Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow vs Batman and Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RadZoa
No Ikon suit, best versions of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes

MrMind
team 1

deathslash
Originally posted by MrMind
team 1 solidly too.

Zack M
Batman currently has the all-page. Team 2 should win.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
Batman currently has the all-page. Team 2 should win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
if i could find a partner (too much work prepping 2 guys) i would bz this and take bats and slade. if 2 guys want to take se and ss maybe i could find someone to rep bats or slade.

DarkSaint85
I'd be on your side, repping Bats

leonidas
thumb up

any joe backers?

DarkSaint85
Any one here confident enough to back their gay ass nerdy doll franchise??? thumb up

leonidas
https://i.imgur.com/rGIo3Hr.jpg

DarkSaint85
Come on Barbies, let's go party!!!!

spetznaz
😄

One Big Mob
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Any one here confident enough to back their gay ass nerdy doll franchise??? thumb up I'm curious if I could bullshit my way through a debate with absolutely zero knowledge on the Joes?

Throw down a post with some feats of why team 2 wins and I'll think about it.

Oh wait, Batman, I don't want to debate this.

leonidas
i used se in that low meta one post event and will say a couple things in all honesty:
(1) he has some pretty solid feats
(2) he is one of the most overhyped characters i've ever researched

if you do a search and look for se vs you will find quite a few. as i researched him i was amazed how many feats were DESCRIBED by people, and how few scans were SHOWN supporting the descriptions. many of his feats are composite feats i've found, taken from cartoons or his manga version (where he was considerably more powerful) and being attributed to his comic version. it was...weird. i actually LIKE the character quite a bit, and enjoyed a great deal of the material i read while researching him (some of the idw stuff was REALLY good, better than the devil's due stuff imo, and MUCH better than most of the marvel junk). for the life of me i can't figure why he needs to be made into something he isn't. he is certainly in the same class as guys like dd and batman. he's not above them, and not far below imo. but he isn't faster than spiderman (as i read MANY times) and he isn't flipping tanks (a crazy claim i read MANY times). he's tough and he's cool and he doesn't need to have sh!t made up about him to make him seem cooler or tougher than he is.

before slash thinks i'm addressing any of that at him, i will say that in almost any se thread slash posted in, he DID support his stance with se scans. i used a few and used some others at jump off points for some of the research i did. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I think people are just scared of us

One Big Mob
Originally posted by leonidas
i used se in that low meta one post event and will say a couple things in all honesty:
(1) he has some pretty solid feats
(2) he is one of the most overhyped characters i've ever researched

if you do a search and look for se vs you will find quite a few. as i researched him i was amazed how many feats were DESCRIBED by people, and how few scans were SHOWN supporting the descriptions. many of his feats are composite feats i've found, taken from cartoons or his manga version (where he was considerably more powerful) and being attributed to his comic version. it was...weird. i actually LIKE the character quite a bit, and enjoyed a great deal of the material i read while researching him (some of the idw stuff was REALLY good, better than the devil's due stuff imo, and MUCH better than most of the marvel junk). for the life of me i can't figure why he needs to be made into something he isn't. he is certainly in the same class as guys like dd and batman. he's not above them, and not far below imo. but he isn't faster than spiderman (as i read MANY times) and he isn't flipping tanks (a crazy claim i read MANY times). he's tough and he's cool and he doesn't need to have sh!t made up about him to make him seem cooler or tougher than he is.

before slash thinks i'm addressing any of that at him, i will say that in almost any se thread slash posted in, he DID support his stance with se scans. i used a few and used some others at jump off points for some of the research i did. thumb up Ah, the old Long Pig syndrome. It also pigged its way into Saint of Killers, and a few others.

You've simultaneously made me curious and completely put off because I know exactly what you're talking about. Maybe if I wasn't sure they had hundreds of appearances would I check them out. Though "best versions" does imply a composite of sorts, which someone could piggy back off of and say this weaker Joe did it so this stronger one can. Hmm.

Supermutant
I'm interested just not with team 1. Bruce needs to be humbled.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermutant
I'm interested just not with team 1. Bruce needs to be humbled.

With obi-wan and maul?thumb up

leonidas
you wanna take a jedi on with bats? hmm, i would maybe take you up on that but the research for a jedi is such a pain in the a$$. lol i'd partner with smurph against bats and someone since you seem so eager to deal with bats. bran you want in?

let's stick to slightly more well known street-style guys since no one really seems to want to step up for the joes.

team ds would have bats and ???
team smurph would have ??? and ???

i think the 4 of us (bran, smurph and ds) in a bz would be tons of fun and should make for some good competition. we can figure out teams and settle on rules.
opening post +3 posts is standard nowadays. we could shrink it or make it one post, whatever. you guys got me pumped, so hopefully we can make this work.

Philosophía
I think he's taunting Supermutant by saying that Maul/Obi would stomp, not that he'd argue against them with Batman.

One Big Mob
I'm not a bz kind of guy. I'm more of a respond to something someone said kind of guy. It keeps me a lot more focused without any pressure.

I'd probably write up a 10 post opener to account for all variables and be instantly dq'ed.

DarkSaint85

Supermutant
With obi-wan and maul?thumb up

https://i.imgflip.com/1lq5kg.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Smurph
you wanna take a jedi on with bats? hmm, i would maybe take you up on that but the research for a jedi is such a pain in the a$$. lol i'd partner with smurph against bats and someone since you seem so eager to deal with bats. bran you want in?

let's stick to slightly more well known street-style guys since no one really seems to want to step up for the joes.

team ds would have bats and ???
team smurph would have ??? and ???

i think the 4 of us (bran, smurph and ds) in a bz would be tons of fun and should make for some good competition. we can figure out teams and settle on rules.
opening post +3 posts is standard nowadays. we could shrink it or make it one post, whatever. you guys got me pumped, so hopefully we can make this work. thumb up

Early March is better for me, so we should start soon.

If Bran's out, Phil can jump in?

leonidas
whatever. early march would be cool for me.

leonidas
i didn't see mutant's post. if we can get 4 i'm cool with whenever and pretty much whoever.

DarkSaint85
I'm only doing this match lol.

leonidas
so you don't want in if se and ss aren't in? thumb up

One Big Mob
so you don't want in if se and ss aren't in? thumb up Darksaint used to get bullied a lot for bringing his GI Joes to high school. He's spent his life renouncing them and taking every chance he can to get back at the brand and especially Snowjob for ruining his life.

Philosophía
The match should be leo/smurph vs leo/smurph. 2 chars/team.

And they'd argue diagonally, without addressing their own characters.

leonidas
lol that gives me a headache just thinking about it. if no one wants to team up, i'll happily do a high street or low meta bz for fun. not interested phil?

Philosophía
lol that gives me a headache just thinking about it. if no one wants to team up, i'll happily do a high street or low meta bz for fun. not interested phil? I know nothing about Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow, but I was tempted just for the sake of it, as long as they have a chance . I checked all of their appearances on comicbookdb, and there's a lot of them, and when you factor in all the other media appearances, that's a lot of work.

I don't think I'd have the time in the next few weeks either way for any kind of bz, even if the interest is there, but maybe after that.

I'd be happy to judge, though.

leonidas
we bailed on the idea of anyone taking se and ss--too much research. i'd suggested just a high street team bz with characters of our choice. if not, like i said, i'd be happy to just bz a high street/low meta (no one takes a jedi!) just for funsies. if it's just 1on1 i could maybe even use snake. teams would have been fun though.

DarkSaint85
Did we bail?

Ah well.

Another challenge I think would be fun. Me and someone else who's good with prep (inventive sneaky bastards, iow) take, say, Bats and one other (Panther? DS?)

And issue an open invitation to others. No limit. HH, Mid, trans, your choice.

Catch is: we get one sided prep. We can't call in others to fight for us (so it's not going to suddenly devolve into a team of Superman/Dr Strange), and it has to be something we have used ourselves (so Panther doesn't suddenly show up with the Wand of Watoomb). No Infinity Gauntlets or items like that.

Just to see how far we can push this 'XYZ with prep' envelope.

deathslash
Did we bail?

Ah well.

Another challenge I think would be fun. Me and someone else who's good with prep (inventive sneaky bastards, iow) take, say, Bats and one other (Panther? DS?)

Catch is: we get one sided prep. We can't call in others to fight for us (so it's not going to suddenly devolve into a team of Superman/Dr Strange), and it has to be something we have used ourselves (so Panther doesn't suddenly show up with the Wand of Watoomb). No Infinity Gauntlets or items like that.

Just to see how far we can push this 'XYZ with prep' envelope. that would certainly be fun.

leonidas
we still need 4 to do it. i'd take a character to go against the prep guys i guess, for something to do, but ds would still need a partner and so would i.

Philosophía
Did we bail?

Ah well.

Just to see how far we can push this 'XYZ with prep' envelope. I'd honestly take you both with Magneto v Batman/Black Panther (or Deathstroke) - you/leo (with prep) if I'd have the time.

And yes, I know BP has specific counter-measures against Magneto.

Maybe in a few weeks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.