Lost in Space (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
This looks like it might be fun...

April 13, 2018

fzmM0AB60QQ

Flyattractor
This looks like it could be quite good as long as it don't go all Hard Core EmoBullShit.

Be fun to have a nice Family Adventure Show out there.

Tha and keep the SJW bullshit down to but I doubt that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks like it might be fun...

April 13, 2018

fzmM0AB60QQ

Four sure, loved the original as a kid, despite it's cheese factor; even thought the 90's film was decent enough for a family flick

Will definitely check this out.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I actually rather enjoyed the 90s flick.

BruceSkywalker
likely will pass unless it gets recommended

TheVaultDweller
I prefer the more classic iteration of this line:

OWwOJlOI1nU

Rebel95
Anyone watch this?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Rebel95
Anyone watch this?

It's okay. I got somewhat bored but my brother seemed to enjoy it.

tkitna
Thought it was excellent and pray they renew it for another season.

carthage

Rebel95
The Titan wasn't that good. Altered Carbon sounds cool I'll probably watch that next

TheVaultDweller
Reviews have left me iffy on watching this. I heard it suffers from Netflix bloat and that it has a lot of filler content to stretch out the story. And after the strung-out shitfest that was Jessica Jones S2, I am not too keen on more of that.

Dreampanther
Just wait for Westworld.

Patient_Leech
I'm probably gonna hit this show up at some point. I've heard pretty good things, even though the reviews are a little mixed.

Todd1700
I forced myself to finish watching the first episode so I could give a totally fair review but I was already feeling the desire to cut it off about 20 minutes into it. Other than the look and effects I despised everything about it. I hate the cast, the corny emo dialog and the eye roll inducing ridiculous situation with the girl frozen in the ice. I mean you have a temperature drop on the planet surface so severe that it insta freezes a 60 foot deep pool of water and yet the Robinson family is standing at the edge of this pool of water with unzipped jackets, no hoods in place and Exposed Skin everywhere and suffer no ill-effects. Later as they are trying to melt this girl out we have the simultaneously ridiculous situation of the temperature being so low it's insta freezing their progress back up yet at the same time it's raining. Not sleet, not snow, not hail, rain. Wow what an amazing Planet this is where such amazing variances in temperature can obviously exist 5 feet apart. I found myself pulling for these people to die. But since I'm sure they won't I will not be watching any more of this Syfy channel level trash.

Patient_Leech
^ Hm... You've discouraged me.. lol

cdtm
Judy is really annoying.

What should have been a tense moment just made you wish she'd win a Darwin Award.

cdtm
Was ready to drop this, right up until Smith.

I'm intrigued just enough by this version to see where they're going with it.

cdtm
"Here's a robot that killed people. Promise not to tell anyone."

"Ok."

"The planets about to fall into a black hole. Promise not to tell anyone."

"Ok."

cdtm
I kind of like the Smith/smuggler dynamic.

The hardened criminal with a heart of gold no one trusts, vs the siren with a friendly face who would literally sell her own mother into slavery if she didn't already harvest her organs and make a mint on the black market.

Granted, the show is about as subtle as a hammer about it, outright having evil Smith TELL the audience the smuggler is really a good guy. Still, fairly interesting for this show.

I'm mostly hanging around for the robot though.. It's relationship with Wil is clearly based on Lenny and George of Mice and Men, what with the gentle giant unless provoked nature of the machine, and Wil's protective nature and sense of responsibility towards it. Right down to Wil, with tears in his eyes and a "I gotta. We gotta" speech, trying to murder "Lenny" after he hurts his father.

cdtm
"So, I doctored test results for our son, after he failed the test."

"You just did what any mother would do."

NO! No, that is NOT ok to rig a test for your son!

As a father, I'd be aghast if my wife told me that. I'd be enraged, frankly.

Jesus, parents DO have scruples, even when it comes to their own. Hell, the good parents are ESPECIALLY strict about ethics applying to their own progeny.

cdtm
All I've gotta say about this series, is:

DANGER DANGER! Danger, Wil Robinson!

If derivative, predictable, plots, and unlikable everyone's is your bag, by all means check this out.

I had hopes for the villain, but frankly her actions make no sense. She isn't a schemer, she's a twit who stirs shite up for no reason.

Todd1700
Originally posted by cdtm

If derivative, predictable, plots, and unlikable everyone's is your bag, by all means check this out.

Yeah I basically didn't like any character on the show. I realize it's not necessary for characters to be likeable for a show to be good but with this type of show you kind of need someone to pull for. Why? Well if you keep putting characters in danger but I not only don't care if they live, I am actually pulling for them to die only to be disappointed over and over then there is just not much satisfaction involved with watching.

I have no idea what the writers and the director intended for the mom character but she is without doubt one of the most unlikeable bitches I have ever seen. A dubious distinction considering that she is supposedly one of the good guys. The two girls are irritating as shit. The father is a wussy ass, dickless, unlikeable, wimp for putting up with the wife's shit. And the Dr Smith character is just a baffling mess that makes no sense whatsoever.

About the only character that didn't get on my nerves was the robot. probably because he looks cool and doesn't say hardly anything.

My advise for how to improve the show would be to kill off every character on the show except the robot and just do a show about it next year.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Todd1700
Later as they are trying to melt this girl out we have the simultaneously ridiculous situation of the temperature being so low it's insta freezing their progress back up yet at the same time it's raining. Not sleet, not snow, not hail, rain. Wow what an amazing Planet...

Yeah, I watched the first episode too, and that part was cringe worthy. It's just too stupid to enjoy. And the whole part with the alien robot coming to save the day at the end was painfully lame. So yeah, I agree, the show looks great, but I fear it's too painfully stupid to continue. I might watch one more episode and unless it improves drastically I'm probably done. It's a shame, I was hoping it would be good.

cdtm
If you think of it as a collegehumor fan film...

It's a boring fan film. Just see the Batman clips instead. thumb up

Hell, I'll even spoil it: The robot imprints on whoever fixes it, and protects them at all costs. So it accidentally attacks Will's dad protecting him, and Will orders it to step off a cliff.

Then evil fake Doctor Smith somehow finds it despite not being there when it fell, because she knows everything, and after failing to fix it, just stumbles onto the repair sequence that involves the alien ship. it imprints on her., does everything she says, and seems to forget Will.

Until it doesn't. Then it starts fighting an even more eviler robot to protect Will.

Also, straight ripoff of Aliens with Wills mom protecting him from mindwiped robot, including a "Get away from her, you *****!" variant.

There, best part, which is still a terrible scene of a terrible show.

Patient_Leech
Oh, Jesus.. yeah, I don't think I'll be able to handle this. It sounds awful.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd rather just watch the 1998 film again. I've seen it twice I think and I remember enjoying it both times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.