A decent argument for Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD
FYI: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/exar-kun-is-the-strongest-sith-lord-yes-hed-beat-p-1763597/

I believe that Palpatine (at his finest) > Exar Kun but this thread contains wealth of information to draw from for Exar Kun, if need be.

Azronger
LMAO.

In case anyone is unaware, that is AP's former CV account, and the argument posted is word-for-word, the same one Nai originally made here. Let's add plagiarism to AP's long list of offences, right alongside fake quote forgery and pathological lying. laughing out loud

Taking This W
^holy **** LMFAO im dead

Selenial
Originally posted by Taking This W
^holy **** LMFAO im dead

how did I not know about this

Taking This W
please stop, in any way possible, associating yourself with me, be it quoting me or having my name in ur sig^

Azronger
Everyone should just put the creature (male, female... what the **** even is the thing?) on ignore. It's been in this same, amaranthine cycle of dishonesty and lying for years (some reports say over a decade... like how ****ing sad must your life be at that point?) and it's never changed its ways. It's all now cumulated into this disgusting filth that's honestly beyond what anyone should be forced to experience.

Just put the thing on ignore, never interact with it again, and move on. If you don't, you're just as much as a contributor to the moral and intellectual decay of Star Wars debating as AP; by continuing to interact with it you're providing it with a platform to continue spewing its bullshit.

Just let AP die alone, forgotten and unmourned, and your life will be all the better for it.

Taking This W
Originally posted by Azronger
Everyone should just put the creature (male, female... what the **** even is the thing?) on ignore. It's been in this same, amaranthine cycle of dishonesty and lying for years (some reports say over a decade... like how ****ing sad must your life be at that point?) and it's never changed its ways. It's all now cumulated into this disgusting filth that's honestly beyond what anyone should be forced to experience.

Just put the thing on ignore, never interact with it again, and move on. If you don't, you're just as much as a contributor to the moral and intellectual decay of Star Wars debating as AP; by continuing to interact with it you're providing it with a platform to continue spewing its bullshit.

Just let AP die alone, forgotten and unmourned, and your life will be all the better for it.
i will continue to interact with ap

Selenial
Originally posted by Taking This W
please stop, in any way possible, associating yourself with me, be it quoting me or having my name in ur sig^

no smile

Freedon Nadd
Exar Kun~DErth Sidious

MythLord
This wasn't AP, this was Ziggy. Also, the argument isn't decent.

Freedon Nadd
Pretty sure that LondonBFR is Ancient Power. smile

Trocity
Whoever it was, embarrassing.

AncientPower
Originally posted by MythLord
This wasn't AP, this was Ziggy. Also, the argument isn't decent.

Az is the biggest retard on this forum, confirmed. thumb up

The Ellimist
It's a terrible argument whose size, in classic Nai style, gets compounded multiple times over with verbal masturbation.

1. Sidious has been stated by multiple sources to be the most powerful Sith Lord in history - it may be the most consistent power accolade in Legends.

2. Though Sidious and Plagueis initially needed to meditate intensely to shift the balance to the dark side to an unprecedented extent, already an incredible feat, by the chronological end of the Plagueis novel it is clear that Sidious's mere presence is throwing the balance of the Force into chaos to a degree far greater than Exar Kun (or anyone) has accomplished. That Sidious's presence is responsible for this shift is further reinforced by the fact that the balance is restored on his death.

3. Sidious's lightning has bent lightsaber blades, something far beyond anything Kun has accomplished even with his amulets on nexuses.

4. Sidious has buried the 19 km long Lusankya and telepathically fogged all witnesses in the middle of Coruscant.

5. Sidious drains telepathically dominates billions of people on Byss 24/7 with no apparent effort.

6. Exar Kun has been stated to be far weaker than SF Malak, who is weaker than Revan, who is below Yoda and TPM Mace given that they're stated to be the most powerful Jedi in history (to their times), who are weaker than Sidious.

7. Sidious retains his identity after death through sheer force of will and the combined spirits of past Jedi throughout history team up to finally drag him back. Kun, meanwhile, needs a dark side nexus to survive as a spirit.

8. Sidious's mere presence is a dark side nexus more powerful than Byss, and shreds space-time itself.

9. Sidious can conjure Force storms that can destroy entire fleets, wreck moons and planetary surfaces, and pinpoint teleport individuals like Luke, all from lightyears away, purely through his own power.

10. Sidious's very presence drains the light side across the galaxy, and through a combination of his presence and abilities he has fogged the precognitive abilities of the entire Jedi Order, including Yoda.

Sidious beats Kun, and any non-godlike individual in the mythos sans Luke.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao we never even seen Kun shoot lightning wtf

AncientPower
That argument might be even worse than Ziggy's.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Lmfao we never even seen Kun shoot lightning wtf

no expression I never said we do? Hence why I mentioned his amulets and didn't explicitly constrain the comparison to Force lightning, lmao.

DarthAnt66
We literally never see his Force powers react to lightsabers whatsoever

The Ellimist
We literally never see his Force powers react to lightsabers whatsoever

Uhh, I didn't say "Exar Kun hasn't affected lightsabers to that degree" just as I didn't say "Exar Kun hasn't affected lightsabers to that degree with Force lightning". I'm saying Kun hasn't done anything as impressive, the only implied constraint I'd take as valid is with respect to environmental combat feats.

DarthAnt66
Except trying to quantify bending lightsaber blades as being better than anything Kun is / has despite no point of reference for Kun or anyone else is just ultra-kek.

I'm interested in how Sidious bending blades can be readily compared to, say, Kun freezing the Senate.

DarthAnt66
To add on, as per DC, the energy shields of hex droids apparently can bend lightsaber blades pretty easily.

The Ellimist
EDIT: well Ant just inserted a bunch of edits so I'll address them in a following post

Since when does your own argument history suggest that any time you claim that feat X is better than what we've seen from character Y, you always have a set of perfect side-by-side, perfectly analogous comparisons to work with? And there are lots of ways to establish points of reference that I don't necessarily do in a numbered summary, like noting lower bounds on the energy / momentum needed to bend lightsaber blades given things that lightsabers have successfully deflected (like small turbolasers and, lmao, Vitiate's lightning).

It seems like you're trying unsuccessfully to backpeddle into salvaging a valid point from your bad reading of my post.

The Ellimist
Continued from above

I'm interested in how Sidious bending blades can be readily compared to, say, Kun freezing the Senate.

1. More combat relevant
2. Not accomplished via ritual
3. Kun's senate freezing is frankly less impressive than, say, pre-Nathema Vitiate's ritual, and pre-Nathema Vitiate scales below Plagueis.

To add on, as per DC, the energy shields of hex droids apparently can bend lightsaber blades pretty easily.

Citation needed

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Since when does your own argument history suggest that any time you claim that feat X is better than what we've seen from character Y, you always have a set of perfect side-by-side, perfectly analogous comparisons to work with? And there are lots of ways to establish points of reference that I don't necessarily do in a numbered summary, like noting lower bounds on the energy / momentum needed to bend lightsaber blades given things that lightsabers have successfully deflected (like small turbolasers and, lmao, Vitiate's lightning).

It seems like you're trying unsuccessfully to backpeddle into salvaging a valid point from your bad reading of my post.
Your original post, i.e. "something far beyond anything Kun has accomplished," indicates to me you already have easy comparisons to be made.

Why else would you make the claim otherwise? confused

I mocked the idea because something like bending lightsaber blades would be incredibly different to quantify, especially with Kun.

I can't help but think you just eyeballed it, said "**** it," included it, and are now saving face.

thumb up

Then there's this monstrosity, which is frankly just laughable.

So, we have the first point: Sidious' bending of a lightsaber is more impressive than Kun's freezing of millions (?) of people because it's more "combat relevant," neglecting that Force stasis is a combat-applicable power that Sith like Darth Malak integrate into their main attack patterns. The second point is factually (go and check) baseless, and the third is such a loosely connected comparison and ignorant of almost every imaginable circumstance that I almost had to call my favorite African tribe to start the sacrifices.

DarthAnt66

Citation needed
"Furthermore, the damaged one demonstrated a potent kind of shield when Shigar got too close. It crossed two limbs into an X and created a short-lived circular electromirror that bent his lightsaber back into a V, almost taking off his arm in the process."

Credit to DC.

MythLord
EDIT: Why are you two arguing everywhere but the fvcking Super Battle thread?

The Ellimist
I mocked the idea because something like bending lightsaber blades would be incredibly different to quantify

Of course it's not quantifiable to you because your technical knowledge is basically non-existent. Lightsabers have been tested against numerous properties and physical impacts so we actually have a huge amount of data to work with. We know, pending bizarre mechanics that aren't implied anywhere, that bending lightsaber blades must be more difficult than cutting mando iron. Can you figure out why?

Not that you need to know basic physics to observe that beings more powerful than Exar like Vitiate have launched lightning at lightsaber blades without bending them. <- tbh maybe I should've just posted this because it ends the discussion right there.

LMAO @ calling this unquantifiable but then bringing up Exar's senate feat and making arguments elsewhere about astronomically vaguer demonstrations, such as pseudo-metaphysics about how willing yourself from the dead must be more impressive than willing yourself from not dying in the first place.

A specialized "kind of" shield (given that it that bends the blade but doesn't bend anything else) that could've easily manipulated the lightsaber's generation of the containment field != Palpatine's lightning which bends the blade through its sheer force. It's almost certainly not analogous if it bends the blade into a "V", given that the blade's field appears to be symmetrical so a field that just bends the entire blade should bend it into a more continuous shape.

(I will gladly concede that Nathema isn't more impressive than freezing a bunch of non-Force sensitives though. Kind of kills your wanking to Revan getting inspired by it for the Thought Bomb or whatever.)

Freedon Nadd
Sidious' full power of his Force lightning bends Windu's lightsabre but does not blast him into a charred husk or entirely demolished? Something is fishy here. Either the 'bent' part in ROTS doesn't mean a literal bent and Sidious' lightning was only putting pressure on Windu's lightsabre(trying to disarm him and getting rid off the lightsabre) or this bending feat can be achieved by anyone if they continously assault someone with Force lightning. There is a difference between a lightning attack that one-shots your lightsabre or one that continously blasts your lightsabre. In the second case, the intensity and the tension is built up.

Freedon Nadd
It's a terrible argument whose size, in classic Nai style, gets compounded multiple times over with verbal masturbation.

1. Sidious has been stated by multiple sources to be the most powerful Sith Lord in history - it may be the most consistent power accolade in Legends.

2. Though Sidious and Plagueis initially needed to meditate intensely to shift the balance to the dark side to an unprecedented extent, already an incredible feat, by the chronological end of the Plagueis novel it is clear that Sidious's mere presence is throwing the balance of the Force into chaos to a degree far greater than Exar Kun (or anyone) has accomplished. That Sidious's presence is responsible for this shift is further reinforced by the fact that the balance is restored on his death.

3. Sidious's lightning has bent lightsaber blades, something far beyond anything Kun has accomplished even with his amulets on nexuses.

4. Sidious has buried the 19 km long Lusankya and telepathically fogged all witnesses in the middle of Coruscant.

5. Sidious drains telepathically dominates billions of people on Byss 24/7 with no apparent effort.

6. Exar Kun has been stated to be far weaker than SF Malak, who is weaker than Revan, who is below Yoda and TPM Mace given that they're stated to be the most powerful Jedi in history (to their times), who are weaker than Sidious.

7. Sidious retains his identity after death through sheer force of will and the combined spirits of past Jedi throughout history team up to finally drag him back. Kun, meanwhile, needs a dark side nexus to survive as a spirit.

8. Sidious's mere presence is a dark side nexus more powerful than Byss, and shreds space-time itself.

9. Sidious can conjure Force storms that can destroy entire fleets, wreck moons and planetary surfaces, and pinpoint teleport individuals like Luke, all from lightyears away, purely through his own power.

10. Sidious's very presence drains the light side across the galaxy, and through a combination of his presence and abilities he has fogged the precognitive abilities of the entire Jedi Order, including Yoda.

Sidious beats Kun, and any non-godlike individual in the mythos sans Luke.

These points are good. But...
they lack context.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Sidious' full power of his Force lightning bends Windu's lightsabre but does not blast him into a charred husk or entirely demolished? Something is fishy here. Either the 'bent' part in ROTS doesn't mean a literal bent and Sidious' lightning was only putting pressure on Windu's lightsabre(trying to disarm him and getting rid off the lightsabre) or this bending feat can be achieved by anyone if they continously assault someone with Force lightning. There is a difference between a lightning attack that one-shots your lightsabre or one that continously blasts your lightsabre. In the second case, the intensity and the tension is built up.

Or Windu himself is incredibly powerful, given that we scale RotS Windu off of Sidious.

Freedon Nadd
Except for the fact that Windu received the full power of Sidious' blast and he didn't have any means to defend himself. It has nothing to do with Vaapad.
So, it's one of two cases.
But if you put Windu and Sidious on the same piedestal, I don't have any problem with it. smile Happy Dance

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by Azronger

LordOfTheLight
Lmfao at Kun's senate feat being wanked this hard.

Freedon Nadd
Damn, Az. He is so cruel. Lol

Sheev would be proud of him.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Lmfao at Kun's senate feat being wanked this hard.

Exar Kun froze the Senate.
But Palpatine is also a Senate. wink

Nephthys
"Furthermore, the damaged one demonstrated a potent kind of shield when Shigar got too close. It crossed two limbs into an X and created a short-lived circular electromirror that bent his lightsaber back into a V, almost taking off his arm in the process."

Credit to DC.

Welp.

Nice find. thumb up

cs_zoltan
Not really. It was a f-ucking mirror.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao his post was the biggest cringe-fest all week

Responding when I get home

Nephthys
Make out already.

MythLord
Originally posted by Nephthys
Make out already.

thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Not really. It was a f-ucking mirror.

lol a much simpler way to put it than I did, but this works thumb up

The_Tempest

Can you elucidate as to the significance of this?

Freedon Nadd
That lightsabre bend isn't a godly feat. And rightfully, so.

Rockydonovang
The whole, "we never saw Kun shoot lighning at a lightsaber" defense is only one that works if you're willing to accept "we never saw Ventress attempt a planetary ritual."

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The whole, "we never saw Kun shoot lighning at a lightsaber" defense is only one that works if you're willing to accept "we never saw Ventress attempt a planetary ritual."

Yeah notice how Ant's current arguments have nothing to do with his original sh*tpost.

Rockydonovang
Would you be willing to try and quantify Sidious's lightning feat?

Haschwalth

When we talk about TKing Blackholes, razing planets, Manipulating star fire, it comes up as insignificant.

Freedon Nadd

On dark side nexuses, it is capable of reducing people to bones(e.g: Kalakar Six)

Freedon Nadd

Those two are hardly comparable. Happy Dance

Nephthys
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
On dark side nexuses, it is capable of reducing people to bones(e.g: Kalakar Six)

Aleema Keto tier then? mmm

Freedon Nadd
The accolade-ic lore surrounding Darth Sidious is full of discrepancies, mainly, because writers would take different paths with this character. Feat-wise, his Force lightning wasn't even capable to turn Kadir and his allies into ash or bones(this happened on Coruscant)
Windu received Sidious' full power and he wasn't turned into a charred husk either. Same for Darth Vader. That only happened when he was on Kalakar Six and on Byss(IIRC). And, no, just because you create a dark side nexus that does not mean you do not get benefits from it. After all you(darksider) are boosted by dark side energy: dark side energy is dark side energy.

When Sidious executed that ritual(in Sithisis); he had a Sith(?)crystal that magnified his power to planetary levels, take into account the fact that he was also amplified by those Sith(?) or dark side spirits that he summoned through the use of the crystal.

His feat on Vjun with his mere presence causing lightnings is not a feat(when he talks to Dooku). Nowhere it is confirmed that was a feat, it is a poetic description to represent Sidious' malevolent personality. that's why it contains the words: "as if". But to Sheevites, as if=yes, exactly.

Darth Sidious' knowledge isn't infinite, nor did he study the Force in all its guises either despite the Dark Empire End Notes suggesting that. He was sick and needed the ancient Sith Lords' services. So, that accolades falls shortly.

The Lusankya feat isn't combat applicable either. And Sidious didn't actually TK'd anything. This source, posted by Azronger:
"Once completed, the Emperor himself used the dark side of the Force to hide the Lusankya beneath the surface of Coruscant's cityscape."
-An Expanded Universe Starship from Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (Book 12 of Star Wars: The New Jedi Order)

Considering the fact that he mind-fogged the Coruscant citizens around there, so they could not find out the truth, and ordered his imperials to bury it, per another source. Palpatine did hide the ship beneath the surface because he mind-fogged the Coruscant people and he was the one to give the order.
It's just like saying that Hitler attacked Russia and broke the alliance treaty. Hitler doesn't attack Russia, but he represents the command of the attack. And so is in Palpatine's case.

Sidious also didn't escape Chaos on his own. He was guided back by some Sith spirits.

https://scontent.fotp3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/28053054_1537311099709408_965938297_n.jpg?oh=9229964d9a9728eaafd198b9c4e95dc6&oe=5A889327

So, these Sith spirits on Korriban were able to go into Chaos and take Palpatine back. So, Sidious' feat of escaping from Chaos falls shortly.
If you ask why they did it is due to the fact that Sidious was the main antagonist in Dark Empire(and he was the last Sith during that time frame)

And before anyone saying: Palpatine, so powerful OMGZ! All Jedi spirits were needed to send him back into Chaos. Yes, it is true, and for logical reason. Not because Palpatine was a lesser dark side demi-god, but because the dark/Sith spirits would only bring Sidious back. Though, after the Sith re-appeared, the Sith spirits didn't give a second chance to Palpatine.

Side note: I wondered if Dark Empire Palpatine was the 'real' Palpatine who died at Endor. I know that Timothy Zahn hated his Reborn. I always asked myself if Dark Empire Palpatine wasn't some twisted dark side aberration of the ancient Sith but with Palpatine's memories, yadda, yadda. We know that they were able to go into Chaos and rescue Palpatine, so they may be able to interact with the real world too. I would have loved so much if the Dark Empire Palpatine was some sort of 'mirror' of the real Palpatine created by some Sheevites who wanted, so much, their emperor back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.