King Thanos vs Great Darkness Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulkster
Who wins?

zopzop
Old King Thanos killed the following beings :
The Living Tribunal
Infinity
Galactus
Mistress Love
Sire Hate
Master Order
Lord Chaos
A host of Celestials

And a bunch of lesser Earth heroes.

Pretty sure Thanos wins.

Zack M
Living Tribunal must be pretty weak now.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Zack M
Living Tribunal must be pretty weak now. In his defense, Al Ewing ruined him and probably shouldn't be left unchained with all powerful beings.
Ultimates started decent and then went off the ****ing rails.

It's possible the Beyonder loss permanently split Living Tribunal. It's actually a pretty easy way to explain it too.

zopzop
Originally posted by One Big Mob
In his defense, Al Ewing ruined him and probably shouldn't be left unchained with all powerful beings.
Ultimates started decent and then went off the ****ing rails.
thumb up

But did you see Starlin's take? Apparently there's a LT for each universe/multiverse and their power levels differ. Warlock LT said the Beyonders would have had a bad time if they tried that sh|t with him :
https://s17.postimg.org/m61dm1npn/5331393-5260858661-97.jp.jpg https://s17.postimg.org/tm0n7uj4r/5331397-5288078777-98.jp.jpg

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop

thumb up

But did you see Starlin's take? Apparently there's a LT for each universe/multiverse and their power levels differ. Warlock LT said the Beyonders would have had a bad time if they tried that sh|t with him :
https://s17.postimg.org/m61dm1npn/5331393-5260858661-97.jp.jpg https://s17.postimg.org/tm0n7uj4r/5331397-5288078777-98.jp.jpg Which happened after the Beyonders. And LT's next appearance was getting his head Ewinged off, iirc.

An easy explanation is having Spider-Man have a cameo in any comic and say LT is only so shitty because he got split from his Beyonder fight. And then Spider-Man never appears again in that series.

abhilegend
Old King Thanos killed the following beings :
The Living Tribunal
Infinity
Galactus
Mistress Love
Sire Hate
Master Order
Lord Chaos
A host of Celestials

And a bunch of lesser Earth heroes.

Pretty sure Thanos wins.
And he is shitting his pants seeing Surfer with mjolnir.

Go figure.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by abhilegend
And he is shitting his pants seeing Surfer with mjolnir.

Go figure. Thanos is scared of black people. It's why the only punch he threw in the Bendis fight was a lashing out at War Machine. A dog cornered is the most dangerous

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos kills everything in existence. The only weapon he chooses to wield against his ultimate enemy is an Asgardian artifact. Who is his greatest enemy and beating the shit out of him, another Thanos and a Ghost Rider? The Silver Surfer wielding Thor's hammer (Mjolnir - Penis = OP).

It's a fanfic both designed to kill Quanchi from constant orgasms and piss in Abhil's curry flakes.

I like how no one is even bothering mentioning he one-shot killed the Hulk. Is that not significant anymore? It's the Hulk.

abhilegend
Thanos is scared of black people. It's why the only punch he threw in the Bendis fight was a lashing out at War Machine. A dog cornered is the most dangerous
laughing out loudOriginally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos kills everything in existence. The only weapon he chooses to wield against his ultimate enemy is an Asgardian artifact. Who is his greatest enemy and beating the shit out of him, another Thanos and a Ghost Rider? The Silver Surfer wielding Thor's hammer (Mjolnir - Penis = OP).

It's a fanfic both designed to kill Quanchi from constant orgasms and piss in Abhil's curry flakes.

I like how no one is even bothering mentioning he one-shot killed the Hulk. Is that not significant anymore? It's the Hulk.
It's also designed to kill you by gnashing of your teeth as "Why can't this be Thor instead of Surfer."

TheHulkster

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

We have to wait till Carver is at his speak to strike!!!

One Big Mob

I like how no one is even bothering mentioning he one-shot killed the Hulk. Is that not significant anymore? It's the Hulk. You'd be surprised at how few people like Punisher, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Fallen One, and Thor.
Needless to say that one guy is having fun reading this story.

I'm both upset and happy that he never fought Sentry on panel since the Sentry boys were looking for feats. Upset because he didn't kill Sentry on panel. And happy because I knew Sentry wasn't getting shit. Hulk was just the dripping creampie on the bed.

abhilegend

Rage.Of.Olympus
You'd be surprised at how few people like Punisher, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Fallen One, and Thor.
Needless to say that one guy is having fun reading this story.

I'm both upset and happy that he never fought Sentry on panel since the Sentry boys were looking for feats. Upset because he didn't kill Sentry on panel. And happy because I knew Sentry wasn't getting shit. Hulk was just the dripping creampie on the bed.

For you this is a win-win. For the first time ever, Surfer is coming at Thanos for once. And he's doing it against the most-powerful version ever. Curious how this ends.

The underlining theme of Aaron's run is that Thor is the greatest God ever and he always wins. Even if Thor is a woman. The theme here is that Thanos, wins. Always. We know he has to be the last one standing but he is after all a villain....

I want the Sentry to come out of nowhere and rip Thanos in half. I wouldn't even be mad. It would be awesome. People like Abhilegend would hop on that bandwagon faster than Carver on a two-baht lady-boy in Bangkok.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's in the previous issue where he needs twilight to compete with Surfer.

Thanos raped all of Marvel. Your ability to make anyone you dislike seem weak is impressive. You could legit put it on your resume when you apply at the Kwik-E-Mart.

playa1258
If Superman was one hit killed like that it would be prime masturbation material for Superman haters.

As for this topic Thanos takes it.

TheHulkster

One Big Mob
For you this is a win-win. For the first time ever, Surfer is coming at Thanos for once. And he's doing it against the most-powerful version ever. Curious how this ends.

The underlining theme of Aaron's run is that Thor is the greatest God ever and he always wins. Even if Thor is a woman. The theme here is that Thanos, wins. Always. We know he has to be the last one standing but he is after all a villain....

I want the Sentry to come out of nowhere and rip Thanos in half. I wouldn't even be mad. It would be awesome. People like Abhilegend would hop on that bandwagon faster than Carver on a two-baht lady-boy in Bangkok. You sicken me.
That would be the absolute worst end in any comic in history.

I'm pretty sure I'd stop reading comics again

Diesldude
Have they said how Dione acquired his power levels?

One Big Mob
Also, Odinforce King Thor had Mjolnir when Thanos killed him.
He is prepped with armor and Twilight against Silver One

abhilegend

xJLxKing
Did I miss an issue? confused

One Big Mob
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Did I miss an issue? confused Issue 14. Issue 15 is where he preps.

Also read The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 2 Issue 5. It makes some really interesting callbacks to that issue that would fly over your head otherwise. Once you see them, it'll be real "OHHH!" moments

Damborgson
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Did I miss an issue? confused

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-udghku84b5I/WkR-Z-EuzKI/AAAAAAACs_M/zaZ8PymznwsdVBmE_8n5tpCCxpiEjnqYwCLcBGAs/s1600/71_006.jpg

Insane Titan

Damborgson
Originally posted by Diesldude
Have they said how Dione acquired his power levels?

From what I can tell...it's pointing to age. The narration suggests that he grew into what he was meant to be. And as I see now outside power up, no artifact of any kind (so far) Thanos might just be destine to be a beast. Easily above skyfather.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Damborgson
From what I can tell...it's pointing to age. The narration suggests that he grew into what he was meant to be. And as I see now outside power up, no artifact of any kind (so far) Thanos might just be destine to be a beast. Easily above skyfather.

True and he is always trying to get more powerful. Looks like he achieved it in this series.

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
Dat powerlifting belly doe

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Dat powerlifting belly doe gotta make the gainz tho

TheHulkster

abhilegend

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Dat powerlifting belly doe

DIONE doesn't have anyone to do cardio for.

Bentley

Dione didn't kill Hulk, he was spotted in the basement earlier in that series.

RealityWarper
Thanos kills Darkseid first and then he kills the DC Universe.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Thanos kills Darkseid first and then he kills the DC Universe.

Stop lying to yourself!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Our Great King oneshotted Galactus in the latest issue. smile

zopzop
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Our Great King oneshotted Galactus in the latest issue. smile
Scans?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Stop lying to yourself!

Honestly I think that he can. ^^

Thanos prep' literally put everyone to shame.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Honestly I think that he can. ^^

Thanos prep' literally put everyone to shame.

Your false King DIONE wouldn't even make it off DCU Earth alive!

-K-M-
Think the biggest head scratcher was how blackbolt killed all the Celestials with a scream

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -K-M-
Think the biggest head scratcher was how blackbolt killed all the Celestials with a scream

Boltagon ripped a hole in the fabric of reality with his scream I believe.

The most powerful Depiction of Boltagon's voice I believe is still EARTH X.

xJLxKing

Insane Titan

abhilegend
Scans?
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos (2/2):
https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691146_Thanos_2016-_016-012.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691147_Thanos_2016-_016-013.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691148_Thanos_2016-_016-014.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691149_Thanos_2016-_016-015.jpg

https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691150_Thanos_2016-_016-016.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691151_Thanos_2016-_016-017.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691152_Thanos_2016-_016-018.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691153_Thanos_2016-_016-019.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691154_Thanos_2016-_016-020.jpg

...Damn. blink
Abstract level Galactus right there.

Rage.Of.Olympus

How do you know he had the Odin Force?

mhmm

zopzop
Abstract level Galactus right there.
Hilariously bad. Galactus running at Thanos with a gun commando style. laughing

EDIT -
Even Old King Thanos can't kill Punisher because of the deal he made with Mephisto to become Ghost Rider? Nice 'feat' for Mephisto (who is apparently still alive?).

xJLxKing

Enzeru
I did... not like the new Thanos issue. It was a mess, that made no sense whatsoever.

1. Did Thanos find a way to kill beings like the Sentry, who seems to be fully invincible as for now or Iceman (alongside other omega level mutants), who can fully reform as long as there is any air moisture around? Or did Thanos simply keep coming back until omega level mutants died of old age? Why can Thanos kill Sentry (if he has), but not Ghost Rider?

2. Am I now supposed to believe, that Thanos will surpass Galactus in terms of power sooner or later? Also LOL @ Galactus looking for Reed Richards and literally crying for help.

3. Why is Ghost Rider more capable than a +Galactus level Thanos when it comes to busting opponents up? Why does Thanos need Future Black Bolts (over the top destructive voice) to kill a bunch of Celestials, even though he himself seems to be able to split Galactus into half without even trying?

4. In which parallel dimension is Silver Surfer ever going to be a more formidable foe than even a starving Galactus? Mjolnir alone should never make the difference, especially, because Old Man Thanos didn't know about Mjolnir before. So Old Man Thanos got his younger self from the past to help him against Silver Surfer... even though Young Boi Thanos alone was more than enough to beat the crap out of Silver Surfer? What happened to Silver Surfer? Did he plot-power-absorb the energy of an entire universe? But even that power doesn't compare to the power of some beings Old Man Thanos has supposedly beat off-panel.

One Big Mob
How do you know he had the Odin Force?

mhmm Because I knew that'd be your excuse.

Anyway, Full Odin Force King Thor with Jane level control of Mjolnir lost against Thanos. Which means Fallen Surfer is more powerful.

Insane Titan

xJLxKing

Galan007
Which happened after the Beyonders. And LT's next appearance was getting his head Ewinged off, iirc.

An easy explanation is having Spider-Man have a cameo in any comic and say LT is only so shitty because he got split from his Beyonder fight. And then Spider-Man never appears again in that series. zop didn't post the right scene. Here Thanos explains that the LT of Warlock's universe(or rather, his essence) survived the Beyonders' rampage, while his own universe's/616 LT did not:
https://i.imgur.com/nTCZ5CZ.jpg

Which tells us that Starlin(who has given LT some of the best showings of his entire career) believes there is a different LT in each and every universe -- just like all other cosmic beings in the hierarchy.

...Then Ewing came along and took an even larger shit on LT, by implying that he, like all other cosmic beings, is merely one of Eternity's inner-functions(IOW, Eternity > LT.) sick

DarkSaint85
Not sure what the fuss about GR is.

He's basically an amped Space Punisher now.

Galan007
I wouldn't go that far, dood.

Space Punisher is easily the best(and most powerful) character that Marvel has ever created. Bar none. thumb up

One Big Mob
zop didn't post the right scene. Here Thanos explains that the LT of Warlock's universe(or rather, his essence) survived the Beyonders' rampage, while his own universe's/616 LT did not:
https://i.imgur.com/nTCZ5CZ.jpg

Which tells us that Starlin(who has given LT some of the best showings of his entire career) believes there is a different LT in each and every universe -- just like all other cosmic beings in the hierarchy.

...Then Ewing came along and took an even larger shit on LT, by implying that he, like all other cosmic beings, is merely one of Eternity's inner-functions(IOW, Eternity > LT.) sick Imagine my shock that someone like Zopsquared doesn't give me full context.

Simple enough though. Just have Spider-Man cameo for a couple panels that said the Beyonders split LT, and he hid a piece of himself away for a last resort (if anyone ever talks about that), and that is why Ewing is completely shredding the hierarchy right now.

Galan007
That'd at least be a more logical and cohesive story than anything Ewing's given us. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Some mod please fix the thread title.

TheHulkster
What extra prep or being at another level is mentioned in the comic? Surfer himself said that he spent all his years trying to become worthy.

Where is that mentioned that Surfer is more powerful than usual?

The Twilight Sword and armor is prep as well as the addition of young Thanos and GR.

"Oh...yes...I suppose you wouldn't know would you... Boy, you have never faced this foe. Not like this". - King Thanos

That quote confirms Surfer to be more powerful than before.

Sin I AM
is it me or was young thanos struggling with the annihi wave?

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/leBTiMJ.jpg

...Poor little Dione. ermm

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

zopzop
Imagine my shock that someone like Zopsquared doesn't give me full context.

Huh? The scan Galan posted backs up my scans. Thanos himself said Warlock's LT was never slain by the Beyonders.

RealityWarper
Huh? The scan Galan posted backs up my scans. Thanos himself said Warlock's LT was never slain by the Beyonders.

That's right.

Warlock's LT appeared a long time after the end of the Secret Wars.

One Big Mob
zop didn't post the right scene. thumb up

Galan007
To clarify: the scene zop posted tells us that there was indeed another LT, and Warlock took his spot.

The scene I posted gives a little more depth, and tells us that the LT of Warlock's universe was around before the Beyonder's went on their rampage, and as such, was not part of some 'split' in LT that occurred after the fact. He was around because there is/was an LT in each and every universe, per Mr. Starlin.

zopzop
thumb up
I tried sad

One Big Mob
To clarify: the scene zop posted tells us that there was indeed another LT, and Warlock took his spot.

The scene I posted gives a little more depth, and tells us that the LT of Warlock's universe was around before the Beyonder's went on their rampage, and as such, was not part of some 'split' in LT that occurred after the fact. He was around because there is/was an LT in each and every universe, per Mr. Starlin. thumb up

Don't explain yourself to the commoners.

Diesldude

Diesldude

I wonder how Quan feels about his Lord Dione begging for help from ghost rider. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
KMC rule #1

Originally posted by CosmicComet
DIONE can only be spelled with all caps.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Sin I AM
is it me or was young thanos struggling with the annihi wave?

Mostly you.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Mostly you.

naw he was struggling which makes since ...the annihi wave has always beastly.

Sin I AM

this will amke a nice sig

abhilegend
The Twilight Sword and armor is prep as well as the addition of young Thanos and GR.

"Oh...yes...I suppose you wouldn't know would you... Boy, you have never faced this foe. Not like this". - King Thanos

That quote confirms Surfer to be more powerful than before.
I'm talking about Surfer. What prep has he done?

And that was revealed as Surfer being worthy of mjolnir now. Nothing more as of now. That could change but as of this issue, Surfer isn't suggested to have received a power up.

Sin I AM
I'm talking about Surfer. What prep has he done?

And that was revealed as Surfer being worthy of mjolnir now. Nothing more as of now. That could change but as of this issue, Surfer isn't suggested to have received a power up.

wasnt he alluded to have absorbed dark matter? hes also been in the negative zone and has control of the annihi wave so he must possess the ccr

abhilegend
wasnt he alluded to have absorbed dark matter? hes also been in the negative zone and has control of the annihi wave so he must possess the ccr
No, that's just bran speculating.

Not mentioned anywhere that he absorbed CCR.

TheHulkster

abhilegend

TheHulkster

abhilegend

TheHulkster
Thanos flat out asks Surfer if waited that long to just use annihilation wave against him. Surfer replies that he was becoming worthy too and nothing else.

That must mean Surfer had some outside power up. Must be.

ermm

They are millions of years in the future. He may have not seen Surfer for a thousand years. But clearly Old Thanos has encountered a future Surfer who is more than the Surfer Young Thanos used to beat up on. The dialogue is clear as day on that. King Thanos does not armor up, grab the Twilight Sword and go into major seious mode for regular old Surfer.

Stoic
Thanos cut Galactus' head clean off. I was like wow. The Surfer must be more powerful than his regular old self, because according to a previous issue, Dione says that they wouldn't be facing off against some weak Fallen One which Thanos commented on as being weak, and wondering how his older more powerful self could be concerned about him.

Going back to how easily Galactus lost his head, and comparing how much trouble Surfer is giving the trio, it would be easy to say that the Surfer is much more powerful than Galactus. Right? I mean is it that difficult to draw upon that conclusion while holding it under that light?

Sin I AM
@abhi, the annhi wave has always been controlled by the CCR. Thats how Johnny usurped control from annihilus in the negative zone. its not farfetched to assume he has it.

abhilegend
They are millions of years in the future. He may have not seen Surfer for a thousand years. But clearly Old Thanos has encountered a future Surfer who is more than the Surfer Young Thanos used to beat up on. The dialogue is clear as day on that. King Thanos does not armor up, grab the Twilight Sword and go into major seious mode for regular old Surfer.
So yes, you're injecting your own view in the issue where nothing like that is shown or stated.

Typical. Originally posted by Sin I AM
@abhi, the annhi wave has always been controlled by the CCR. Thats how Johnny usurped control from annihilus in the negative zone. its not farfetched to assume he has it.
Maybe. But even CCR + mjolnir can't explain the discrepancy.

Sin I AM
So yes, you're injecting your own view in the issue where nothing like that is shown or stated.

Typical.

who knows. the whole arc is fanfic porn. a what if wankefest. there is still no explanation to how thanos simply got so powerful.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Thanos was not aware of it but assumed it was something.

Where? Where is that even REMOTELY alluded too?

I want Surfer to have no power-up but you are full of BULLSHIT Brown Dione.

Thanos specifically called Surfer the FALLEN ONE and was fearful of him without knowing anything else. Surfer has clearly evolved into something else. He is called the Fallen One, radiates Dark Matter and controls the Annihilation Wave. You are full of it.

Despite all this power however between the two, Mjolnir is still what he decides can make the difference. Speaks highly of the hammer.

Inedian
How is Old King Thanos so strong?

zopzop
who knows. the whole arc is fanfic porn. a what if wankefest. there is still no explanation to how thanos simply got so powerful.
My prediction : Cosmic Cube.

Sin I AM
My prediction : Cosmic Cube.

yea i was thinking that but imo it would lessen the cube

abhilegend
Where? Where is that even REMOTELY alluded too?

I want Surfer to have no power-up but you are full of BULLSHIT Brown Dione.

Thanos specifically called Surfer the FALLEN ONE and was fearful of him without knowing anything else. Surfer has clearly evolved into something else. He is called the Fallen One, radiates Dark Matter and controls the Annihilation Wave. You are full of it.

Despite all this power however between the two, Mjolnir is still what he decides can make the difference. Speaks highly of the hammer.
Thanos specifically states that Fallen One is a title, not a person. I will give you CCR option but that's not given either.

Where is Surfer radiating dark matter? Just because he is black he is radiating dark matter now? Did I miss that explanation somewhere?

laughing out loud

Never change.

"Id"

Adam Grimes
How in the phuck did he kill Professor Hulk but then later fight Maestro???

Sin I AM

"Id"
God damn smart phone and its auto correction.

Anyhow Thanos smashes.

This series is getting more ridiculous than Hal beating back Zero Hour Parallax.

carver9
When did Thanos kill Hulk?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/37691137/Thanos_2016-_016-003.jpg.html

https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691137_Thanos_2016-_016-003.jpg

LET YOUR TEARS FLOW FREELY GAMMITE!!!

TheHulkster
Is Hulk confirmed dead? He has a healing factor.

Sin I AM

he didnt. we see him blast him as earth heroes lay dying amd we see hulks skeleton during the blast

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/37691137/Thanos_2016-_016-003.jpg.html

https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/37691137_Thanos_2016-_016-003.jpg

LET YOUR TEARS FLOW FREELY GAMMITE!!!

Is that 616 Hulk? Also, what about that handy healing factor he have?

Sin I AM
Is Hulk confirmed dead? He has a healing factor.

hulk is tied up in chains amd treated like a dog pleadimg for death in future thanos basement. so no he is not dead

Sin I AM

no 616 hulk is immortal. 616 Strange just transmuted an entire dimension. these are alt reality characters

LordofBrooklyn

HULK IS HULK AND HE'S DEAD!!!

YOUR SOUL HAS BEEN BROKEN!!!

TheHulkster

abhilegend
Ghost Rider straight up says that everyone on earth died.

Sin I AM

carver9

I could've sworn I seen Thanos talking to Ghost Rider while Hulk was there. Even mentioned Hulk eating Captain America and Hulk begging Thanos to kill him. This was before the Surfer showed up at the front door. He isn't dead even though this isn't 616 Hulk.

LordofBrooklyn
I could've sworn I seen Thanos talking to Ghost Rider while Hulk was there. Even mentioned Hulk eating Captain America and Hulk begging Thanos to kill him. This was before the Surfer showed up at the front door. He isn't dead even though this isn't 616 Hulk.

He DIED!!!!

Let the healing process begin, Gammite!!!

RealityWarper

It was some Prof Hulk with a gun. Probably an alternate universe Hulk.

Bentley

He obviously meant every not-Hulk. Since we saw him and Boltagon were revealed later in the plot then Thanos probably captured them.

leonidas
and kang. he definitely meant kang was dead too. thumb up

-K-M-

Galan007
See, I was under the impression that THIS Hulk:
https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37744772_Thanos_2016-_016-003.jpg

And THIS Hulk, are one in the same:
https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/37744770_Thanos_2016-_015-011.jpg

...The latter is just thousands of years later. srug

DarkSaint85
Same.

I mean, it can't be coincidence we also see Castle there.....

Stoic
What's the big deal? Thanos was powerful enough to blast Galactus' head off with one assault, so I'm not sure why burning the Hulk's face off is a big deal? I also noticed that unless he flew off in terror, Sentry was also there and he died, or was defeated just like every other hero on Earth. Thanos is just pure bad-ass ATM.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Stoic
What's the big deal? Thanos was powerful enough to blast Galactus' head off with one assault, so I'm not sure why burning the Hulk's face off is a big deal? I also noticed that unless he flew off in terror, Sentry was also there and he died, or was defeated just like every other hero on Earth. Thanos is just pure bad-ass ATM.

It's just frustrating that we don't know how he did that...

We will probably not know but according to the fact that he grown stronger and that he used all preparation at his disposal he has probably been through massive power-boosts and used his best strategies and power-items to afford the task.

Galan007
There's also the fact that we *know* he used...esoteric means to accomplish some of the higher-end stuff. Case in point: killing the Celestial Host by detonating Blackbolt.

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
and kang. he definitely meant kang was dead too. thumb up

Obviously King Thanos only came to exist because the Avengers blundered and temporally caught Kang in Waid's run. Kang would've taught Thanos manners and fed him to his own pet Hulk.

Edit: And by obviously I mean that if you can make shit up so can I kangbiscuits

cdtm
Thanos raped all of Marvel. Your ability to make anyone you dislike seem weak is impressive. You could legit put it on your resume when you apply at the Kwik-E-Mart.

X-writers were doing that three decades ago. Out of continuity timeline absolves writers from editorial fiat, apparently. Because of how they do timelines. That's why Rock of Ages counts but Old Man Logan doesn't, because Marvel specifically says on their official webpage that time travel = universe hopping. Dragon Ball Z Cell Saga style.

Wolverine broke a claw against Deaths Head II. That mean he's cracking 616 Lobo's ribs? Is Thor ripping put Hulks heart and leaving him dead with green blood gushing
like a fountain?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Wolverine broke a claw against Deaths Head II.

You're sure you're not making this one up...?

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're sure you're not making this one up...?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t461698.html

It's impossible to copy text with any sort of precision on an iPad in safari, but the Wolverine feat begins at Limited Series #4.

I've read the story myself, and was digging around the web for some scans, and stumbled onto Digi's post.

Too bad the images shacks are all broken.

StiltmanFTW
Actually, this was an alternate universe Wolverine, so it may not have been full-strength adamantium, and it's likely Charnel's magics weakened it as well.

cdtm
Charnal weakening is just speculation. I've read the story, and there's nothing that suggests it.

I already said it was an alt Wolverine, though, That's my point,. This is also an alt Dione, and alt cosmic beings he defeated, because every single instance of Time Travel in Marvel involves alt universes (As said via the Marvel website itself.)

StiltmanFTW
No beef with you, then. I agree --- Old DIONE's feats are badass, but still non-616.

616 Logan gave DH II hell two times, afaik. Even chopping his arm off.

TheHulkster
GDS Darkseid is also an alternate.

cdtm
GDS Darkseid is also an alternate.

Yes, and no.

Yes, because he's technically pre crisis.

No, because DC has a different policy regarding time travel then Marvel. In Rock of Ages, when Kyle and other JLA members went to the future, that was the actual future. And when they changed history, they altered their universe.

Not so in Marvel. If, say, Thor visits the future where Dione takes over, he isn't visiting HIS universes future. He isn't going ahead in 616's timeline. Because according to Marvel, that's impossible... Instead, they go to a different UNIVERSE. Every change they make applies to that universe only.

DC style, future Dione would BE the present Dione. Marvel style, he's a Dione from a mirror universe.

That's why you can say Darkseid conquered the universe in Rock of Ages and be technically accurate, but can't say the same for Thanos or King Thor (I know people DO say that for Thor, and Thor even has memories of doing so, but it's technically inaccurate via Marvel's official policy.)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, and no.

Yes, because he's technically pre crisis.

No, because DC has a different policy regarding time travel then Marvel. In Rock of Ages, when Kyle and other JLA members went to the future, that was the actual future. And when they changed history, they altered their universe.

Not so in Marvel. If, say, Thor visits the future where Dione takes over, he isn't visiting HIS universes future. He isn't going ahead in 616's timeline. Because according to Marvel, that's impossible... Instead, they go to a different UNIVERSE. Every change they make applies to that universe only.

DC style, future Dione would BE the present Dione. Marvel style, he's a Dione from a mirror universe.

That's why you can say Darkseid conquered the universe in Rock of Ages and be technically accurate, but can't say the same for Thanos or King Thor (I know people DO say that for Thor, and Thor even has memories of doing so, but it's technically inaccurate via Marvel's official policy.)

thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/m4Kt86J.jpg

TheHulkster

xJLxKing

cdtm
1. Uncertain.

2. Possibly.

3. This policy is backed up by countless stories.

DC, of course, needs a way to reset the status quo in time events. Their answer is the concept of 'solid time" and "liquid time", relative to the "present".

Essentially, they can't change history via normally visiting the past (That takes a plot device like Dr. Manhattan.) The future, otoh, is always subject to change based on events in the present day.

So far, DC One Million has been referenced enough times where it probably still hasn't been retconned. At least, assuming All Star Supermans references and status as an "imaginary story" doesn't serve as a "soft retcon."

The Great Darkness Saga is trickier. When there were several offshoot timelines living in concert, I'd say no.

But with Superman merging together past history, and LOSH resurrecting a lot of old Levitz era stuff, it may very well have been re-established as "current history."

The fact DC does resets all the time, while Marvel tries to tie everything together since the silver age, kind of demands different solutions to time events.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/m4Kt86J.jpg

where is this from

StiltmanFTW
where is this from

Cable and Deadpool #25.

TheHulkster

Typical.

Well it appears that the latest issue proves you wrong.

abhilegend
Prove wrong about what? King Thanos got his ass kicked by surfer with mjolnir.

TheHulkster
Prove wrong about what? King Thanos got his ass kicked by surfer with mjolnir.

You argued that this is regular Surfer and you argued that this is the first battle between the two modern times. Wrong both times.

Stoic
@Abhi and Hulkster. I think that the artistic team for the Thanos series are above their heads, as they were and still are unable to properly keep up with the plots narration.

This team has failed repeatedly to work the more important filler scenes into the view. For example we have no idea what Thanos did to Galactus. Because of this, the entire story leaves one wondering if they'd missed an epic portion of the story that was yanked out.

Abhi this is obviously a far more powerful version of the Surfer. He was able to blow through Ghost Rider like he wasn't even there, and the idea that it took two versions of Thanos to defeat him should be more than enough to prove that the Surfer is more powerful than Mjolnir alone would be able to grant him in terms of power. Going further back to Thanos being able to take assaults from a PF Avatar allows for us to believe that the younger Thanos alone has extreme amounts of power.

abhilegend
You argued that this is regular Surfer and you argued that this is the first battle between the two modern times. Wrong both times.
And where is it shown that it's not regular surfer with mjolnir?

TheHulkster

TheHulkster
And where is it shown that it's not regular surfer with mjolnir?

In the comic. Shown and stated.

abhilegend
In the comic. Shown and stated.
Where? Post the scan.

Insane Titan
So Abhi is saying Fallen one Surfer is just regular Surfer laughing out loud Talk about acting dumb and ignorant to try and get the upper hand. He calls carver on it all the time

abhilegend
ermm

Diesldude
Originally posted by Insane Titan
So Abhi is saying Fallen one Surfer is just regular Surfer laughing out loud Talk about acting dumb and ignorant to try and get the upper hand. He calls carver on it all the time

What I don't get is, surfer if he was amped got gutted by Surturs sword. If Thanos killed abstracts and still feared him then he should be beyond weapons like Mjolnir and Surtur's sword right?

So if Thanos feared a being that got gutted by the sword of Surtur, DS should have some relic that can harm thanos. Omega effect possibly? That is his power like Surtur's sword is to Surtur's.

Stoic

-K-M-

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Insane Titan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.