If He Be Worthy - Tournament Invitation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a85b234ee27c197353c31f7e7c32fcb4-c

Hail!

So here's the deal guys and gal. For better or for worse, Thor Odinson is coming back as main protagonist of his own series this summer. And given the changes that have gone on in the last 4 years, the hammer is obviously a trollop that will go off with whoever suits its agenda better.

So that's the tournament thumb up nominate a character, and it get to use Mjolnir in its battles.

RULES

-Only your character is worthy of their Mjolnir. No stealing the opponents hammer.

-No Thor specific abilities, so no Godblast. AND for the purposes of this tournament, unless you're a certified "God of Thunder" such as Jane Thor, or have proven to be able to use it in the past beyond simply crackling with lightning, no lightning projection. So Jane Thor for instance, can use Mjolnir's full array of abilities, Martian Manhunter, cannot.

-No "thunder God" specific abilities still leaves the rest of Mjolnir's potent arsenal to be added to your character. And for the purposes of the tournament, if you've seen Mjolnir do it, so can your character.

So that: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2364725-thor_vol2_524_022_17.jpg is okay

This: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir243-LightningChaosWar5.jpg is not

-I was going to veto characters, but I've decided to let you lot decide that. 3 votes against equals a banning of the character.

--------------------

Setting:

https://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/room-of-spirit-time-front.jpg

Room of Spirit and Time

So featureless environment

--------------------

Tournament Format

- Nominate a character, it goes into the pool
- After you get randomized you get matched randomly as well against a different opponent
- 3 judges
- 3 posts, first one sent to me then posted on the thread itself
- First match starts on the 23rd

Selection Pool

Tier 3 - Herald

High
Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, Dr. Strange (classic), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Quasar, Qztr, Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman, Swamp Thing, Talisman, Thor, Zoom II (Hunter Solomon)

Middle
Adam Warlock, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Circe, Cpt. Comet, Captain Marvel (DC), Count Nefaria, Damien Hellstrom, Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), The General (Shaggy Man), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hulk, Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Juggernaut (Classic), Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Metamorpho, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Solomon Grundy, Supergirl, Supreme, Terrax the Tamer, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), Waverider, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form), Wonder Woman

Low
Absorbing Man, Air Walker, Animal Man, Apocalypse, Apollo, Aquaman (DCNU), Argent, The Atom, Aztek, Breach, Cassandra Nova, Cir-El, Damage, Darkness, Darwin, Death's Head 3.0, Death Metal, Doomsday (DOS), Doctor Doom, Dr. Invincible, Dr. Light, Dr. Light II (Kimiyo Hoshi), Dr. Polaris, Drax The Destroyer, Enchantress, Engineer, Exodus, Fin Fang Foom, The Flash I (Jay Garrick), Forerunner, Gammid, Gilgamesh, Gold Key Solar, Gorilla Grodd, Graviton, Green Lantern (Soranik Natu), Guardian I (James Hudson), He-Man, Hector Hammond, Hercules (Immortal), Iceman, Invincible, Iron Man, Isis, Jade, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Jack of Hearts, Jericho, Kalibak, Kang, Krypto, Lightray, Living Monolith, Loki (Ultimate), Lunatik, Madison Jeffries (BOX IV), Magneto (U), Major Force, Makkari, Man-Beast, Manchester Black, Marrina (Leviathan), Mar-Vell, Matrix Supergirl, Meggan, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), Mr. M, Nimrod, Nova (Frankie Raye), Nova Richard Rider (current), Plastic Man, Power Girl, Prime, Professor X, Raven, Ravenous, The Ray, Red Tornado, Ronan the Accuser, Saturn Girl, Selene (External), Shadow King, Snowbird, Starhawk, Starman, Super Skrull, Stryfe, Superboy, Tempest, Thor (Ultimate), Ultra Boy, Ultra-Humanite, Ultron, Union, Vulcan, Wendigo, Winter, Witchfire (Normal), Zauriel

-----------------------

REWARD FOR VICTORY

Title of "Worthy" in a sig. So it would be "Badabing the Worthy" for example, with the character you won with in the sig.

Questions? smile

DarkSaint85
Wally West.

abhilegend
Hunter Zolomon

"Id"
Shaman X-Man

leonidas
laughing out loud

rachel/phoenix

cdtm
No one picked Batman? eek!

DarkSaint85
Old Man Leoni, OP title clearly states HE be worthy.

Rachel is a she, and that is a scientific fact!!!

leonidas
funnier--i bet everyone forgot about the randomizer factor. laughing out loud everyone is picking someone they want. idjits thumb up

cdtm
The Shadow.

deathslash
Ugh..... Can I choose someone from a lower tier than what's presented?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
funnier--i bet everyone forgot about the randomizer factor. laughing out loud everyone is picking someone they want. idjits thumb up

thumb up. It's all part of the plan.

"Id"
laughing out loud

rachel/phoenix sad

I took it into account.

LordofBrooklyn
Cyborg Superman

Damborgson
If you pick a a female your hammer will read:

Https://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/if-she-be-worthy.jpg

Also its okay to pick from a lower tier Deathslash thumb up

Remember of there's someone you wouldn't like to see in the pool start that veto now thumb up

Smurph
Can't participate, can judge if you need.

Good luck. thumb up

Damborgson
Great to have you as a judge thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
I find Smurph's ABJECT FEAR of me amusing!!!

cdtm
Originally posted by Damborgson
If you pick a a female your hammer will read:

Https://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/if-she-be-worthy.jpg

Also its okay to pick from a lower tier Deathslash thumb up

Remember of there's someone you wouldn't like to see in the pool start that veto now thumb up

What if you're non binary? Happy Dance

Damborgson
So current Pool:

Wally West

Hunter Solomon

Shaman/Xman

Phoenix Rachel

The Shadow

Cyborg Superman

------------------

Participants

- Darksaint

- Abhilegend

- Leonidias

- ID

- Lord of Brooklyn

- CDTM

- Deathslash (?)

Good group so far thumb up

cdtm
I'd like to noninate one more to the pool, or my joke has no relevence.

Woody 2.0.

http://capelesscrusader.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Q2_005_005.jpg

Artificial being, not sure whether he/she identifies as male or female (Here he finally settles on female, but the chest is fake..)

Died a heroic death, and got made fun of by Wood classic for getting a burial with all her plastic bits.

Come on, put her in just to mix it up. smile

"Id"
Originally posted by cdtm
I'd like to noninate one more to the pool, or my joke has no relevence.

Woody 2.0.

http://capelesscrusader.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Q2_005_005.jpg

Artificial being, not sure whether he/she identifies as male or female (Here he finally settles on female, but the chest is fake..)

Died a heroic death, and got made fun of by Wood classic for getting a burial with all her plastic bits.

Come on, put her in just to mix it up. smile

Phuck your SJW draft.

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
Phuck your SJW draft.

lmao.

I'm a deep cover conservative, who's clearly doing a good job. wink

deathslash
I nominate Maxima.

Smurph
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I find Smurph's ABJECT FEAR of me amusing!!! Looking forward to judging your matches thumb up

Supermutant
Mongul

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Smurph
Looking forward to judging your matches thumb up

WHA!!!

leonidas
laughing out loud

"Id"
laughing

Bentley
Kang the Conqueror!!!

Damborgson
Nice!

I forgot to add, all matches with LoB in them will have a single judge...Smurph thumb up

Damborgson

Damborgson
I'm going to give it until the end of today to see if this catches anyone else, then I will have everyone randomized and ready tomorrow thumb up

beatboks
Ultra humanite

"Id"
I'm going to give it until the end of today to see if this catches anyone else, then I will have everyone randomized and ready tomorrow thumb up

Can we not randomize our picks? Is this something we can vote on?

Damborgson
I am open to participants keeping their picks if a majority is comfortable with that thumb up

deathslash
I am open to participants keeping their picks if a majority is comfortable with that thumb up sure, I'd be ok with that.

Digi
Flashes should be banned. It's just...a dumb outlier that isn't easily countered through debating when things are randomized and you don't have teams. It basically sets up a lottery to see which two (Wally and Zoom) are fighting it out. Leo, Smurph and I only stopped speedforce shenanigans in our last one-post tourney by teaming up and specifically planning to stop them.

Digi
-Only your character is worthy of their Mjolnir. No stealing the opponents hammer.

By the way, you're all welcome for this particular rule. One of my cheesier tactics in an old Thor v. Thor BZ, but Damborg was packing heat with raw power feats, so I had to play dirty. And I see he didn't forget about it.

wink

LordofBrooklyn
The MIGHTY LOB will get the character he wants GUARANTEED!!

cdtm
I second Maxima.

...and still think we need more non Marvel/DC characters.

And for Carv, maybe Son Goku..

"Id"
I am keeping Shaman X-Man Night.
Also I am ok with the Flash/Zoom drafts.

Digi
I'd like to draft the only truly worthy one:

https://i.imgur.com/srQg4tK.jpg

I'm not going to attack anyone. I'm just going to explain how violence doesn't solve anything, and then we'll change into our walking shoes, go for a nice walk, and talk about how internet debate makes us feel.

leonidas
if we keep picks we should be allowed a second pick since we/i was operating under a different pretense. sneer

"Id"

"Id"
I am keeping Shaman X-Man.
Also I am ok with the Flash/Zoom drafts.

I hate my phone. edited typo. sad

if we keep picks we should be allowed a second pick since we/i was operating under a different pretense. sneer

Te chigastes.

PS The Fallen One Draft Silver Surfer vin

Damborgson
Okay, keep your picks guys thumb up

If you'd like to switch, go ahead!

Tomorrow I will get you all your opponents so you can start working on that opening post.

Also DS, pick a spare just in case you lose Wally. Doesn't look like you're getting a whole lot of opposition but if you do and he gets banned, best to have a back up.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Digi
By the way, you're all welcome for this particular rule. One of my cheesier tactics in an old Thor v. Thor BZ, but Damborg was packing heat with raw power feats, so I had to play dirty. And I see he didn't forget about it.

wink

https://i.imgur.com/xLuRXy7.gif

Filthy tactic indeed!

leonidas
lol

and flashes do pretty much suck in these things. /shrug

leonidas
will decide for sure tomorrow who to take. what time do we have until? maybe a bit later in the day to allow at least a little bit of time for consideration?

Damborgson
Yeah, ill do it at 10pm my time, everyone should have some good thinking time thumb up

One Big Mob
I'm pretty interested in this.

For the character, I'm interested in watching Lob win this in a sweep

deathslash
Flash and zoom needs to be banned.

I'm going with doctor strange as my character btw.

DarkSaint85
Flashes should be banned. It's just...a dumb outlier that isn't easily countered through debating when things are randomized and you don't have teams. It basically sets up a lottery to see which two (Wally and Zoom) are fighting it out. Leo, Smurph and I only stopped speedforce shenanigans in our last one-post tourney by teaming up and specifically planning to stop them.

And even then, it was a terrible plan that somehow got past the judges stick out tongue

I mean, no one expected the Time Clone Army. A sleeping spell??? Tsk.

Supermutant
Originally posted by deathslash
Flash and zoom needs to be banned.

thumb up

I choose worthy Thor and the plot thins.

DarkSaint85
You guys sad

Does no one want to see a Clone Army spamming Speed force lightning that's being channeled through Mjolnir whilst speedstealing from anyone who throws it my way?

For shame.

Digi
https://i.imgur.com/xLuRXy7.gif

Filthy tactic indeed!

2 x 0 = 0

fdog

deathslash
Originally posted by Supermutant
thumb up

I choose worthy Thor and the plot thins. that's the third vote. Ban them Damborg.

"Id"
Damn so it’s official the Zoom/Flashes are out?

beatboks
OK since we get our own choices switch mine to Daimon Hellstrom.
I figured no one else would know what bto do with Ultra and Mjilnor but I I drew him I could use the fact that he had already wielded the DCU version of Thor's hammer.

Philosophía
I can judge.

DarkSaint85
sad

Black Adam

Digi
Why you sad? It's randomized, yeah? Or did they agree that drafters get their draftee?

Imo a lot of drafts aren't taking advantage of Mjolnir's capabilities, and the ways they'd interact with certain power sets. Thinking of Thor as primarily a brawler is one thing in comics and vs. matches, but in tourneys, the Mega Man-level versatility of Mjolnir is usually what ends up making the biggest impact. I don't know who exactly is official and with what picks at this point, but (outside the speedsters) there's only one who's been picked that would have even been on my radar.

abhilegend
I'm not participating guys. Posted as a joke.

DarkSaint85
Why you sad? It's randomized, yeah? Or did they agree that drafters get their draftee?

Imo a lot of drafts aren't taking advantage of Mjolnir's capabilities, and the ways they'd interact with certain power sets. Thinking of Thor as primarily a brawler is one thing in comics and vs. matches, but in tourneys, the Mega Man-level versatility of Mjolnir is usually what ends up making the biggest impact. I don't know who exactly is official and with what picks at this point, but (outside the speedsters) there's only one who's been picked that would have even been on my radar.

They agreed we all keep our picks.

We were also banned from using it's esoteric abilities.
Then people banned my pick.

Now abhi is joking.

The whole world is against me.

LordofBrooklyn
Abhi knows if he does this Battlezone he can't use the excuse he has no time to go against Rage/Celey/Damborgson in a Battlezone!

Supermutant
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Now abhi is joking.

You can always team up with me DS. wink

abhilegend
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Abhi knows if he does this Battlezone he can't use the excuse he has no time to go against Rage/Celey/Damborgson in a Battlezone!
ermm

I've not participated in a BZ since last year.

Digi

Now abhi is joking.

Lol.

Thought the OP says you can't use Thor's thunder god abilities, but Mjolnir's abilities are on the table. Lots of possibilities for power fusions, imo.

Besides, you always want to run a new gag in these, right? Thor + Flash was already done by Scoobless back in like 2005. Flash Thordon, one of the better amalgams in tourney history.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can judge. Great thread idea, I hope we do another one in the summer.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Hunter Zolomon Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm not participating guys. Posted as a joke.

This is hilarious. Why did no one catch the joke? sad

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Thought the OP says you can't use Thor's thunder god abilities, but Mjolnir's abilities are on the table. Lots of possibilities for power fusions, imo.

Besides, you always want to run a new gag in these, right? Thor + Flash was already done by Scoobless back in like 2005. Flash Thordon, one of the better amalgams in tourney history.

Hmmm that IS true.

I swap my pick out to Krypto.

Digi
Rage as a judge pleases me. I was planning on taking this one off as a judge since I was a judge for the last one-poster, but having a knowledgeable Thor fan judging is important to me.

Hmmm that IS true.

I swap my pick out to Krypto.

Good pick. He is the worthiest good boy.

Damborgson
Flash/Zoom is out.

Sorry DS sad

And okay, to reiterate, you get to keep your choices, randomization has been outvoted so your drafts are your drafts thumb up

Judges: Smurph, Phil, Rage

I will have your matches ready by tonight. thumb up so you still have time to switch up your draft if you'd like.

"Id"
I require a clean break down of what I am and not allowed to use. Because will phuck things up.

DarkSaint85
I require a clean break down of what I am and not allowed to use. Because will phuck things up.

This.

leonidas
it's true. we need some general rules at least. no prep i assume? what else?

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a85b234ee27c197353c31f7e7c32fcb4-c

Hail!

So here's the deal guys and gal. For better or for worse, Thor Odinson is coming back as main protagonist of his own series this summer. And given the changes that have gone on in the last 4 years, the hammer is obviously a trollop that will go off with whoever suits its agenda better.

sad

DarkSaint85
Swapping out. For Black Alice

One Big Mob
Swapping out. For Black Alice I wonder what your plans could be

DarkSaint85
Big tiddy goth girl shenanigans.

leonidas
lol doubt that will be happening either, and.....obvious pick. thumb down

Digi
Lool. BA is above this tourney's limits. She's snuck into others on the caveat that she needs an external power source to copy, but it always seemed like bs to me. She's reached abstract level with her base power set.

I was just having a convo via PM with someone and remarked that she'd be great if she wouldn't be banned immediately.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but she needs an external power source to copy.

Bentley

I know you are talking about Kang. Watch me pull off the most stupid plan to ever graze a tournament thumb up

One Big Mob
-Only your character is worthy of their Mjolnir. No stealing the opponents hammer. I wonder what sort of loophole Dark is thinking of here with Black Alice. Brain bender

leonidas
lol yeah, that's a tricky one...

deathslash
If Saint's going with BA, I'm switching my character from Doctor Strange.

Maybe I'll go with power girl?

Damborgson
No black Alice thumb up that's one I should,have banned from the start.

Also, a few of you have PM'd me with possible choices , if you've been approved please state it on here so no one else thinks they have that character also thumb up

"Id"

DarkSaint85
You are all being perfectly horrid to me.

deathslash
No black Alice thumb up that's one I should,have banned from the start.

Also, a few of you have PM'd me with possible choices , if you've been approved please state it on here so no one else thinks they have that character also thumb up then I'm keeping doc strange.

Smurph

Imo a lot of drafts aren't taking advantage of Mjolnir's capabilities, and the ways they'd interact with certain power sets. Thinking of Thor as primarily a brawler is one thing in comics and vs. matches, but in tourneys, the Mega Man-level versatility of Mjolnir is usually what ends up making the biggest impact. I don't know who exactly is official and with what picks at this point, but (outside the speedsters) there's only one who's been picked that would have even been on my radar. Yeah, I'm surprised that a couple characters haven't been drafted... but it probably just means that I'm not as creative as everybody else.

DarkSaint85
Boo to Black Alice.

I draft Absorbing Man

Supermutant
Any prep allowed? Asking for my friend.

Digi
I'm in. Drafting Quasar (Wendell).

My vote is for no prep as well, minus passive shielding and such.

"Id"
Boo to Black Alice.

I draft Absorbing Man

Haha
I was thinking about him stick out tongue

Damborgson
So at the moment:

Id - Shaman

CDTM - The Shadow

Lord of Boise - Henshaw

Beatboks - Daimon Hellstrom

Leo - Deciding

Supermutant - Thor Odinson

Bentley - Kang

Deathslash - Doc Strange

Darksaint - Absorbing Man

Digi - Quasar (Wendell)
-------------------------------

Other Rules and Stipulations not covered

-No Prep. Standard starting distance.

-BFR: YOu can only BFR within the world of the Room and Spirit and Time. So this is to avoid Instant black hole teleportations and whatnot. But if you feel it a wise strategy, you can telepport your opponent to another part of the room and spirit and time, which is very large:http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/7/7b/DBZ_chapter_733.png/revision/latest?cb=20161106061628

though we will ignore the extra gravity for the purposes of the tournament.

-Characters who can shift between dimensions must be able to return to the field of battle within 5 seconds or consider themselves disqualified.

-Thunder God status may be awarded to those who have shown significant use of the elements as well to enhance their already known weather abilities.

Also as a side note, surprised no one has picked Superman.

Edit: DISCLAIMER- Characters who already have a hammer as standard equipment still receive a hammer for the tournament. So Jane Thor, Thor Odinson, Beta Ray Bill, Ultimate Thor, etc., will have their standard Mjolnir plus tournament Mjolnir.

"Id"

Damborgson
Other opinions about Dr. Strange?

DarkSaint85
Nay.

Damborgson
Be thinking of a back up in case you get that 3rd vote against you Beatboks.

Edit: meant Deathslash

beatboks
Yeah but she needs an external power source to copy.

Shes taken on power sources that weren't even inbthe area so no she doesnt.

No BA or Classic Stramge IMO

Damborgson
And there goes Strange. Sorry Deathslash, pick another guy thumb up

beatboks
Be thinking of a back up in case you get that 3rd vote against you Beatboks.

Edit: meant Deathslash

Was this meant for deathslash?? No votes against my choice that I'm aware of.

Damborgson
Yes, that was for Deathslash.

DarkSaint85

Damborgson
Hm, could,you specify? What part would you like more clear?

DarkSaint85
So say I had the Punisher.

No lightning shooting? Can I control the weather?

I can absorb energy attacks coming my way I assume. Open portals. Fly. That kinda thing. Do my stats increase? Jane is a sickly cancer patient, yet she becomes one of the strongest beings on Earth. Would it stack?

leonidas
i assumed we'd gain the strength of thor, no? just not the weather based power...?

leonidas
it's almost 7pm where i am. what time is the deadline? matters cuz i have some plans tonight. can i respectfully ask until midnight as things today didn't go quite as planned--ie had a lot less time today than i thought i might to look at some things...

"Id"
it's almost 7pm where i am. what time is the deadline? matters cuz i have some plans tonight. can i respectfully ask until midnight as things today didn't go quite as planned--ie had a lot less time today than i thought i might to look at some things...

Where you at?

leonidas
EST

One Big Mob
Originally posted by beatboks
Was this meant for deathslash?? No votes against my choice that I'm aware of. Watch your back is what I think he's saying.

"Id"
Ok so Godblast and Lightning Strikes are a no go, but (provided we can prove how) Anti-force is fair game?

I understand God-Force but I figured I could hammer time some damn lightning.

Damborgson
So say I had the Punisher.

No lightning shooting? Can I control the weather?

I can absorb energy attacks coming my way I assume. Open portals. Fly. That kinda thing. Do my stats increase? Jane is a sickly cancer patient, yet she becomes one of the strongest beings on Earth. Would it stack?

Ahh, excellent point.

-He does not have a Thunder God status. So no lightning manipulation. At BEST the hammer will crackle with lighting like many worth users have done without actually calling down the lightning.

-Stats do not increase, but you get the powers that come along with the hammer. Energy absorption, portals, energy projection, returns to your hand when thrown, etc.

- the stat increase doesn't come with everyone, which is why I'm keeping it out. Think of it like this : https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11121/111214146/4942800- jake+olson+worthy+after+being++separated+from+thor
.jpg

Which is why your character already needs to have gpod durability already and you might not want to pick Wolverine and expect him to be Thor level strength. He would just have his regular abilities and Mjolnir.

So to reiterate: unless you have proven weather powers, I'm keeping them separate from Mjolnir aside from enhancing your strikes with some lightning.

All other abilities you've seen it display are fair game. And theres a lot of them thumb up

Leo: you're good dude. Ill wait for you to give me your pick, and midnight where I'm at is 8 hours away so you have time.

leonidas
thanks man. mucho appreciated. thumb up

and...ohhhh, that actually may change a thing or 2.

Digi
Leo with time to counter us all...

no expression

"Id"

leonidas
shifty

oh, and in case i really can't get back to this, taking jane. cuz, why the hell not? lol

Supermutant
Interesting

Digi
So.

I didn't realize this was a full tourney. My bad for skimming the OP, but my plan was predicated on another one post free-for-all. Regretfully, I'd like to drop out.

Damborgson
Okay, no worries Digi thumb up

You can apologize by meeting me in a battlezone after this is all over....

LordofBrooklyn
So.

I didn't realize this was a full tourney. My bad for skimming the OP, but my plan was predicated on another one post free-for-all. Regretfully, I'd like to drop out.

COWARD!!!

leonidas
as if on cue... laughing out loud

"Id"
see what you did Leo?!? You scared him away.

Digi can you judge? And no pullout.

Damborgson
And no pullout.

Never thumb up

If he can it's always good to have a spare, but we have 3 already actually.

Rage, Phil and Smurph. thumb up

"Id"
Never thumb up

If he can it's always good to have a spare, but we have 3 already actually.

Rage, Phil and Smurph. thumb up

Trust me we need a back up.
Nothing ever goes as plan.

Damborgson
Fair point. Digi, can we count on you?

Also: It's not final, but Leonidas is thinking of doing Jane Thor.

How does this sit with the rest of you?

"Id"

leonidas
laughing out loud

don't hate the player....

Damborgson
I was discussing that actually. Because of how unfair itd be for someone like Jane to unleash two Mother Storms onto the field, or any hammer user to smash them together, I've decided to restrict them to 1 hammer. So they get their standard weapon, along with Thunder God Status.

If this not okay with you Supermutant and Leo, feel free to switch your picks aa I've extended the deadline to noon tomorrow , at which point I will announce the paorings. Noon tomorrow is 17 hours away from this last post.

Sound fair y'all? Sorry for the confusion by the way thumb up had an idea in my head and realized my Thor Bag was slipping out.

"Id"

Damborgson
He would thumb up Jane already has access to abilities even Thor doesn't. This just wasn't sitting well with me.

beatboks
So hang on, there's NO STATS AMP from mjilnor???
But thats a prettu standard part of what it does.
Classic Thor lost his strength if he was kept from migjty Mjilnor for more than 60 seconds. BRB and Masterson also get physical enhancements from the hammer, as does Jane.

I wouldnt of course say that it makes the wielder Thor level in strengrh (after all current Thor still has super strengrh without it and Masterson was bo where near Thor level). But it sgould provide some level of physical amping

"Id"
Suck it beats no physical amps per tournament host. You better draft someone crafty. And by not crafty I mean weak

Damborgson
No sir, only the weapon itself. And its on and off. Unless they take on the Thor persona, they kind of just have the mallet. Which is whats happening here.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-852a067c2dd77e5b26eab91e48013e1e-c

Precisely to avoid lower tier character skyrocketing to herald levels.

leonidas
but odinson would still get the axe and the hammer?

deathslash
Before I choose my character, may I please get a list of who everyone else has chosen?

Damborgson
So at the moment:

Id - Shaman

CDTM - The Shadow

Lord of Boise - Henshaw

Beatboks - Daimon Hellstrom

Leo - Deciding (Jane?)

Supermutant - Thor Odinson

Bentley - Kang

Deathslash - to be decided

Darksaint - Absorbing Man

As far as Odinson getting his axe, I think that's alright.

Supermutant
No my evil plans are undone. Lol Leo brought too much attention with his pick. I'll settle for a big underdog, Princess Diana.

beatboks
Suck it beats no physical amps per tournament host. You better draft someone crafty. And by not crafty I mean weak

Oh I'm still good with Hellstrom.
Just thought it a little wierd.

I do want it clarified re "WORTHY" though. Tje concept is that whoever we pick is worthy of the Mjilnor they wield and no one else right??

I can see every argumemt against me opening up with "Hellstrom isnt worthy so your Mjilnor gives you nothing"

beatboks
No my evil plans are undone. Lol Leo brought too much attention with his pick. I'll settle for a big underdog, Princess Diana.

Evil plans would have just made your soul my ***** to use. 😁

Supermutant
Evil as in potentially mischievous not your kind of diabolical evil. I think everyone should turn their focus towards Hellstrom now. evil face

DarkSaint85

Given that without that plot protection Hellstrom has defeated hell lords regularly since his creation (at all his power levels), and has been stated to have magic at or above Dr Strange level in print on several occas I ns also (classic Stephen even stated he couldn't counter Daimon's spells) doesnt help Arthur either.

If Strange is out, Hellstrom is out too.

Supermutant

thumb up makes sense

Digi
Digi can you judge? And no pullout.

Fair point. Digi, can we count on you?

I can judge, sure. Just make sure you don't schedule me too often. Getting a lot of judges is one of the bigger challenges of longer tourneys, but also one of the most important.

And pullouts are for gold diggers. You guys are family. You never pull out on family...

ermm

leonidas

laughing out loud

i was actually cursing you for the same reason. felt i had to make my plan known before i wanted to. and diana was very likely to be my next pick!

so i had 17hrs from say 9PM last night, that should give me til 2 PM today i reckon? gotta take my car in to get fixed (my DAD smashed into it while it was parked in my PHUKCING driveway....) but i should still have it in before that deadline. bouncing a couple around in my head.

beatboks

Ha ha, because Daimon would beat Thor in a straight out battle??
I'm the biggest Hellstrom fan on ANY forum and even I concede that isn't the case. He might trick him but lacks the power to take a head on win.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/daimon-hellstrom-vs-thor-687671/

To prove so even in an equivalent to a BZ with me giving everything i had on Hellstrom

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/beatboks-hellstrom-vs-tgw-thor-winner-1526336/

Thor rightly won.

That wouldnt be the case vs Dr Strange now would it??

Ohh and Adam Warlock without the soul gem has beaten hell lords and hes not Strange level.

DarkSaint85
Ha ha, because Daimon would beat Thor in a straight out battle??
I'm the biggest Hellstrom fan on ANY forum and even I concede that isn't the case. He might trick him but lacks the power to take a head on win.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/daimon-hellstrom-vs-thor-687671/

To prove so even in an equivalent to a BZ with me giving everything i had on Hellstrom

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/beatboks-hellstrom-vs-tgw-thor-winner-1526336/

Thor rightly won.

That wouldnt be the case vs Dr Strange now would it??

Ohh and Adam Warlock without the soul gem has beaten hell lords and hes not Strange level.

Because as per you, he's above Classic Strange in some cases. If he is below in some cases, that's fine, but overall it seems that he's around that level.

As per you.

So if Strange is out, so is Hellstrom.

beatboks
Because as per you, he's above Classic Strange in some cases. If he is below in some cases, that's fine, but overall it seems that he's around that level.

As per you.

So if Strange is out, so is Hellstrom.

I'm sorry where did I say that??
You're quote from (if I'm not mistaken) a Hellstrom vs Aquamam thread where I say it doesn't jelp Arthir amd refer to statements rather than feats (wasnt aware we were accepting unsported statememts now)

Arion has magic on Classic Strange's level and is no where near his equal (let alone "above" him). So do others like Zatanna.

But I'm willimg to DQ Daimon if 3 people conceed he's strange level

DarkSaint85
Arion wasn't drafted.

Nor was Zatanna.

Hellstrom was.

So was Strange.

Strange was DQed on account of his power levels (or maybe people really hate Cumberbatch).

So what are Hellstroms levels?

Loki has more intricate spells yes, but the level of magical power he wields is wield a bit below that wielded by Hellstrom. For example in magic to best Doom he needed intricacy in spellcraft and trickery rather than power. Hellstrom has examples of the level of his power being above that of Strange when SS. For one thing his magic could see through deceptions that Strange himself couldn't without casting counter spells. He was the one in Avengers who could contain Dormammu (admittedly he needed Strange to shield him from Dorm's attacks while he cast the spell) where Strange has failed to do so.

As I said in my post, if Strange is kicked out, so should Hellstrom.

So I think he is Strange level. Supermutant thinks he's Strange level.

YOU think he's above.

So your vote seals it, no?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>