"There is no good or evil. Only those with power, and those without it."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk

The Ellimist
I mean it's an assertion that's rarely actually justified.

quanchi112
Everything we ever say is from our perspective. Good and evil are simplistic minds trying to paint the world with a black and white brush. Weak.

Emperordmb
Moral relativism is a nihilistic tool people use to hide from their own character flaws and insufficiencies.

NewGuy01
>when your answer to literally everything is "anyone who disagrees with me is only pretending, because they can't handle the truth like I can."

Emperordmb
Sorry if i don't trust the motivations of people who say the equivalent of "might makes right" or something like "moral thinking is for the weak."

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Moral relativism is a nihilistic tool people use to hide from their own character flaws and insufficiencies.

thumb up

There's somethings that are just universally immoral, regardless of one perception.

quanchi112
All just different perspectives as I initially said. I can say something is weak and someone can say that's a strength. Tomato Tomatoe.

Scribble
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Sorry if i don't trust the motivations of people who say the equivalent of "might makes right" or something like "moral thinking is for the weak." Right on

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
>when your answer to literally everything is "anyone who disagrees with me is only pretending, because they can't handle the truth like I can."

Basically Palpatine

quanchi112
Palpatine was a duplicitous, douchebag coward.

cdtm
Whoever tells you this, shoot them in the foot.

See what they say then.

Kurk
If we got rid of the first part of the sentence so it said, "there are only those with power and those without it", would say the same? (aside from it being black and white).

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Basically Palpatine

^ misread NG's post actually lawl

Stigma
power =/= morality

Josh_Alexander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.