Does Yoda call Luke (SPOILERS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
...the greatest Jedi in TLJ? I forgot.

DarthAnt66
The hell? No.

The Ellimist
idk, someone claimed as much on comicvine

DarthAnt66
L: Master Yoda.
Y: Young Skywalker.
L: I'm ending all of this. The tree, the text, the Jedi. I'm gonna burn it down.
Y: Ah, Skywalker. Missed you, have I.
L: So it is time for the Jedi Order to end.
Y: Time it is. For you to look past a pile of old books, hmm?
L: The sacred Jedi texts.
Y: Oh. Read them, have you? Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess. Skywalker, still looking to the horizon. Never here, now, hmm? The need in front of your nose.
L: I was weak. Unwise.
Y: Lost Ben Solo, you did. Lose Rey, we must not.
L: I can't be what she needs me to be.
Y: Heeded my words not, did you? Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.

banana3
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
L: Master Yoda.
Y: Young Skywalker.
L: I'm ending all of this. The tree, the text, the Jedi. I'm gonna burn it down.
Y: Ah, Skywalker. Missed you, have I.
L: So it is time for the Jedi Order to end.
Y: Time it is. For you to look past a pile of old books, hmm?
L: The sacred Jedi texts.
Y: Oh. Read them, have you? Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess. Skywalker, still looking to the horizon. Never here, now, hmm? The need in front of your nose.
L: I was weak. Unwise.
Y: Lost Ben Solo, you did. Lose Rey, we must not.
L: I can't be what she needs me to be.
Y: Heeded my words not, did you? Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. To be fair, Yoda definitely seems like he implies Luke > himself when he says:

Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.

Rockydonovang
^^^^^ One of the best lines of the saga.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by banana3
To be fair, Yoda definitely seems like he implies Luke > himself when he says:

Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.

Reaching. Luke also says the Jedi Order under Yoda was at the height of its power and Yoda was the pillar of that order and its greatest champion.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
^^^^^ One of the best lines of the saga. thumb up

An_Sock
That Yoda scene is the best thing in the film, and possibly the only good thing.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by An_Sock
That Yoda scene is the best thing in the film, and possibly the only good thing.

Still should've been Anakin instead. We need a father
-son moment.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Still should've been Anakin instead. We need a father
-son moment.

Yeah except would be kind of weird when if anything it's Mark Hamill looking like Hayden Christenson's Dad.

banana3
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Reaching. Luke also says the Jedi Order under Yoda was at the height of its power and Yoda was the pillar of that order and its greatest champion. I would say that is reaching. Of course it was at the height of its power when the jedi order was actually intact

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.