The 100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
This is a great show that my wife and I just started. We're nearing the end of season 1. The show is still going apparently with season 5 premiering in April 2018. The first 4 seasons are on Netflix now. It reminds me of Lost, but better and with sort of a Lord of the Flies vibe in a very cool post apocalyptic sci-fi scenario. And I'm so impressed with how good each of these young actors are and how well developed the characters and story are. And there has already been some great moral dilemmas and intense drama in season 1. It feels very quickly paced, so no time to get bored. It's a pleasantly surprising production...

This trailer makes it look a lot hokier than it is, because I think most of it is from the first episode and it gets much grittier after the pilot...

ia1Fbg96vL0

Anyone else watching this? (No spoilers, please, as I am still only in season 1)

samhain
I only watched the pilot, (some years ago now) the Lost vibe and the cast of teenagers didn't really do it for me, feels like one of those shows where they'll just keep going until it gets cancelled and we won't get any answers. Friends keep talking about it though, I'll see how disappointed they are/aren't when it's over before deciding.

Patient_Leech
I'll admit the pilot was a little hokey, but it was just a set up and it's been solidly written through most of season 1 so far.

I've found myself highly invested in the characters and story so far and it's a lot grittier than I was expecting.

Highly recommend. I don't see them pulling a Lost ending with this to ruin it all, lol.

TheVaultDweller
I'm relatively up to date with this. First two seasons were pretty good IMO, then it takes a bit of a dip in the writing quality (a few characters become unbearably irritating). But, from what I can remember, the finale of the last season got rid of the excess baggage, and left things on an interesting cliffhanger, so looking forward to the next season.

My favourite character is probably Murphy. He starts off as a completely unlikable tool, but really comes into his own as the story progresses.

Patient_Leech
Finished Season 1. Really good. thumb up thumb up

ares834
I watched this awhile back. I got through season 3 before quitting but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. I'll probably get around to watching the most recent seasons someday.

Patient_Leech
We just finished Season 2. This show is great. And it almost got even better when these two kissed...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thehundred/images/3/30/Lexa.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/25/Clarke_Griffin_%28Eliza_Taylor%29.png/220px-Clarke_Griffin_%28Eliza_Taylor%29.png

If only Octavia could have joined in... thumb up

http://www.optimaitalia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/octavia-the-100-e1478528855268-740x350.jpg

Sadly with the way things went down at the end of Season 2 I doubt they'll have that much desired lesbian scene. crybaby

Patient_Leech
Finished Season 3 of this and it's surprisingly gotten better and better. This show is fantastic, I mean assuming you're willing to suspend some disbelief, because it does start to get a little "out there" with some Artificial Intelligence and whatnot, but it's cleverly written and highly entertaining. Gonna move on to Season 4 soon and will then look forward to Season 5 which apparently starts airing soon.

Flyattractor
Wow. The CW will air ANYTHING.

Patient_Leech
My wife and I got all caught up on this show. Just finished the last episode of Season 4 last night and Season 5 airs in a week or two.

This is honestly one of my all-time favorite shows now. It's really, really great.

I'm extremely impressed with how good all the characters are with their own individual quirks and how well the plot moves along. Each season has had it's own distinct and major conflicts. It's very well written and highly engaging and entertaining.

Could not recommend more highly, especially if you like science-fiction.

Patient_Leech
We started Season 5 recently. It's really good so far.

(I was annoyed that Clarke didn't find it necessary to lose weight for the opening episode or two, though. That really gets on my nerves)

But this Red Queen shit is pretty brutal...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/30/ec/b430ec04abfdd7817f4e8c3ecd3ca8df.gif

TheVaultDweller
The latest season was better than the previous one IMO. Though there are a few moments that aren't exactly for those who are sensitive. Like an entire episode centered around forced cannibalism.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
... Like an entire episode centered around forced cannibalism.

Ohh.. I have THAT to look forward to. eek! laughing

Patient_Leech
Hm.. maybe she's not so different from her TV counterpart in real life...

The 100 Star Marie Avgeropoulos Arrested in Connection with Alleged Domestic Violence

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2018714/rs_634x793-180814062525-634.Marie-Avgeropoulos-Mugshot.81418.jpg

TheVaultDweller
That's not a very flattering picture. Though that poor guy. Now he is going to be known as the guy who had to phone the cops on the 5'5" actress who was beating him up.

Flyattractor
Actually that is the SMART Thing to do, especially in today's SJW/PC Leftist Fascism World. If He had fought back and defended himself HE would have gotten in trouble. Let the Cops beat her up and take all the heat.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Ohh.. I have THAT to look forward to. eek! laughing

And yeah, probably best not to watch this one on steak night lol. Then again, the texture seemed more like a human version of a Turkish Delight.

Patient_Leech
That's not a very flattering picture. Though that poor guy. Now he is going to be known as the guy who had to phone the cops on the 5'5" actress who was beating him up.

Yeah, not flattering at all considering she's actually quite stunningly beautiful. In the mugshot she just looks like white trash that would be a TV star on COPS, not the CW. Haha..

If she was truly devious she should have clocked HERSELF in the face to make it look like she's a victim, too.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, not flattering at all considering she's actually quite stunningly beautiful. In the mugshot she just looks like white trash that would be a TV star on COPS, not the CW. Haha..

If she was truly devious she should have clocked HERSELF in the face to make it look like she's a victim, too.

Well, the incident probably wasn't some evil, malicious act. It's probably one of those cases where the person lost their temper in the heat of the moment and lashed out. Now, obviously not condoning that kind of action, but I doubt it was done with some kind of devious intent. Then again, I don't know either of them personally, so am just speculating.

riv6672
Dear GOD Olivia is such a raging *****. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, YAY, the new season finally started! big grin

riv6672
I meant Octavia. Still a *****, though stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
Dear GOD Olivia is such a raging *****. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, YAY, the new season finally started! big grin

I'm looking forward to starting the new season at some point...

They're on the new planet now, right?

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Octavia is a *****. And apparently the ending of the episode was written by M. Night Shyamalan. big grin

People who have seen the episode and are familiar with some of M. Night's really bad movies should understand.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
One thing is for sure. Considering what a raging psycho Octavia already is, you don't want her breathing that air, or it's Friday the 13th level blood baths coming.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
One thing is for sure. Considering what a raging psycho Octavia already is, you don't want her breathing that air, or it's Friday the 13th level blood baths coming.

Haha, yeah, best line of the season so far was, "Where is Bloodreina when you need her?"

My wife and I are about halfway through this latest season so far. It took 2 or 3 episodes to get going, but liking it now.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Yeah, at first it almost felt like they're re-playing the same basic premise, but after a few episodes it became a bit more original and interesting with Clarke being taken over by the other chick and this immortal family manipulating their people like a strange religious cult. And some interesting characters, like Russel Lightbourne, I think is his name. The lead guy with the great beard (he's got mad beard game). I like how he's kind of naive and conflicted about the whole thing, and is still sort of hesitant to go to extreme lengths to maintain what they have going.

riv6672

Patient_Leech

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Finished this season. It's probably not my favorite season, but it was good. Some wild twists and turns.

I see that it has been renewed for Season 7, so it'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Now that Octavia has been swallowed up by the anomaly...

riv6672

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Lol all this Coronavirus panic is really getting silly IMO. Even people here, in a country with 59 confirmed homicides a day, a country where you are likely to encounter someone with full-blown tuberculosis like once a week in public (and we have between 300,000 and 400,000 TB-related deaths a year), are freaking the phuck out because, as of me typing this, literally 0.000001 of our population has it. It's mind-numbing.

TheVaultDweller
Doh, 300,000-400,000 related cases. Not deaths. But the deaths are also in the tens of thousands. And yeah, typical of South Africa, people are using the Coronavirus panic to commit crimes. There have been multiple instances of people pretending to be medics, going around and claiming they are "testing" people for it, only to rob the people blind once they are let inside the house.

But anyway, my main point is that the reaction seems disproportionate to the overall effect relative to all the other shit we already deal with that could kill us. And this filming schedule disruption is a knock-on effect.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
South Africa. And, so far, the panic and exploitation thereof has caused more damage here than the actual disease has. Because, as mentioned, some criminals are actually dressing up as medics, with equipment and everything, and using this whole situation as a means to gain access to unsuspecting people's homes and then stealing their shit once they are inside. Seriously, if something can potentially be turned into a criminal enterprise, people will find a way here.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
We tend to really excel at it here though lol. You can put up a 50 foot pole with a camera to watch an area for security... Come back the next day and that camera will probably be gone. Hell, I remember the one time when I replaced the back gate at my old house. The copper outside handle got stolen off it within hours. They also stole my weed eater, 2 bicycles and tried to steal a scooter from me while I lived there. Not that moving helped. They stole another vehicle out from behind a spiked electric gate here. They take the whole gate off the hinge, wheel the vehicle out, load it on a trailer, and then only try and get it started when they are out of earshot. And they manage to do it insanely quietly.

riv6672
^^^thats pretty ****ing impressive! laughing

TheVaultDweller
It gets borderline cartoonish here sometimes. I mean when the cops are literally instead busy using their police helicopters to go buy KFC, why wouldn't the criminals go crazy. And yes, that actually happened once.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/saps-pilot-allegedly-lands-helicopter-in-queenstown-parking-lot-to-buy-kfc-20181027

riv6672
Duuude!
The worst I ever did in the Army was use a Humvee to hit a drive through once! eek!

Much respect!

riv6672

riv6672
Two eps in, and already all this timey whimey black hole travel shit is giving me a headache!

riv6672
Finally, an interesting ep!

riv6672

riv6672
HA! I -knew- it was a stomach! eek!

riv6672
We get the backdoor pilot to the prequel series this week.
Not really caring at the moment; we'll see.

riv6672

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.