Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Grant Morrison is the greatest comic book writer outside of Moore and even that is up for grabs.

So, KMC, your mission is to pick a single comic book writer(NOT ALAN MOORE) GREATER than Grant Morrison.

You must provide at least 7 works as proof.

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1483053326i/3192661._UY500_SS500_.jpg

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/1290907.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/15/24/e9/1524e933b12c19d71f1ec535c5a427ba--comic-book-covers-comic-books.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/images/shop_products/224c5b08-a726-46d1-9531-09b6420efcd3.jpg

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/2015/03/21/MULTIVUC_Main.jpg

https://d1w7fb2mkkr3kw.cloudfront.net/assets/images/book/large/9781/8457/9781845768843.jpg

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l800/pict/272785633009_1.jpg

Sin I AM
gaiman or busiek

xJLxKing
Geoff Johns

What he did with Green Lantern is pretty amazing.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
gaiman or busiek

Name 7 works from each that prove it!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Geoff Johns

What he did with Green Lantern is pretty amazing.

Name 7 works from Johns that prove it!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Name 7 works from each that prove it!

no thats dumb. everyone knows their works

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
no thats dumb. everyone knows their works

DO AS I SAY!!!!

https://i1.wp.com/37.media.tumblr.com/e1d8e42cc2cb060eea00fbc2c2f54e1b/tumblr_mrbi459m6j1rzd6w3o1_400.gif

SquallX

xJLxKing

LordofBrooklyn

LordofBrooklyn

SSJGGogeta
Masashi Kishimoto- Mangaka of Naruto.

Japanese comics count too, right?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Masashi Kishimoto- Mangaka of Naruto.

Japanese comics count too, right?

Bring on your foreign comics!

Morrison manhandles Mangakas!!

Martian_mind
Jim Shooter.

XO-Manowar
Magnus Robot Fighter
Solar, Man of the Atom
Harbinger
The Korvac Saga
The Legion of Superheroes
Secret War

Yes, Morrison is more meta, and introduces more abstract concepts, but Shooter crafted a universe that could stand toe-to-toe with Marvel and DC's best stories, and the work he produced for both companies was influential and ambitious. I recently read through the entire catalogue of classic Valiant, and it is honestly staggering how cohesively that universe operated under Jim's guidance.

IMO, his ambition and consistent writing skill, combined with the fact that he started his own universe, which still runs today, at a level of quality far higher than Marvel or DC (even if he is no longer involved) puts him above Morrison.

SSJGGogeta
Bring on your foreign comics!

Morrison manhandles Mangakas!!

Morrison is okay. He has a couple good reads under his belt.

While most Mangaka's just stick to one or two series that they're known for, I could very reasonably argue plenty of them as being better authors/writers than Morrison.

Comparing All star Superman to Naruto, Attack on Titan, Seven deadly sins, etc. would literally be like comparing McDonald's to Five Guys burgers and fries. They're not in the same league. (Morrison is Peewee, Naruto is the Major Leagues)

In terms of development, story line, attention to detail, readability, etc, I can think of a number of mangakas just off the top of my head that have Morrison beat by a mile.

I guess that's mostly opinionated, but I digress.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jim Shooter.

XO-Manowar
Magnus Robot Fighter
Solar, Man of the Atom
Harbinger
The Korvac Saga
The Legion of Superheroes
Secret War

Yes, Morrison is more meta, and introduces more abstract concepts, but Shooter crafted a universe that could stand toe-to-toe with Marvel and DC's best stories, and the work he produced for both companies was influential and ambitious. I recently read through the entire catalogue of classic Valiant, and it is honestly staggering how cohesively that universe operated under Jim's guidance.

IMO, his ambition and consistent writing skill, combined with the fact that he started his own universe, which still runs today, at a level of quality far higher than Marvel or DC (even if he is no longer involved) puts him above Morrison.

This poses the first real challenge.

When you think about Shooter writing those LOSH stories starting at the age of 13 it is really remarkable. I liked XO and Secret Wars though they bring down the average from the heights of The Korvac Saga and Solar.

Decision- MORRISON WINS!!!

LordofBrooklyn

While most Mangaka's just stick to one or two series that they're known for, I could very reasonably argue plenty of them as being better authors/writers than Morrison.

Comparing All star Superman to Naruto, Attack on Titan, Seven deadly sins, etc. would literally be like comparing McDonald's to Five Guys burgers and fries. They're not in the same league. (Morrison is Peewee, Naruto is the Major Leagues)

In terms of development, story line, attention to detail, readability, etc, I can think of a number of mangakas just off the top of my head that have Morrison beat by a mile.

HEY, YOU WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH GOGETA CHAN!!!

SSJGGogeta
HEY, YOU WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH GOGETA CHAN!!!

WATASHI WA SHINEN SHINENZU!!!

LordofBrooklyn
WATASHI WA SHINEN SHINENZU!!!

You MAY if you insult Morrison again!!!

SquallX

ares834

This... This is a troll post, right?

Martian_mind
This poses the first real challenge.

When you think about Shooter writing those LOSH stories starting at the age of 13 it is really remarkable. I liked XO and Secret Wars though they bring down the average from the heights of The Korvac Saga and Solar.

Decision- MORRISON WINS!!!

Bringing down the averages is an interesting approach to take, as it harms Morrison as well. Final Crisis is a legitimate mess as far as storytelling goes, as it completely falls apart without Superman Beyond. He has a few others that fail to meet expectations as well, such as Joe the Barbarian, Aztek and Wonder Woman Earth One.

Now, I'm not saying that Shooter never misses the mark, but when he does, it's never quite so hard as Morrison. There's also the fact that his run on Magnus covers the ideas of emergence and free will better than anything else I've read in comics. So while I understand you personally prefer Morrison, I'm going to have to declare Shooter as the genuine winner.

Good thread, though. Hopefully we actually get some more discussions, as it could expose us all to a lot of competent writers.

SquallX
Originally posted by ares834
This... This is a troll post, right?

It has to be, because none of those series came even close to touching even the first book of All Star.

abhilegend

Pax Americana alone is better than all this garbage together.

krisblaze
Comparing any of the shounen boys to Morrison is laughable.

Naoki Urasawa might touch Morrison in pure quality but their work is very different. Mangaka usually have longer stints and fewer works though, not an easy comparison.

Shooter is a challenger for sure.

Ellis has 7 works but really doesn't measure up to Morrisons consistency.

Busiek? Not imo.

One Big Mob
Hickman just in Marvel has some good works. Maybe not Morrison level but he definitely crafts a more cohesive story that makes more sense with less holes in it.

Avengers
New Avengers
Fantastic Four
Ultimate Comics
SHIELD
FF
Mojoworld

Marvel should have held onto him like grim death. I think he just left the company completely

Bentley
Osamu Tezuka is definitively in the competition.

Hellboy's best has some of the best comicbooks I've read (Three Wishes is just brilliant), Remender has some very decent stuff.

Zack M
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Hickman just in Marvel has some good works. Maybe not Morrison level but he definitely crafts a more cohesive story that makes more sense with less holes in it.

Avengers
New Avengers
Fantastic Four
Ultimate Comics
SHIELD
FF
Mojoworld

Marvel should have held onto him like grim death. I think he just left the company completely

Hickman hinted that he might write for Marvel again. Or it could be DC. He was teasing this on his Twitter.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Zack M
Hickman hinted that he might write for Marvel again. Or it could be DC. He was teasing this on his Twitter. I'd be happy with both, but Marvel really needs him more. They should give him a Johns like position. Should. I think Bendis is the Johns of Marvel though, and he can't write anymore.

Anyway, Neil Gaiman is a better writer than Morrison imo. Ignoring his novels and trying not to fill it with his Sandman limited series and assorted one shots. I'm sure others can add in books I haven't read yet.

Sandman
Death
Sandman Overture
Miracleman The Golden Age
The Books of Magic
Superman/Green Lantern Legend of the Green Flame
Black Orchid

I'd be interested to see someone do a best of J.M Dematteis, and a best list of Bendis, and a worst list of Bendis.

Zack M
I'd be happy with both, but Marvel really needs him more. They should give him a Johns like position. Should. I think Bendis is the Johns of Marvel though, and he can't write anymore.

Anyway, Neil Gaiman is a better writer than Morrison imo. Ignoring his novels and trying not to fill it with his Sandman limited series and assorted one shots. I'm sure others can add in books I haven't read yet.

Sandman
Death
Sandman Overture
Miracleman The Golden Age
The Books of Magic
Superman/Green Lantern Legend of the Green Flame
Black Orchid

I'd be interested to see someone do a best of J.M Dematteis, and a best list of Bendis, and a worst list of Bendis.

Well, here is the hint.

https://i.imgur.com/OxSV3Vz.png

krisblaze
Hickman is just what the x-men need

Digi
Nice thread idea.

Gaiman and Shooter are excellent entries. I tend not to prefer Morrison to some other "greats." His great ideas are, well, great. But there are a handful of Morrison books that you need to read an interview he does explaining it later on to fully appreciate what he was trying to do. Kudos for ambition in those situations, but that's not good writing if you have to fill in relevant details outside the work itself. No doubting his brilliance, I just think he's problematic more often than some writers.

Anyway...Warren Ellis:

Planetary
The Authority (their earlier run)
Extremis
Stormwatch
Transmetropolitan
Ultimate FF V1-2
X-Men Excalibur (Marvel UK)

...I struggled to pick seven, not because seven good books of his don't exist, but there's a lot more to choose from.

Imo Ellis win over Gaiman, however barely.

Digi
And while we're at it, might as well include Moore in the running, which LoB did mention:

Saga of the Swamp Thing
Batman: The Killing Joke
Watchmen
V for Vendetta
Miracleman
Supreme
Tom Strong

...I'm not an avid Moore follower, but I do like most of the above. The last couple are guesses based on critical acclaim. I may have missed some seminal books.

SquallX

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Digi
And while we're at it, might as well include Moore in the running, which LoB did mention:

Saga of the Swamp Thing
Batman: The Killing Joke
Watchmen
V for Vendetta
Miracleman
Supreme
Tom Strong

...I'm not an avid Moore follower, but I do like most of the above. The last couple are guesses based on critical acclaim. I may have missed some seminal books.

I SAID NO MOORE!!!

Digi
{edit} Lost my edit window on the above. Meant to say Ellis > Morrison, not Gaiman, though he's my favorite of the bunch overall, so both statements remain valid. All are excellent, though, of course.

Also, you did say Moore's status was "up for grabs" so you were practically begging for a comparison to Morrison.

krisblaze
Really?

Because the writer for berserk basically did a year of nothing but double page splashes and no content.

Its a different beast for sure but its been nearly 10 years since Berserk was good.

deathslash

Digi
Stan Lee

Do I really need to list books? In unrelated news, he's apparently battling pneumonia atm, and at his age...let's hope this doesn't turn into a tribute thread in the next 48 hours or so.

leonidas
i haven't followed this thread but along those lines kirby cannot possibly be left out of any list of the greatest writers. his best could stand up with anyone and the list of his achievements is lonngggg... and gardner fox. hard to measure the impact his ideas had on dc cosmology. the implications of his original flash stories were basically setting the stage for....all the crises that followed.

SquallX
Originally posted by krisblaze
Really?

Because the writer for berserk basically did a year of nothing but double page splashes and no content.

Its a different beast for sure but its been nearly 10 years since Berserk was good.

Berserk has always been good. Slow, super ****ing slow moving, but each chapter still good.

leonidas
stupid bottom of the page. sneer

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
stupid bottom of the page. sneer

Don't know enough about Fox specifically to comment. But historical significance and "great writer" are surely different things. Often it's hard to separate one from the other - as with Kirby and Lee - though of course they both have enough great work to be discussed in a thread like this. It's just hard to judge them on merit alone. At least imo.

Anyway, no arguments on the Kirby inclusion, and I like the nod to the past. But I'd put the question to you: was Fox also a great writer? Or more a significant one?

abhilegend
Gardner Fox is an underrated legend. His JLA rivals Stan and Kirby in terms of creativity.

LordofBrooklyn
Stan Lee

Do I really need to list books? In unrelated news, he's apparently battling pneumonia atm, and at his age...let's hope this doesn't turn into a tribute thread in the next 48 hours or so.

Lee AND Kirby.

Lee AND Ditko.

What are the PURELY solo Lee efforts you can cite?

Digi
Lee AND Kirby.

Lee AND Ditko.

What are the PURELY solo Lee efforts you can cite?

No real argument on that point. Just throwing him into the mix. My truer entries were Ellis and Moore, and cosigning others like Gaiman and Shooter.

krisblaze
Originally posted by SquallX
Berserk has always been good. Slow, super ****ing slow moving, but each chapter still good.

The work is still great as a whole.

The last five years have been pretty mediocre.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Gardner Fox is an underrated legend. His JLA rivals Stan and Kirby in terms of creativity.

thumb up

his flash stuff was visionary at the time too. as to digi's question: there is certainly a distinction to be made between significant and great, but i'm not sure the degree of separation is that great in most/many cases. i think any GREAT writer, obviously carries, or has contributed work that would be considered SIGNIFICANT.

the obverse isn't necessarily true--someone can have a significant piece of work but not BE great, in terms of consistency. f scott fitzgerald, harper lee and jd salinger come to mind as novelists, but there are several more, and more current examples.

in fox's case though i would say he could be considered great. not only for his vision and impact, but for having written some truly great stories. problem is people reading them today--kids, young adults--may not see them as great NOW. does that mean they shouldn't be considered great? subjectivity is a beeatch.

Digi
thumb up

his flash stuff was visionary at the time too. as to digi's question: there is certainly a distinction to be made between significant and great, but i'm not sure the degree of separation is that great in most/many cases. i think any GREAT writer, obviously carries, or has contributed work that would be considered SIGNIFICANT.

the obverse isn't necessarily true--someone can have a significant piece of work but not BE great, in terms of consistency. f scott fitzgerald, harper lee and jd salinger come to mind as novelists, but there are several more, and more current examples.

in fox's case though i would say he could be considered great. not only for his vision and impact, but for having written some truly great stories. problem is people reading them today--kids, young adults--may not see them as great NOW. does that mean they shouldn't be considered great? subjectivity is a beeatch.

thumb up

Good post, not much to add. I had some really old JSA stuff at one point (reprints, not originals, but from the Silver Age) that would fall into that subjective sinkhole as well. I always enjoyed them, at least.

Frank Miller might be a good candidate for the "significant, not great" category. His best work is excellent but I'm not sure it's aged as well as some? I may be wrong.

Or Loeb. The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics ever (and heavily influenced the Nolan movies), and he has other important works as well. But he's also been a pin cushion for criticism.

SquallX

One Big Mob
thumb up

Good post, not much to add. I had some really old JSA stuff at one point (reprints, not originals, but from the Silver Age) that would fall into that subjective sinkhole as well. I always enjoyed them, at least.

Frank Miller might be a good candidate for the "significant, not great" category. His best work is excellent but I'm not sure it's aged as well as some? I may be wrong.

Or Loeb. The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics ever (and heavily influenced the Nolan movies), and he has other important works as well. But he's also been a pin cushion for criticism. Loeb at his peak is great. The problem is he can also be bottom of the barrel stuff ever since his son went on a vacation to Valhalla.
Bendis used to be pretty good too. Nowadays he is more often than not complete trash. Which is why I was interested in someone making his best and worst lists. I don't know what happened to him though. His brain died?

Digi
Loeb at his peak is great. The problem is he can also be bottom of the barrel stuff ever since his son went on a vacation to Valhalla.

He wrote Hush too, yeah? He gets Batman. Even if his "average" was far below those, I'd be cool having him on Batman indefinitely if we got work on that (or Long Halloween's) level every handful of years.

I was never terribly into Bendis, so I'm less interested there. Johns is another interesting case study, since he earned his "golden child" status at DC on things like JSA, GL and Infinite Crisis. Then he cooled considerably.

leonidas
thumb up

Or Loeb. The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics ever (and heavily influenced the Nolan movies), and he has other important works as well. But he's also been a pin cushion for criticism.

miller is an interesting one. his best is truly great. dk is one of the greatest comics ever written, for certain. i think some of his dd stuff was truly great as well. batman year 1 was one of my fave batman stories ever and i loved wolverine. many loved ronin too. i dunno man, hard to leave him off a list of greatest comic writers of all time imo. his best matches up with almost anyone's....

bendis had some good stuff but i certainly wouldn't put him on a GREAT list yet. i'd place hickman above him, and probably johns too in terms of 'recent greats'.

not sure if anyone mentioned starlin, but as terrible as he has been (and i think his recent work has taken him OUT of any all time great list, he had some seminal works in the past and certainly deserves mention as significant, if not great.

StiltmanFTW

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1483053326i/3192661._UY500_SS500_.jpg

Quintillion times better than Whedon's Astonishing thumb up

Putinbot1
Warren Ellis /thread

StiltmanFTW
Ellis' work is good, but Morrison is on a different level.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ellis' work is good, but Morrison is on a different level. Disagree, crooked little vein, gun machine are prose and tropes of quality. Even Ellis's use of a Jesus Buttplug is worth a giggle.

Warren Ellis /end thread

DarkSaint85
Warren Ellis

Garth Ennis

Mike Carey

StiltmanFTW
Dark Saint

Digi
miller is an interesting one. his best is truly great. dk is one of the greatest comics ever written, for certain. i think some of his dd stuff was truly great as well. batman year 1 was one of my fave batman stories ever and i loved wolverine. many loved ronin too. i dunno man, hard to leave him off a list of greatest comic writers of all time imo. his best matches up with almost anyone's....

bendis had some good stuff but i certainly wouldn't put him on a GREAT list yet. i'd place hickman above him, and probably johns too in terms of 'recent greats'.

not sure if anyone mentioned starlin, but as terrible as he has been (and i think his recent work has taken him OUT of any all time great list, he had some seminal works in the past and certainly deserves mention as significant, if not great.

You convinced me on Miller. I forgot he did "Year One" and I guess I haven't read as much of his stuff as I thought. I thought of Starlin briefly too, but yeah, agreed.

Bendis does very little for me. Hickman's fine. Johns was on fire for a period of time, but has cooled imo.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ellis' work is good, but Morrison is on a different level.

This is all subjective, but it's worth having the discussion just to remind us of certain writers and books. Ellis is my #1 as well, but I won't argue too hard if someone else is repping most of those mentioned in this thread, bc it's splitting hairs after a while.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Disagree, crooked little vein, gun machine are prose and tropes of quality. Even Ellis's use of a Jesus Buttplug is worth a giggle.

Warren Ellis /end thread

LIES!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Warren Ellis

Garth Ennis

Mike Carey

Provide 7 works from each to prove your point!!!

I'm particularly in your Ennis argument because after PREACHER, HELLBLAZER, and PUNISHER what is there?

SquallX

StiltmanFTW
#fanboyalert

Badabing
Low T LOB is autistic.

deathslash

I'm particularly in your Ennis argument because after PREACHER, HELLBLAZER, and PUNISHER what is there? Hitman, judge dredd, the boys, and crossed. Suck it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
Low T LOB is autistic.

I'LL QUARTER YOUR ASHY, SCALED, ABOMINATION OF A BODY AND POST THEM ACROSS BROOKLYN!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by deathslash
Hitman, judge dredd, the boys, and crossed. Suck it.

Judgement- FAILED

Hitman- A fun well written series. NOTHING compared to Morrison's greatness.

Judge Dredd- Standard fare. Again, NOTHING compared to the MASTER Morrison.

I won't even mention the other 2!

Martian_mind
While I'm still solidly in the Jim Shooter camp, I'd like to put forward Kieth Giffen as a consistently solid, influential performer.

LordofBrooklyn
While I'm still solidly in the Jim Shooter camp, I'd like to put forward Kieth Giffen as a consistently solid, influential performer.

1. Legion of Superheroes- A legendary run and one of the best of all time.

2. JLI- Another great run and set the template for comedy in mainstream titles.

3. Lobo- The definitive take on The Czarnian!

I've read Ambush Bug and that was decent but I can't think of anything besides the aforementioned titles.

One Big Mob
1. Legion of Superheroes- A legendary run and one of the best of all time.

2. JLI- Another great run and set the template for comedy in mainstream titles.

3. Lobo- The definitive take on The Czarnian!

I've read Ambush Bug and that was decent but I can't think of anything besides the aforementioned titles. Annihilation
Annihilation: Silver Surfer
The better half of Thanos' first mini series
The Drax mini that turned him into who everyone knows him as - Baptista
You could include Annihilation Conquest: Starlord just to show how much lead in and material he wanted to write about the first Annihilation war.

DarkSaint85

I'm particularly in your Ennis argument because after PREACHER, HELLBLAZER, and PUNISHER what is there?

It's also the quantity, particularly with Preacher etc (and Carey with Lucifer and the Unwritten).

All Star Superman is great. It was also what, five issues? Preacher doesn't let up for 75 issues. Lucifer also had 75 issues. So just counting it all as one work, when you're comparing essentially one shots and individual storylines to entire characters......

For this reason, I also nominate Kirkman.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's also the quantity, particularly with Preacher etc (and Carey with Lucifer and the Unwritten).

All Star Superman is great. It was also what, five issues? Preacher doesn't let up for 75 issues. Lucifer also had 75 issues. So just counting it all as one work, when you're comparing essentially one shots and individual storylines to entire characters......

For this reason, I also nominate Kirkman.

Ennis has Preacher which was great though the series doesn't come close to anything Morrison has done. The scope of the series is very small to even Morrison's underappreciated works.

Lucifer takes us on a great ride but that is a SINGLE work.

I like Invincible and The Walking Dead that being said I can't see where Kirkman has risen to Morrison's level of mastery. Kirkman to me is more akin to Waid and David, great storytellers who operate in a certain vein.

abhilegend
Anybody thinking Hitman isn't great is a straight up idiot. It's the best work Ennis has done, better than even Preacher.

LordofBrooklyn
better than even Preacher.

LIES!

Tommy's adventures in Hitman were fun. Jesse's story in Preacher was a level above in every way. The plot twists alone trump anything in Hitman.

abhilegend
Shut up puppy. Hitman shits all over Preacher in everything from action, humor, pathos and most importantly heart.

The zombie night at Gotham aquarium alone is better than anything in Preacher.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/7/71975/2652574-hitman_vol_1_14.jpg

Just look at that.

LordofBrooklyn
Shut up puppy. Hitman shits all over Preacher in everything from action, humor, pathos and most importantly heart.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/7/71975/2652574-hitman_vol_1_14.jpg

Just look at that.

You've never been quite right since I BANNED YOU from The House Of El.

Action- No, we start with a failed Man in Texas and from there we go from secret societies to the Metaphysical in the same series. And it all works.

Advantage- PREACHER

Humor- You can't be serious. Between Cassidy and Herr Starr there is enough humor to make a series on that alone. The Saint Of Killers has his moments as well.

Advantage- PREACHER

Pathos- Saint Of Killer's Origin. Arseface's origin. Jesse's story. Tulip's arc. This barely deserves a response.

Advantage- PREACHER

Heart- I've basically ripped YOUR heart out of your chest with this post. Hitman is good, Preacher is CLASSIC!

Advantage- PREACHER

I'm starting to even doubt whether you've even read Preacher!

krisblaze
Pointless discussion, both are excellent.

abhilegend
You've never been quite right since I BANNED YOU from The House Of El.

Action- No, we start with a failed Man in Texas and from there we go from secret societies to the Metaphysical in the same series. And it all works.

Advantage- PREACHER

Humor- You can't be serious. Between Cassidy and Herr Starr there is enough humor to make a series on that alone. The Saint Of Killers has his moments as well.

Advantage- PREACHER

Pathos- Saint Of Killer's Origin. Arseface's origin. Jesse's story. Tulip's arc. This barely deserves a response.

Advantage- PREACHER

Heart- I've basically ripped YOUR heart out of your chest with this post. Hitman is good, Preacher is CLASSIC!

Advantage- PREACHER

I'm starting to even doubt whether you've even read Preacher!
I like how triggered you are. Keep it up.

StiltmanFTW

Just look at that.

Loved how he raped, humiliated and trolled that loser called Lobo.

Putinbot1
While I'm still solidly in the Jim Shooter camp, I'd like to put forward Kieth Giffen as a consistently solid, influential performer. I have to say, I always forget Shooter and really he changed bog standard monthly comics more than anyone. Big Jim is ****ing awesome.

One Big Mob
So what I gathered here is that I should read Hitman?

Putinbot1
Yeah, it's Ennis at his best.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, it's Ennis at his best.

Second best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.