Have you lost respect for Jiren?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindside12
If you even had any, have you lost it, learning hes a self righteous prick who only cares about getting stronger?

Inedian
Originally posted by Blindside12
Have you lost respect for Jiren?

Not even close.

Dark-Kenshin
Lost it? I never had any in the first place. Have been calling him a terrible antagonist since the beginning. Tori's only notes on the guy were "really really strong gray dude. "

Blindside12
Originally posted by Inedian
Not even close.

So why do you have respect for this guy, had he stayed quiet, he would have been better. Turns out hes no better then Goku for wanting to attain power and get stronger, cept hes a much bigger ******* then Goku.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Lost it? I never had any in the first place. Have been calling him a terrible antagonist since the beginning. Tori's only notes on the guy were "really really strong gray dude. "

If you even had any

Inedian
So why do you have respect for this guy, had he stayed quiet, he would have been better. Turns out hes no better then Goku for wanting to attain power and get stronger, cept hes a much bigger ******* then Goku.

He is simply awesone in my eyes.

Blindside12
It appears Goku is a bit more awesome.

Inedian
It appears Goku is a bit more awesome.

In the end, it's always Goku.

AuraAngel
Not even a bit lol.

Galan007
Jiren's characterization is complete and utter shit in the anime. He is an arrogant, self-absorbed *******, who has no respect for those weaker than himself, and only uses them to help accomplish his own goals. His mantra is essentially: "F*ck the weak. Power is everything. Trust no one."

I'm still hopeful that the manga will continue to depict him in a respectable/honorable light, though... It has done a good job with him so far. thumb up

TethAdamTheRock
I just want Goku to be more powerful than Jiren

Estacado
At first I thought he was only ok, when they were showing off his power I found him pretty cool but still wasnt much of a fan, now I think he is kinda meh....

NewGuy01
Yes.

Ridley_Prime

Damborgson
Jiren is just kind of..there.

His attraction is to be strong, I don't blame anyone that likes him, he's just dumb compared to like Hit, for example.

Estacado
Problem with Jiren is that the whole character just feels emotionless, his one liners are lame, his reactions reflect nothing.

He just seems phuckin boring, I cant relate to him it all.

bbrem123
I relate to him perfectly. Must be me having absolute power and all though. shifty

TheBadguy
I think he anime is rushing and handling him sloppily I expect the manga to get to whatever they are trying to portray with him much better

cdtm
He's basically Starro the Conqueror from R.E.B.E.L.s

Entire planet and family invaded by the alien mind controlling starfish. Somehow, this one alien turned the tables and controlled the entire Starro race.

And then he went on a bemder and decided to conquer nine galaxies, just to gather strength.

Their past and motivations are about the same.

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson
Jiren is just kind of..there.

His attraction is to be strong, I don't blame anyone that likes him, he's just dumb compared to like Hit, for example.

Hit? He's not exactly a great character either...

NewGuy01
But he is by comparison, which is telling.

ares834
Personally, I'd disagree.

Ridley_Prime
What made Hit appealing was Goku having to fight more strategically and use his head again to try and counter the time skips. On that note I suppose being a time manipulator like Guldo but can actually fight, he was unique. Jiren is just the next big number, and strategic fights are always more interesting than number measuring contests...

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
What made Hit appealing was Goku having to fight more strategically and use his head again to try and counter the time skips. On that note I suppose being a time manipulator like Guldo but can actually fight, he was unique. Jiren is just the next big number, and strategic fights are always more interesting than number measuring contests... This times a billion. thumb up

cdtm
It was interesting, even if it didn't make sense.

Suspension of disbelief can't make me not wonder why Hit kept putting his face in front of a time frozen Goku's "prediction".

NewGuy01
Well, the way I think it was supposed to work was that Hit was skipping time, not freezing it. In other words, he would pre-determine his attack, and then force himself into the future. In that case, Goku's strategy would have been perfectly viable.

But as usual, Toei just can't stand making sense, so it basically morphed into a generic time-freezing ability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.