State of SWTOR in 2018

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Some people seem to be interested in the state of SWTOR and its future, so I decided to update everybody:

-Class stories which haven't been seen since a cameo in Shadow of Revan, will make a return.
-Timothy Zahn has been a lead writer since A Traitor Among the Chiss was in development.
-Andronikos Revel, Kira Carsen and Lord Scourge are the companions set to return. (Dark Side Jaesa is returning too; but at a later date, meaning she's the Canon option)
-New GSF/PVP maps, and five Operation bosses are coming very soon.
-Five new 'mega servers' will replace the 17 current ones, massively increasing the communities due to new server stability updates. RP 'safe spaces' are still a thing.
-The Last Jedi caused a 20% spike in new accounts/subs, 14% retention. Active population still over 400,000.
-Both Darth Jadus and Darth Malgus have been teased at CC Talks.

darthbane77
Huh, cool. Hopefully Zahn's next writings for SWTOR don't suck as much ass as Traitor Among the Chiss did.

AncientPower
It was already in development by the time he came on.

darthbane77
Eh, still. I heard he was the writer for it.

AncientPower
Most of it was already written by Hall Hood.

darthbane77
Ah, I'll shift my blame to him then.

JKBart
I would be so goddamn happy to be able to finally see Scourge addressing anything lol.

Jmanghan
It's boring.

Haschwalth
I need a reason to play the expansions.
Stopped before the chiss one.

NewGuy01
>Scourge will soon appear

izax is tenebrae confirmed

AncientPower
Lol. If he does, he's genuinely an upper tier Entity.

samappo
I haven't played for ages.

KMCadmin
no one cares LMAO

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by JKBart
I would be so goddamn happy to be able to finally see Scourge addressing anything lol.

https://i.imgur.com/EdDDIyQ.png

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, Scourge is trying to find a way to an hero, to no avail

The Ellimist
I kinda wish they had a MMORG set in the NJO era, where you can have like boss battles against the reborn Palpatine, Shimrra, Abeloth, etc.

FreshestSlice
That sounds terrible.

Tzeentch
That sounds like dogshit, yeah.

The Ellimist
Why is it on principle worse than TOR again?

FreshestSlice
It's set in NJO, one of the most boring and unneeded eras, especially considering how close it is to the OT, where you have boss battles against entities the main cast of NJO already defeated, completely invalidating their existence. It's already failed on principle.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Why is it on principle worse than TOR again?

They are equally retarded, but at least TOR had the decency to distance itself from the movie timeline.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
It's set in NJO, one of the most boring and unneeded eras, especially considering how close it is to the OT, where you have boss battles against entities the main cast of NJO already defeated, completely invalidating their existence. It's already failed on principle.

Yeah I guess that's a problem if you wanna be very strict with continuity.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
They are equally retarded, but at least TOR had the decency to distance itself from the movie timeline.

JKBart
unuthul stomps vitiate

AncientPower
None of this shit has anything to do with the OP you cvnts.

FreshestSlice
Half the OP is bullshit and the rest is already on swtor.com. Why would anyone give a damn about what it says?

AncientPower
None of it is bullshit, rofl. This is from the October update.

Nephthys
Its useful for people like me who complete plugged out of the game and can't be asked to look back into it.

nfactor1995
Jadus and Malgus have been teased? In what capacity?

AncientPower
They keep popping up in datamining.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by AncientPower
They keep popping up in datamining.

It would be glorious to have Malgus at his proper peaking order in SWTOR, above Arcann, below Hotlander.

NewGuy01
Malgus being above Arcann would make no sense at all.

JKBart
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Malgus being above Arcann would make no sense at all.

> implying SWTOR cares about its plot making sense

wtf

AncientPower
They've tried very hard to reconcile the expansions with pre-4.0 SWTOR to be fair.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
None of it is bullshit, rofl. This is from the October update.
I mean, just off the top of my head, you said class stories are coming back, which isn't true. Just some class specific Alliance alerts for companions. Five operation bosses aren't coming soon, just one. Server merge was months ago, but I guess that would be news in October(along with ops). Light Jaesa has dialogue in game, so the fact that the rest of it isn't in there yet doesn't mean that only Dark Jaesa is coming back. And there's really no signs of Jadus or Malgus coming back anytime soon, but I guess it's possible.

AncientPower
Er, Charles Boyd has said he's looking into class-based stories in the future even after they mentioned returning companions. It'd be misleading for them to claim two things when it's really one.

I guess I should've specified five Nightmare mode Ops bosses.

It was noted specifically on numerous sites to be DS Jaesa.

Their names pop up repeatedly in datamining.

DarthAnt66
Anything with Revan?

AncientPower
Nothing I've noticed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.