Does Revan grow more powerful after KotOR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
If so, what evidence is there that he does, and to what extent?

DarthAnt66
The Ellimist asks since he never read Revan or played SWTOR.

The Ellimist
I have read Revan but have not played SWTOR, and I don't feel a reason to be particularly ashamed that I'm objectively more successful than you in real life at the cost of not having played a particular video game. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm objectively more successful than you in real life:
http://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/images/20171223/4479f26c16aa4b5cbde2ec76f4ef15cd.gif

The Ellimist
srs I can't believe you tried to use "you haven't played SWTOR" as an insult. erm

DarthAnt66
Check what website you're on (a Star Wars debating website). Am I supposed to be make an insult about your family? erm

The Ellimist
Maybe mask your insecurities and not insult me over a simple question lmao.

DarthAnt66
I've always found it funny when people debate material they've never handled.

We're all guilty of it, but some people far more than others.

ILS
I like the inability of this board to ask a simple question and get a simple answer.

You don't need to have read the material to understand it, although it helps.

Freedon Nadd
What do you mean by that? In Force mastery, power, or knowledge?

Haschwalth
If you want to believe Kotor Revan is capable of screwing with the Cosmic force, in all sith/Jedi, during the events of SOR.

Freedon Nadd
Source to back that up?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Source to back that up?

Freedon Nadd
Revan caused a powerful disturbance in the Force.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Revan caused a powerful disturbance in the Force.
Revan ****ed the with structure(tapestry) of the force, within the Jedi/Sith passively.

MythLord
So did Savage Opress.

ILS
thumb up lol

Haschwalth
Savage never ****ed, with the tapestry of the force, he only made an disturbance, there is a difference.

ILS
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Savage never ****ed, with the tapestry of the force, he only made an disturbance, there is a difference. Originally posted by Haschwalth
I would like the quotes, and source material thanks.

Freedon Nadd
Revan ****ed the with structure(tapestry) of the force, within the Jedi/Sith passively.

Keyword: "persistant disturbance".

From Emperor's Hand it seems that Revan's lightsided presence presented a threat to their dark side connections with the Force. Sort of a passive hinder.

MythLord
Savage never ****ed, with the tapestry of the force, he only made an disturbance, there is a difference.

Fvcking with the "tapestry of the Force" is literally just flowery wording for a disturbance, you ignoramus.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Read above.

ILS
Read above. I meant something more substantial than some pleb pontificating about his inner artist. What he said can be summed up as "Me like Vitiate, Vitiate no like Revan, me no like Revan!"

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
I meant something more substantial than some pleb pontificating about his inner artist. What he said can be summed up as "Me like Vitiate, Vitiate no like Revan, me no like Revan!"

lmfao

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
You don't need to have read the material to understand it, although it helps.
If you don't know the material you shouldn't debate it.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If you don't know the material you shouldn't debate it. I've barely read any and haven't played any of the games and it doesn't make any difference, providing I can understand context and the arguments make sense.

S_W_LeGenD
If so, what evidence is there that he does, and to what extent?
Yes, Revan became more powerful after the events of KoTOR; clearly pointed out in the novel.

Although Revan was not into demonstrating his power with feats of extensive destruction, he destroyed a member of the Dark Council in a fight with barely an effort (and without a lightsaber); sources suggest that it is exceedingly difficult to stop Force lightning with raw power and even the most powerful Jedi struggle in this matter. Also keep in mind that Revan endured several years of stresses of captivity and torture prior to this fight. Revan's power convinced Lord Scourge that only he stood a chance at assassinating the Emperor, should this be necessary.

Lord Scourge found Revan and the Emperor a class apart from others in their understanding of the ways of the Force and strength respectively.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ILS
I've barely read any and haven't played any of the games and it doesn't make any difference, providing I can understand context and the arguments make sense.
It is important to go through available material to gain appropriate insight about matters of interest. Without this kind of homework, an individual would not be in the position to critic a theme and distinguish facts from hyperbole.

---

Darth Plagueis novel clearly pointed out that Palpatine and Darth Plagueis were reluctant to challenge Jedi openly due to fear of death and (personal) admission that they would not be up to the task even with their combined might. How they influenced the Force (and all that flowery stuff) has little bearing on what these characters could tangibly achieve in the battlefield. However, we see entire essays here about how godlike these beings are based on all that flowery stuff and vice versa. This kind of analysis is problematic and misleading; why these godlike beings were reluctant to take on the Jedi (head-on) if they could shift the balance of the Force and such? Doesn't add up.

When you read a novel, you come to terms with the wider context of developments in the lore. The so-called "respect threads" ignore such context, and are full of mindless praise of a character with all that flowery stuff in the mix.

ILS
You know, I got halfway through writing a serious response to that, and then realised it's just not worth it.

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
More on that coming soon.

AncientPower
Not to mention it gives a whole list of people Force visions about his return.

Jmanghan
Maybe mask your insecurities and not insult me over a simple question lmao. Thats literally all KMC is now-a-days dude.

Everyone learns to live with it, and unfortunately the SW section is the worst cesspool on the website.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.