Death Seed Sentry Vs Hector Hall Dr. Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cb/54/1c/cb541ccf3f42dc5a8b2d1686cde08683.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Doctor-Fate-Hector-Hall-DC-Comics-Whos-Who.jpg

riv6672
Damn, this has got to be a 'major stomp' one way or the other, going by the turn out.

beatboks
I dont thinknits a stomp, but I'd say DSS takes it for the most part.
Hector sgould make him work for it though.

RealityWarper
DSS stomps effortlessly

"Id"

riv6672
^^^tax?

Originally posted by beatboks
I dont thinknits a stomp, but I'd say DSS takes it for the most part.
Hector sgould make him work for it though.
^^^HH is the **** of Fate versions, figured thos would be a good one.

Originally posted by RealityWarper
DSS stomps effortlessly
There's the KMC standard. laughing

AKA thanks guys, just wanted one more thread to ring in the new year.

MrMind
fate ftw, hector is the second most powerful version

riv6672
^^^Thought he was the most powerful!
Even so, HH was really well written, i like this version best.

RealityWarper
Sentry one punch Fate or wish him out of existence on a whim.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Fate wins imo. Sentry can be chained, drained or put to sleep via magic.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Thought he was the most powerful!
Even so, HH was really well written, i like this version best.

In terms of magic use he and Kent (original) are pretty damn equal. Its just that Kent has superior durability showings and is a class 100+++. Hector should be as well but lacks the feats to really verify. Theres also the fact that Kent could energy and matter manip without using magic spells. He was "taught the secrets of molecular control". In many stories this was stated to be the reason for his durability (his complete control over his own atoms), while others referred to Nabu altering his body. I'd give Kent a very slight majority vs DSS (5.5-6/10) while scaling it the other way for Hector (5.5-6/10 for DSS)

Prof. T.C McAbe
In terms of magic use he and Kent (original) are pretty damn equal. Its just that Kent has superior durability showings and is a class 100+++. Hector should be as well but lacks the feats to really verify. Theres also the fact that Kent could energy and matter manip without using magic spells. He was "taught the secrets of molecular control". In many stories this was stated to be the reason for his durability (his complete control over his own atoms), while others referred to Nabu altering his body. I'd give Kent a very slight majority vs DSS (5.5-6/10) while scaling it the other way for Hector (5.5-6/10 for DSS)
Interesting. Wasnt aware of this difference. Your reasoning makes sense.

riv6672
^^^Yeah, i can see that, too.
BTW, nice sig, Professor. Thats classy.

LordofBrooklyn
Damn, this has got to be a 'major stomp' one way or the other, going by the turn out.

You picked the WRONG Dr. Fate!

Sin I AM

You mention a lack feats for Hall yet DSS has like what.. 3? One high end outlier one low end and one middle of the road.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
You mention a lack feats for Hall yet DSS has like what.. 3? One high end outlier one low end and one middle of the road.

He MATCHED the ENTIRE ouput of evey hero on Marvel Earth!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
He MATCHED the ENTIRE ouput of evey hero on Marvel Earth!

Thats the one high end feat im referencing LOB

LordofBrooklyn
Thats the one high end feat im referencing LOB

That is MORE than enough to keep Death Seed in contention with this Fate.

riv6672
See, i've seen that posted here before.
Not being a Sentry fan, i cant understand why his few feats trump mote established characters/other characters with few feats dont get that privilege.
-shrug-

Prof. T.C McAbe
^^^Yeah, i can see that, too.
BTW, nice sig, Professor. Thats classy.
Hey, thanks mate.

Sin I AM
That is MORE than enough to keep Death Seed in contention with this Fate.

Its not. Its an outlier. Its not even combat related.

See, i've seen that posted here before.
Not being a Sentry fan, i cant understand why his few feats trump mote established characters/other characters with few feats dont get that privilege.
-shrug-

They dont. His only saving grace is ragdolling Thor

LordofBrooklyn

You read the arc involved with the feat I presume.

Where do you rank that Celestial in terns of a threat?

riv6672

They dont. His only saving grace is ragdolling Thor
Hmm. I'm not overly impressed, then.

Sin I AM
You read the arc involved with the feat I presume.

Where do you rank that Celestial in terns of a threat?

Abc logic? Thor can kill a celestial. Sue gives them pause. Quit half ass debating

LordofBrooklyn
Abc logic? Thor can kill a celestial. Sue gives them pause. Quit half ass debating

If you brought a discussion WORTHY of debating then I would need to.

An example of "HALF ASS DEBATING" would be YOU referencing Whorinson and Sue's ability to defeat Celestials WITHOUT proper context. The clear Deus Ex Machina of Jarnbjorn and Sue's unique source of power are the means by which they can kill and contend with Celestials. That is diametrically opposed to Sentry's portrayal where no such plot device exists.

Death Seed Sentry's portrayal EASILY puts him above Hall. Now, if Riv went against his style and picked the CORRECT Fate which is Nelson then it would be different.

The depiction of Death Sentry at that juncture was to CLEARLY indicate that Robert matched the power of every super-powered being on Marvel Earth.

Your inability to recognize that fact does nothing to diminish my argument.

beatboks
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Interesting. Wasnt aware of this difference. Your reasoning makes sense.

Yeah kent was taught by Nabu forba decade b4 debut
Including how to control hisnown molecules
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/4058436-all-star+squadron+%2347+-+page+9.jpg

An example of the "reason for his durability"

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5430470-ppme9ie.jpg

There were many more that outright stated due to molecular control rather than infer but ATM cant find them

Transmute without spells

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2480820-fate_transmutes_matter_1.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/4058432-fate+transmutes+matter+2+.jpg

riv6672
Love those scans, especially the durability one. yes

Sin I AM
If you brought a discussion WORTHY of debating then I would need to.

An example of "HALF ASS DEBATING" would be YOU referencing Whorinson and Sue's ability to defeat Celestials WITHOUT proper context. The clear Deus Ex Machina of Jarnbjorn and Sue's unique source of power are the means by which they can kill and contend with Celestials. That is diametrically opposed to Sentry's portrayal where no such plot device exists.

Death Seed Sentry's portrayal EASILY puts him above Hall. Now, if Riv went against his style and picked the CORRECT Fate which is Nelson then it would be different.

The depiction of Death Sentry at that juncture was to CLEARLY indicate that Robert matched the power of every super-powered being on Marvel Earth.

Your inability to recognize that fact does nothing to diminish my argument.

Um no. You were using abc logic to try and power scale. I just provided comparative examples. Also the "death seed" is the very essence of a plot device, nice try though. Stop over hyping cheese feats and learn how to debate.

LordofBrooklyn
Um no. You were using abc logic to try and power scale. I just provided comparative examples. Also the "death seed" is the very essence of a plot device, nice try though. Stop over hyping cheese feats and learn how to debate.

What did it state that the "Death Seed" did to augment Robert's abilities?

Again, cite the CANON and not your flawed appraisal.

You can't debate any worse than you've been doing already.

Sin I AM
What did it state that the "Death Seed" did to augment Robert's abilities?

Again, cite the CANON and not your flawed appraisal.

You can't debate any worse than you've been doing already.

Oh so youre one of "those" posters. So the celestial tech augmented every horseman EXCEPT Sentry? Only altering his physical appearance? Im not citing shit. Pick up a comic and use deductive reasoning. The celestial feat was cheese and not combat related.

Like i said he has 3 feats to pull from and is not adequate to debate with.

LordofBrooklyn
Oh so youre one of "those" posters. So the celestial tech augmented every horseman EXCEPT Sentry? Only altering his physical appearance? Im not citing shit. Pick up a comic and use deductive reasoning. The celestial feat was cheese and not combat related.

Once again you've FAILED MISERABLY!!!

Sin I AM
Once again you've FAILED MISERABLY!!!

Concession accepted

Diesldude

riv6672
Concession accepted
Nice job, Sin.

RealityWarper

The Celestial tech just freed Sentry mind.

It was a little power up for the other Horsemen but they aren't that much powerful compared to their base level.

Now explain why none of the Horsemen are as powerful as Sentry.

Sin I AM

It was a little power up for the other Horsemen but they aren't that much powerful compared to their base level.

Granted. It did give him purpose

"little" power up? Enhanced is enhanced. Nowhere does it give a figure on how much they were increased. Just that they were.

Thats a weird request. They werent as powerful to begin with. Apocalypse wasnt trying to create potential rivals just deadly soldiers.

Regardless he was still amped unless u can prove otherwise

Zack M
I'd go with Fate.

LordofBrooklyn

You're dealing with a limited intellect in Sin.

The story arc CLEARLY indicates that the limitations placed on Bob by the Void persona are gone. As a result he is much more effective in the use of his powers as he is no longer restrained by fear.

Anyone with a modicum of reason could see this.

Sin I AM
You're dealing with a limited intellect in Sin.

The story arc CLEARLY indicates that the limitations placed on Bob by the Void persona are gone. As a result he is much more effective in the use of his powers as he is no longer restrained by fear.

Anyone with a modicum of reason could see this.

So youre piggybacking off someone elses comment to try and make a relevant post?

Never said it didnt change his mindset. I said it amped him. I also said he was relatively featless in regards to a forum battle. Quit nipping at my heels whelp

LordofBrooklyn
So youre piggybacking off someone elses comment to try and make a relevant post?

Never said it didnt change his mindset. I said it amped him. I also said he was relatively featless in regards to a forum battle. Quit nipping at my heels whelp

I made the SAME point and your STELLAR response was...

"Oh so you're one of those posters"

In a debate with a TODDLER i'd give them 2-1 odds to hand you your ass!

riv6672
^^^Not that you'll give a shit (more likely you'll respond in red font rant and prove my point) but the faux high brow speak and colored text really make you come off as simple and undermine legit points you might make.

RealityWarper
Granted. It did give him purpose

"little" power up? Enhanced is enhanced. Nowhere does it give a figure on how much they were increased. Just that they were.

Thats a weird request. They werent as powerful to begin with. Apocalypse wasnt trying to create potential rivals just deadly soldiers.

Regardless he was still amped unless u can prove otherwise

It is said in Uncanny Xmen that the Death Seed just freed Bobby Drake mind.

There is no reason to think thst it acted differently for the other Horsemen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.