The fifth dimension vs Dione lineup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
616 versions of everyone old Dione beat, vs an invasion from the fifth dimension.

Who wins?

MrMind
the 5th dimension in dc?
mxy solos, batmite solos, tyrion lannister solos

Flyattractor
Who or what is Diane again?

Insane Titan
Do the Abstracts get prep and get to weaken Myx etc like GA Prime did?

cdtm
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Do the Abstracts get prep and get to weaken Myx etc like GA Prime did?

Grabbing Annataz and demanding "weaken him" was the extent of the prep. Annataz also wasn't powerful enough to weaken Superboy Prime (Who may as easily have wanted to keep Mxy from escaping, rather then needed the amp. Because again, Annataz weakened Mxy, but didn't do jack to Prime.)

And they can try.

Insane Titan

cdtm
How about you read it?

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Countdown-2007/Issue-23?id=37207#10

"No magic for imp. No magic for imp. Break his will!"

"You keep saying stuff, but you're only keeping him here."

Do you think Batman could do this? Absolutely not, Annataz would turn him into Bat droppings.

cdtm
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Countdown-2007/Issue-23?id=37207#27

She gives him back his powers:

"Come with me, kiddo,before he decides we're worth killing after all."

Emperor Joker is >>>>> Spectre and entire mainstream dcu. It stands to reason, whatever means Annataz had to weaken a 5d imp is far, far beyond your typical sorcerer.

It would take more power then Wanda had to erase mutants,that's for sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're making some pretty big assumptions there that don't make sense based on the evidence we are presented with.

She was an alternate and evil version of Zatanna. Nothing special. If she was anything truly powerful, Superman Prime would've used her to accomplish his goals. The comic made it very clear that Superman Prime needed Mxy's power however. Implying his power is far greater, which makes sense.

Somehow however, her magic was able to depower Mxy. Does Mxy being depowered and rendered useless by a shitty Goth version of Zatanna make sense? No but it's mostly just a very shit showing for Mxy. Everyone has them.

cdtm
SBP can't warp reality.

And Mxy can't warp him. His "hax" is well established, against a wide variety of upper level cosmic powers.

He broke free of the Phantom Zone, for gods sake. Powered his way out. NO ONE does that.

SquallX

xJLxKing
Prime punching to the 5th was not PIS

He was braking through universal barriers without an amp. What was PIS was that he managed to punch through and pull mxy. How did he know he would be on that exact spot

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
SBP can't warp reality.

And Mxy can't warp him. His "hax" is well established, against a wide variety of upper level cosmic powers.

He broke free of the Phantom Zone, for gods sake. Powered his way out. NO ONE does that.

Not being able to warp reality is one thing, but one of the tasks he needed of Mxy was to locate his PERFECT Earth and also destroy all the other 51 Earth's.

What evidence do you have that Mxy can't warp him? Mxy could snap his fingers and turn Prime into a cheese burger without a plot device asterisk. I stand by that statement. As a matter of fact, Mxy specifically says that if he was up to it, he'd go back and turn Prime inside out. This was the writer's way of acknowledging (IMO) the consistent hierarchy.

Let us assume Prime could beat Mxy (He can't. He couldn't even kill a depowered Mxy when he tried), and that is a huge assumption, why would he need the witch to hold him hostage and restrain his magic?

This comic took some liberties, but it was hardly incoherent. Mxy is by far the most powerful, could turn Prime into a bunny, and Prime needed his vast power to accomplish his goals. The comic touched on each of those points.

Mxy was depowered and was jumped off-panel by Prime punching through the 5th Dimension. The comic piles on asterisk after asterisk. I don't know why it's even being brought up. Less excuse was given for Flash beating Prime's ass like a two-dollar whore.

SquallX

xJLxKing

cdtm
The only reason SBP was even brought up, is because Insane Titan asked if the team gets similar prep.

I guess the answer to that question is, no. Not in the sense that Mxy just sits around and let's it happen, at least.

They get whatever they dragged to the fight against Dione.

Insane Titan

cdtm
So you think Jarvis could beat up Mxy, if he was there.

DarkSaint85
If Jarvis was able to sap his will, sure.

Power is one thing. The will to use it is another. You could have the ability to fly/bench 1000 tons, don't mean shit if you're a lazy bastard lol.

Insane Titan

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If Jarvis was able to sap his will, sure.

Power is one thing. The will to use it is another. You could have the ability to fly/bench 1000 tons, don't mean shit if you're a lazy bastard lol.

Can't argue with that. smile

My main thing, is I'm not sure what more SBP needs to do to prove he might be resistant to 5d magic.

Let's look at the list:

1. Shrugged off Mordru's power (Time Trapper peer): Check.

2. Literally punched his way into the fifth dimension, and punched his way out of the Phamtom Zone.

3. Retcon punch.

4. Single handedly resisting Black Lanterns "hax".

5. Monarch.

Then there's lesser feats like taking Adams lightning fists with a smile, tanking everything three entire Legion of Superheroes, Flash's, and an experienced guardian Sodam Yat could dish out.

Add that with the fact that Mxy chose to flee, instead of turning him into a pink bunny, which weakened or not he could certainly do to normal Superman.

I'm not exactly saying SBP beats him outright, but I get the impression the posters who aren't blatant fanboys skew the opposite direction, and lowball/ignore/downplay him.

I mean, Sentry gets played up to ridiculous degrees based on one feat against Molecule Man, and tanking an Avengers linup, and SBP has a much more solid record of "cheese", imo.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not being able to warp reality is one thing, but one of the tasks he needed of Mxy was to locate his PERFECT Earth and also destroy all the other 51 Earth's.

What evidence do you have that Mxy can't warp him? Mxy could snap his fingers and turn Prime into a cheese burger without a plot device asterisk. I stand by that statement. As a matter of fact, Mxy specifically says that if he was up to it, he'd go back and turn Prime inside out. This was the writer's way of acknowledging (IMO) the consistent hierarchy.

Let us assume Prime could beat Mxy (He can't. He couldn't even kill a depowered Mxy when he tried), and that is a huge assumption, why would he need the witch to hold him hostage and restrain his magic?

This comic took some liberties, but it was hardly incoherent. Mxy is by far the most powerful, could turn Prime into a bunny, and Prime needed his vast power to accomplish his goals. The comic touched on each of those points.

Mxy was depowered and was jumped off-panel by Prime punching through the 5th Dimension. The comic piles on asterisk after asterisk. I don't know why it's even being brought up. Less excuse was given for Flash beating Prime's ass like a two-dollar whore.

I loved that post. thumb up

Diesldude
Originally posted by cdtm
SBP can't warp reality.

There was an omnipotent bring in the phantom Zone that couldn't break out but Prime could. Prime is really powerful and is underrated on these boards because of a couple of pis fights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.