Why the Gospels are Myth (Richard Carrier)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
The fact that this lecture has to exist says a lot about the level of delusion that our society lives under. lol

bQmMFQzrEsc

Surtur
I take comfort this exists everywhere. Lol...this 4 minute clip of a university(not in this country) and they talk about hurling lightning bolts with black magic. And when someone says it is not true everybody reacts as if he just said 1+1=3.

C9SiRNibD14

And yes, they make the guy apologize for saying you can't conjure lightning with black magic. These are just SJWs from other countries lol.

This is the insanity religion gives us.

MythLord
lol

Surtur
White magic is for healing, black magic is for curses.

So...even magic is racist lol.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur
White magic is for healing, black magic is for curses.

So...even magic is racist lol.
A32M0-KYTu0

Patient_Leech
I just love what a reasonable account of Abrahamic religions Carrier gives (first video).

And in this second video (it's not really related to the Gospels or religion per se, but), he makes a good point that I had never really thought of specifically before and it just makes sense with the observable universe. Starting at 1:38 about the Christian claim that, "The Universe is fine tuned for life" he simply points out that the universe is 99.999% inhospitable to life (he uses a good House analogy). And the point I'm thinking of is that the rare chemical spark that started life is indeed very rare, but the sheer vastness and age of the universe makes it much more plausible. To make that rare event possible we would expect the universe to be extremely large and extremely old for the chance to arise. And here we are.

It just makes sense.

lDpEeHD54Mo&t=3s

30zjpw8Fbpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.