wonder woman v black adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
been done i know, but current versions as a prelude to the real fight that is upcoming. for what it's worth, i think diana is gonna f*** his sh!t up hard core. at least i'm hoping that's how it goes down....

TethAdamTheRock
Black Adam

ghostman
woah now, hold up.... did i miss something what upcoming fight??

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
been done i know, but current versions as a prelude to the real fight that is upcoming. for what it's worth, i think diana is gonna f*** his sh!t up hard core. at least i'm hoping that's how it goes down....

If he does itll bring his stock down way more

zopzop
Wonder woman.

CosmicComet
she will definitely beat his ass.

the shazam family's stock has plummeted.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
been done i know, but current versions as a prelude to the real fight that is upcoming. for what it's worth, i think diana is gonna f*** his sh!t up hard core. at least i'm hoping that's how it goes down.... Diana will never lose that fight, considering her current status as 2nd to Superman. I'll be shocked if Black Adam is even portrayed as stronger.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
the shazam family's stock has plummeted.
Eh, I don't think it has.

Ultraman is just Superman without magic weakness, if that's what you're referring to. Losing to him is not a bad showing for anyone.

CosmicComet
Getting stomped by Ultraman is a pretty bad showing I'd say.

He didn't even manage hold his own.

That and they are no longer pushed at the fore front in general as top bricks.

CM used to be pretty solidly referred to as Supes' equal. Not so anymore.

Philosophía

Ultraman is basically a bloodlusted Superman, so wouldn't hold that against him. Geoff Johns wrote that, and he flat-out said that it's basically a 'Superman with no weakness against Black Adam, which is how it would go'. This is the same guy who wrote Billy/Teth extensively and in most recognizable runs post-Crisis .

I mean, Jesus, now that I think about it, Geoff wrote every single one of Black Adam's high showings. All his battles against JSA, him ripping Amazo's head off, etc.

Their status as 'equals to Superman' are basically lip-service/day-to-day restrained Superman. That doesn't consistently hold up with normal Superman, nevermind mental blocks off.

Current Superman when he was at only half power decisively beat Flaspoint Captain Marvel . Eclipso Superman beat the shit out of Captain Marvel in the 90s Jay Garrick is explicitly faster than Black Adam, while explicitly not faster than Superman, under the same writer. etc.

I agree with you in the sense that they're trying to differentiate Captain Marvel from Superman, by playing up the magic aspect more, though. I think we'll see that in the Shazam movie, since every body by now knows that Captain Marvel being identical to Superman, in a Universe with Superman, never works.

Board Walker
Current Superman is an abstract level being, current god of war WW is a skyfather, Black Adam is a high Trans to skyfather depending how you interpret his feats.

I speculate that WW is going to come out victorious, but not without sustaining damage due to it being 2 on 1 against her.

Zack M
People need to stop using that ONE feat of Adam against Ultraman. BA has a bunch of high end feats. Hell, he just one-shotted DR. FATE. Dr. Fate has been pretty uber, too.

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
People need to stop using that ONE feat of Adam against Ultraman. BA has a bunch of high end feats. Hell, he just one-shotted DR. FATE. Dr. Fate has been pretty uber, too.

That was a sneak attack though. Fate wasn't ready. Not saying that Adam couldn't win, but I'd chalk that up to a cheap victory. Anyway Diana has always been portrayed as a better fighter than Adam, so my bets are on her coming out on top.

carver9
Wonder Woman beat an amped Superman. She will most def beat Adam.

Zack M
Originally posted by Stoic
That was a sneak attack though. Fate wasn't ready. Not saying that Adam couldn't win, but I'd chalk that up to a cheap victory. Anyway Diana has always been portrayed as a better fighter than Adam, so my bets are on her coming out on top.

Fate couldn't defeat Adam alone in the past, though.

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
Fate couldn't defeat Adam alone in the past, though.

Yeah I wasn't saying that Fate would win because Adam has the strength and speed to swarm him, but what I'm saying is that if Fate were ready for an attack he probably wouldn't have been one shot. Anyway Wonder Woman is a better fighter with comparable strength, and weapons/gear capable of brushing off a lot of his assaults. This is mainly why I'd give her the win over him.

Zack M
Yeah I wasn't saying that Fate would win because Adam has the strength and speed to swarm him, but what I'm saying is that if Fate were ready for an attack he probably wouldn't have been one shot. Anyway Wonder Woman is a better fighter with comparable strength, and weapons/gear capable of brushing off a lot of his assaults. This is mainly why I'd give her the win over him.

I would say at base, standard levels, I would go with Adam. Diana as the God of War would win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder Woman beat an amped Superman. She will most def beat Adam.
ermm

Damborgson
I think he means god of strength Superman? Not sure.

panthergod

..Pre-OWAW.

Post. he needs some type of magick weakness exploitation.

And yes, Adam absolutely has been presented as a hgh end brick, one that defeated a Guardian apparently in Sinestro's series.

Superman solidly dominted Flashpoint Captain Thunder, GL Abin Sur, and Cyborg.

All the Adam/Ultraman fight was was another demonstration that All Out Mode Superman is and has always been on another level above Captain Marvel, as we already knew from the OWAW, Darkseid, Despero, and Doomsday showings.

Philosophía
Bump.

They'll fight again in Doomsday Clock, I'd wager.

Predictions?

zopzop

Stoic
Why would they fight again in DD Clock? Maybe they will, but I didn't foresee anything leading up to that possibility.

MrMind
I hope BA get it back to 1-1, no nth-plot device-metal this time

Raptor22
Why would they fight again in DD Clock? Maybe they will, but I didn't foresee anything leading up to that possibility. Adam smashes thru the ceiling of the UN while Diana is making a speach at the end of DDC#9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.