Your Not Top Ten of 2017

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
The opposite of the thread we have celebrating the movies we loved... this time give the top 10 worst movies you saw in 2017.

disclaimer: my list may not contain movies that are THAT BAD because I'm typically good at avoiding complete shit movies; nonetheless, they are the worst movies that I saw in 2017.

Daddy's Home 2
The Dark Tower
Flatliners
Killing Gunther
The Layover
Mother!
The Mummy
Snatched
The Snowman
Transformers: Hopefully the Last Transformers movie Michael Bay makes

marwash22
also, inb4 anyone says 'Justice League' is one of the 10 worst movies they saw in 2017... which is a lie unless you only saw 10 movies.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
also, inb4 anyone says 'Justice League' is one of the 10 worst movies they saw in 2017... which is a lie unless you only saw 10 movies. The Mummy was more entertaining than JL tbh.

carthage
Justice League
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
The Mummy

Khazra Reborn
Justice League
Underworld: Blood Wars
Transformers:TLK

D1ckSpl1tter
blade runner 2049 any1

-Pr-
Blade Runner is a divisive movie, but I don't think anyone can say it's an objectively terrible movie.

Justice League's worth is helped or hurt immensely by how much or how little you care about the characters in it and how they're portrayed. If you're a Flash fan, I wouldn't be surprised if you feel about that movie the way I do about X-Men movies, but in general?

No, it isn't Transformers or Mummy bad.

BruceSkywalker
Justice League
Blade Runner 2049
Daddy's Home
The Mummy
Flatliners
Mother
Transformers: The Last Knight
Snatched

If anyone has a problem with me not liking Justice League, then I have two words for you...

E2f_aUH77qo

Josh_Alexander
The Mummy.
Baywatch.
Kingsman TGC
The Emoji Movie
The Circle
Justice League
The Last Jedi SW.

These were my 2017 disappointments listed.

steverules_2
Star Wars TLJ is right up there
Kingsman TGC
Bright

-Pr-
If we're including disappointments, TLJ and Thor 3 are probably mine.

Spider-Man didn't get a strong enough reaction from me to be disappointing.

Impediment
I loved Spider-Man, personally.

Justice League and Thor were definitely disappointments.

steverules_2
Felt like cutting out his eye and giving him an eye patch was a bit of a pointless move erm

jaden101
Not so much films that were inherently total garbage but that didn't live up to my expectations

Alien Covenant
The Great Wall
Justice League
Life
Kong
GotG 2
Ghost in the Shell
King Arthur
The Dark Tower
American Assassin

Adam Grimes
Lmao mentions at The Dark Tower and Alien: Covenant. This coming from someone who loves both franchises.

marwash22
i have a 4 year old niece and nephew who i often take off my sister/bro-in-law's hands by going the movies with them... and even i managed to avoid the Emoji movie.

how in the hell did you guys gets suckered into seeing that trash?

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
If we're including disappointments

Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor 3 really?

the only thing i had a problem with is the thing I've always had a problem with in the MCU, and that's Thor's strength/power level.

as a movie though, what were you disappointed with?

I wasn't disappointed with JL because my expectations were low to begin with.

Adam Grimes
What's your gripe with Thor's power level?

He was a total badass through the entire phucking movie. Extra points for going Ssj and keep fighting after losing his eye.

I loved Ragnarok.

marwash22
My gripe is based on his (and Hulk's) level from comics.

in the context of the movies, it's been portrayed just fine.

-Pr-
really?

the only thing i had a problem with is the thing I've always had a problem with in the MCU, and that's Thor's strength/power level.

as a movie though, what were you disappointed with?

I wasn't disappointed with JL because my expectations were low to begin with.

The movie, given the content of the story, just didn't take itself seriously enough for me. I like humour when it's done well, but in Thor it was the most excessive I've ever seen it, to the point that it actually took away from the experience for me.

Really funny movie mind you, but that's not what I was hoping to see from a movie titled Thor Ragnarok.

marwash22
heh. understandable.

i wasn't expecting the movie to be that funny either, but it was a pleasant surprise for me.

-Pr-
heh. understandable.

i wasn't expecting the movie to be that funny either, but it was a pleasant surprise for me.

As I'm sure it was with most people. I don't begrudge them it; I'm glad they liked it.

I do take some comfort in the belief that in Infinity War Thor will be more of a straight man to the funnier characters in the movie.

Adam Grimes
Tbh at the start of the movie I felt like Pr, but the humour was just so on point that I couldn't but forgive the movie for not taking itself seriously.

And in terms of what happens in the story it's still one of the darkest films in the MCU to date, that juxtaposition just made it all that much better.

Kazenji
Just didn't live up to my expectations-

Ghost In the Shell
Kingsman: The Golden Circle

..and Utter crap

The Mummy

steverules_2

how in the hell did you guys gets suckered into seeing that trash?

I wonder how they managed to sucker Patrick Stewart into being in the movie

Patient_Leech
Worst movies I've seen in 2017:

xXx: Xander Cage
Cure for Wellness
Alien: Covenant
Logan
Bright
Pirates of the Caribbean: 5
Baywatch
The Mummy
The Dark Tower
Life

I haven't seen and still want to see some of the following...

I, Tonya
Jusctice League
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Thor 3
The Great Wall
Dunkirk
Spidey Re-reboot Again
The Shape of Water
Lady Bird

I expect Star Wars, The Great Wall, and Justice League to end up on this list. lol. If they don't they will surprise me. Well actually I expect Justice League to end up in a category of its own, which is great unintentional comedy. lol. If it doesn't it will disappoint me and end up on this list.

John Murdoch
^Logan????!!!!!?!

Are you okay, Leech?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.