SECOND new Star Wars trilogy announced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Today it has been revealed that producers of HBO's Game of Thrones, Weiss and Benioff, will be writing and producing their own Star Wars Trilogy. This trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker saga and Rian Johnson's own trilogy.

https://img.wennermedia.com/article-leads-horizontal-800/ap_152883981632-a90e38b2-d732-4348-aa51-e388f5e9e025.jpg

quanchi112
Fantastic news. Two trilogies and loving game of thrones its in great hands. Let's hope they properly execute this. Very exciting times for Star Wars fans.

Nephthys
Honestly Disney should just take over the world now and spare us all the wait.

Haschwalth
First they need to fire kathleen Kennedy.

Kurk
Never watched GoT, but based on its hype I'd expect these two to produce something of quality.

ares834
GoT is good because of GRRM, not these guys. Once they began to stray away from the books, the quality of the show has greatly waned though it is still enjoyable.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
GoT is good because of GRRM, not these guys. Once they began to stray away from the books, the quality of the show has greatly waned though it is still enjoyable.

Not true. There have been some shining moments in terms of book deviations. Arya and Tywin, Talisa Stark, and Battle of the Bastards. + They will at least finish the series, whereas we may not even get TWOW, let alone ADOS.

Rockydonovang
Hopefully this second trilogy will tell the story of a new jedi order(or whatever replaces them) rather than retell the OT a third time

Darth Thor
Has to be TOR related with these guys methinks.

Though surprised they are trusting them with a film series and not a tv series.

Total Warrior
Indeed, I would rather a Tv-series like GoT

|King Joker|
I doubt Star Wars is going to have the same staying power as Marvel, at the rate Lucasfilm is going. Kathleen Kennedy better hope Solo and IX are well-received by the fans, lol.

Galan007
I know Disney is trying to recoup the $4 billion they spent to acquire the SW franchise, but good god.

Unless the next few films knock it out of the park, I'm concerned that Disney is going to turn fans off on the franchise all together. Quality over quantity, please.ermm

Total Warrior

Nephthys
Honestly probably better than a billion shitty books.

FreshestSlice
Saturating the market is a great way to make these dime a dozen movies worth something.

Dark-Kenshin
I like this idea provided they give Rian Johnson the boot and just give full helm to the next and only trilogy in the immediate future to the Game of Thrones writers. Mr. Johnson has no bsuiness anywhere near a major entry in the SW series. Perhaps his talents would be better suited to directing a one-shot movie. Oh I know! How about "Hutt: Jabba's Rise to Power."

Freedon Nadd
Should I expect some incest between brothers?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I doubt Star Wars is going to have the same staying power as Marvel, at the rate Lucasfilm is going. Kathleen Kennedy better hope Solo and IX are well-received by the fans, lol.
Lemmeguess, in Solo, Han Solo is incompetent and cocky and has to be rescued by a strong female character 5 times throughout the film.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I like this idea provided they give Rian Johnson the boot and just give full helm to the next and only trilogy in the immediate future to the Game of Thrones writers. Mr. Johnson has no bsuiness anywhere near a major entry in the SW series. Perhaps his talents would be better suited to directing a one-shot movie. Oh I know! How about "Hutt: Jabba's Rise to Power."

Funny thats how I fell about JJ.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny thats how I fell about JJ. Truth be told, I feel that way about them both. wink

quanchi112
More of Star Wars in a great thing provided they find the right writers and directors. MCU has proven more if you make great films it won't just phase itself out and is going on a decade of dominance with a lot more than one film per year these days.

Freedon Nadd
Let's hope they screen the EU.

Rebel95
Exciting news

DarthAnt66
.kk

DarthAnt66
te

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.