Rank Force-Sensitives by Dueling Prowess (Legends)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Top Tier:
Luke Skywalker
Jaina Solo Fel
Mace Windu
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Knightfall Vader

Very High Tier:
Darth Krayt
Darth Plagueis
Revan
Darth Vader
The Dark Apprentice
Starkiller
Galen Marek
Darth Tyranus
Darth Malgus
Darth Wyyrlok III
Cade Skywalker
Exar Kun
Ulic Qel-Droma
Darth Nyriss
Obi-Wan Kenobi

High Tier:
Darth Maul
Arcann
Shaak Ti
Lord Scourge
Satele Shan
Darth Marr
Darth Malak
Kyp Durron
Kyle Katarn
Viun Gaalan
Jerec
Desann
Vodo-Siosk Baas
Meetra Surik
Darth Traya
Darth Cognus
Darth Zannah
Darth Bane
Savage Opress

Mid Tier:
Kit Fisto
Tol Braga
Darth Baras
Lord Draahg
Senya
Vaylin
Lana Beniko

The Ellimist
No ordering within tiers:

Luke

Knightfall Vader
Reborn Palpatine

Yoda
RotS Sidious
Anakin

Mace Windu
Caedus
Plagueis
Krayt
Dooku
Jaina

Obi Wan
Kyle Katarn
Kyp Durron
Revan

Grievous
Kit Fisto

Malgus

Geistalt
Wait; why did I put Desann there?

Also, I concede that unchained Vaylin is stronger with the Force than Vader.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Geistalt
Top Tier:
Luke Skywalker
Jaina Solo Fel
Mace Windu
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Knightfall Vader

https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

For the last time:

As of 41.5 ABY, Jaina Solo is a mediocre combatant at best. She is inferior to the entire Jedi Council and many Jedi Knights. She is completely outclassed by Darth Caedus. There is no basis to the idea Jaina went from a sub-Kit Fisto combatant to above Yoda in the span of 2.5 years when not one of the nine Fate of the Jedi books even mention growth.

And no, this line: "All Luke's team had to do was take out that shield generator. On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as the Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order." is not going to change that.

Let's consider the context, for one. The trio (i.e Luke, Jaina, and Corran Horn) have to destroy a shield generator. The reasoning why the text even expands upon Jaina's status is to convey that, while she is just a Jedi Knight, she's just as capable as a Jedi Master for this mission.

Second, consider the terminology of the quote: " the combat equal of anyone in the Order." The quote would clearly have a different connotation if it instead read, " the combat equal of Luke Skywalker." There is an inherent distinction between the two quotes. The way Jaina's quote reads is generic, similar to quotes that Asajj Ventress has stating that she is a threat to "any Jedi," which we would all agree is different than, "Asajj Ventress is a threat to Yoda." Simply put, the intent is simply meant to convey Jaina is capable, not to slide in a suggestion that Jaina is just as skilled with a lightsaber as Luke himself.

Most importantly, the quote justifies it's stance by stating she has "proven time and time again." Spoiler: Jaina hasn't... as in, Jaina has never showed anything suggesting parity with Luke with a lightsaber, nor has she done it consistency. Clearly, then, we can recognize what I mentioned before, and that it's just meaning Jaina has showed time and time again she's just as capable as a Jedi Master (which, again is the premise of the quote), in which that is true (albeit debatably - and again not even in favor of Jaina).

It's also worth mentioning Fate of the Jedi rotates between character perspectives like most Star Wars novels do. The narrator hovers above the character's head and generally adopts the knowledge and biases of the characters. It's not at all out of the question that the narrator is reflecting the viewpoint of Jaina, similarly to how the narrator likely adopts the viewpoint of Darth Bane in regards to his musings that Kas'im might be the greatest swordsman ever.

samappo
Why the flying FVCK is Windu > Sidious as a duelist.

Azronger
Cancer list

samappo
Sheev after painfully transfererring into a clone body using a random lightsaber made DE Luke his ***** in a duel.

DrGlipGlop
Who would've guessed, Ant is right once again.

The Merchant
Originally posted by samappo
Sheev after painfully transfererring into a clone body using a random lightsaber made DE Luke his ***** in a duel.

On Byss, one of the greatest DS nexuses ever. On neutral ground Luke bested him.

DrGlipGlop
Top Tier:
Luke Skywalker
Jaina Solo Fel
Mace Windu
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Knightfall Vader

Very High Tier:
Darth Krayt
Darth Plagueis
Revan
Darth Vader
The Dark Apprentice
Starkiller
Galen Marek
Darth Tyranus
Darth Malgus
Darth Wyyrlok III
Cade Skywalker
Exar Kun
Ulic Qel-Droma
Darth Nyriss
Obi-Wan Kenobi

High Tier:
Darth Maul
Arcann
Shaak Ti
Lord Scourge
Satele Shan
Darth Marr
Darth Malak
Kyp Durron
Kyle Katarn
Viun Gaalan
Jerec
Desann
Vodo-Siosk Baas
Meetra Surik
Darth Traya
Darth Cognus
Darth Zannah
Darth Bane
Savage Opress

Mid Tier:
Kit Fisto
Tol Braga
Darth Baras
Lord Draahg
Senya
Vaylin
Lana Beniko

This list is so bad I don't know where to begin.

AncientPower
Top tier:

Darth Sidious
Knightfall!Vader
Yoda
Luke Skywalker

Very high tier:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Exar Kun
Count Dooku
Ulic Qel-Droma
Reborn Krayt
Darth Vader
Outlander
Darth Caedus
Mace Windu

High tier:
Maul
Emperor's Wrath
Meetra Surik
Darth Malgus
Arcann
Savage Opress
Jaina Solo Fel
Revan
Malak

Something like that.

DrGlipGlop
Top Tier:
- Exar Kun
- Knightfall Vader
- Luke Skywalker
- Darth Sidious
- Yoda
- Revan

Very High Tier:
- Count Dooku / Ulic Qel-Droma
- Reborn Krayt
- Outlander
- Mace Windu
- Darth Malak

High Tier:
- Darth Maul / Obi-Wan Kenobi (These guys are probably in between Very High and High Tier)
- Emperor's Wrath
- Arcann
- Darth Malgus
- Darth Vader
- Meetra Surik
- Savage Opress

Mid Tier:
- Asajj Ventress / Sora Bulq
- The B-Team
- Shaak Ti
- The Rest of PT Jedi Council

Low Tier:
- Darth Caedus
- Galen Marek

samappo
Exar Kun no 1 😂😂😂

DrGlipGlop
On second thought, Dooku belongs in the top tier.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Merchant
On Byss, one of the greatest DS nexuses ever. On neutral ground Luke bested him.

Would you please stop saying that? I'll debunk that shit soon.

Ursumeles
Top Tier:
Jaina Solo Fel
I formulate my opinions based on the general consensus. mmm

samappo
Isn't that nexus an extension of Sheev, powered by him?

Ursumeles
Anyway, Tiers aren't ordered:

Top Tier:
- Luke
- Anakin
- Yoda
- Sidious
- Mace
- Plagueis (?)

Very high tier:
- Caedus
- Dooku
- Krayt
- Kun
- Vader
- Revan
- Ulic
- Maul
- Kenobi
- Malgus
- Arcann
- Wrath (?)
- HoT
- Cade
- Lumiya

High tier:
- Savage
- Aryn
- B-Team
- Ventress
- Kyle
- Jaina
- Mara
Etc.

Edit: Very High Tier seems a bit big mmm. Oh well.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

For the last time:

As of 41.5 ABY, Jaina Solo is a mediocre combatant at best. She is inferior to the entire Jedi Council and many Jedi Knights. She is completely outclassed by Darth Caedus. There is no basis to the idea Jaina went from a sub-Kit Fisto combatant to above Yoda in the span of 2.5 years when not one of the nine Fate of the Jedi books even mention growth.

And no, this line: "All Luke's team had to do was take out that shield generator. On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as the Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order." is not going to change that.

Let's consider the context, for one. The trio (i.e Luke, Jaina, and Corran Horn) have to destroy a shield generator. The reasoning why the text even expands upon Jaina's status is to convey that, while she is just a Jedi Knight, she's just as capable as a Jedi Master for this mission.

Second, consider the terminology of the quote: " the combat equal of anyone in the Order." The quote would clearly have a different connotation if it instead read, " the combat equal of Luke Skywalker." There is an inherent distinction between the two quotes. The way Jaina's quote reads is generic, similar to quotes that Asajj Ventress has stating that she is a threat to "any Jedi," which we would all agree is different than, "Asajj Ventress is a threat to Yoda." Simply put, the intent is simply meant to convey Jaina is capable, not to slide in a suggestion that Jaina is just as skilled with a lightsaber as Luke himself.

Most importantly, the quote justifies it's stance by stating she has "proven time and time again." Spoiler: Jaina hasn't... as in, Jaina has never showed anything suggesting parity with Luke with a lightsaber, nor has she done it consistency. Clearly, then, we can recognize what I mentioned before, and that it's just meaning Jaina has showed time and time again she's just as capable as a Jedi Master (which, again is the premise of the quote), in which that is true (albeit debatably - and again not even in favor of Jaina).

It's also worth mentioning Fate of the Jedi rotates between character perspectives like most Star Wars novels do. The narrator hovers above the character's head and generally adopts the knowledge and biases of the characters. It's not at all out of the question that the narrator is reflecting the viewpoint of Jaina, similarly to how the narrator likely adopts the viewpoint of Darth Bane in regards to his musings that Kas'im might be the greatest swordsman ever.

I wanna see the Forcecast try and counter this.

Azronger
laughing out loud

"Jaina can compete with DE Sidious." - EvanNova95

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Other thread have canon revelation that Palpatine is beyond skill in addition to beyond power. He is number 1 IMO

Geistalt
The tier list isn't in order. It's just in arguable tiers of skill. I'll designate which numbers they're ranked at later. And I forgot to include Darth Venamis. And the Outlander. And the 2nd Emperor's Wrath.

I didn't even remember the quote, nor that Luke wasn't part of the order at the time.

DarthAnt66
Why did you put Jaina so high, then?

The Ellimist
Jaina was blocking blows from Caedus (LotF) who can deflect turbolasers long before his prime (LotF), and turbolasers can generate more energy than the combined nuclear arsenal of the United States by orders of magnitude (ICS II and III). smile

DarthAnt66
Let me correct you on that one:

Jaina was struggling against a mentally disturbed Caedus that was missing an arm and just had a lightsaber impaled in his gut via ambush.

Jaina noted Caedus shouldn't even be alive when they started fighting and yet Caedus still was better than her for most of the fight.

The Ellimist
A great feat for Caedus. smile

DarthAnt66
And a bad one for Jaina. thumb up

TenebrousWay

Luke
Knightfall Anakin
Sidious
Yoda

Very High

Mace
Exar Kun
Caedus
Dooku
The Outlander
Ulic
Obi Wan

Intermediate High

Krayt
Maul
Revan
Malgus
Arcann
Maul
Cade
Jaina(?)

Low High

Jaina(?)
Malak
HoT
Wrath
Savage
Ventress
B-Team
Meetra
Mara
Kyle
Aryn

Geistalt
I meant I didn't remember what the quote read.

Top Tier:
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Knightfall Vader / Yoda
4. Knightfall Vader / Yoda
5. Mace Windu
6. Darth Plagueis
The only people worthy of being 9.

Very High Tier:
7. Darth Krayt
8. Darth Plagueis
9. Revan / Darth Vader
10. Revan / Darth Vader
11. Starkiller(s) / Exar Kun / Ulic Qel-Droma
12. Starkiller(s) / Exar Kun / Ulic Qel-Droma
13. Starkiller(s) / Exar Kun / Ulic Qel-Droma
14. Darth Tyranus / Darth Malgus
15. Darth Tyranus / Darth Malgus
16. Darth Nyriss / Obi-Wan Kenobi / Darth Maul
17. Darth Nyriss / Obi-Wan Kenobi / Darth Maul
18. Darth Nyriss / Obi-Wan Kenobi / Darth Maul
19. Cade Skywalker / Darth Wyyrlok III
20. Cade Skywalker / Darth Wyyrlok III

High Tier:
21. Arcann / Shaak Ti
22. Arcann / Shaak Ti
23. Meetra Surik
24. Darth Traya

Not including Talzin, Darth Nihilus, or Darth Venamis.

AncientPower
Jesus Christ.

Geistalt
How can I improve? Aside from not ranking Plagueis twice, that is.

DarthAnt66
I respect your passion, Geis.

AncientPower
Nyriss is way too high. Kun is too low. Krayt is too high. Plagueis shouldn't even be > Dooku. Cade > Wyyrlok III. Windu isn't > Dooku. Revan isn't that high either.

TenebrousWay
I meant I didn't remember what the quote read.

High Tier:
24. Darth Traya

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

AncientPower
Given she studied ancient Sith lightsaber techniques from dozens of Sith holocrons, nevermind what was on Malachor V. Given she was already considered an excellent warrior on par with Yusanis decades earlier. Given she's the most intense dark side entity the second Emperor's Wrath had ever sensed before. Given she's capable of effortlessly defeating the Lost Jedi. Yeah, she's very obviously high tier.

Geistalt
This is just for Sabers, btw. I hardly take that list I made seriously. It was just what I felt like typing at the time.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I respect your passion, Geis. Thank you.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by AncientPower
Given she studied ancient Sith lightsaber techniques from dozens of Sith holocrons, nevermind what was on Malachor V.

Irrelevant.

Insufficient accolade to be named alongside those characters.

This has nothing to do with her combat abilities nor with her capacity to resist a pre-prime Baras' powers. Also, to note, the word used by the Wrath was "alive" not "intense".

The only thing she has in common with the people in the list, with the possible exception of Shaak Ti.

She's high tier in the mythos but not among the estabilished characters featured in the list.

samappo
Agree with Ancient Power here, Traya is WAY underrated in both force and lightsabers.

The Ellimist
Luke - he beats the Reborn Emperor way before his prime in DE, and all he needed was a barely mentioned "unlocking hidden resources" from a trainee Leia. Then he grows far more powerful through TUF and beyond. Clearly from that and holistic intent he's the top.

Zonakin / Knightfall Vader - his raw power is absurd, combined with prodigious technical skill.

Palpatine - while he's out of practice by Dark Empire his being in a young body and enormous strength in the Force should put him here.

Yoda - he seemed to be either stalemating or slightly edging RotS Sidious as a duelist, and is either heavily implied or outright stated to be the best duelist the Jedi had ever had to that point.

Windu / Caedus / Plagueis / Krayt - you could make a strong case for any of these.

Azronger
The lack of Tenebrous on your list displeases me, Ell

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Azronger
The lack of Tenebrous on your list displeases me, Ell

Tenebrous < Plagueis as a duelist probably.

Azronger
Tenebrous was a dueling enthusiast; Plagueis wasn't. Tenebrous barely shared a fraction of his lightsaber knowledge with Plagueis and knows his style inside out.

samappo
Tenebrous is usually overlooked, yes.

Bentley
Tyranus cannot be placed under Mace. Dooku is being undersold.

The Ellimist
Tenebrous was a dueling enthusiast; Plagueis wasn't. Tenebrous barely shared a fraction of his lightsaber knowledge with Plagueis and knows his style inside out.

Sure, but from your own powerscaling the difference in raw power should be pretty massive, and I don't think the gap in technical skill is large enough to overcome that, especially as Plagueis was an incredibly skilled duelist himself (if not as enthusiastic about it).

samappo
Tenebrous named Plagueis a master of the art.

samappo
Plagueis didn't like lightsaber dueling any more than Sidious, and yet Sidious is perhaps the greatest duelist in the cosmos despite only fighting a few serious duels in his entire life.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Sure, but from your own powerscaling the difference in raw power should be pretty massive, and I don't think the gap in technical skill is large enough to overcome that, especially as Plagueis was an incredibly skilled duelist himself (if not as enthusiastic about it).

From my scaling the power gap between Tenebrous and Plagueis is tiny.

Pessimystic
It's interesting to see people place Plagueis on these lists. His lightsaber feats aren't special at all, he didn't give a shit about combat and therefore would've had no motivation to practice or master any of the forms. The little time he did have when he wasn't being Hego Damask was spent training Palpatine, and he later dedicated most of his effort to studying and experimenting with midichlorians.
It doesn't make sense.

It shows actual skill means nothing.

The Ellimist
From my scaling the power gap between Tenebrous and Plagueis is tiny.

How so? I seem to recall Plagueis unbalancing the Force *before* boosting his own midichlorian count.

Azronger
I'll have a thing coming explaining that soon

Freedon Nadd
I dare to put Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus in the Top Tier section. smile alien

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Pessimystic
It's interesting to see people place Plagueis on these lists. His lightsaber feats aren't special at all, he didn't give a shit about combat and therefore would've had no motivation to practice or master any of the forms. The little time he did have when he wasn't being Hego Damask was spent training Palpatine, and he later dedicated most of his effort to studying and experimenting with midichlorians.
It doesn't make sense.

It shows actual skill means nothing.

So, Darth Plagueis is a mutated evil version of dr. Rick?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Ellimist
How so? I seem to recall Plagueis unbalancing the Force *before* boosting his own midichlorian count.

When did Plagueis unbalance the Force in the novel? I thought it was explained that it was the Force's will all along. He even poses this question after their ritual is over.
And when did he boost his own midi-chlorian count? I thought Plagueis was of the idea that more midi-chlorians, doesn't=more Force power.

Maybe that's what he did to Shmi. He boosted her with midi-chlorian semen.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I dare to put Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus in the Top Tier section. smile alien

https://media.giphy.com/media/lE9wZlVFiFaKY/giphy.gif

samappo
Plagueis could best virtually anyone in lightsabers apart from Mace and Yoda on the Jedi council.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by samappo
Plagueis could best virtually anyone in lightsabers apart from Mace and Yoda on the Jedi council.

Good joke. laughing

Plagueis was more of a Force-user, not a lightsabre duelist.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/lE9wZlVFiFaKY/giphy.gif

Thanks for the agreement.

samappo
Yeah, anyone from the B-Team solos Plagueis right?

Jesus... might as well go to subscribe to evannova, and like his Obi beats Plagueis video ...

Pessimystic
^ Kenobi probably could

samappo
Plagueis hears someone dropping down behind him. He turns around.

"Hello there" says Kenobi.

Plagueis proceeds to ragdoll Kenobi. He telekinetically speaks to Kenobi, "If you thought Darth Maul's lightsaber was long, then you're in for a treat."

Needless to say, Kenobi would never forget that day...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.