerful in the Dark Side, but he's not a Sith". This is supported by the following line(s) referencing the Rule of Two lineage, and stating that the Sith are extinct. Meaning it's just "Snoke is strong in the Dark Side, but he's not a Sith because the Sith are extinct". Pulling "Snoke is sub-Maul" from that quote is pulling "information" from the quote that simply isn't there.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

The fact that people are reading that as "Snoke is beneath Sith" is genuinely retarded.

UCanShootMyNova
Skillz, mind telling me what how you'd interpret it if I said:

"Skillz is strong but no body builder?"

Just curious. smile

darthbane77
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

The fact that people are reading that as "Snoke is beneath Sith" is genuinely retarded. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Skillz, mind telling me what how you'd interpret it if I said:

"Skillz is strong but not body builder?"

Just curious. smile

Horrific comparison. There are also people stronger than body builders that aren't body builders. Like strongmen.

The quote literally proceeds to say that Snoke is no Sith because the Sith are extinct.

UCanShootMyNova
Ur ugly.

Azronger
thumb up

The fact that people are reading that as "Snoke is beneath Sith" is genuinely retarded.

Ant started it.

Darth Thor
Still not seeing a good rebuttal to Snoke not doing what Maul did - surviving being cut in 2.

quanchi112
thumb up

The fact that people are reading that as "Snoke is beneath Sith" is genuinely retarded. Most of the fanboys on here are genuinely retarded. Azronger tried misrepresenting a clear quote to support his insane bias.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Still not seeing a good rebuttal to Snoke not doing what Maul did - surviving being cut in 2. Do you realize how retarded of an argument that is ? If you can't see the probe kmc with that argument then I wouldn't say there's much hope for you.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you realize how retarded of an argument that is ? If you can't see the probe kmc with that argument then I wouldn't say there's much hope for you.

So still no good rebuttal.

quanchi112
So still no good rebuttal. Ok you aren't bright enough to figure it out. I'll explain it to you. Imagine a much older guy being killed by something that doesn't kill a much younger man. That doesn't mean the younger guy beats the older guy in a fight that means his body is older. It's like saying Kenobi doesn't use a cane but Yoda does therefore Kenobi beats Yoda in a fight. Yoda is physically much weaker but when they bring their force powers into play he'd beat the hell out of Kenobi. For ****s sake make a relevant point. It's about as retarded as someone saying Jordan got injured in his career therefore someone without the same injury could beat him one on one.

Beniboybling
Snoke is old and weak, yeah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Snoke is old and weak, yeah. His body is older but his force power is on another level than Maul's. There's really no way to deny the force superiority of Snoke.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

DarthAnt66
Snoke's pretty much confirmed in TLJ VD to be incapable of lightsaber combat due to his physical conditions.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
On Snoke's part, though, I don't think those situations are similar.

ares834
Yep. It's a pretty horrific comparison.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Yep. It's a pretty horrific comparison.

Horrific?

Please do explain. As far as I can tell they were both chopped in 2 (around the same point as well) and both by a Lightsaber.

ares834

Darth Thor

ares834

Azronger
What is Snoke's species?

ares834
It hasn't been revealed yet. TFA novel mentions he is non-human though.

Nephthys
Zabraks are noted to have incredibly high endurance and are capable of withstanding a lot. One Jedi survived getting chunks blown out of him.

quanchi112

Prof. T.C McAbe
Movie feats, Snoke wins in a Force duel easily and loses in a LS fight obviously. Feats from the TV show... well it's much closer.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
He needed a suit to prolong his life for ****s sake. We also see Palpatine killed by being just thrown down a shaft while Maul was cut in half fell down a shaft and survived. This doesn't mean Maul can beat Sidious with their powers. It's a retared argument on every conceivable level. Retarded argument is retarded.

Yoda is physically weak and needs a cane until he uses the force. He's clearly capable of using a saber when he taps into the force. Snoke didn't need to use a saber since his force powers are beyond Ben and Rey's.

If you come at me and I don't need to use a Lightsaber to beat you why on earth would I waste the ****ing energy.

Stop coming out with pointless comparisons. I'm showing a like for like comparison which is how verses threads work. And in this like for like comparison Maul clearly looks better.

All Snoke has shown so far is powerful TK an an ok Lightning blast.

quanchi112
Stop coming out with pointless comparisons. I'm showing a like for like comparison which is how verses threads work. And in this like for like comparison Maul clearly looks better.

All Snoke has shown so far is powerful TK an an ok Lightning blast.

No, it has no relevance here. It's like saying Luke is a better baker with the force than Yoda therefore he has something on him. By your own logic Maul looks better than Yoda since he needs a cane to walk.

Snoke is beyond Rey and Ben with tk unlike Luke. In terms of a fight being cut in half has no relevance whatsoever. Powers vs. powers Snoke toys with him. Maul was killed when he was older by less than being cut in half. You're comparing one really old guy to one younger and in his prime. Would you compare Michael Jordan at age 50 to Lebron of right now ? Body wise.

Darth Thor
No, it has no relevance here. It's like saying Luke is a better baker with the force than Yoda therefore he has something on him. By your own logic Maul looks better than Yoda since he needs a cane to walk.

Stop being butthurt and bring up an actual like for like comparison.

quanchi112
Stop being butthurt and bring up an actual like for like comparison. It isn't relevant to a versus fight. Cutting Maul in half beats him anyways. So make a relevant point. Snoke's force power shits all over the raw strength of Rey who is an equal to Kylo. Luke was scared by her raw strength. Do you feel Luke would marvel at Maul's force power ?

DarthAnt66
Just saw the movie again. Snoke gets cut a lot higher up than Maul does. It's not at the waist.

quanchi112
I am going again tomorrow morning to see it in 3D. I've already pre purchased this on my PS4. I'll rewatch the Snoke scenes a million plus times.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

quanchi112

The Ellimist
Kylo seems to be below Snoke, and despite his emotional issues he obviously isn't weak - you'd imagine from his age + Force potential that he's one of the most powerful characters in Star Wars, which IIRC the supporting material outright states.

Combine that with Snoke's Force-bridge feat and our guts (come on, we know where that points) and I'm going with Snoke.

Snoke's weakest possibility to me is Dooku level, his strongest is above Palpatine.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Snoke's weakest possibility to me is Dooku level, his strongest is above Palpatine.

Honestly I think that's giving him way too much credit.

I'd rank him somewhere between Maul and Dooku's level. Really see nothing to rank him above Dooku. He's definitely below Yoda/Sidious. And by a considerable margin.

The Ellimist

I'd rank him somewhere between Maul and Dooku's level. Really see nothing to rank him above Dooku. He's definitely below Yoda/Sidious. And by a considerable margin.

His TP feats are above anything we've seen in the films (unless if Luke's projection counts as TP), and offscreen seems to have done some of it under Luke's nose. He toys with Rey, who is an equal for Kylo, who is a Skywalker heir with decades of training with some feats we haven't seen before in the films.

Darth Thor

The Ellimist

quanchi112

I'd rank him somewhere between Maul and Dooku's level. Really see nothing to rank him above Dooku. He's definitely below Yoda/Sidious. And by a considerable margin. Based on what ?

quanchi112

quanchi112
Kylo couldn't tk her but he did tk and defeat Luke. The amount of blatant hypocrisy of Darth Thor is retarded. He's too biased to even see his own double standards.

AncientPower
Snoke is clearly insanely powerful but in combat he's god awful. He's Ommin basically, just way more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.