Incest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideun
Why do you think incest is bad from a moral viewpoint? I'm not talking about the genetical stuff. We all know it's bad for the close genetic relatives to multiply, that one is obvious.

But what about the moral viewpoint? Why do you think it's bad in case of morals, assuming full consent of both parties of course and both being grown up (even more obvious)?

SSJGGogeta
I mean, morally I don't really think it's... wrong? Not any more than other sexuality's, assuming both adults are consenting.

I think it's seen as morally wrong because people like to demonize other people's sexuality or choices. Of course, there is the inbreeding problem, which is why it's certainly not a very healthy practice.

Regardless, it's not like it's zoophilia or pedophilia, or something like that. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I personally don't think it should be anyone else's business what you do in privacy... Regardless of how repulsive the idea would be to me personally. /shrug

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gideun
Why do you think incest is bad from a moral viewpoint? It's not.

Surtur
It just seems weird. I dunno. Plus if it is normalized, how long until they wanna be able to have their retarded babies?

BackFire
Anyone who is against incest has never had a hot cousin.

Silent Master
Originally posted by BackFire

Was that pun intentional?

juggerman

I've had your hot cousin *bah dum tis*

The.D0minator
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not.

NewGuy01
Depends. In the case of parent-child incest, for example, I think there's certainly some moral questions that should be raised.

Lord Lucien
Nah. Legal ones, sure. Psychologically damaging, yeah. Moral... no.

StyleTime
As others have pointed out, I think the landscape gets muddy around the consent issue. A parent-child relationship, even once the child can legally consent, is just a difficult relationship to examine.

We're talking potential situations where the life-long caregiver and primary authority figure raises their soon-to-be lover from birth. It's hard to imagine full agency from the child, even with a particularly conscientious parent.

It might be the most extreme scenario, but a possibility nonetheless.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I think it's seen as morally wrong because people like to demonize other people's sexuality or choices. Of course, there is the inbreeding problem, which is why it's certainly not a very healthy practice.

Regardless, it's not like it's zoophilia or pedophilia, or something like that. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I personally don't think it should be anyone else's business what you do in privacy... Regardless of how repulsive the idea would be to me personally. /shrug

Why isn't it like zoophilia or pedophilia?

NemeBro
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Why isn't it like zoophilia or pedophilia? Because animals and children are not typically sufficiently mentally-equipped to consent to and handle a sexual encounter with a human adult is the reasoning I'd imagine.

Whereas my hot as phuck cousin Kim is perfectly mentally capable of handling a night with her sweet cousin Neme.

Flyattractor
Sounds like there are going to be some webbed toed kids in somebody's future.

NemeBro
I doubt that, Kimmy has about two or three years before she gets her first ovulation so I have some time.

Flyattractor
About the same time you will be getting out of prison.

Which will probably NOT Help your Ovulation cycle...

ESB -1138
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because animals and children are not typically sufficiently mentally-equipped to consent to and handle a sexual encounter with a human adult is the reasoning I'd imagine.

So one can't consent until their mid-twenties? That's when the frontal lobe (aka the rational part of the brain) is fully developed? Or do you draw the line earlier and if so, then where and why?

This may seem odd but when you have News Outlets like Salon who are trying to mainstream pedophilia (among others), you begin to see why we should question such things.

And just to avoid confusion, I'm 100% against incest and pedophilia.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ESB -1138
And just to avoid confusion, I'm 100% against incest and pedophilia.

How brave.

ILS
Is being a degenerate moral?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How brave.

Thanks wink big grin

riv6672
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ILS
Is being a degenerate moral?

You are the one with first-hand experience, you tell me.

ILS
go find a rope kid

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ILS
go find a rope kid

When I do, I will be sure to come find you.

riv6672
Incest and online death threats... pizza

ILS
smile

Wonder Man
The Son of God explained it to the Father like this.
He said that if it saves a life to do so.
He also said that it is a choice people make and that either male or female incest is o.k. as long as the choice is made.

Mathemagician28
First off I want to say I'm not currently considering pursuing incestral relations, but that being said if someone is attractive to you why is there such stigma on there being romantic relations independent of familiarity, age gap, gender or monogamous principles? Why is this particular subject when each situation is unique in how it effects the world around you. It's very difficult to judge a subject when it is removed from the actual unique individuals that it pertains to.

Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.