Jiren vs Odin in the Destroyer Armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
its jiren from dbs vs odin in the destroyer armor. who wins

MrMind
wrong forum, also Jiren wins

Dareangel
there is a dbs comics so it should fit no?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Jiren defeats Odin in a single attack.

Current Super Saiyan God, which way back during the BoG arc was universal, is so weak relative to Jiren that he doesn't even bother to fight back, and just deflects all of Goku's punches with a single finger.

The immensely suppressed Jiren that fought Goku should be capable of defeating Odin with a glare.

TethAdamTheRock
DBS powerlevels (if powerscaling) are crazy

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

The Celestials would be more worthy opponents for Jiren.

ghostman
odin wins.

carver9
Consistently wrong.

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
Consistently wrong.

oh the irony.....

odin wins

carver9
Jiren touch Odin and kills him from the backlash of power.

cdtm
Ultimate disintigration ftw.

That's Destroyers move. For Carver, who doesn't read comics.

Inedian
Jiren

Insane Titan
Odin wins as DBZ stuff is pure f*ggot stuff.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Insane Titan
thumb up
Lmao

ghostman
Odin wins as DBS stuff is pure f*ggot stuff.

thumb up

tkitna

This

Dareangel

but can you super seya?

Genii96
Jiren, DBS Power levels are crazy now

cdtm
Originally posted by Genii96
Jiren, DBS Power levels are crazy now

Not really. The feat everyone keeps pointing to is Beerus and Jiren clashing hands and almost destroying the universe, which somehow proves Beerus and Goku and Jiren is universe busting level.

Except it doesn't prove that.

1. The old kaioshin/god kept saying the waves were getting stronger as they traveled outward. So this wasn't their pure power, like Monarch vaping a universe.

2. The Kaioshins are unreliable narrators, as are the other gods. This is proven by the postera earrings being claimed as having a permanent effect, only later for Goku and Vegeta to defuse after 15 minutes. Whoops.

3. Three waves happened. The universe was still there. Just because they said "One more will eeend it" doesn't make it true, for the above mentioned reason.

4. It was an outlier feat.

And, most importantly:

5. If you want to use the handful of "universal" feats in a sea of city/planetary, at best, you don't get to dismiss all the examples of comic book cheese as outliers. Superman lifted infinity, Eternity, sealed a hole in reality with his heat vision, absorbed Meggaddons universal energy, powered an engine that dragged down a universe etc etc etc..

That's the problem with Dragon Ball fanboys. They're so quick to latch onto any semblance of a feat as definitive, while dismissing any opposing comic book cheese as irrelevant (And even promoting all the low end feats as normal, like Superman struggling with Grundy..)

celeyhyga17
hysterical

Zero to a hundred in 0.001 secs....

CosmicComet
Jiren still rips the liverspotted skyfather's beard off and force feeds him.

At super speed.

xJLxKing
Anime wise, Jiren has not done anything

The power curves in the anime and even the manga are completely irrelevant.

Odin would ****ing break Jiren in two

Insane Titan

cdtm
As a youtube commentator put it, it's about "bigger numbers".

Best Dragon Ball was early Dragon Ball, back when Goku was a kid and had a tail, and Toriyama had some passion about his work.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
As a youtube commentator put it, it's about "bigger numbers".

Best Dragon Ball was early Dragon Ball, back when Goku was a kid and had a tail, and Toriyama had some passion about his work.

For me, all of the magic ended when the Frieza saga was over. Then came the BS.

celeyhyga17
@titan

Actually I was applauding ure no filter posts.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Snip

laughing out loud

First of all, the thing that makes the universal fist clashing feat so impressive is that universal + annihilation was going to be wrought despite the fact that Goku was actively trying to cancel out the energy they were putting out. So essentially, most, or at least a lot of their energy was being cancelled out, and universal + damage was still going to be caused.

And the idea the universe-busting waves weren't going to indeed bust the universe because the following waves after the 2nd one didn't bust the universe, is a bit ridiculous, given that there was a good amount of time between the first two universe busting waves and the following ones, presumably giving reality time to recuperate.

Regardless, the universe busting waves aren't the impressive part of the fight, lol. At least, not compared to what Goku and Beerus are doing next: literally pushing back and forth the Super-dense energy ball capable of annihilating all of Universe 7. The kaioshin and Whis both note that the energyball was capable of destroying the universe, and Goku and Beerus were pushing that energy around, and Beerus even completely nullifies it, pretty easily and while suppressed. Noting of course that BoG Goku would get oneshotted by current SSJB Goku.

Furthermore, there's various statements showing that the mere collateral damage from Beerus and Champa fighting would destroy two macrocosms (Universe 6 and Universe 7).

As for Jiren, he shook the infinite world of void via the mere presence and flow of his power, and in a suppressed state, its implied by Shin and Whis that his power exceeds that of any prior villain...which would include Infinite Zamasu, who merged with his entire timeline (all 12 universes) and proceeded to spread into other timelines.

Of course, Jiren was also able to casually glare away SSJB KKx20 Goku, who would easily oneshot the Goku and Beerus we saw in the BoG arc.

Odin still doesn't have a chance in hell at even harming a suppressed Jiren.

cdtm
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
laughing out loud

First of all, the thing that makes the universal fist clashing feat so impressive is that universal + annihilation was going to be wrought despite the fact that Goku was actively trying to cancel out the energy they were putting out. So essentially, most, or at least a lot of their energy was being cancelled out, and universal + damage was still going to be caused.

And the idea the universe-busting waves weren't going to indeed bust the universe because the following waves after the 2nd one didn't bust the universe, is a bit ridiculous, given that there was a good amount of time between the first two universe busting waves and the following ones, presumably giving reality time to recuperate.

Regardless, the universe busting waves aren't the impressive part of the fight, lol. At least, not compared to what Goku and Beerus are doing next: literally pushing back and forth the Super-dense energy ball capable of annihilating all of Universe 7. The kaioshin and Whis both note that the energyball was capable of destroying the universe, and Goku and Beerus were pushing that energy around, and Beerus even completely nullifies it, pretty easily and while suppressed. Noting of course that BoG Goku would get oneshotted by current SSJB Goku.

Furthermore, there's various statements showing that the mere collateral damage from Beerus and Champa fighting would destroy two macrocosms (Universe 6 and Universe 7).

As for Jiren, he shook the infinite world of void via the mere presence and flow of his power, and in a suppressed state, its implied by Shin and Whis that his power exceeds that of any prior villain...which would include Infinite Zamasu, who merged with his entire timeline (all 12 universes) and proceeded to spread into other timelines.

Of course, Jiren was also able to casually glare away SSJB KKx20 Goku, who would easily oneshot the Goku and Beerus we saw in the BoG arc.

Odin still doesn't have a chance in hell at even harming a suppressed Jiren.

Jiren isn't Beerus or Champa, though.

The tier you're putting Jiren on hinges on the assumption that:

1. Whis or Beerus wouldn't lie. (We know they would, because they admitted Beerus has, about using 100% of his power.)

2. That Jiren = a God of Destruction (So assuming Beerus really could insta-vape the universe, it follows Jiren could as well, if he could hold his own with a GoD.)

But we were told (In the manga) that Jiren is equal to a GoD in skill alone. That doesn't necessarily mean he can match a GoD in all ways, like a Hakai erasure or a "universe buster".

Even if we take Jiren as a universe buster at face value (And believe you me, lesser characters then Odin have the feats to prove they're universal level. They're just dismissed as PIS.. Vsbattle forums dismissed TWENTY TWO such feats from post crisis Superman.), Odin still has a lot more going for him then raw power.

Esoteric powers, from mind screws to soul screws to molecular attacks (Think a difference between dynamite and a tiny lightsaber scapel)..

Odin has ALL OF ASGARD on his side, with a wealth of powers that aren't exactly common in Dragon Ball.

Could ki based defenses even protect Jiren from magic?

RealityWarper
Jiren one-shots.

cdtm
Jirens bones get transmuted to brittle glass.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Jiren one-shots.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
@titan

Actually I was applauding ure no filter posts. laughing out loud fair enough dude

zopzop
thumb up

DBZ is phucking AWFUL. Saint Seiya and even Sailor Moon (yeah I went there) are better animes.

PS Odin wins.

carver9
Just a piece of Jiren power shook an infinite Void (and again, he was holding back). There isn't a single thing Odin could do to prevent Jiren from punching his head clean off as soon as the bell ring. Jiren is a different beast all together. Beings that could have destroyed Universes and dimensions with their punching power, Jiren was blocking his blow with just a finger tip. Odin dies, with ease and time stop wouldn't even save him. The comic book section is the worst place to post fights like this because 90% of the people here are clueless/bias and the other 10% don't know a single thing about the show.

cdtm
Yeah, you'll need to prove Dragon Ball ki can even interact with magic, let alone defend against it.

The weak arsed mage Badibi transported characters against their will to wherever.

So all Odin needs to is send Jiren to, say, the Negative Zone. Or hell.

carver9
Yeah, you'll need to prove Dragon Ball ki can even interact with magic, let alone defend against it.

The weak arsed mage Badibi transported characters against their will to wherever.

So all Odin needs to is send Jiren to, say, the Negative Zone. Or hell.

Bell rings, Jiren blitz over, punch Odin in the skull taking his head clean off. The fight is over. Odin didn't get a chance to process anything. Nothing. It is just that easy.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Stoic
For me, all of the magic ended when the Frieza saga was over. Then came the BS. the cell saga was decent

Seeing the father son Kamehameha redeemed it for me

cdtm
Bell rings, Jiren blitz over, punch Odin in the skull taking his head clean off. The fight is over. Odin didn't get a chance to process anything. Nothing. It is just that easy.

You realize Jiren doesn't start the match powered up, right?

Bell rings, and an already fully powered giant Asgardian Destroyer fires off a disintigration beam at a fully depowered Jiren.

This is why Dragon Ball characters can never, ever win a match under standard forum rules. Active powers need to be "switched on", while passive powers (Like durability) is available from the bell.

Dragon Ball characters need to channel their ki and transform. They need to "prep". And Odin doesn't.

So Jiren loses, by forum rules. Horribly.

To any comic character. Jiren loses to Batman.

TethAdamTheRock
^ DP Jiren is already > Odin

cdtm
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
^ DP Jiren is already > Odin

Doubtful. Base Goku and Krillin are taken down by common handguns and lasers. And Jiren proved he needs to "power up", the same as anyone.

carver9
Doubtful. Base Goku and Krillin are taken down by common handguns and lasers. And Jiren proved he needs to "power up", the same as anyone.

Odin was taken down by some ants with hand guns. See what I did there? Goku was powered down when he was shot through. Stop trolling.

carver9
You realize Jiren doesn't start the match powered up, right?

Bell rings, and an already fully powered giant Asgardian Destroyer fires off a disintigration beam at a fully depowered Jiren.

This is why Dragon Ball characters can never, ever win a match under standard forum rules. Active powers need to be "switched on", while passive powers (Like durability) is available from the bell.

Dragon Ball characters need to channel their ki and transform. They need to "prep". And Odin doesn't.

So Jiren loses, by forum rules. Horribly.

To any comic character. Jiren loses to Batman.

You don't know what you're talking about. Per forum rules, he does start the match off powered up. It's like saying Hulk doesn't start off angry. Read the rules.

Bell rings and Odin gets his head punched clean off with ease. This is a non fight.

RealityWarper
Odin was taken down by some ants with hand guns. See what I did there? Goku was powered down when he was shot through. Stop trolling.

I'm not sure but I think that CDTM doesn't get that his trolling isn't working. laughing out loud

cdtm
You don't know what you're talking about. Per forum rules, he does start the match off powered up. It's like saying Hulk doesn't start off angry. Read the rules.

Bell rings and Odin gets his head punched clean off with ease. This is a non fight.

Hulk is Hulk. A depowered Hulk would be Banner.

And you need to read the rules. Again. They're very specific about "active powers" being off by default.

cdtm
Here, ya lazy bum, I even found the rule for you:

Relevant part in bold.

Powering up is an active action.

This should settle the dispute.

This is also why I refused SSJGogeta's Superman vs Goku BZ loser banned for life challenge, because he lost before it even began (Besides the terms being stupid, and I don't BZ regardless..)

carver9
Here, ya lazy bum, I even found the rule for you:

Relevant part in bold.

Powering up is an active action.

This should settle the dispute.

This is also why I refused SSJGogeta's Superman vs Goku BZ loser banned for life challenge, because he lost before it even began (Besides the terms being stupid, and I don't BZ regardless..)

Rules...

"It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels".

Which means that Jiren doesn't start the battle at 0. He is at OPTIMUM levels for this fight and what we have seen so far IS his optimum levels and his speed is above Dypso at these optimum levels. Troll.

Jiren blitz during the onset taking Odin head clean off as soon as the bell ring.

RealityWarper
Jiren explode Odin's face in one punch.

cdtm
Rules...

"It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels".

Which means that Jiren doesn't start the battle at 0. He is at OPTIMUM levels for this fight and what we have seen so far IS his optimum levels and his speed is above Dypso at these optimum levels. Troll.

Jiren blitz during the onset taking Odin head clean off as soon as the bell ring.

That rule is meant for characters like Gladiator or Hulk who's strength is elastic, based on anger/confidence.

And optimum levels within the rules.

By your logic, a GL needs his shields up because without them, he'd be suboptimal.

Ergo, Jiren starts at 0.

Don't blame me for your inability to interpret rules.

carver9
That rule is meant for characters like Gladiator or Hulk who's strength is elastic, based on anger/confidence.

And optimum levels within the rules.

By your logic, a GL needs his shields up because without them, he'd be suboptimal.

Ergo, Jiren starts at 0.

Don't blame me for your inability to interpret rules.

Lol... it didn't limit the rule to Gladiator or Hulk. Show proof please. Jiren starts at his optimum levels. Punch Odin head clean off 10/10. Good try, troll.

cdtm
You misunderstand.

Gladiator and Hulk are examples of characters with variable powers.

Needing to switch a power on, is not a variable power. It's a power you need to switch on.

You are arguing a Green Lantern who has his shields down should start the match with his shields up, to satisfy the optimum level rule. You are ignoring a rule which specifically states powers that need to be switched on, will not be on at the bell by default.

Jiren's "optimum levels" are his levels before actively activating his powers, by board rules. Period.

carver9
You misunderstand.

Gladiator and Hulk are examples of characters with variable powers.

Needing to switch a power on, is not a variable power. It's a power you need to switch on.

You are arguing a Green Lantern who has his shields down should start the match with his shields up, to satisfy the optimum level rule. You are ignoring a rule which specifically states powers that need to be switched on, will not be on at the bell by default.

Putting up a shield whereas at the same time trying to put a character at 0 bottom are two different things. We take Jiren as what we saw on panel which means, he kills Odin without breaking a sweat.

cdtm
Putting up a shield whereas at the same time trying to put a character at 0 bottom are two different things. We take Jiren as what we saw on panel which means, he kills Odin without breaking a sweat.

No, they're not different things. Both are "activating powers". You are deliberately ignoring a rule you don't agree with.

carver9
No, they're not different things. Both are "activating powers". You are deliberately ignoring a rule you don't agree with.

I'm not ignoring anything. No character starts at 0. Just doesn't exist on the forum and there's no proof that Jiren can even go to 0. You're getting Jiren physiology mixed up with Goku and the rest of the Z fighters.

cdtm
So now you change your argument from "powers can't be Zero", to "we don't know Jiren's Zero".

I'll take it, since it means you've just admitted Superman crush's Goku under board rules. stick out tongue

carver9
So now you change your argument from "powers can't be Zero", to "we don't know Jiren's Zero".

I'll take it, since it means you've just admitted Superman crush's Goku under board rules. stick out tongue

I never admitted anything. I clearly told you in my last post that no one powers start at 0. Get a mod opinion on it or go away.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Jiren isn't Beerus or Champa, though.

Correct. Jiren is most likely above both of them, and is CERTAINLY capable of oneshotting the suppressed Beerus that casually nullified the universe-annihilating energy ball.

The tier you're putting Jiren on hinges on the assumption that:

1. Whis or Beerus wouldn't lie. (We know they would, because they admitted Beerus has, about using 100% of his power.)

2. That Jiren = a God of Destruction (So assuming Beerus really could insta-vape the universe, it follows Jiren could as well, if he could hold his own with a GoD.)

Oh lordie.

The Toei website, Toppo, and Whis all explicitly corroborate the notion that Jiren is at or above the level of God of Destruction. We know for an absolute fact that Jiren is at LEAST above Vermod, and given that all of the Gods of Destruction are relative to each other...no reason to believe that Jiren isn't at LEAST on par with Beerus. There's also absolutely NO grounds to believe that Whis was lying, given the context.

Come on. You're better than this. erm

But we were told (In the manga) that Jiren is equal to a GoD in skill alone. That doesn't necessarily mean he can match a GoD in all ways, like a Hakai erasure or a "universe buster".

The hell?

first of all, there is an alternate translation that states "In terms of battle power, Jiren is stronger than our God of Destruction." The very next manga chapter follows up with Goku literally asking, "So Jiren is more powerful than Belmod?" The anime further corroborates this by Whis noting that Jiren is the mortal that has surpassed his God of Destruction. Jiren is more powerful than Belmod. Period.

Secondly, that's not even relevant. SSJG Goku was stated to "wield power capable of destroying the entire universe," and partakes in the universal feats just as much as Beerus did. He's only gotten stronger up to now, and he's so weak relative to Jiren that the latter doesn't even bother to attack back, and deflects the former's punches with but a single finger, while suppressed.

Even if we take Jiren as a universe buster at face value (And believe you me, lesser characters then Odin have the feats to prove they're universal level. They're just dismissed as PIS.. Vsbattle forums dismissed TWENTY TWO such feats from post crisis Superman.), Odin still has a lot more going for him then raw power.

Superman has nothing to do with this. Irrelevant.

That said, you straight up ignored my other points regarding Jiren: the mere presence and flow of his power shook an infinite void, (that's beyond just universal, his power is literally reaching infinity,) and Supreme Kai and Whis corroborate the notion that Jiren >> anyone the main cast has faced before, which would include Infinite Zamasu...the guy who was literally becoming ALL timelines.

Esoteric powers, from mind screws to soul screws to molecular attacks (Think a difference between dynamite and a tiny lightsaber scapel)..

Odin has ALL OF ASGARD on his side, with a wealth of powers that aren't exactly common in Dragon Ball.

Could ki based defenses even protect Jiren from magic?

Gonna be honest, not seeing haxx being a factor here. We've seen microbes compared to Jiren like SSJ Vegetto casually overcome matter manipulation, Jiren has the mind power/willpower to push back a KKx20 spirit bomb with just his glare while heavily suppressed, and has power that "transcends time." Dragon Ball characters tend to overcome haxx through sheer power, and let me tell you, Jiren is FAR more powerful than Odin.

Odin's full power attacks would be deflected by a single finger from Jiren, like Super Saiyan God was. I'm not sure Jiren would even find Odin worthy of attacking. thumb up

cdtm
I never admitted anything. I clearly told you in my last post that no one powers start at 0. Get a mod opinion on it or go away.

Nah. Snitching isn't my style. Anyone who can read, knows who's in the right here.

And I mean, come on. If KMC was even a fraction as authoritarian as a place like, say, CBR, most of us would have been run out a long time ago.

But probably you first... stick out tongue

MrMind
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

DBZ is phucking AWFUL. Saint Seiya and even Sailor Moon (yeah I went there) are better animes.

PS Odin wins.

Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya is like 100 times more faggy than Dragon Ball thats not even a debate...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.