1/3/2018 - #2A (Ranking TWO, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
WHO IS THE #2 MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER?

---

RANKINGS:

1.) Luke Skywalker

----

BACKGROUND AND RULES: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t649092.html.

---

REMINDER: All characters are strictly in their Legends incarnation and are at peak combative (not potential) capabilities under normal conditions (no external amplifies or other temporary boosts are to be considered). All characters are at peak mental mindset while maintaining an accurate portrayal of their mindset and beliefs (morals on). Lightsaber skill and related abilities (such as physical strength, speed, etc.) is to be considered if relevant.

---

ADDITIONAL NOTICE #1: "Morals on" means that characters are fighting as they would be portrayed within the Star Wars universe given the conditions listed above. The intent is to not weaken the characters of any power, but rather for light-side characters to stay light-side characters. Thus, Luke Skywalker is not going to embrace the dark-side and use Force lightning or Force drain. Instead, Luke will bring all his powers to bear given the constraints of his ideology.

---

ADDITIONAL NOTICE #2: UnuThul will be considered with the amplified abilities he receives from the Killiks. Yoda is as demonstrated in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader (pre-suit) is including all events from Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, including events on the Invisible Hand or Operation: Knightfall - if the member is of the opinion that the conditions during such fit the standards outlined above.

---

BANNED CHARACTERS: Ones of Mortis, Abeloth, Bedlam Spirits, Force Demons, Terror from Beyond, Waru, Mother Talzin, Gethzerion, Onimi, Irek Ismaren, Sarasu Taalon, World Razer, Sekot, Yuuzhan'tar, and other exotic entities.

---

VOTE!

Pessimystic
Valkorion for me, but it's close...

Nephthys
Valkorion

cs_zoltan
Sheev

Ursumeles
Palpatine.

JKBart
Palps voter here

Emperordmb
Voted Sheev

Geistalt
Darth Sidious.

Total Warrior
I voted for Palpatine

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Why was Luke Skywalker chosen? I demand recount. Socks made this unfair. Palpatine wins. It is time people acknowledge true capabilities of Palpatine.

Beniboybling
Having doubts about Annie so I'll go Sheev.

The_Tempest
Sheev has the accolades and feats.

But to be honest, I didn't even consider KF!Anakin in the first round. Even as someone who's long championed the Zonakin phenomenon, I'm skeptical of the notion that Anakin ever rivaled or surpassed peak!Sheev.

But I'm open to someone concisely explaining to me why via an appropriate thread, PM, or Hangout/Discord. Emphasis on concisely.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Pessimystic
Valkorion for me, but it's close...

The Ellimist
I'm leaning Palpatine but haven't answered yet.

Lord Stark
My vote goes to peak!Yoda (~6-700 years of age)

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Lord Stark
My vote goes to peak!Yoda (~6-700 years of age)
The description states Yoda is to be taken as of ROTS only.

Azronger
The Galactic Emperor, obviously.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Sheev has the accolades and feats.

But to be honest, I didn't even consider KF!Anakin in the first round. Even as someone who's long championed the Zonakin phenomenon, I'm skeptical of the notion that Anakin ever rivaled or surpassed peak!Sheev.

But I'm open to someone concisely explaining to me why via an appropriate thread, PM, or Hangout/Discord. Emphasis on concisely.

The argument, which I don't agree with is:

- "base" Anakin is already considered by many sources to be a candidate for the most powerful Jedi even by the late Clone Wars. By the RotS novelization it's frequently implied or outright stated.

- then he grows vastly more powerful as Zonakin, and apparently vastly more powerful above that by Knightfall. People can speculate that puts him above peak Sheev.

- Gillard says Anakin/Vader can push further than tier 9, which implies tier 10, which nobody else in the PT is at and apparently the gap between tiers grows as the levels increase.

- Stover has some quotes about Anakin "willing" the Force to victory over Dooku and in landing the Invisible Hand and some people argue that this should be taken at least semi-literally.

----

I'm skeptical because:

- Stover's quotes about Anakin being the most powerful get contradicted frequently in his own novel, e.g. Yoda is called the most powerful foe the darkness had ever known. At best, it's a wash, or we realize that Yoda and Sidious have far more "best ever" quotes.

- Sidious only tells Yoda that Vader will become more powerful than either of them.

- Why TF would Yoda send Obi Wan after Vader because he thinks Obi Wan stands no chance against Palpatine if Vader were DE Sheev tier for all he knows?

- Even if Knightfall Vader > RotS Sidious, which is possible, it says nothing about him being above the DE incarnation that can bust moons and is a walking dark side nexus who had earlier been TP'ing the entire imperial military simultaneously at all times.

- The "willing the Force" sh*t is obviously hyperbolic; the same novelization could be used to put Dooku as a universal power.

TenebrousWay
Palpatine.

Rebel95
Sidious

Greysentinel365
Sheev

samappo
I voted Emperor Palpatine.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The description states Yoda is to be taken as of ROTS only.

I thought we could list whoever isn't banned via the other vote. Well in that case. Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
Ah, no, sorry for not clarifying. "Other" is for non-banned characters that weren't listed in the poll but a member thinks deserves the ranking anyway.

So, maybe like, Darth Nihilus, Soa, etc.

Lord Stark
Ah, no, sorry for not clarifying. "Other" is for non-banned characters that weren't listed in the poll but a member thinks deserves the ranking anyway.

So, maybe like, Darth Nihilus, Soa, etc.

All good, thanks for clarifying!

samappo
Nihilus is definitely in my top ten.

Rebel95
Yeah Nihilus is up there for sure

AncientPower
Due to the clear lack of respect for Vader, I'll go Valkorion.

Geistalt
Don't worry; I'll vote for him next round.

LordOfTheLight
Palpatine.

Geistalt
Any pre-prequel trilogy Yoda is conjecture; there's no way to gauge how powerful he was. But Force-users do tend to become more powerful as they get older.

NewGuy01
Soa, etc.

>soa allowed
>not talzin

yeah, shit thread confirmed, not participating

DarthAnt66
The reasoning Talzin was excluded is because her power - especially in Legends - is wholly dependent on the nexus she is on.

Not to mention, in Legends, the best stuff with Talzin we get doesn't even include Son of Dathomir, so we have little on her.

Geistalt
Someone's butthurt. Talzin's not a natural Force-user, by her own admission.

Pessimystic
Soa is barely behind these guys.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Geistalt
Someone's butthurt. Talzin's not a natural Force-user, by her own admission.
thumb up

samappo
Yoda actually got a bit weaker in the force due his age apparently. Didn't he fail to lift some of the stones he was able to at a younger age when he reached 700 or something?

JKBart
it's actually pretty interesting and i can easily see prime Yoda from, like, 200 BBY being superior to Sids, but there's just no way to know anything. anything is possible, ranging from prime 300 BBY Yoda being just a tiny notch below prime Luke, with RotS Yoda being actually the best just because the war pressure

PussyHatter
Round 3

Selenial
Sheev.

Pessimystic
Just here for the day Selenial? Or will you be leaving shortly, only to show up months later for an equally short period of time?

Selenial
Probably the latter. KMC is dull these days.

Azronger
What could be done to make it exciting again?

hutchy1345
Sidious
Best feats

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
What could be done to make it exciting again? blood sacrifices.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
blood sacrifices.

yes

DarthAnt66
Valkorion (5):
Pessimystic
Nephthys
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
AncientPower
S_W_LeGenD

Palpatine (15):
cs_zoltan
jkbart
Ursumeles
Emperordmb
Geistalt
Total Warrior
Beniboybling
Azronger
TenebrousWay
Rebel95
Greysentinel365
Lord Stark
LordOfTheLight
Selenial
hutchy1345

Undecided (3):
DarthAnt66
The_Tempest
The Ellimist

Palpatine wins by enough votes that a run-off isn't required.

The Ellimist
^ kek at putting Tempest in undecided.

Also, move me to Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
He stated he didn't vote yet.

The Ellimist
Which is technically true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.