Vader #10 - Summary and Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-10?id=128578

---

Good comic. Vader kills Commander Fox, which was a surprise.

I'm glad to see Nu is dead. Palpatine calling her a "witch" is amusing.

Galan007
I'll go ahead and throw this in here for future reference:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t649356.html

Zenwolf
The Clones were really dumb this issue...also Vader doesn't want to hurt Nu, yet throws an exploding weapon right at her...logic.

FreshestSlice
Not sure how I feel about this one. Most of the story was okay, but Vader needing a reason to murder Fox was just excessive.

AncientPower
All hope I had for Canon Vader went down the drain with these last few comics. It's getting to Legends tier mustache twirling shit real fast.

Kurk

TenebrousWay
Yeah, the whole taunt was pretty stupid. The Chosen One shouldn't be concerned by a half dozen random force sensitives. Vader should've sent the chip to Palpatine and tell him to train those kids as best as possible, so he can chop some limbs in the future.

quanchi112
Pay the comics no mind. It's practically another continuity altogether. It's just a plot to sell merchandise. The films and the directors don't care nor should they about this nonsense.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
Pay the comics no mind. It's practically another continuity altogether. It's just a plot to sell merchandise. The films and the directors don't care nor should they about this nonsense.

Pay the comics no mind....in a forum titled Star Wars Literature & Expanded Universe. Right...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Pay the comics no mind....in a forum titled Star Wars Literature & Expanded Universe. Right... You can pay attention to whatever you wish I'm just saying these don't really apply to the film and action series continuity. It's a ploy to sell more merchandise. This will only get more ridiculous as the stories mount. Tried the same nonsense with the Trek Kelvin comics. I was just trying to say don't be a sucker. Don't pay these comics with any serious weight overall with the mythos.

Yw.

Zenwolf
You can pay attention to whatever you wish I'm just saying these don't really apply to the film and action series continuity. It's a ploy to sell more merchandise. This will only get more ridiculous as the stories mount. Tried the same nonsense with the Trek Kelvin comics. I was just trying to say don't be a sucker. Don't pay these comics with any serious weight overall with the mythos.

Yw.

It's not applying to the films or the mythos because why? It's all intertwined within one whole universe. There might be discrepancies sure, but nothing is ever perfect.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's not applying to the films or the mythos because why? It's all intertwined within one whole universe. There might be discrepancies sure, but nothing is ever perfect. The directors and the pitches for the films don't take into account the silliness from the comics. Trek used to say their comic tie ins were official as well until Bob Orci goofed and admitted only the live action series and films were canon. This is just a ploy to sell comics and these stories aren't meant to be taken seriously or even add up to the films and live action series IMO. the comic feats tend to be insane and from an entirely different continuity in comparison with movie feats.

Any intelligent marketer understands if they slap the word canon on the Star Wars stuff it'll get the fanboys out there to blow their wads buying all of it.

Kurk
Quanchi isn't going to join me in bashing Vader like we did in the good 'ole days? *shock*

Freedon Nadd
Kurk, are you watching Arrow and the Flash(CW)?

Kurk
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Kurk, are you watching Arrow and the Flash(CW)? never heard of it

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Quanchi isn't going to join me in bashing Vader like we did in the good 'ole days? *shock* I don't need to look outside the films and live action series to do so. Just look to Rogue One and just laugh out loud that the burn victim couldn't get the plans from screaming untrained wimps who pretend they are men. Comics are just to sell merchandise.

quanchi112

relentless1
If you choose to pay attention to this nonsense the directors don't care about it and buy into them selling merchandise that's your deal. Directors don't have to because they dont matter. You can buy what they tell you but it's like trusting a car salesman.

It's the same as with Trek. Don't buy everything you hear try to be a little less naive.

if its considered canon then its canon end of story. You have no say in whats legit and whats not

relentless1
as far as this issue is concerned I think that im one of the few that actually liked and understood Vaders actions; remember him killing Fox is just the first in a long line of death-by-chokes that hes done to those who failed him; how is this any different from killing Ozzel for the small infraction of coming out of light speed too early??

And destroying the information on Force sensitives is exactly what young, freshly minted Vader would do... hes just lost his wife and Palpatine is the only person hes got left; he may be getting better at living in his suit physically but hes still got deep deep mental and emotional scars and having to deal with competition at this point in his life would probably too much for him to take so he did what he had to to secure his position; im sure he remembers what happened to Dooku after all....

Kurk
Originally posted by relentless1
as far as this issue is concerned I think that im one of the few that actually liked and understood Vaders actions; remember him killing Fox is just the first in a long line of death-by-chokes that hes done to those who failed him; how is this any different from killing Ozzel for the small infraction of coming out of light speed too early??

And destroying the information on Force sensitives is exactly what young, freshly minted Vader would do... hes just lost his wife and Palpatine is the only person hes got left; he may be getting better at living in his suit physically but hes still got deep deep mental and emotional scars and having to deal with competition at this point in his life would probably too much for him to take so he did what he had to to secure his position; im sure he remembers what happened to Dooku after all.... This question is worthy of its own thread, but what makes Vader "more forgiving than the emperor" as he says himself in RotJ if he kills his own men over minor infractions? It was Sidious who spared Xizor when Vader was choking him out. It seems to me that Sheev is the more forgiving one; at least rationally speaking.

Zenwolf

And destroying the information on Force sensitives is exactly what young, freshly minted Vader would do... hes just lost his wife and Palpatine is the only person hes got left; he may be getting better at living in his suit physically but hes still got deep deep mental and emotional scars and having to deal with competition at this point in his life would probably too much for him to take so he did what he had to to secure his position; im sure he remembers what happened to Dooku after all....

Well Ozzel apparently has failed Vader multiple times beforehand, the blunder at Hoth was the last straw hence.

"You have failed me for the last time Admiral."

Plus it wasn't really a minor infraction given what Vader had in mind for Skywalker and eliminating the Rebels.

quanchi112
if its considered canon then its canon end of story. You have no say in whats legit and whats not I am a realist not someone who believes what the car salesman tells me. You're fine to think the comics and games matter but when you grow up and want to be a man let me know you child.

Darth Thor

Kurk
https://media1.tenor.com/images/54451401d52c0dd2fe9ee5752857d53c/tenor.gif

Freedon Nadd
Sheev was Force-regulating Vader, ok?

quanchi112

Freedon Nadd
So quan chi regulates Kurk. Happy Dance

Better story than Twilight.

Kurk
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
So quan chi regulates Kurk. Happy Dance

Better story than Twilight. I am his protege.

quanchi112
I am his protege.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/4f4cbe7b7f95f039524f96a6d5d0cf78/tumblr_o4tasjMCJ41rlheeoo1_500.gif

Freedon Nadd
I also assume you're a girl, Kurk. But a girl who wants to be a man.

relentless1
This question is worthy of its own thread, but what makes Vader "more forgiving than the emperor" as he says himself in RotJ if he kills his own men over minor infractions? It was Sidious who spared Xizor when Vader was choking him out. It seems to me that Sheev is the more forgiving one; at least rationally speaking.

as I say; context is key here, this is Anakin freshly flayed if you will... hes still that emotional brat we saw in the PT only hes unleashed... also I think when Vader said that hes more forgiving than the Emperor in ROTJ he was being ironic as we all knew at that point he wasn't forgiving in the least

juggernaut74
Well I just read the issue and I am wondering if Jocasta Nu really dead? We don't really see a body and Vader did hide the flashdrive from the Emperor with those force sensistives names on it.

Freedon Nadd
Vader wanted to create his own Dark Side Protestant Church. Nice. Happy Dance

relentless1
I am a realist not someone who believes what the car salesman tells me. You're fine to think the comics and games matter but when you grow up and want to be a man let me know you child.

a realist aka a guy who cherry picks what he wants to support his lame fantasies about lame characters that hes in love with lol

quanchi112
a realist aka a guy who cherry picks what he wants to support his lame fantasies about lame characters that hes in love with lol No, I don't care what feats these guys have in the comics or the novels since these are just meant to sell merchandise. The directors don't care at all. We won't see this shit mentioned at all from the books in the films because it doesn't matter. If I cherry picked I'd select certain feats from the books but I'm consistent across the board. I don't use double standards, kid.

Rockydonovang
Vader killing clones with little to no reason is just terrible writing. he was loyal to clones, not sure why they'r echanging this and trying to make him into a palp clone.

relentless1
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Vader killing clones with little to no reason is just terrible writing. he was loyal to clones, not sure why they'r echanging this and trying to make him into a palp clone.

you do realize that Vader has killed many many subordinates for much less than Foxs f u c k up right?

Kurk
Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point?

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well I just read the issue and I am wondering if Jocasta Nu really dead? We don't really see a body and Vader did hide the flashdrive from the Emperor with those force sensistives names on it. I think she's dead. That's likely why her 'assistant' abandoned the makeshift school they'd put together at the end of the book -- there was no longer a teacher, nor the possibility of students at the time. However, the final page of the issue shows us that Luke discovered the school years later, so I certainly hope that aspect of the story is fleshed-out. After all, the many Holocrons Jocasta left would've helped him immensely in establishing a new Jedi Order -- as Palpatine himself said: "Jocasta Nu knows EVERYTHING".

And Vader didn't hide the memory crystal, he crushed it.

|King Joker|
RIP, Jocasta. sad

relentless1
Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point?

we see the difference between the two on several occasions; Vader chokes guys out yes but he kills them relatively quickly whereas we see that the Emperor likes to torture those that he intends to kill for a prolonged period of time as we see him do with Luke and even Maul way back in the Clone Wars

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Galan007
I think she's dead. That's likely why her 'assistant' abandoned the makeshift school they'd put together at the end of the book -- there was no longer a teacher, nor the possibility of students at the time. However, the final page of the issue shows us that Luke discovered the school years later, so I certainly hope that aspect of the story is fleshed-out. After all, the many Holocrons Jocasta left would've helped him immensely in establishing a new Jedi Order -- as Palpatine himself said: "Jocasta Nu knows EVERYTHING".

And Vader didn't hide the memory crystal, he crushed it. She probably is dead but it just seems odd we don't see Vader killing her let alone seeing her body lying in the rubble of the crashed ship, which leads me to wonder why did the ship even crash? Perhaps Vader was just making it look convincible.

Maybe I'm just looking into it too much.

Galan007
Vader was indeed covering his tracks to make his story convincing. After all, he didn't just lie to Palpatine -- he also ignored a direct order to capture her alive.

He had to stage *something* believable, or Palpatine would've been pissed.

Nephthys
Vader isn't the kind for mercy.

Galan007
Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point? He's not. That notion was blatantly disproven in issue #8 of the current series:
http://i.imgur.com/6rqwiCTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/zWwrRaIm.jpg

Palpatine basically told Vader to calm the f*ck down with the killing, because he didn't want to rule over a galaxy of the dead, lol.

DarthAnt66
I'm pretty sure that statement is intentionally ironic / a lie, given that is indeed Palpatine's plan as per the Tarkin novel.

Galan007
The context of the story doesn't paint Palpatine's statement as ironic at all. It is a legitimate 'lesson' that he wants Vader to think about.

DarthAnt66
I've never seen Palpatine giving any "legitimate lessons" - he's not Yoda. The "lesson" in question, as I said, seems to directly go against everything we have ever known about Palpatine since 1980. The Galactic Empire is an oppressive regime that saps away the life and freedoms of the galaxy and, in its place, leaves a "dead" galaxy, so to speak (contrasted with the diversity, fun, and colors of the Rebellion). Palpatine's not interested in what others do. Since Dark Empire, his end-goal in both Legends and Canon is to "fashion a galaxy of his own creation... in the ultimate sort" by holding everyone "captive in a dark embrace." In other words, he wants the entire galaxy's will bound to his own, which is exactly the sort of "dead galaxy" irony I'm talking about.

Nephthys
Star Wars contradicting itself??? NANI!!?

Galan007
I just posted a scene where Palpatine gave Vader a legitimate lesson, though. Your streak has ended. smile

And that is exactly *why* he doesn't want Vader going around randomly killing members of the Empire for trivial infractions(esp. Imperial officers.) There is no point of having a Galactic Empire if everyone in it is dead... It contradicts nothing, and tells us that Palpatine isn't necessarily more unforgiving than Vader(when it comes to reprimanding subordinates and such.)

Kurk
Originally posted by Galan007
He's not. That notion was blatantly disproven in issue #8 of the current series:
http://i.imgur.com/6rqwiCTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/zWwrRaIm.jpg

Palpatine basically told Vader to calm the f*ck down with the killing, because he didn't want to rule over a galaxy of the dead, lol. lol that's hilarious!

Zenwolf
I've always disliked the fact that authors took one off scenes from the movies and suddenly that's how it is or it's told off as a joke. Made worse from the fact the movies show a complete contradiction at some point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.