The Dread Masters; underrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
In this thread I'm going to explain why I think the Dread Masters are heavily underrated and not at all respected in a manner they deserve.

Firstly, the Dread Masters' extreme mastery of the dark side due to their nigh immortality is massively overlooked:

Their powers were harnessed from mastering and perfecting the Phobis Devices, artifacts of incredible power:

The power of the Phobis Devices is enough to drive up to a trillion people insane and cause mass dark side corruption, warping planets as Oricon was:

This insanity was completely and utterly irreversible:

The madness was so deep that a subject could take ten blaster shot holes through them without dying or feeling any pain:

With this new power, they became nigh-immortal, centuries-old human Sith Lords:

The powers they harnessed through mastery of the Phobis devices, converted the planet of Oricon into a hellacious dark side nexus of immeasurable power:

https://images.mmorpg.com/features/9505/images/Oricon.jpg

Raptus was capable of offensively teleporting a strike team across Oricon: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4819006-8429147968-3dBYE.gif

Calphayus was single-handedly capable of seeing many threads of the future simultaneously and prevented many disasters:

The Phobis Devices and the Dread Masters themselves are one-in-the-same:

They're capable of using teleportation against entire strike teams in combat; they can inflict mass incurable insanity on entire planets; can turn planets into hellish warped dark side worlds; and have achieved a degree of immortality.

I'm not attempting to claim they stomp Yoda or anything of the sort, but they deserve massive respect.

Pessimystic
Nah, I don't think they're underrated.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Dread Masters are insanely strong, yeah.

NewGuy01
But collectively insignificant compared to a Vitiate-class heavyweight. thumb down

AncientPower
Which isn't a slight against them. Though it's said that Vitiate did fear them getting too strong.

Ursumeles
The Phobis devices seem really OP mmm

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
But collectively insignificant compared to a Vitiate-class heavyweight. thumb down

They also got captured by a single Jedi Knight and Republic SF team despite all that power.

Hm...

Anyway I don't think they're underrated, they just aren't talked about much, doesn't make them underrated.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Zenwolf
They also got captured by a single Jedi Knight and Republic SF team despite all that power.

Hm...

Though we don't know the context or if it was a single Jedi Master, AFAIK.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Though we don't know the context or if it was a single Jedi Master, AFAIK.

It specifically said Jedi Knight Jaric Kaedan worked with an elite Republic SF team to capture the DMs, nothing else from the Journal of Gnost-Dural and the TOR Codex.

Sure we don't know the context, but even still it's pretty dumb with all the power they shouldn't even have been captured. If they had a reason to be captured, it sure as hell was never stated from what I recall. If they have no reason, then they shouldn't have been captured in the first place.

Azronger
If there's no context it shouldn't be used against them

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Azronger
If there's no context it shouldn't be used against them

I wasn't saying to use against them, I just said with all the hype and power they have, them getting captured like such is a little stupid with or without context. If they had to be captured, it could have been done a little better than that.

I wouldn't say they are underrated though, just no one talks about em much.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes, the Dread Masters are underrated.

TBH, they are masters of Sith Sorcery and would have many surprises up their sleeve.

AncientPower
Jaric Kaedan uses a special variant of Form VII called 'Juyo Kai' which he says shields him from dark side attacks. It's why he's an army buster on Ilum. Not to mention he's a fvckin beast in his own right. It's also quite possible they were caught in mid-meditation and thus vulnerable.

Nephthys
I'd always assumed they were.

DarthAnt66
People giving shit to the Dread Masters for a Jedi Master ambushing them but ignore when a bounty hunter walked up to Vader and beat the shit out of him with a metal pole.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
Jaric Kaedan uses a special variant of Form VII called 'Juyo Kai' which he says shields him from dark side attacks. It's why he's an army buster on Ilum. Not to mention he's a fvckin beast in his own right. It's also quite possible they were caught in mid-meditation and thus vulnerable.

Oh? Where exactly does it say that?

Because all he has really, is that he was a living weapon guided by The Force. That's fancy and all, but I still don't see why this makes him immune to the DM and even if you really wanna stretch it, ok sure...then what about the Republic Forces?

Plus weren't individually these DMs taking on much more powerful foes than Jaric? And frankly they have more to their name which should suggest they should be more powerful than him anyway.

Ok they were caught mid-meditation, so why does that suddenly mean they can't fight back? The Republic Forces should be piss ants compared to the power they wield. It could have been at least a team of Jedi, not just 1 Jedi and a team of SF. That would have at least made a little more sense.

Their power and what happened, just doesn't add up unless they were wanting to get captured, which I'm all for if that's the case but there's never really any reason as to why.

But again, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it all is, I'm fine with ignoring the instance it's just somewhat...well a bad first impression imo.

DarthAnt66
We get it, Zenwolf, you vape.

AncientPower
It's said straight up by him on Ilum, but he refuses to teach a PC because it's so dangerous.

Darth Jadus lost to Cipher Nine, he's still the most powerful Sith in the empire.

It's not bad showings for them, it's just really good showings for those who defeated them.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
We get it, Zenwolf, you vape.

Never done it, no.

I mean if you guys are fine with something that doesn't really add up, that's fine with me.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
It's said straight up by him on Ilum, but he refuses to teach a PC because it's so dangerous.

Darth Jadus lost to Cipher Nine, he's still the most powerful Sith in the empire.

It's not bad showings for them, it's just really good showings for those who defeated them.

Well I haven't played it in awhile, so fair enough.

Plus didn't Nine just hold him at bay? I don't recall a straight up defeat and there was something about a shield trap or something involved.

I'm not saying it's any kind of showing, I'm just saying how it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense when taking into everything.

Azronger
People giving shit to the Dread Masters for a Jedi Master ambushing them but ignore when a bounty hunter walked up to Vader and beat the shit out of him with a metal pole.

Quote/scan?

DarthAnt66
Quote/scan?
https://i.imgur.com/gSli9va.jpg

By no means did Vader want to kill Sang, but there is no indication whatsoever he just allowed Sang to beat him up.

Azronger
Comic name?

Zenwolf
Quote/scan?

Think he's referring to Falco Sang, an assassin whose reputation in killing is similar to Boba Fett like his hunting.

Although forgetting that Sang was being trained by the Empire under Vader and that the officer told him to impress Vader and Vader told him to overcome his fear.

DarthAnt66
Although forgetting that Sang was being trained by the Empire under Vader and that the officer told him to impress Vader and Vader told him to overcome his fear.
I'm not forgetting that. It's just that none of that remotely justifies it, lawl.

And, as of this point, I don't think Vader has trained him - at least not in H2H.

Zenwolf
I'm not forgetting that. It's just that none of that remotely justifies it, lawl.

And, as of this point, I don't think Vader has trained him - at least not in H2H.

He had been trained before that whole instance in Fire Carrier. Vader designed his own training pretty much, giving him obstacle courses, going up against droids and so on.

Sang was frightened of Vader when they trained together, Vader told him to man up and overcome his fear or he was useless to Vader. He did train him.

I think it's more reasonable he allowed it so Sang could show he didn't fear Vader anymore and as soon as that was sufficient he completely dominated him.

DarthAnt66
So jumping over boxes + fighting a few robots + getting an inspirational talk by Vader = justifiably beating the shit out of Vader?

Seems legit.

Zenwolf
So jumping over boxes + fighting a few robots + getting an inspirational talk by Vader = justifiably beating the shit out of Vader?

Seems legit.

Not seeing the whole picture I see.

Also Vader allowing it, then sure.

DarthAnt66
The fact Vader encouraged this sort of behavior does not remotely suggest Vader isn't going to defend himself against it.

That just... doesn't follow, especially with how we know Sith operate.

Zenwolf
The fact Vader encouraged this sort of behavior does not remotely suggest Vader isn't going to defend himself against it.

That just... doesn't follow, especially with how we know Sith operate.

He did defend himself, the officer told Sang to impress Vader, Sang had to overcome his fear of Vader. As soon as Sang struck him with the part, Vader immediately ended it and Sang asked how did he do with his impression?

Vader said it was better than the last time and Vader isn't exactly like other Sith.

But anyway were kinda veering off the topic at hand, no the DMs aren't underrated imo, they just aren't talked about a whole lot compared to other Force Users. Which I find a little strange, since the lot of you really seem to like the TOR characters.

DarthAnt66
Exactly. The point Vader ended it only after getting speedblitzed and wacked with a metal pole is the entire point.

ffs, stop posting

Zenwolf
Exactly. The point Vader ended it only after getting speedblitzed and wacked with a metal pole is the entire point.

ffs, stop posting

Right and Vader seemed to have allowed it with all the other evidence prior. But were going in circles at this point, you wanna have your view that's fine too.

DarthAnt66
You have provided no evidence whatsoever that Vader allowed himself to get beat up.

If Vader wanted ShitHunter to improve, he wouldn't just stroke his ego - he'd want him to actually perform.

If Vader could have just destroyed ShitHunter easily, he would have and told him to improve to the point where he could actually do that.

The fact ShitHunter got in two crucial blows before Vader ended the fight - and then Vader telling him that he improved - indicates that what ShitHunter did was legit.

Your notion that Vader wants to make ShitHunter feel good about himself just baffles me.

go away

Zenwolf
Fine Ant, believe what you want.

DarthAnt66
Fine Ant, believe what you want.
https://media.giphy.com/media/GW10shdM3oXok/giphy.gif

Pessimystic
https://i.imgur.com/gSli9va.jpg

By no means did Vader want to kill Sang, but there is no indication whatsoever he just allowed Sang to beat him up.

I'd never seen this. Azronger has no response, RIP.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlickeringLankyCats-max-1mb.gif

Freedon Nadd
I was always of the belief that Darth Sidious was in the league of the Dread Masters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.