Barbatos Vs Zero Hour Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
https://i.imgur.com/upr4F1a.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/ockS1ZL.jpg

cdtm
Probably Parallax.

MrMind
I still haven't seen Barbatos done anything impressive on panel

MythLord
At this point we know any solid victory that our heroes had is because Barbatos allowed it, that would include Parallax. On top of that, people who've seen Parallax firsth and still ranked Barbatos higher.

And as for feats: him killing the previous master of the World Forge(a sibling of the Anti-Monitor and Monitors) and making the multiverse recoil/shake by singing/screaming is superior to any feat Parallax has.

cdtm
Originally posted by MythLord
At this point we know any solid victory that our heroes had is because Barbatos allowed it, that would include Parallax. On top of that, people who've seen Parallax firsth and still ranked Barbatos higher.

And as for feats: him killing the previous master of the World Forge(a sibling of the Anti-Monitor and Monitors) and making the multiverse recoil/shake by singing/screaming is superior to any feat Parallax has.

Yeah, but Hal remade literally everything. He was a one man Crisis.

Presumably, that includes Hypertime, other dimensions, other realms. And the Dark Realm and Forge are part of the package.

I'd probably stop short at something like Heaven or Hell, but all the rest is implied in Zero Hour..

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Barbatos should obliterate.

cdtm
Why?

Hal took down Spectre in a straight fight. Barbatos hasn't done much but wait on his minions.

xJLxKing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Galan007
The Dark Multiverse is essentially a reflection of the Overvoid -- the 'yang' to the Overvoid's 'yin'... They are equal in size/scale. So yes, all realms that comprise Morrison's Multiverse would be microbial in comparison.

...But the 5th dimension does not exist in Morrison's Map of the Multiverse. By all implications, it is beyond the Multiverse entirely... Likely even beyond the Overvoid as well, given Morrison's take on what exactly the 5th dimension represents. /shrug

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The point being I HIGHLY doubt Parallax ever operated on that kind of scale.

Galan007
Parallax's best feat is nearly resurrecting the pre-crisis multiverse.

Compared to the Overvoid/Dark Multiverse, however, even the PC multiverse is about the size of a bacteria.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Parallax's best feat is nearly resurrecting the pre-crisis multiverse.

Compared to the Overvoid/Dark Multiverse, however, even the PC multiverse is about the size of a bacteria.

What is the Overvoid, again? lol

Galan007
Primal Monitor.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So Galan, how do you think Barbatos fares here?

Galan007
He wins, imo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

MythLord
Alright, quick run down:
1. Hal remade a universe not the Multiverse
2. The Dark Multiverse, the World Forge and everything else exist outside the Mainstream Multiverse, regardless
3. Hal never took down Spectre; he just blasted him once and Spectre later returned and judged his ass to oblivion. The Spectre has so far bested Parallax four times, has been stated as powerful enough to destroy Parallax and, despite "fearing it", has overcome it's hold over Hal Jordan.
4. The Batman Who Laughs took down the Spectre, and he's one of Barbatos' underlings.

Barbatos wins.

Galan007
Alright, quick run down:
1. Hal remade a universe not the Multiverse No.

As I mentioned, Hal never actually 'remade' anything... He nearly remade cosmology, but was stopped before he was able to do so. That said, Hal was recreating FAR more than a single universe...

"Parallax attempted to create new worlds and timelineS Entire timelineS began to collapse, as alternate realitieS seeped in and out of existence...":
https://i.imgur.com/wXikD1K.jpg

This scan clarifies it even moreso...
"With reality destroyed, Parallax began to recast history He would have created multiple universeS with multiple earths, unwittingly restoring much of what existed before the Crisis...":
https://i.imgur.com/APi6xc9.jpg

*And before the Crisis, there were infinite universes:
https://i.imgur.com/jZ4Z1qy.jpg

...ZH Parallax was well on his way to remaking most of that.

Barbatos wins. I agree. At the end of the day, Barbatos operates on an infinitely greater scale than Parallax.

DarkSaint85
Alright, quick run down:
1. Hal remade a universe not the Multiverse
2. The Dark Multiverse, the World Forge and everything else exist outside the Mainstream Multiverse, regardless
3. Hal never took down Spectre; he just blasted him once and Spectre later returned and judged his ass to oblivion. The Spectre has so far bested Parallax four times, has been stated as powerful enough to destroy Parallax and, despite "fearing it", has overcome it's hold over Hal Jordan.
4. The Batman Who Laughs took down the Spectre, and he's one of Barbatos' underlings.

Barbatos wins.

thumb up good post.

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
The Dark Multiverse is essentially a reflection of the Overvoid -- the 'yang' to the Overvoid's 'yin'... They are equal in size/scale. So yes, all realms that comprise Morrison's Multiverse would be microbial in comparison.

...But the 5th dimension does not exist in Morrison's Map of the Multiverse. By all implications, it is beyond the Multiverse entirely... Likely even beyond the Overvoid as well, given Morrison's take on what exactly the 5th dimension represents. /shrug

the dark multiverse is the reflection of overvoid? where is the evidence of that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.