Goku defeats Beerus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Tournament ends and Goku challenges Beerus. If he wins, how would you take it?

TethAdamTheRock
If he beats Jiren then he wins

Ridley_Prime
My concern more-so would be how Beerus gets treated as a character long run... Once you're surpassed by Goku and friends, you tend to get character decay and become mostly irrelevant. I don't want Beerus' character to be wasted and become fodder just because of Goku or others having Ultra Instinct.

Kento
That Super doesn't know what it wants to do. Because it's Vegeta and Goku that are destined to beat Beerus, not Goku. xD

Ridley_Prime
Yeah well, some just care more for feats for Goku or him being strong af than they do basic storytelling...

Kento
And that's why Super anime is widely popular despite it's inconsistent showings for him sadly.

TethAdamTheRock
Isnt Goku supposed to become the super saiyan god of destruction, or is that vegita?

I doubt beerus will become irrelevent, look at buu and freiza

Ridley_Prime
*looks at Cell, despite his popularity*

It could go either way for Beerus I guess.

Kento
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Isnt Goku supposed to become the super saiyan god of destruction, or is that vegita?

I doubt beerus will become irrelevent, look at buu and freiza Buu is irrelevant... He gets shafted every time something comes up to happen.

Inedian
He ain't beating Beerus soon. Beerus is the most powerful GoD, most powerful mortal doesn't stand a chance against him, not yet, not even close.

cdtm
Stupidest thread ever, and that's saying something. laughing

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kento
Buu is irrelevant... He gets shafted every time something comes up to happen.
Like Buu, Beerus sleeps a lot... Perfect way to make the once revered GoD into an irrelevant gag character. eek!

#plzdontdothistoei

Dark-Kenshin
The only way Goku beating Beerus is good is if Super is about to end. Otherwise, it's the equivalent to only lasting 10 seconds during sex before blowing your wad. And when you think about, that pretty much describes this entire tournament arc. Am gonna make a thread detailing a lengthy review of it when the arc finishes.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah well, some just care more for feats for Goku or him being strong af than they do basic storytelling... Word.

Galan007
Goku will only defeat Beerus IF he *fully* masters UI. I say this because Whis' comments have heavily implied that, while Beerus has yet to completely master UI himself, he's very close -- closer than anyone else, in fact.

...That's what gave Beerus a huge advantage over the other universes' Hakaishin in the manga, for example.

bbrem123
My question is why is UI for Goku so different? I wonder if this will ever be explained.

Galan007
Because 'cool visuals' help sell amps/boosts more in DB-lore..? I really don't think there is any deeper of an explanation, tbh. /shrug

I'm still hoping that once Goku acclimates to UI more, the whole 'transformation' thing goes away... It literally makes no sense.

cdtm
It might not even be UI. Whis did say she doesn't know what the heats about.

bbrem123
Look at Whis/Beerus, they don't have any transformation when they use UI. I hope there is some kind of hidden attribute a saiyan gets or something.

I think it is UI though. Hence all the evading and what not.

Galan007
It's definitely UI. The Daishinkan and Whis postulated such(as did Beerus), and the Angels are never wrong -- especially in matters like this.

NewGuy01
I think what CDTM means is that the transformation might not be UI itself, but rather, it's the form that allows him to use UI.

Galan007
I doubt that's what he meant.

But if we're trying to make logical sense out of something illogical, that is probably the best explanation... I still hope it goes away once Goku acclimates to UI, though. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.