*serious question* What's stopping Vader and Grievous from being disabled by ion guns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
If I didn't know any better, I'd say a group of Jawas could take down either of these glorified droids

Zentrex
They'd be able to avoid the shot for one thing.
And since it is biological substance keeping them alive, I imagine it'd be possible to fit them in with some sort of non-electricity based system which would allow their organs to power the machinery (That's a completely wild guess)

Kurk
up

Nephthys
Grievous - Mobility

Vader - The Force

Kurk
Mobility and the Force won't save you from dozens of ion-canon wielding opponents. Can't block it with your saber, so you're kinda screwed after a point.

Nephthys
Jumping over all the shots or blocking them with a Force barrier would do the trick.

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Jumping over all the shots or blocking them with a Force barrier would do the trick. It certainly saved Grievous

Tzeentch
What stopped the CIS from outfitting all their battle droids with fully-automatic blaster-shotguns and sonic weaponry, rendering Jedi completely defenseless?

Star Wars is sci-fantasy because a monk with a laser sword wouldn't last ten seconds on any sort of battlefield that actually made sense. Just enjoy the spectacle lad.

Zentrex
The Force is quite powerful. Especially in Vader. He could freeze tons of Jawas in place if he really wanted to.

Kurk
How would that work if all the Rebellion troopers carried ion canons instead of blasters? Imagine the end scene from Rogue 1. Vader goes down in a seizing fit.

Zentrex
He carries a lightsaber to protect himself from blaster bolts. I guess he should carry similar protection against ion shots as well, and who knows, maybe he does. But he could use the force to make the blasters malfunction. I know he showed himself as being really slow in Rogue 1, but the comics have showed us that he could have really just pushed them all to the edge of the door and killed them immediately. And perhaps the Force can't defend as well against weapons which move as fast as ion shots, but we've seen him take blaster fire directly to his palm, so maybe he can do that with ion shots as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.