Odin vs Thanos & Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gauntlet o doom
The Odin vs Thanos fight in Blood and Thunder was a classic fight where we saw, for probably the first time, someone get the upper hand on Thanos in a physical fight. If we give Thanos some help in the form of Darkseid, would the duo stand a chance against Odin?

One Big Mob
Maybe

Stoic
They'd spank him. Currently Thanos is likely more than capable of doing battle with Odin on equal footing. I suspect that Thanos may currently be a peg above Odin if we take what happened in the God Quarry into account.

Darkseid is probably on his level alone as well if we take his run in with DC U's Zeus into account as well. Darkseid currently has the power of an entire Pantheon. But then again so does Odin.

No offense, but together they'd likely beat him worse than Majeston Zalia and the Dark God's did.

Sin I AM
Thanos is irrelevant it is Darkseid who matters...it depends on how serious Odin is

Stoic
I disagree. Thanos is most certainly a threat.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thanos is irrelevant it is Darkseid who matters...it depends on how serious Odin is Originally posted by Stoic

Great points all around.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic

He couldn't even harm Odin in the slightest. How is he a threat?

Well I guess currently Odin is weaker and Thanos is about the same or stronger.

So by current characters you are correct.

panthergod
Thanos is irrelevant it is Darkseid who matters...it depends on how serious Odin is

No it doesn't. Odin would get beaten even without Thanos no matter how serious he is. Even a weakened Darkseid is Odin class as shown recently, and a weakened DS a la GDS is well above Odin.

Sin I AM
I disagree. Thanos is most certainly a threat. Thanos has zero feats under his belt save his son (a cuck) his father (mentor a weakling), and eros lol

h1a8
Currently Odin is fairly weak. Jane showing, not being able to command Mjolnir, etc.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
Currently Odin is fairly weak. Jane showing, not being able to command Mjolnir, etc.

this is B&T Odin

RadZoa
Darkseid simply waves his hand...and Odin and Thanos cease to exist

Stoic
Thanos has zero feats under his belt save his son (a cuck) his father (mentor a weakling), and eros lol

That cuck still had the Phoenix Force. Thane had the power to easily contend with a Sky Father, he wasn't some Herald light level character. Thane was a universal level threat and Thanos was able to contend with him.

According to the book, Thane had access to the full power of the PF.

Sin I AM
That cuck still had the Phoenix Force. Thane had the power to easily contend with a Sky Father, he wasn't some Herald light level character. Thane was a universal level threat and Thanos was able to contend with him.

According to the book, Thane had access to the full power of the PF.

i saw no skyfather level showings. I saw a newbie weilder of the pf get beaten becuz "daddy issues".

Insane Titan

h1a8
Drax overpowered it too

Insane Titan

h1a8
Then how did Drax kill Thanos?

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

TheHulkster

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

panthergod
Insane Titty getting upended. Typical.

TheHulkster

TheHulkster

TheHulkster
And Thanos while sick and dying completely dominates Corvus Glaive.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by panthergod
Insane Titty getting upended. Typical. Haha look at this little inferior trying to cheerlead , you been raped again then!

Stoic

zopzop
Exactly. Thane had the PF. The PF automatically grants its user cosmic awareness, which means that the user automatically passes the neophyte stage, and is promoted to vet. Thanos' comments while in combat with Thane should be taken with a grain of salt.
Rachel had the PF and she was a complete idiot with the power. Nekrom with a sliver of it out did her.

The P5 were incompetent hosts and Sinister was able to use his Madalyne clones to steal the PF from them.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by zopzop
Rachel had the PF and she was a complete idiot with the power. Nekrom with a sliver of it out did her.

The P5 were incompetent hosts and Sinister was able to use his Madalyne clones to steal the PF from them.

Are not each of those PIS based on KMC standards?

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Prof. T.C McAbe
Either Thanos or Darkseid wins against current Odin. Together they make this a spitestomp.

TheHulkster

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop

I think that you're exaggerating a bit here. None of them had to be in possession of the PF for long periods of time before they could use it like let's say a Starbrand wielder. Thane pretty much got the hang of it the moment he came into possession of it. Some were better than others yes, but they got the gist of it immediately, which was what I was getting at.

The P5 as a group didn't get much spotlight as well. They shouldn't be used in any form other than they were able to easily beat class 100's physically, because that's nearly all that we got from them.

Stoic

Insane Titan

XLR87T3
Thanos>>>Zuras=Zeus

Canonically Thanos is far more powerful than Zeus, who has zero feats on skyfather tier besides beating down the Avengers and WBH.

Darkseid said Superman is his peer, which automatically means he's fodder in this fight. Only his omega beams, if they have the omega effect, can meaningfully contribute to the fight.

DarkSaint85

Sin I AM

abhilegend
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Thanos>>>Zuras=Zeus

Canonically Thanos is far more powerful than Zeus, who has zero feats on skyfather tier besides beating down the Avengers and WBH.

Darkseid said Superman is his peer, which automatically means he's fodder in this fight. Only his omega beams, if they have the omega effect, can meaningfully contribute to the fight.
Lolwut?

Darkseid is easily more powerful than either Thanos or Zeus.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lolwut?

Darkseid is easily more powerful than either Thanos or Zeus. Do you think Post Crisis Superman can give Thanos a hard fight?

abhilegend
Do you think Post Crisis Superman can give Thanos a hard fight?
Easily. He will beat the shit out of him if he goes into Darkseid beating mode.

Darkseid is not dependent on Superman for power scaling and Superman has been compared to a lot of powerful beings.

h1a8

XLR87T3
Easily. He will beat the shit out of him if he goes into Darkseid beating mode.

Darkseid is not dependent on Superman for power scaling and Superman has been compared to a lot of powerful beings. lol ok dude.

abhilegend
lol ok dude.
Great argument dude.

Sin I AM

TheHulkster

abhilegend
Except Drax says he was given enough power to kill Thanos in your scan.

TheHulkster

Insane Titan

abhilegend

abhilegend
You are too incompetent to post the right scan.

https://s9.postimg.org/arqvzmmyn/image.jpg

He didn't gain some new power. The killing stroke was encoded in his DNA from start and he accessed that power to kill Thanos.

Thanos didn't become weaker all of a sudden and neither did his shields which Drax tore apart.

https://s17.postimg.org/qspnmsxdr/image.jpg

TheHulkster

TheHulkster
And no one here other than that little voice in your head claimed that Thanos became weaker. No one but but Starlin in a canon book.

Facee

One Big Mob
Sin is 6 inches flaccid

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Facee
Sin are you a dude?! sick

im all the man you will ever need luv wink

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Sin is 6 inches flaccid

stfu bran

im atleast 12 evil face

abhilegend

TheHulkster
Silver bullet isn't kryptonite. A silver bullet doesn't weakens a werewolf, it just kills him. Kryptonite weakens Superman, it doesn't kills Superman by touch.

Learn the difference between kryptonite and a silver bullet.

There is no incantation, Drax had thd killing stroke encoded in his DNA from start.

Werewolves are harmed by silver in general. Silver bullets will kill them. Kryptonians are harmed by Kryptonite in general. A Kryptonite bullet can kill them.

Learn the similarities between Kryptonite and silver.

Does Drax die in Alaska and come back unable to fly, unable to fire energy blasts, unable destroy planets or rip stars apart, possessing normal intelligence and sporting stripes on his body? Yes, this is a different incarnation.

The previous two incarnations fail to even come close to killing Thanos for a couple of decades. That which is in his DNA becomes effective right before Annihilation.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Werewolves are harmed by silver in general. Silver bullets will kill them. Kryptonians are harmed by Kryptonite in general. A Kryptonite bullet can kill them.

Learn the similarities between Kryptonite and silver.

Does Drax die in Alaska and come back unable to fly, unable to fire energy blasts, unable destroy planets or rip stars apart, possessing normal intelligence and sporting stripes on his body? Yes, this is a different incarnation.

The previous two incarnations fail to even come close to killing Thanos for a couple of decades. That which is in his DNA becomes effective right before Annihilation.
A silver bullet is meant to kill a werewolf, it doesn't weakens it.

Unless you think Thanos shield was weakened by Drax what you are proposing is preposterous.

TheHulkster
A silver bullet is meant to kill a werewolf, it doesn't weakens it.

Unless you think Thanos shield was weakened by Drax what you are proposing is preposterous.

I don't know what your brain has convinced itself that I'm proposing, but I never said that Drax weakens Thanos. You are taking a simple analogy that was never meant to be perfectly exact and nitpicking it because you must find some way to low ball. The analogy was no more than to show that Thanos is vulnerable to Drax like Superman is vulnerable to Kryptonite. The silver bullet example is fine just as well. Use some reading comprehension skills for a change and learn to read between the lines.

Byond
Thanos Solo this. New Thanos comic he is fairly above anything that Odin has done. Thanos in Annihilation would most likely stalemate Odin if not win.

Darkseid is a non-factor in this fight as both Odin and Thanos would destroy him.

Remove Darkseid and Thanos would still win.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Byond
Thanos Solo this. New Thanos comic he is fairly above anything that Odin has done. Thanos in Annihilation would most likely stalemate Odin if not win.

Darkseid is a non-factor in this fight as both Odin and Thanos would destroy him.

lol just no. please stop

abhilegend
I don't know what your brain has convinced itself that I'm proposing, but I never said that Drax weakens Thanos. You are taking a simple analogy that was never meant to be perfectly exact and nitpicking it because you must find some way to low ball. The analogy was no more than to show that Thanos is vulnerable to Drax like Superman is vulnerable to Kryptonite. The silver bullet example is fine just as well. Use some reading comprehension skills for a change and learn to read between the lines.
How is Thanos vulnerable to Drax like Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite?

Kryptonite weakens Superman, does Drax weakens Thanos and his shields now?Originally posted by Byond

Go away random comicvine poster.

celeyhyga17
Ughhhh.. Holy Jeezuz... This is why.

TheHulkster

Kryptonite weakens Superman, does Drax weakens Thanos and his shields now?

Apparently:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g_3gsBxTd_w/U4btpLDw_fI/AAAAAAADgPM/u0EuXU96Byg/s1600/-023+copy.jpg

Byond

Kryptonite weakens Superman, does Drax weakens Thanos and his shields now?
Go away random comicvine poster.

Thanos is vulnerable to Drax in the sense that he was the only one able to hurrt Thanos. He is the only one that can kill Thanos. It's not really like Kryptonite. It is more like he bypass the durability of Thanos. While Superman, Thor, Darlseid and Sentry would never be able to hurt Thanos with anything in their powerset, Drax bypass all of that. But that was before Thanos third resurrection from the universal church of truth. After that, nothing was able to hurt him and nothing did anything to him.

Read a Thanos comic please..

abhilegend
Apparently:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g_3gsBxTd_w/U4btpLDw_fI/AAAAAAADgPM/u0EuXU96Byg/s1600/-023+copy.jpg
That's not being weakened by Drax.

abhilegend
Thanos is vulnerable to Drax in the sense that he was the only one able to hurrt Thanos. He is the only one that can kill Thanos. It's not really like Kryptonite. It is more like he bypass the durability of Thanos. While Superman, Thor, Darlseid and Sentry would never be able to hurt Thanos with anything in their powerset, Drax bypass all of that. But that was before Thanos third resurrection from the universal church of truth. After that, nothing was able to hurt him and nothing did anything to him.

Read a Thanos comic please..
I've read everything about Thanos. There has been no comic where Drax is the only one who can hurt Thanos or is the only one to kill him.

Either Superman, Sentry or Darkseid are perfectly capable of defeating Thanos.

Read some comics kid.

TheHulkster
Abhi nitpicks on semantics in his lowballing efforts. I said that saying that Drax overpowers Thanos is like saying that Kryptonite overpowers Superman. Nothing about that says that Drax and Kryptonite work identically.

TheHulkster
That's not being weakened by Drax.

What else would it have been?

abhilegend
Abhi nitpicks on semantics in his lowballing efforts. I said that saying that Drax overpowers Thanos is like saying that Kryptonite overpowers Superman. Nothing about that says that Drax and Kryptonite work identically.
But kryptonite does not overpowers Superman. It drains Superman.

Drax flat out overpowered Thanos shields and ripped his heart out. Originally posted by TheHulkster
What else would it have been?
It's attributed to his many deaths and resurrections.

Starlin is really a crybaby.

Byond
I've read everything about Thanos. There has been no comic where Drax is the only one who can hurt Thanos or is the only one to kill him.

Either Superman, Sentry or Darkseid are perfectly capable of defeating Thanos.

Read some comics kid.

It seems you have no idea what Thanos is capable of. Not only does it take people far more powerful than Superman to hurt Thanos, like Tyrant, Galactus, Odin etc. Then when you factor in the fact that Thanos tanked a blade that could slice through anything.. TWICE (by Gamora and Corvus Glaive). It takes people far above low heralds such as Superman, Hulk, Nova, Gladiator and high heralds such as Beta Ray Bill, Sentry, Surfer, Thor to hurt him as well. You need to be at least Odin level or more powerful to really hurt him.

DarkSaint85
And Black Panther thumb up

abhilegend
It seems you have no idea what Thanos is capable of. Not only does it take people far more powerful than Superman to hurt Thanos, like Tyrant, Galactus, Odin etc.

So does Superman. Emperor Joker, Gog and Darkseid to name a few.

So has Superman who tanked Persuader axe while it was cleaving time and space like nothing.

It's really cute you think Superman is low herald like Nova or Gladiator and Hulk is low herald.

You've a lot to learn young padawan.

TheHulkster
But kryptonite does not overpowers Superman. It drains Superman.

Drax flat out overpowered Thanos shields and ripped his heart out.
It's attributed to his many deaths and resurrections.

Starlin is really a crybaby.

That's like saying that Batman overpowers Superman when he wears the Kryptonite ring.

Where does it attribute anything to deaths and ressurections?

Drax is compared to a silver bullet. Silver in general is harmful to wear wolves. The energy surrounding Drax as he approaches Thanos clearly somehow negates Thanos power. The book is all too clear on that. Drax doss not overpower Thanos.

Byond
Did you read Annihilation? Have you read anything with Thanos after he was resurrected by Death?

Thanos isn't invulnerable (ok, he is to some degree, much more so than Darkseid and Superman and Thor and Odin and Galactus in recent years).

Drax would be the equivalent of a Kryptonite man. The Kryptonite Man would easily surpass Superman's durability, because it is a weakness of his. Superman can also be killed by people that are physically superior to him. Drax would be to Thanos as the Kryptonite Man would be to Superman.

As for the fight. Odin would godslap Darkseid into oblivion, while Thanos pimpsmacks Odin into oblivion.

abhilegend
That's like saying that Batman overpowers Superman when he wears the Kryptonite ring.
The ring drains Superman. So no.

In the same scan.

A silver bullet doesn't drain power of werewolves by proximity.

You can't even keep your facts straight.

abhilegend
Did you read Annihilation? Have you read anything with Thanos after he was resurrected by Death?

Thanos isn't invulnerable (ok, he is to some degree, much more so than Darkseid and Superman and Thor and Odin and Galactus in recent years).

Drax would be the equivalent of a Kryptonite man. The Kryptonite Man would easily surpass Superman's durability, because it is a weakness of his. Superman can also be killed by people that are physically superior to him. Drax would be to Thanos as the Kryptonite Man would be to Superman.

As for the fight. Odin would godslap Darkseid into oblivion, while Thanos pimpsmacks Odin into oblivion.
I will wait for the scans of these claims.

TheHulkster

playa1258
Thanos and Darkseid can take this depending on the versions used.

abhilegend

Josh_Alexander

Another Thanos vs Darkseid thread??

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Another Thanos vs Darkseid thread??

Darkseid is....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.