Anyone else miss when Star Wars was a summer flick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
I miss when it was released in May. Fall/Winter months always felt more LOTRs for me.

Darth Abonis
Yeah I miss them being in May as well. Hopefully Solo will still be scheduled for May 2018

NewGuy01
Yes, I've honestly found the Christmas releases to be strangely unsettling.

SunRazer
Blockbusters get released around that time now. I don't really mind it being around Christmas, really.

Then again, it is released in summer where I'm from. smile

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer

Then again, it is released in summer where I'm from. smile

...you son of a *****.

Nephthys
No.

Stigma
Yes.

relentless1
so May is summer now??

NewGuy01
Originally posted by relentless1
so May is summer now??

...yes, child.

relentless1
pretty sure summer starts in June dickhead

Lord Stark

Yes...if you release something May 19th its a summer film because the majority of the time its open will be in, wait for it...the summer.

relentless1
most films have about 6 weeks of main room theatre run before it goes to the cheap seats so ya get 2 weeks at most of summertime if you come out in mid May

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Geez.

Lord Stark
most films have about 6 weeks of main room theatre run before it goes to the cheap seats so ya get 2 weeks at most of summertime if you come out in mid May

Jesus Effing Christ. It's a summer flick because its one of those films you watch with all your friends after being home from college or school in general. Most colleges get out in May, you don't call it Spring Break. For most people summer is defined by kids being out of school. It's a summer film especially because Star Wars typically runs at least two months. ****ing hell.

FreshestSlice
Savage.

relentless1
summer begins June 21st; most movies are out of their main run aka the big main screens by then... are you missing something??

FreshestSlice
Just as Winter Break doesn't begin on the Solstice, neither does Summer Break. It's not that hard to get.

quanchi112
summer begins June 21st; most movies are out of their main run aka the big main screens by then... are you missing something?? You are retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.