Who is more inept?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma

Kurk
What happened to Snoke pails in comparison to Sidious's manhandling of Vader. I have little familiarity with Vitiate, but he too suffered a far more incompetence-related death than Snoke.

Maul should also be on this list for always losing due to his blinding arrogance, but never fixing it when given the chance.

Azronger
https://i.imgflip.com/1xr6ls.gif

DarthAnt66
Switch Vitiate's death to 1980 ROTJ between Vader and Sidious, then Sidious' death to 2012 SWTOR between the Hero and Vitiate, and it's clear being thrown down a pit is far worse. It's the drama, music, and characters that drive that scene to be one of the best in SW, not what is actually happening.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Switch Vitiate's death to 1980 ROTJ between Vader and Sidious, then Sidious' death to 2012 SWTOR between the Hero and Vitiate, and it's clear being thrown down a pit is far worse. It's the drama, music, and characters that drive that scene to be one of the best in SW, not what is actually happening. Sidious at least killed his own killer though...

Jmanghan
X1.

He impaled himself on his own lightsaber.

carthage
Maul for constantly losing to trash tier opponents and getting stomped by Ben in three moves

Nephthys
Of the three listed, Vitiate has the best excuse since he was exhausted and weakened and had at least put up a fight beforehand. Sidious and Snoke were both blindly arrogant but I'd say Snoke's is less embarrassing since Ren had to actually trick him in order to get the jump on him whereas Sidious just didn't even consider that Vader might do something.

Originally posted by carthage
Maul for constantly losing to trash tier opponents and getting stomped by Ben in three moves

This is the real answer though.

Tzeentch
Maul is the buttmonkey of dark lords.

Intrpd
sheev takes another W according to the poll

Freedon Nadd
Correct: Sidious for being blinded.

The_Tempest
Failkorion walking into a lightsaber on a dark side nexus is number one by miles.

Snoke is second for actively reading his killer's mind and missing... everything important.

Sheev is a distant, distant third since Vader was his b1tch for 20 years, his attention was completely on Luke, and as was pointed out... he's the only one here to kill his attacker.

AncientPower
Vitiate was doing what Sheev did in ROTJ, getting closer to his target in an effort to increase the pressure of his lightning on his opponents. He just couldn't overwhelm the lightsaber defenses of the Hero, being so weakened and exhausted.

Sinious

Nephthys
The Hero was destined to kill Vitiate. actually.

Stigma
Good point. Vader kinda had to fulfill the prophecy.

On the other hand, it was Vitiate's and Snoke's innate combat incompetence that doomed them, it seems.

The_Tempest

The Ellimist
Relative to expectations you could say Sidious failed the most because he was the generally most capable of the three in the first place.

Ignoring that, Vitiate's takes the cake:

- he knew he was being attacked, indeed he literally had 1000 years of prep
- he lost in a 1 v 1 to a weaker opponent on a dark side nexus

Meanwhile, there are mitigating circumstances for the others:

- Kylo had to do some fairly clever tricks with wordplay
- Vader had to go against 20 years of conditioning and was literally birthed by the Force to do this

So while Sidious got blindsided and Snoke got outplayed, Vitiate basically killed himself through sheer stupidity.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ignoring that, Vitiate's takes the cake:

- he knew he was being attacked, indeed he literally had 1000 years of prep
- he lost in a 1 v 1 to a weaker opponent on a dark side nexus

https://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-crossarms.gif

He didn't know he was being attacked, nor did he have 1000 years of prep for that fight. If Scourge hadn't of betrayed him, no-one would even have known about the ritual until it was too late.

Since he was weakened by the failed ritual, he clearly wasn't stronger than the HoT at the time. I mean, right before then he was exhausted, wounded and on his knees after a long fight.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
He didn't know he was being attacked

https://m.popkey.co/ee5665/64mkb.gif

Sinious

Nephthys

Azronger
Originally posted by Nephthys
He didn't know he was being attacked,

I'm pretty sure LeGenD and Freedumb Nadd just got dethroned. Behold, folks: a new retard King has cometh to pillage your brains of all their brain cells and conquer the lands. Beware.

Stigma
Why Vitiate didn't know he was being attacked?

Azronger
I'm sure Nephtard has the answer

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by carthage

This is the actual answer.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Azronger
I'm pretty sure LeGenD and Freedumb Nadd just got dethroned. Behold, folks: a new retard King has cometh to pillage your brains of all their brain cells and conquer the lands. Beware.

I am Freedumb, you retard. I am free of the act of being dumb. Get your shit straight.

But you are a retard. Worse: An intellectual retard. You are a living proof that more quantity doesn't make one 'wiser'.

Stigma
Originally posted by Azronger
I'm sure Nephtard has the answer
I see.

I mean, if it's true, Vitiate's combat awareness goes down the drain.

Darth Thor
Snoke by far. Because of this:

Originally posted by The_Tempest

for actively reading his killer's mind and missing... everything important.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Switch Vitiate's death to 1980 ROTJ between Vader and Sidious, then Sidious' death to 2012 SWTOR between the Hero and Vitiate, and it's clear being thrown down a pit is far worse. It's the drama, music, and characters that drive that scene to be one of the best in SW, not what is actually happening.
Yea, no.

-> Sids was attacking someone else
-> Vitiate was directly facing his killer

Sids 1-0 Vitiate

-> Sids was was picked up and thrown by a physical powerhouse
-> Vitiate walked into a lightsaber fully of his own will

Sids 2-0 vitiate

-> Sids killed the man who killed him
-> Vitiate failed to do any lasting damage to thhis killer

Sids 3-0 Vitiate

-> Sidious was killed by a child the force itself gave birth to for the specific purpose of ensuring his downfall. A child who also happens to be the central character of the mythos.
-> Vitiate was killed by his era's protagonist, one with nothing setting him holistically apart from the plethora of protagonists made in his mold.

Sids 4-0 Vitiate

Being caught off guard while you're focused on someone else isn't on the same plane as willingly walking towards a weapon that can kill you, lal.

No clue how you can conclude otherwise with a remotely objective analysis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.