Darth Sion's Identity!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd
Reasons to believe Lucien Draay becomes Darth Sion:
-The events depicted in The Knights of the Old Republic comic take place before and during the Mandalorian Wars. Therefore, they occur before the KotOR video games.
-Master Vandar called him the "scion of an important family."
-Haazan considers calling Lucien "Darth Sion."
-Lucien survives the destruction of the Draay estate, although his eyes are damaged and his hands burned in a way that resembles Darth Sion's cracked hide.
-Lucien contemplates the possibility of becoming a "Lord of Pain."

Now, I know that many will say that Lucien was just a toddler, because Sion was, logically, already a grown adult serving Exar Kun. So it's impossible for Lucien to have become Sion.

However, there is a Sith relic that can transport you back in time(Darkstaff) It has already happened once.

Who is to say Lucien didn't go back in time to serve under the Dark Lord Exar Kun and to make a name for himself?

DarthAnt66
I'm fine with the retcon, personally. The Darkstaff idea is pretty bogus though.

Freedon Nadd
Tell that to Darth Rivan's writer.

Freedon Nadd
However, if someone were to introduce Lucien as Sion. This is the only way(assuming only Darkstaff's wormholes can do that)

Unbowed
I remember there were a lot of theories floating around on the Jedi Council forums about Zayne=Nihilus, Lucien=Sion, Krynda=Kreia and the comic itself hinted at those connections sometimes but nothing ever came of it.

Sion was just some random mook from Exar Kun's army.

Freedon Nadd
Sion being Lucien fits just well('cept the whole Exar Kun War Campaign)

It seems they wanted to go towards that direction. But decided not to?

deathslash
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Reasons to believe Lucien Draay becomes Darth Sion:

However, there is a Sith relic that can transport you back in time(Darkstaff) It has already happened once.

Who is to say Lucien didn't go back in time to serve under the Dark Lord Exar Kun and to make a name for himself? whoa, whoa, whoa there. What's this darkstaff, and what story did it appear in? I've honestly never heard of it until now.

With that out of the way. It is straight up impossible for Lucien to be Darth Sion. Sion did not have the gauntlet that Lucian had at the end of Knights of the Old Republic. In addition to this in STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS - DEFENDERS OF THE LOST TEMPLE, it's outright revealed the Lucien made a new Jedi temple and hid the guantlet there. Finally Darth Sion was terrible at fighting multiple opponents. He died like 3 times in the first confrontation with Mitra Surik alone. I'm forgetting the name of Lucien's saber style, but it literally made him better at fighting multiple opponents.

Link to the comic is here.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Defenders-of-the-Lost-Temple

ares834
Lucien had a quasi-redemption. It would really hurt the character and ruin his arc if he just turned around a became a Sith Lord.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by deathslash
whoa, whoa, whoa there. What's this darkstaff, and what story did it appear in? I've honestly never heard of it until now.

With that out of the way. It is straight up impossible for Lucien to be Darth Sion. Sion did not have the gauntlet that Lucian had at the end of Knights of the Old Republic. In addition to this in STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS - DEFENDERS OF THE LOST TEMPLE, it's outright revealed the Lucien made a new Jedi temple and hid the guantlet there. Finally Darth Sion was terrible at fighting multiple opponents. He died like 3 times in the first confrontation with Mitra Surik alone. I'm forgetting the name of Lucien's saber style, but it literally made him better at fighting multiple opponents.

Link to the comic is here.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Defenders-of-the-Lost-Temple

Thing with the Exile is that she is able to learn her enemy's combat style.

And the Darkstaff was created by Morrie Mullins and Christina Nichols in 2002 for Philology, the third adventure in the Below the Belt trilogy of the Living Force campaign, a supplement to the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Roleplaying Game. In Philology, the staff caused the Cularin system to disappear for ten years, serving as a plot element that allowed the setting of Living Force campaign to be moved from the time period of the film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to the time period of the film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by ares834
Lucien had a quasi-redemption. It would really hurt the character and ruin his arc if he just turned around a became a Sith Lord.

Seems to me they wanted to do that. But ultimately decided to leave it be.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Unbowed
I remember there were a lot of theories floating around on the Jedi Council forums about Zayne=Nihilus, Lucien=Sion, Krynda=Kreia and the comic itself hinted at those connections sometimes but nothing ever came of it.

Sion was just some random mook from Exar Kun's army.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01

I guess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.